115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About
In an ancient history essay or research paper, an adequately chosen topic is critical. A clear and relevant idea is just a starting point for time-consuming writing. You have to do a sufficient analysis together with thoughtful writing to bring history alive.
Our team has a solution for you!
If you are looking for ancient history topics to research and write about, you are in the right place. This article contains a list of interesting and controversial essay topics on ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt, as well as early world and Indian title ideas. There are also ancient history essay examples added to inspire you even more.
🔝 Top 10 Ancient History Essay Topics
🏺 best ancient history essay questions, 🏛️ ancient greece research topics, 🏺 ancient rome research topics, ⚖️ ancient egypt research topics, 🐉 ancient china research topics, 🧮 ancient middle east research topics, 🔱 ancient historical figures to write about, ✍️ ancient history research paper topics.
- Ancient history and classical antiquity: the difference
- Ancient history: the main source texts
- Early Iron Age: the key achievements
- Religion and philosophy in ancient Greece
- Science and technology in ancient Rome
- Ancient Chinese technology
- Music in ancient Greece and Rome: the comparison
- The major Mesopotamian civilizations
- The Nok culture and its history
- The Americas: pre-Columbian era
- What is the role of archaeology in historical research?
- Greek Mythology: what are its key figures?
- How were Egyptian pyramids built?
- The Pompeii eruption: how did it happen?
- Ancient Greek art: what is its influence on the world’s culture?
- What were the causes and effects of the Trojan war?
- Spartan warrior culture: how was it organized?
- Socrates: why is he the key figure of Western philosophy?
- What were the origins of the Colosseum?
- What were the causes of the Battle of Marathon?
📜 Ancient History Essay: How to Write
You might be wondering which events of the past are considered ancient history. Usually, this term refers to the circumstances from the beginning of writing human history to the beginning of post-classical history.
Be mindful that people can also apply it to the discipline itself!
Historians estimate the span of recorded history to be around 5000 years. It begins with the Sumerian script and ends with the fall of the Western Roman Empire.
There are three main ways to examine ancient history:
- Through primary sources
- Through archaeological discoveries
- Through secondary sources
We divided this list periodically and regionally. In our opinion, it is by far the easiest way to present ancient history topics for essay writing.
- Intellectual Achievements of Ancient Philosophers
- The concept of time in Presocratics
- The religious and social function of Greek Mythology. This essay strives to understand the function of mythology in Ancient Greece. Consider it both from the religious but also from a social function. Surprisingly, these functions cannot be fully isolated from one another. Just as religion explains society, society, at the same time, shapes the religion.
- The role of poets in Ancient Greece
- The primary emphasis of Spartan Education
- Three stages in burial rituals in Ancient Greece
- Causes of the Trojan War. In this research paper, comment on the roots o the Trojan War as recorded in myths. Consider other historical documents as well. An excellent source for anyone who is writing an essay about the Trojan War would be Homer and his works. Check Iliad out if you haven’t done it yet.
- Infanticide in Ancient Greece
- Agamemnon as a leader of Greece . This historical figure made a significant impact on Greece and the ancient world in general. In the essay, you should write about his military achievements. Elaborate on his reforms and his policy, both foreign and domestic.
- History of Greek Alphabet
- Homer’s influence on the history of Greece
- The origin of the Olympic games. Most of us get excited about the Olympic Games. In this research topic, students can learn more about the way this sport event originated. What sports were included from the very beginning? Who was able to participate?
- Plato and Aristotle political philosophy
- Divine Support during the Greco-Persian Wars
- Plato’s Allegory of the Cave . This essay is a bit more challenging but great for someone who wants to understand Plato on a much deeper level. Talk about what the philosopher meant when he spoke about the Cave. Why was he so concerned with the nature of human perception? What was the main message there for us?
- Slavery in Ancient Greece. As in many other societies of the ancient world, slavery was a widely accepted practice. Some of the most famous philosophers, such as Aristotle, thought that slavery was natural. In this essay, students can discuss how slavery became an acceptable practice in ancient Greece. How did the owners treat their slaves? What jobs did the slaves do?
- The main features of Ancient Greek Architecture
- Roman influence on the development of Ancient Greek Art
- Basic principles and notions of Euclid geometry
- Ancient Greek Drama
- Ancient Roman Emperors: the best and the worst
- Gender relationships in Ancient Rome . Expose the gender roles in Ancient Rome by examining the mythology and position in the family. Look for the representations in art, literature, and poetry. These sources will reveal the true position that men and women held in Ancient Roman society.
- Law and Justice in Ancient Rome
- Slavery in Ancient Rome
- Constitutional System in Ancient Rome
- Trade and Economy in Ancient Rome
- The architecture of Ancient Rome . A great essay topic to consider. First of all, we can still see some of its remainings today and appreciate it for its beauty. Second of all, it allows us to understand the power that Rome had. Talk about the most famous Roman architecture and implemented styles. What are the innovations used by Roman architects?
- Agricultural deities in Ancient Rome
- Clothing in Ancient Rome
- Ancient Roman Diet
- Languages in Ancient Rome: Classical and Vulgar . You cannot claim to understand a culture without understanding its language. Look at this linguistic division. Consider what it tells us about the social structure of Roman society.
- Epicurean philosophy and how it influenced the Roman way of thinking
- Entertainment and sports in Ancient Rome . Romans engaged in a variety of different sports, including racing, boxing, jumping, wrestling, etc. The theater was significant as well. You can also talk about board games that were popular in Ancient Rome.
- Julius Ceasar and the Rise of the Roman Empire
- Dictatorship and Democracy in Ancient Rome
- Early Latin Literature
- Constitutional reforms of Julius Ceasar
- Architecture, art, and technology in the Old Kingdom
- Egyptian Pyramids and the construction techniques . One of the most mysterious structures ever. Egyptian Pyramids intrigued generations and generations of people. In this essay, you can talk about the history of the pyramids in Egypt. Elaborate on the techniques that were used to build them.
- The purpose of the pyramids in Giza
- History of the Great Sphinx
- Tutankhamun’s Tomb
- Ancient Egyptian beliefs about life and death . You cannot talk about Ancient Egypt without touching upon their belief system about life and death. Students can talk about how the idea of immortality influenced their beliefs. How did Ancient Egyptians get into the afterlife? What did they have to do?
- Mummification process in Ancient Egypt . Mummification was an integral part of ancient Egyptian religion. They saw this step to be essential to living well in the afterlife. Comment on the way the mummification process took place in Egypt, starting from “the most perfect” method. Mention a technique used to avoid major expenses.
- Ancient Egypt in the Bible. Ancient Egypt is one of the most commonly mentioned locations in the Bible. The Egyptians play critical roles in the Bible accounts. Does the Bible give an accurate description of Ancient Egypt?
- The importance of the Nile river
- The place of religion in Egyptian Civilization
- Innovation during the Reign of Hatshepsut
- Who were pharaohs?
- The formal writing system in Ancient Egypt
- Entertainment in Ancient Egypt . Learning about what people of the past did for fun is enjoyable, isn’t it? For instance, Ancient Egyptians liked to go swimming, rowing, dancing, fishing, and hunting. You can write about one, or about several activities that Egyptians did. Just pick and see what you can find!
- Burial Ceremonies in Ancient Egypt
- Arts and Music in Ancient Egypt
- Gender role of women in Ancient Egypt
- Clothing and makeup in Ancient Egypt: why were cleanliness and appearance so important?
- The significance of the Silk Road for Ancient China
- Why was the Great Wall built?
- What was the purpose of the Forbidden City? Explain what the Forbidden City was built for. Why was it was this way? You can talk about how its symbolic meaning changed over the centuries. What did it mean then and signifies now?
- The Terracotta Army as a symbol of life and power
- The Battle of the Red Cliffs: the causes and the outcomes
- History of science and technology in Ancient China . Ancient China is famous for its inventions. It held leading positions in the world in many fields. Of course, you can examine the four primary inventions—papermaking, printing, gunpowder, and the compass. There are other less known inventions such as bronze, acupuncture, a toothbrush, and paper money.
- The key accomplishments of the Han Dynasty in Ancient China
- Three Major Religions in Ancient China
- Literature and Philosophy in Ancient China
- The teachings of Confucius
- The Sumerians and Mesopotamia
- How did the Sumer Language develop and die?
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon the Great. One of the Seven Wonders of the World. No one knows if they existed for real, but they were included in the list. You can simply try to answer a question: what is so special about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?
- Science and Technology in Mesopotamian Civilization
- Gender roles in Ancient Mesopotamia . Just like many other nations in the ancient world, ancient Mesopotamia was a patriarchal society. Men were the heads of the household. The gender roles were clearly defined. Talk about what women were allowed to do in Ancient Mesopotamia. What were they not allowed to do, and why?
- Ancient Mesopotamian Religion and Philosophy
- Akkadian Empire: the rise and the fall
- A written history of Ancient Israelites . Consider archeological excavations, the Hebrew Bible, and other ancient scrolls. Ancient Israelites have a long and exciting story to talk about. Write about it if you agree with this statement.
- The Pre-Islamic Middle East
- The consequences of the Persian-Greek Wars
It is tough to identify one single ancient historical figure to write about. First of all, there were a lot of them. Furthermore, this period of history is very long.
The abundance of influential rulers, artists, writers, and religious leaders is incredible. Even a very determined person can get confused. However, there is no need to worry because we are here to help.
These 15 historical figures can be a great focus of your next essay writing:
- Cleopatra . One of the most captivating women that ever lived. She was beautiful, smart, and extremely powerful. The last queen of Egypt is worth writing about.
- Julius Ceasar . A powerful ruler, a philosopher, a writer. Julius Ceasar is played a critical role in the events that led to the rise of the Roman Empire.
- Tutankhamun . His reign is not as significant as his tomb. You can still talk about his short reign and the cause of his death. You can also elaborate on the recent DNA and genographic research. Conducted as an attempt to understand the story of Tut, the latest findings are quite intriguing.
- Alexander the Great . He was believed to be a descendent of God. Alexander was a military genius, an incredible warrior, an influential leader. What accomplishments made him earn the title “great”?
- Aristotle . Many consider him to be one of the greatest philosophers of all time. He made notable contributions to logic, criticism, biology, and many other topics.
- Plato. Known as the Father of Western political philosophy, Plato is never underrated. His most remarkable contributions include the theory of forms. There, Plato looked for solutions to universal problems.
- Augustine of Hippo. We all heard of him as Saint Augustine, or Augustinus, or the doctor of the Church. Why was he considered one of the best theologians of Western Christianity? For more information about his life and personality, read the autobiographical book The Confessions .
- Jesus Christ . There are a lot of debates happening regarding the nature of Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, historians do not doubt that he existed. He was the most famous person that has ever lived. Besides, he is the central figure of the Christian religion.
- Caligula. Almost all the accounts of this Roman Emperor agree that he was cruel and vicious. However, he was a noble and moderate ruler in the first years of his reign. Some historians believe that Caligula was mentally ill.
- Cicero . Cicero was a Roma orator, lawyer, and philosopher. He believed in the existence of an ideal form of government. You can talk about his political or philosophical views and accomplishments.
- Confucius. In the essay about Confucius, talk about what he believed in and the religion that he started. Confucianism rests upon the belief that human beings are teachable, perfectible, and ultimately kind. The Golden Rule of Confucius that he taught all his followers to apply can become a great topic to discuss.
- Constantine the Great . This Roman Emperor can rightfully claim his title. For starters, he made Christianity into the religion of the state. That’s just one of the many things students can write about.
- Euclid . He was the father of geometry. What did he discover? What were his major works and accomplishments? Students all over the world still apply the principles that this great mathematician once discovered.
- Hammurabi . Much can be said about this Babylonian king. However, the most significant accomplishment of Hammurabi is the Code that he developed.
- Homer . Homer and his works had an immense effect on Western Culture. Nevertheless, we know very little about Homer himself. Some people even believe that Homer did not exist.
By definition, a good historical analysis is to be analytical. It means that it should go beyond simple description and narration. So, strive to do that.
The focus of historical analysis is on interpretation and building connections between events. Plus, it depends on the goals of your research paper. Sometimes you will concentrate on understanding how and why certain things happened. Other times, you will be looking into the way a specific event was recorded. You may even take a more historiographical approach. It all depends on the type of assignment you’ve received.
To be able to produce an excellent historical analysis, follow these steps:
- Read your assignment carefully and understand what you have to do;
- Ask the right questions;
- Collect the sources: both primary and secondary;
- Read them. Examine them. Understand them;
- Build your arguments based on the sources;
- Keep looking for some additional relevant information;
- Strive to be original and creative.
Additionally, make sure you use a proper style. Don’t be afraid to ask your reader rhetorical questions. Bring up citations from various sources and seek opportunities to open up a discussion.
Engage your readers to think. For that, don’t choose an obscure history topic. Stay focused on the issues and historical events that are truly important and influential.
Here are some ancient history topics for historical analysis:
- An impact of Genghis Khan on the ancient world
- How did Mongol rule in Russia differ from the one in China?
- A juxtaposition of the Sumerian and Mayan civilization
- Did the Trojan Horse exist?
- The historical significance of Carthage, and why is it unknown?
We hope you enjoyed this blog post. Do not hesitate to share ancient history topics with your peers. Take this as a learning opportunity, and good luck!
- Research Paper Topics about Ancient and Classical History: Online Research Library Questia
- Ancient History, Celts and Minoans: HISTORY, A&E Television Networks
- Ancient History Topics: Thames & Hudson
- Points About Ancient Greek History: N.S. Gill for ThoughtCo
- Ancient and Medieval History: Infobase
- Ideas about Ancient world: TED Talk, Ideas Worth Spreading
- Writing: Joshua L. Mark for Ancient History Encyclopedia
- A Brief Guide to Writing the History Paper: Harward College Writing Center
- Reading, Writing, and Researching for History: A Guide for College Students by Patrick Rael, Bowdoin College
- Writing about History: Elspeth H. Brown, Department of History, for Writing Advice, University of Toronto
- Useful Links: History Department, Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences, Boston College
💯 Free Ancient History Essay Topic Generator
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2022, September 8). 115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/ancient-history-essay-topics/
IvyPanda. (2022, September 8). 115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/ancient-history-essay-topics/
"115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About." IvyPanda , 8 Sept. 2022, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/ancient-history-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About." September 8, 2022. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/ancient-history-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About." September 8, 2022. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/ancient-history-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . 2022. "115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About." September 8, 2022. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/ancient-history-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2022) '115 Ancient History Topics to Research & Write About'. 8 September.
- World History Topics
- European History Essay Titles
- African American History Essay Ideas
- Canadian History Topics
- US History Topics
- Culture Topics
- Ancient Civilizations Research Topics
- Dynasties Research Topics
- Celtic Civilization Ideas
- Ancient Egypt Questions
- Byzantine Empire Essay Ideas
- Ancient Greece Paper Topics
- Western Civilization Topics
- Aztec Paper Topics
- Roman Empire Ideas
My Homework Done
Expert Writing Services
- How It Works
- Buy homework
- Ace my homework
- Homework writers
- Homework help
- Assignment writing
- Homework Solutions
- Homework Answers
- No Need To Study
- High school
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Word Problem
- Computer Science
- Language arts
Homework is easy with expert tips and advice. And even easier when you have an expert to do it for you.
100 Best Ancient History Topics (Updated for 2022)
Table of Contents
Why choose our ancient history topics, ancient history research paper topics, historical investigation topics ancient history, easy ancient china topics, ancient history debate topics, good ancient history paper topic, prehistoric history topics, ancient history argumentative essay topics, history topics on ancient rome, easy ancient greece research topics, 10,000 bc to 1,500 ad ideas, phd topics in ancient african history, cool ancient history topics, topics for ancient chinese history research paper, interesting ancient history topics, ancient greece topics, easy ancient rome topics, ancient egypt research topics, interesting prehistoric topics.
Are you looking for the ultimate list of ancient history topics? If you are reading our blog, it means that you are. We are thrilled to tell you that our ENL writers have just finished updating our list of 100 ancient history topics for 2022. Of course, you can use any of our topics for free. You can reword them and use them without giving us any credits. And remember, we do our best to update the list as frequently as possible. We want to make sure students have plenty of original, fresh topics to pick from. And we’re not talking just about ancient world history research paper topics.
We have every kind of topic you can imagine, including ancient art history research paper topics. But why would you choose one of our topics? Good question! Here are just some of the reasons why:
- Our ancient history topics to write about are the best around and all of them are original and fresh.
- We have plenty of ancient Rome research topics that will impress your professor. Remember, impressing your professor usually means bonus points.
- This is the page where you will always find freshly updated ancient Greek topics every time you come back.
We know you are anxious to get to the list of ancient history paper topics. So, without further ado, here are our best topics yet – organized in 18 main categories. Take your pick and start writing your awesome essay today!
If you are tasked with writing a research paper, we have the best solution for you right here. Check out our awesome ancient history research paper topics:
- Discuss ancient Greek philosophy
- The ancient Rome police force
- Alexander the Great’s rise to power
- The largest army in ancient history
- The process of voting in ancient Greece
Are you interested in investigative writing? You can earn some bonus points on your paper, so why not pick one of our historical investigation topics ancient history:
- Similarities between ancient Rome and ancient Egypt
- Rome’s gladiatorial games: myths vs reality
- Genghis Khan and his empire
- The first barbarian states
- An in-depth look at the Battle of Issus
There are many topics related to ancient China. However, if you don’t want to spend too much time writing the paper, we have some excellent easy ancient china topics:
- The decline of the Zhou dynasty
- The rise of the Mongol Empire
- Discuss the Ming dynasty
- When did the Han rule disappear?
- Analyze the Changping Battle
- The reforms of Wang Mang
If you want to find a great topic for a debate about ancient history, you should seriously consider choosing one of these original ancient history debate topics:
- The dark ages in Europe and Asia
- Women in the Middle Ages
- Medieval law in Europe
- Discuss the Islamic Empire
- The role of Crusades
- When did Medieval universities first appear?
Finding good topics can be very difficult nowadays, especially because all your classmates are searching for topics online. Pick a good ancient history paper topic right now:
- The best ruler of ancient Rome
- The worst ruler of ancient Egypt
- The social classes of Rome
- The evolution of Christianity in ancient Rome
Are you interested in writing about prehistoric events? This is an excellent choice, since not many of your peers will choose these topics. Pick one of these prehistoric history topics and start writing:
- Discuss prehistoric Britain
- Arabia in prehistoric times
- The Bronze Age in Europe
- Analyze prehistoric Arabia
We know, writing an argumentative essay is not too difficult. However, finding perfect topics can be. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the best ancient history argumentative essay topics:
- Sexuality in ancient Greece
- Discuss the role of Hippocrates in modern medicine
- Hannibal versus Rome
- Julius Caesar: the most influential governor of Rome
- The origins of Greek drama
- Analyze the legend of Helen of Troy
Ancient Rome is a treasure trove of topics for a history essay. But not all of them are worthy of some bonus points. To make sure you get a top grade, use one of these history topics on ancient Rome:
- Analyze Romulus as a leader
- The organization of the Roman army
- Romans struggling to defeat the Germanic tribes
- The Roman aqueducts
- Gods in ancient Rome
- The building of the Coliseum
Writing about ancient Greece shouldn’t pose any problems, as long as you choose the right topics. To save time, simply pick one of these easy ancient Greece research topics:
- Discuss illuminated texts from the Middle Ages
- Discuss the geography of ancient Greece
- How did democracy appear in Athens?
- Discuss the Greek wars against the Persians
- Sparta from a Greek point of view
- Analyze 3 major ancient Greek colonies
- How was the Acropolis built?
Perhaps your professor has limited the timeline for your research to 1,500 AD. No problem, we have just the topics you need. Check out these 10,000 BC to 1,500 AD ideas:
- The rise of the samurai in ancient Japan
- Discuss Taoism in Japan
- The role of the Quran in ancient Islamic states
- Most important discoveries in medieval China
- The development of major cities in Europe
Are you preparing to start working on your PhD? Finding the right topic can prove to be a challenge. Here are some ideas of PhD topics in ancient African history for you:
- Discuss papyrus findings in the Land of Punt
- Carthaginian hegemony in the Mediterranean sea
- Analyze coins and the kingdom of Aksum
- The rise of the Songhai Empire in Africa
If you want to earn some significant bonus points on your paper, you surely want to write about a cool new topic. Take a look at these cool ancient history topics (freshly updated for 2022):
- Jesus and his conflict with ancient Rome
- Compare and contrast Rome’s and Greece’s culture
- Analyze the colonization of America
- Discuss the important traits of Constantine the Great
- Analyze the Persian Wars
- Discuss the Peloponnesian War
Writing a research paper on ancient Chinese history is much more difficult than you think. However, choosing one of these topics for ancient Chinese history research paper will make things easier:
- Analyze the Hakkas
- Medicine in ancient Chinese culture
- Compare and contrast the Mongols and the Manchus
- The Buddhist persecution of the Tang dynasty
- Ancient Chinese writing analyzed
- The size of Chine during the Yuan dynasty
We know you want the most interesting topics for your papers. We also know you want to stand out from your classmates. So, why not choose one of these interesting ancient history topics:
- A quick history of ancient China
- The fall of ancient Egypt
- Discuss the Tears of Re (the god)
- The soldier social class in ancient Rome
There are so many things to write about ancient Greece that we don’t even know where to start. Pick one of our ancient Greece topics and start writing your paper right now:
- Analyze Epirus, the ancient Greek state
- Discuss Koinon as a leader
- The city state of Argos
- The archons of Athens
- Anaximenes the philosopher
- The Minoan civilization age
- The Greek Dark Ages period
Just like ancient Greece, ancient Rome has a lot of interesting events and characters a student can write about. Don’t waste your time and use one of our easy ancient Rome topics:
- The causes of the fall of the Roman Empire
- The lives of the rich and the poor in Rome
- Discuss the Roman’s organizational skills
- Analyze the origins of Rome
- A look at the Early Republic period
- Analyze the military expansion of Rome
- The Late Republic stage and the internal conflicts
You can find plenty of information about ancient Egypt, but not too many original topics that would work in 2022. Here is a brand new list of ancient Egypt research topics:
- The protodynastic period in Egypt
- Discuss the old Egyptian language
- Discuss art in ancient Egypt
- The building of the first pyramid
- Discuss a great Egyptian war
- Cuisine in ancient Egypt
Prehistoric topics never get old, especially since archeologists are uncovering new and exciting things every year. Here are the most interesting prehistoric topics in 2022:
- Discuss the Bronze Age in Europe
- The Stone Age in ancient China
- Technology in the Iron Age
- Discuss the Neolithic revolution
- Animals in prehistoric artists’ depictions
- Artwork in the Middle Paleolithic era
But what can you do if you need even more ancient history topics for research paper? Perhaps you didn’t find the topic you need in our list, even though this is highly unlikely. Well, if you need more topics, we are here to help you. Simply get in touch with My Homework Done and request a new list of ideas. We will create a list of topics for you and just for you, all of them 100% original. We’re the best choice for any student looking for ancient history essay topics!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates https://war.ukraine.ua/
- 180 Top History Research Paper Topics
- 180 Interesting History Research Paper Topics
What Is a History Research Paper?
What to consider, how to choose a relevant topic, cool history research paper topics to write about, ancient history research paper topics, middle ages history research paper topics, world history research paper topics, european history research paper topics, us history research paper topics, american revolution, us civil war, wwi history research paper topics, wwii history research paper topics, 20th and 21st centuries history research paper topics, modern history research paper topics, art history research paper topics, religion and theology, immigration, controversial history topics, other topics on history.
If you are a student, you are lucky to get many papers to write per month. When you attend just one class, it is quite possible to find all the needed material and complete your assignments on time. However, when you get several different professors' tasks, it is rather hard to deal with such a workload without spending long nights with books.
Our experts have carefully picked the best ideas for the History research paper topics for college students. Just check them out. It will help you skip the long-lasting process of googling and organizing information for your assignment. And when you choose the most suitable topic, feel free to contact our expert writers for assistance. They would love to write excellent work once you ask ' write my essay '.
Research paper in History is devoted to analyzing the primary and secondary sources relevant to the historical period or events you will be reviewing. One of the main tasks is to create an argumentative thesis statement for your paper and do in-depth research. Such a job is similar to writing any other research paper . The main difference is that the topic of your choice needs to fall under the History subject.
When it comes to the research paper, you should keep in mind such questions:
- Why does the topic matter?
- How does the topic relate to the period under discussion, compared to its importance today?
- What is the context of the paper?
- Why did the idea used in your paper matter to the people at that time?
To develop a proper historical research question, students should focus on it early in their research process. The best way to choose a History research topic for your paper is to follow such steps:
- Brainstorm for best ideas;
- Read background information;
- Focus on the issues of your interest;
- Create an outline or a keywords list;
- Stay flexible in your research.
Students should also keep in mind that each History research paper topic should meet all the assignment requirements. In case you doubt the chosen topic, you may ask your professor to share some feedback.
Moreover, it is rather hard to do proper research on the historic area that is not exciting. To make your research engaging, you should consider the chosen topic's scope and make sure it is something of your interest .
If you have any problems with papers on History, consider this trending list of good History research paper topics for a college student. We divided the best ideas into sections to ease your search process. Check them out to find an excellent one fitting the best for your subject.
- Voting in Ancient Greece: myths vs. facts
- Ancient protests and demonstrations
- Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome: similarities and differences
- Most potent military in Ancient History
- Ancient Greek philosophy
- Gladiatorial Games in Ancient Rome: entertainment or moral event
- The grounds of civilians' life in Ancient Rome
- Police in Ancient Rome
- Alexander the Great – the most outstanding leader in History
- Power of Ancient Rome compared to Ancient Greece
- Cities' development in Medieval Europe
- Interfaith marriages in the Middle Ages
- Nicholas of Cusa – medieval studies
- The Notion of Revival of the Byzantine State
- Discoveries in medieval Europe
- Intellectuals in the Middle Ages
- The role of the Quran in medieval Europe
- The impact of the Middle Ages on History
- Сommon crimes in the Middle Ages
- The Middle Ages is the period of discovery. Why?
- Fall of the Eastern Empire
- Feudalism decline
- Maritime discoveries
- Great monarchies' rise
- Most potent monarch in the world
- Rise of the Dutch republic
- England under Stuarts
- Progress of civilization
- Great people of the sixteenth century
- The Thirty Years' War
- Kings and Queens in Britain
- European Economic History
- The Islamic Challenge in Europe
- Muslims of Europe
- Political participation of Muslim in Europe
- Seven Years' War
- Early Modern Europe
- Catholic Church and Witch Hunt
- The rise of the Eastern Powers
- Politics in eighteenth-century Europe
- Origins of the Civil War in the USA
- American Exceptionalism
- People in the 17th century of US History
- US election History
- How did the New Deal bring America out of the Depression?
- A concise History of the US navy
- From Hot War to Cold
- Terror trophies of WWI in America
- Schooner Nancy in the War of 1812
- Peculiar US Democracy
- The role of the woman in the American Revolution
- The global impact of the American Revolution
- The Townshend Acts
- American revolutionary war letters
- Federalist Era in the United States
- Daily lives of Americans during the revolution
- American women writers in the American Revolution
- Legacies of the American Revolution
- Issues in colonial newspapers
- Social conflicts during the American Revolution
- African-American Soldiers in the Civil War
- Battle of Gettysburg
- US Civil War and Europe
- Appomattox Campaign
- US Civil War Battles
- Battle of Antietam
- Union Soldiers in the US Civil War
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Battle of Spotsylvania Court House
- Women in the Civil War Era in America
- The human cost in the WWI
- The Treaty of Versailles in the WWI
- WWI: How did America enter the war?
- The Russian Revolution in WWI
- Chemical weapons in World War I
- WWI: The Gallipoli campaign
- Western Front and the Eastern Front in World War I
- Battle at sea and in the air during WWI: Comparison
- WWI: Assassination in Sarajevo
- Entangling Alliances in World War I
- African Americans and World War II
- WWII: Allied occupation of Japan
- Children during the Holocaust
- German Resistance to Hitler in WWII
- Church and the Holocaust
- Japanese - American Internment during WWII
- Victims of the Holocaust during WWII
- Diplomacy during WWII
- WWII in Africa
- American neutrality in World War II
- Significant events of the Cold War
- The declining impact of Europe during the Cold War
- The role of the United Nations in the Cold War
- The Cold War is an era of fear
- Discussion on how to resolve the Cold War
- International order of the Cold War
- The Cold War effect on the popular culture
- Culture during the period of the Cold War
- Major countries involved in the Cold War
- The boundless History of the USA: Events of Cold War
- Civil Rights childhood
- American History of the 20th and 21st centuries
- American Women in the Vietnam War
- Vietnam Veterans in Nixon's America
- Harry Truman and Civil Rights in American History
- Truman's Moral Courage and Political Risks in American History
- A Companion to Franklin Roosevelt
- The Roosevelt administration and the events of the Holocaust
- Ronald Reagan: The Mixed Legacies
- The Making of US Catholic President
- The necessity of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Native Americans vs. Europeans
- Westward Expansion
- Social Movements in America
- Governing the New Nation
- Inventors and Industrialists in the modern world
- The Price of Industrialization to the American nation
- Adjustment of the Great American West
- Industrialization effects on social movements in the USA
- US policies towards immigrants in the 21st century
- Semiotics and art History
- History in Alois Riegl's theory
- Art Studio vs. Art History
- A critical introduction to art History
- Philosophy of art History and religion
- Politics and US art History
- Research and knowledge in art and design
- Influences of Jay Hambidge's ideas on the History of art
- The life of the contemporary artist and author Frank Stella
- Representing freedom with art during the Civil War in the United States
- History, Religion, and Ideology
- Ideology – official religion in America
- Dominant US ideology
- History of American politics and religious interaction
- US religion and ideology from the global perspective
- The impact of religious identity on the voter choices
- Political ideology in American society
- New religion in America
- How to separate politics and religion in America
- History of Identity Politics
Look through ideas from other study fields such as topics for sociology research paper . Just broad your search and you will fins what you are really interested in.
- History of immigration in America
- Immigration before 1965 in the American country
- Immigration policy: historical overview
- Immigration to the USA: History, facts, and trends
- Trends of immigration through the years
- Historical trends of immigration to America
- American immigration debate
- History of the immigrant population in the USA
- US immigration timeline
- History of immigration reforms in the USA
- Causes of the significant waves of immigration from Syria
- Reasons for nationalism's failure in becoming the source of identity in the Arab League
- The fall of Constantinople is considered to be among the saddest moments in the History of humankind.
- Treatment of women in the Soviet zone during WWII
- Native Americans resisted assimilation, true or false?
- Germany after the fall of the Nazis and Hitler
- The Six Days War – an act of aggression or just a preemptive strike
- Spanish Inquisition – the truth about its moral justification
- Freedom of the British press during the 19th century
- Niccolo Machiavelli is the founder of political science, true or false?
- Historical Pragmatics
- Nationalism as a major issue of the 20th century
- Great Depression in the United States
- Significant technological advances and inventions of the 20th century
- Best presidential speeches of the 20th century
- The impact of Balkan wars on the map of Europe
- Holocaust as the worst crime in the History of Europe
- History of Asian Soviet countries
- Abolishment of slavery in the USA: causes and evidence
- Leaders of the Revolution in the United States
- Causes and background of the Rwandan genocide
- The History of the conflict between Palestinians and Israel
- Changes and evolution of Japan over the centuries
- The Iran-Contra scandal: figures and facts
- Causes of Cleopatra's fall in Egypt
- Governmental response to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans
- Rise to power of Adolf Hitler
- The fall of the Roman Empire: How, When, and Why
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination influence the reconstruction of the US nation after the Civil War?
- Effects of British rule in India
Browse good topics for argumentative essays and you may find some fresh ideas. Mix them or create something unique to impress your teacher.
Each academic paper's success depends on the quality of the essay's core idea and the validity of the research. Sometimes it can be hard to define the concept of the History research topic. We hope that this article will help you find valuable tips and food for thought.
Do you have any questions regarding History research papers or the best topics for such assignments? In that case, you can get 24/7 academic assistance at our online platform.
You thought that actual research paper writing is the most difficult stage in writing a research, but got stuck at the very first stage, which is choosing the topic? Do not worry, professional writers at Write My Essay For Me are at your help. We have prepared an article with the most helpful tips o...
A compare and contrast essay is a special type of academic paper. It implies taking two subjects and analyzing them to find possible similarities and differences. At first sight, this assignment does not seem to be of high complexity. Many students still fail these essays. Read this text and you wil...
Selecting a topic for an essay is a challenging task. Those who work on this academic assignment will agree with us that deciding on a theme of their writing is the toughest part. But what can be more difficult than choosing an essay topic? Picking a theme for a persuasive essay is perhaps something...
88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics
🏆 best essay topics on ancient civilizations, 👍 good ancient civilizations research topics & essay examples, 🎓 most interesting ancient civilizations research titles, 💡 simple ancient civilizations essay ideas.
- Comparison: Mesopotamia and Ancient Egyptian Culture The two civilizations were always ahead in terms of inventions, something that made them different from the rest of cultures at the time.
- Religious Beliefs in Egypt and Mesopotamia Polytheism was the most outstanding feature of the ancient religious belief system among the Egyptians. Several deities or gods interacted with Egyptians.
- “Enter the Babylon System: Unpacking Gun Culture from Samuel Colt to 50-Cent” a Book by Rodrigo Bascunan The authors in this book are bended on informing the society on who exactly should be blamed for the escalating gun violence.
- Women in Ancient Greek Society Every discovery or literary work, or sculpture produced in ancient Greece is a work of men’s hands and minds.
- The Persian War and Athenian Progress: Ancient History This paper will analyze the Athenian progress of attaining democracy and economic variations that resulted after the Persian war.
- Women in Ancient Greece In ancient Greece, women performed three main functions – childbearing, fabric weaving, and managing household.
- The History of Indus Valley Civilization Indus Valley civilization was once considered a subsidiary of the Mesopotamian culture; nevertheless, archeological findings proved this conviction a fallacy.
- The Ancient Egyptians Social Lives The two books focus on the social lives of the ancient Egyptians. This paper evaluates the two books from different perspectives.
- Nature of Reality from Ancient Greek Philosophers Views The paper studies ancient philosophers’ views on nature of reality. It compares ideas of Heraclitus, Empedocles, Anaximander, Protagoras, Pythagoras, Anaxagoras, Plato, Aristotle.
- Ancient Greek Sculpture: Periods and Characteristics This paper presents descriptions of archaic, classical, and Hellenistic periods of ancient Greek sculpture with their notable characteristics, examples, and analysis.
- Ancient Egyptian and Ancient Greek’s Comparison The main religious and cultural ideas portrayed by the figures outline a series of differences that represent the history of both nations in the artistic fields.
- Ancient Greek Marble Column from Artemesium The marble column from the Temple of Artemis at Sardis showcases the most recognizable elements of ancient Greece’s architectural forms.
- Philosophy of Education in Ancient Greece How to educate the young most efficiently has been one of the central philosophical issues since the Ancient Greek period.
- The Ancient Greece Architecture Gallery The Ancient Greece Architecture Gallery, which is located at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, presents a piece of art that expressed the main features of Ancient Greek Culture.
- Code of Hammurabi and Justice in Babylon Code of Hammurabi is one of the oldest sets of laws used in the Ancient Babylon. It is believed that Hammurabi created and enacted it.
- The Legacy of Ancient Civilizations Philosophy Ideas that are outlined in the ancient texts contain an actual information, a unique philosophy that should be taken into consideration and discussed.
- Science and Technology in Ancient Civilizations This paper is a consummate discourse on the role of the scientific and technological advancements in the development of the ancient civilizations.
- Ancient Egypt: Head of Colossal Statue of Ramesses II The head of the Colossal Statue of Ramses II is a bust of Pharaoh Ramses II, one of the most successful kings of the ancient Egyptians.
- Hubris in Ancient Greek Tragedies One of the plays representing hubris is Hippolytus, an ancient Greek tragedy written by Euripides and first performed in Athens.
- Magic in Ancient Greece and Rome This paper presents an examination of magic in antiquity specifically in the Greco-Roman era. The paper focuses on this specific era because it represents strong magical elements.
- Ancient Egypt: Its Culture and History Egypt is one of the countries that had a long and remarkable history. This country had an immense influence on the development of western civilization.
- Nature of Reality in Ancient Greek Philosophies Heraclitus believes that reality could be equated with fire. Empedocles holds that true reality is constant. Protagoras believes that man is the measure of everything.
- Ancient Maya Civilization: History and Culture The collapse of the Late Classic Mayan kingdoms is attributed to many factors. But it is wrong to blame the invasion of the Europeans as the major reason for the downfall of the said kingdoms.
- Ancient Greek Tragedies: Agamemnon, Antigone and Bacchae This paper discusses three ancient greek tragedies: the Agamemnon, Antigone and the Bacchae. All three plays have themes that reflect some of the problems we are facing in the world today.
- The Art of the Ancient Mesopotamia and Aegean The art of the ancient Aegean is harmonious, exuberant, and non-threatening, while the art of Mesopotamia often contains more elements that can be seen as fearsome, militant, or political in nature.
- Islamic Empire and Ancient Greek Philosophy Muslims collected works of such philosophers like Aristotle and Plato and translated them to make them understandable for the people of the empire.
- Ancient Greek Tradition and Influence on Modern Art Ancient Greeks can be regarded as one of the groups which have made the most significant contributions to the development of different types of art.
- Ancient Greece in the Modern US: Digital Field Trip One of the most recognizable and evident examples of Ancient Greek influence on the modern cultural patterns is the Capitol building in Washington D.C.
- Humanities from Ancient Greece Ancient Greece started with city-states’ formation, which was the critical political difference between it and other civilizations in the Ancient World.
- Ancient Greek Philosophers’ Impact on Modern Thought In this paper, several examples of Ancient Greek philosopher’s contributions to modernity will be presented including the achievement of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.
- The Impact of Ancient Greek Philosophy on Modern Day Thought A thorough study of modern thought shows that ancient Greek philosophy played a key role in its development, both with regard to people’s lifestyles and the advancement of specific disciplines.
- The Theme of Love in Ancient Egyptian Poetry Different cultures and eras have their own perceptions of love that they eloquently communicated through various creations of literature, including poetry, epos, and philosophical pieces.
- Homicide Perception in Ancient Greece and Rome The essay considers how citizens of Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome perceived homicide and the death penalty from civil, domestic, and political perspectives.
- Ancient Greece at the Met: Marble Column From the Temple of Artemis at Sardis Greek culture is considered to be one of the most influential cultures in the history of humanity. Its impact is particularly evident in architecture.
- Ancient Greece at the Met: Bronze Man and Centaur The culture of Ancient Egypt represents one of the earliest attempts at identifying a man’s place in the grand scheme of the universe and compartmentalizing the phenomena and objects comprising the environment.
- The History of Mummification in Ancient Egypt Mummification is one of the most unusual rituals associated with the afterlife. There are many unique activities related to it that can attract people’s attention and spark the desire to investigate the issue.
- Women Roles During Wartime in Ancient Greece and Rome The very unusual rights that women from Sparta possesses occurred following the reason that women were expected to complete tasks that were especially valuable to men.
- Ancient Greek Colonization and Trade One of the characteristics of the history of many ancient nations is the colonization, i.n. the establishment of new settlements in foreign lands.
- Ancient Maya Civilization’s Authority and Control Ancient Maya civilization takes an important place among Central American topics. The secrets of the Maya epoch cover the aspect of their control system and Maya elite order.
- Ancient Civilizations: Athenian Democracy vs Australian Democracy Athens was one of the very first known democracies. It comprises of the central city-state of Athens and the surrounding territory of Attica.
- Relationship Between Ancient Greek and Roman Architecture It is difficult to define the relationships between ancient Greek and Roman cultures. Analysis help to define that in architecture both of them have similarities and differences.
- “The Gilded Six-Bits” by Hurston and “Babylon Revisited” by Fitzgerald In fact, these two stories are very similar and one can draw parallels between what happened in Joe and Missy’s life and what problems Charley confronted in his.
- Civilization in Mesopotamia During the Bronze Age The Bronze Age refers to a period in history, during which many cultural development occurred. It is noted as the era during which bronze and copper were used extensively to make weapons and other important tools.
- Eruption at Thera and Minoan Civilization’s Downfall There can be an assumption about the fact that the volcanic event could have weakened the Minoans on Crete for assault, but this cannot be confirmed today.
- The Ancient Sumerian History and Legacy This research paper discusses some of the legacies of Civilization among the Sumerian people highlighting how civilization has enriched modern society.
- Hammurabi: The King of Babylonia. Hammurabi brought together the largest society to date for his time. A series of important military conquests that gave control over many territories, groups of people,important natural resources.
- Agriculture the Backbone of Ancient Egypt’s Economy In pre-industrial societies, agriculture was the backbone of most economies. This is true in ancient times and very much evident in ancient Egypt.
- Ancient Greece: Athenian Acomplishments Ancient Greece is considered to be the phenomenon of the development of human civilization. The association that arouses when hearing the word combination “Ancient Greece” is “genius”.
- Babylon: Ancient Mesopotamian Civilization Babylon’s science was very advanced during King Nebuchadnezzar’s time. They already had astronomers amongst themselves.
- Women in the Ancient Maya Civilization According to the book ‘Ancient Maya women’ by Traci Arden that the civilization put much tension on women’s social representation.
- The History of Ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt The two ancient kingdoms, Mesopotamia and Egypt, shared many traits as much as differences. The culture includes; festivals, music, games, family life, burials, and religion.
- Ancient Sexuality: Women and the Ancient Greek Symposium Greek Women played a very minor role in the affairs of Greek Society. The sexual province of women was under threat of usurpation by men in reference to the wide record of homosexuality.
- Development of the Figure in Ancient Greek Art The characteristics and ideals of art that were developed in Ancient Greece continue to play a major part in modern art.
- Effect of Flooding on Cultures in Egypt and Mesopotamia The effects of Tigris and Euphrates river largely impacted on the Mesopotamian culture more so with regard to its frequent and destructive floods.
- Natural Resources in Ancient Egypt This paper will describe Ancient Egypt’s available resources that allowed the population to become one of the most prosperous states in terms of harvest and cattle.
- Mesopotamia: From Sumer to Babylon This paper will provide an overview of the civilization’s development from the Sumerian Empire to the Kingdom of Babylon.
- Ancient Greek and Roman Governments The author states that Ancient Greek and Roman governments differed organizationally but were similar in many other aspects.
- Ancient Rome Civilization Accomplishments The accomplishments of ancient Roman civilization are exceptionally remarkable deserving much attention and praise.
- The Ancient Greek Philosophers: The Heritage in Modernity The ancient philosophy has elaborated almost all basic principles that can be found in the philosophy of modernity.
- Averting Evil, Confirming Power: Babylonian Panel With Striding Lion The striding lion depicted on the Neo-Babylonian glazed brick panel from the 6th century BCE served the dual purpose of warding off perceived evils and confirming royal power.
- Comparison of Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome The paper aims at comparing and contrasting ancient Greece and ancient Rome in terms of the principles of government, art, economy, and religion.
- Multiplication Methods: Traditional, Ancient Egyptian, and Method of the Cups The traditional or long multiplication method is one of the most famous and widely accepted in the world. This method goes back to medieval Italian mathematics.
- Creation Myths of Ancient Greeks and Egyptians The paper aims to compare the creation myths of ancient Greeks and Egyptians as researchers have thoroughly studied both mythic traditions.
- Montesquieu’s Persian Letters as Orientalist Texts “The Persian Letters” is a collection of messages written by Montesquieu to criticize and explain various aspects of life in the 18th century.
- World History: Women in Ancient Greece Ancient Greece is one of the most well-known civilizations in human history. It is famous for its social and political development.
- Ancient Egyptian Question of Race The question of the race of Egyptians arose as a result of an increased interest in anthropology and the racial division of society about two centuries ago.
- Justice in Ancient Greece: The Liberation Bearers The essay will focus on Demosthenes’ speech, The Liberation Bearers, and the tales of the Eumenides to explicate the thesis.
- The Art of Ancient Greece Modern civilization owes much of its development to ancient Greece. This relatively small state has made a significant contribution to the global culture.
- Ancient Egypt and the 21st Century The purpose of this paper is to discuss the paintings and architecture of Ancient Egypt as well as to analyze their influence on the culture of today.
- Political Messaging Based on Fitzgerald’s Babylon Revisited This paper examines political messaging as an efficient way of reflecting and staying connected with the people based on Fitzgerald’s Babylon Revisited.
- Mythology and Ancient Greco-Roman Beliefs Connected This paper aims to identify the connections between mythology and ancient Greco-Roman beliefs through the abilities, features, and lessons learned from hybrid creatures.
- Lady Sennuwy Statue of Ancient Egyptian Culture The statue depicts Lady Sennuwy sitting on a block-like chair, very attractive, attentive, and having her left hand resting on her lap. The statue was found in a tomb at Kerma.
- Merchant’s Perspective of Babylon The paper presents the view of the merchant and representative of the Vaishya varna, who came from Varanasi to Babylon to trade and discover something new.
- The Babylonian Exile of the Israelites as Calvin’s Metaphor The suffering of Jews in Babylonian exile is a clear indication that when Christians sin against God, they will be punished.
- The Concept of Truth in Christianity and Ancient Greece In the essay, the concept of truth will be discussed through the lens of two distinct faith traditions: Ancient Greece and Christianity.
- Importance of Polis in Ancient Greek The significance of Polis resides in the structure of the ancient Greek world because Polis was a structure of community, or territory of the land.
- Ancient Roman Roads and Their Influence on Modern Road Designs The author of the article Ancient Roman roads and their influence on modern road designs is Rowyn Lea. There is no reliable information about this writer.
- Symbolism of Canopic Jars in Ancient Egypt The symbolism of the canopic jars inherent in the images of the gods, their associations with human organs, and their purpose in the afterlife represents a big field for research.
- Navy Development in Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome demonstrated a separate range of factors contributing to the process of acknowledging the necessity of a strong navy.
- Racial Identity of Ancient Egyptians Although the racial identity of ancient Egyptians is debated by scholars, the history and culture of the inhabitants confirm that they were Africans.
- Persian, Roman, Mongol, and Inca Empires In ancient times various political and socio-economic systems of the empires either contributed to their power and success or eventually led to the downfall of the nation.
- Mesopotamia Assyria and the New Egyptian Kingdom The Assyrian Empire was a kingdom in Mesopotamia known as the Levant in today’s Northern Iraq. It existed from 25BC until between 612BC and 609BC after its collapse
- Comparison of the Babylonian, Mongolian, and British Empires A civilization can be defined as a human society that is shaped by technological and cultural development. It is a complex society that is composed of cities.
- Kalokagathia Perspectives in Ancient Greece The concept of kalokagathia was highly important to Ancient Greek society. It went beyond the traditional aspects of beauty and status that are seen in modern-day society.
- Women in Ancient Greece in Euripides’ Play “Medea” For this essay, the focus is on how Medea is treated by the men in Athens, as seen in the Euripides’ play “Medea”, and how her reaction came from the feminist within her.
- Agriculture and Food in Ancient Greece The paper states that agricultural practices and goods from Greece extended to neighboring countries in the Mediterranean as the dominance increased.
- Women in Ancient Greece and India: Statuses, Roles, Life The paper compares men’s and women’s statuses, roles, and lives in ancient Greece. Women were disenfranchised and restricted in their freedom.
- “The Tale of Sinuhe” in Ancient Egyptian Literature In the book “The Tale of Sinuhe”, the author talks about the life path of a character who chose the monarchy as a whole, and not allegiance to an individual monarch.
- Research title checker
- Research question generator
Cite this post
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
StudyCorgi. (2023, January 21). 88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics. Retrieved from https://studycorgi.com/ideas/ancient-civilizations-essay-topics/
StudyCorgi. (2023, January 21). 88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/ancient-civilizations-essay-topics/
"88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics." StudyCorgi , 21 Jan. 2023, studycorgi.com/ideas/ancient-civilizations-essay-topics/.
1. StudyCorgi . "88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics." January 21, 2023. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/ancient-civilizations-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . "88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics." January 21, 2023. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/ancient-civilizations-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . 2023. "88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics." January 21, 2023. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/ancient-civilizations-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . (2023) '88 Ancient Civilizations Essay Topics'. 21 January.
Ancient Studies Paper Topics
Ancient studies can be considered a very broad topic of exploration that can be used to designate various historical periods of human development. While slightly different designations of what constitutes the ancient world are present at different institutions, there is enough general agreement to establish topics that would constitute being affiliated with the ancient world. In this capacity, the University of Chicago (2015) establishes ancient cultures as being periods of different civilizations. For example, in Africa, Mesopotamia, South Asia and the Mediterranean, the institution classified ancient as being pre-Islamic (Chicago, 2015). In East Asia, ancient would mean pre-Song dynasty and in South/Central America, ancient would mean pre-Columbian (Chicago, 2015). Other inclusive ancient studies topics often feature: Greece, Rome, Vikings, paganism, indigenous people, Egypt, Persia and early Abrahamic religions. By its nature, ancient studies encompasses interdisciplinary perspectives that include but are not limited to history, anthropology, archaeology, sociology, art, culture, religion and other lenses of inquiry.
The professional staff at PowerPapers.com understands the context of ancient history and are equipped to examine phenomena from this period within the spectrum of multiple lenses of inquiry. Though broad, PowerPapers.com can help students narrow down a topic that fits either within their respective interests or within the scope of a specific course curriculum. The staff is equally as eager and accommodating for single page discussion replies as they are for complete academic graduate work. Whatever the needs of the student are, PowerPapers.com can assist. For your ancient studies paper topic needs , PowerPapers.com’s staff can be reached by email for questions regarding topics or to begin the process of placing an order through our secure server.
Interesting Ancient Studies Topics for a Research Paper
It is often the intent of ancient studies paper topics to compare two or more ancient cultures or to establish problems or thematic related to one or more ancient cultures in the same or in different historical periods (Chicago, 2015). In addition, examining ancient study topics can come from one or multiple lenses of inquiry. For example, an Ancient studies paper topic could be an archeological analysis of the Great Wall of China, a social analysis of the Great Wall of China or a full contextual analysis of the Great Wall of China and its significance to the Ancient world. The way in which Ancient studies can be framed gives a great deal of flexibility to selecting topics and completing related research on topics in this field of inquiry. As a result, it can be established that the field of ancient studies is sufficiently robust to accommodate a variety of interests and majors. Topic selection should be based on reasonable expectations for the amount of pages covered in a paper and the academic level of the student.
Below is a list of topics that would fall within the spectrum of ancient studies. The staff at PowerPapers.com can create projects exactly within these frames of research or the list can be used by students to inspire their own ancient studies subject idea.
- Sparta: Historical analysis vs. pop cultural depictions
- Ancient Greece and sexuality
- Alexander the Great: Ancient conquerors
- Hannibal and Rome
- Greek drama: Sophocles
- The historical Helen of Troy
- Hippocrates and his influence on modern medicine
- Athens and the development of democratic thought
- The Greek hero and the contemporary definition of heroism
- A historiography of the Peloponnesian War
- Roman military tactics
- Roman architecture and social roles
- Slave revolts in Rome
- Political turmoil and the death of Julius Caesar
- The historical Jesus and conflict with Rome
- Rome and the development of Christianity
- The gnostic gospels
- Divisions of labor in rome (Social classes)
- Constantine the Great
- Emperors of Rome: Establishing the best and worst
- The expansion of Latin: Linguistic analysis
- The cradle of civilization
- Mesopotamia and human evolution
- Hunting and gathering societies of the Americas
- Pastural societies and tribal structures
- The Bronze Age
- Greek mythology
- Eastern Island
- The Aztec and the Maya
- Early African Empires
- The rise and fall of Pompeii
- Atlantis: Fact and fiction
- The role of women in Greece and Rome: Gender studies
- Stonehenge: Analysis and mystery
- Ancient Assyria and regional impacts
- The Persian empire
- Cleopatra: Historical versus Shakespearean depictions
- Vikings and modern exploration
- Ancient art and culture
- The Great Wall of China: Architectural, historical and cultural analysis
- The rise and fall of paganism
- The search for King Tut: Carter’s expedition
- Genghis Khan and the Bubonic Plague
- The seven wonders of the Ancient world
Do you have any additional ideas or would like to further discuss your projects needs, simply email us here .
Click for more great research paper topics listed by discipline .
Ancient Studies (2015). University of Chicago. Retrieved from http://collegecatalog.uchicago.edu/archives/catalog00-01/htm/ancientstudies.shtml
Need Some Help Writing your Paper ?
We offer custom written papers starting at $32 / page. Your will get a completely custom-written paper tailored to your instructions, with zero chance of plagiarism.
Login to Your PowerPapers Account
Signing You In...
Hm, it seems like your browser is out of date. For your security, we will need you to use something a little newer to visit our site; try one of these .
- Custom Argumentative Essays
- Custom Assignments
- Custom College Papers
- Buy Dissertation
- Custom Homework
- Buy Research Papers
- Custom Term Papers
- Custom Courseworks
- Custom Expository Essays
- Custom Plagiarism Check
- How It Works
- Essay Samples
- Essay Topics
- Writing Tips
Great History Research Paper Topics For Students
February 11, 2019
Need to write a research paper about some historical period but dont know how to choose the right one? Check our list of most interesting topics about different periods on world history.
Art History Research Paper Topics
- The combination of old traditions and new ideas in Neoclassicism sculpture.
- What were the main reasons for the Roman artistic style shift in the 4th century?
- The most frequently used symbols in Frida Kahlo’s paintings.
- Compare and contrast the Baroque and Rococo art styles.
- The origin of the traditional Japanese and Chinese costumes and their impacts on culture.
- Compare and contrast the Egyptian and Greek canons of proportions.
- What was the influence of the Industrial Revolution on art development?
- The psychology of colour in Kazimir Malevich’s works.
- What are the peculiar features of Art Deco hotels in French Indochina?
- The literature of the Enlightenment: the main authors.
- Realistic and artificial motifs in Jasper John’s “Flag.”
- The most famous pieces of Mesopotamian art.
US History Research Paper Topics
- The Pirates of the New England Coast
- Land of Hope
- City of Women
- Industrial Revolution
- Abolitionist Movement
- Indians of California
- Legal Policy and Women
- Impact of Unions
- An ideal of the American Dream
- Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War
- Manifest Destiny
- Charles Lindbergh
- Women and PTSD After Vietnam
Ancient History Research Paper Topics
- The culture of the Roman Empire in comparison to ancient Greece
- Constantine the Great
- The colonization of America
- The historical Jesus and conflict with Rome
- The Economy of the Greek Cities
- The trading routes of the Renaissance period
- Emperors of Rome: Establishing the best and worst
- The gnostic gospels
- The Caribbean in the golden age of pirates.
- The most prominent queens of ancient Egypt
- What made ancient Sparta so different from other cities?
- Divisions of labour in Rome (Social classes)
- Money and Its Uses in the Ancient Greek World
- The expansion of Latin: Linguistic analysis
- Rome and the development of Christianity
Bronze Age Research Paper Topics
- China in the Early Bronze Age: Shang Civilization
- The New Chronology of the Bronze Age Settlement
- Bronze Age Economics
- What Makes Civilization? The Ancient Near East and the Future of the West
- Prehistoric Britain
- Letters of the Great Kings of the Ancient Near East
- Arabia and the Arabs
- Stone Tools and Society: Working Stone in Neolithic and Bronze Age Britain
- The Bronze Age
- Jerusalem in Bible and Archaeology
- The Archaeology of Britain
- The Horse and the Sword
Ancient Rome Research Paper Topics
- Julius Caesar: The Colossus of Rome
- Religious Toleration and Persecution in Ancient Rome
- Ancient Rome in the Light of Recent Discoveries
- Rome, the Greek World, and the East
- Roman Imperialism
- Ancient Rome at Work
- Prostitution, Sexuality, and the Law in Ancient Rome
- Marriage, Divorce, and Children in Ancient Rome
- A Critical History of Early Rome
- Rome: Empire of the Eagles
- Ancient Tyranny
- Human Rights in Ancient Rome
- The State of Speech
Ancient Egypt Research Paper Topics
- A History of Ancient Egypt
- The Geography of the Mediterranean Region
- Tausret: Forgotten Queen and Pharaoh of Egypt
- Soldier and Society in Roman Egypt
- Ancient Egyptian Tombs
- Egyptian Religion
- Who's Who in Ancient Egypt
- Egypt: A Short History
- The Twilight of Ancient Egypt
- The Tears of Re
- Ancient History from Coins
- Egypt's Legacy
- Reading Papyri, Writing Ancient History
Japan History Research Paper Topics
- An Introduction to the History of Japan
- Women in Japanese Religions
- Samurai, Warfare and the State in Early Medieval Japan
- Shinto, a Short History
- The Character of Kingship
- Buddhist Hagiographies in Early Japan
- Taoism: The Enduring Tradition
- From Sovereign to Symbol
- Hired Swords
- The Power of Denial: Buddhism, Purity, and Gender
- The Teleology of the Modern Nation-State
- The Mikado's Empire
- Empires of the Silk Road
- Japan at War
You can choose your own topic, but if you need a research paper writing service – ask for help on this site and forget about your problems with any kind of papers.
Sociology Research Topics For Students
Importance of Computer in Nursing Practice
The expository essay differs from other types of texts in that it requires expressing your point of view on a...
Assignments are part of college work students cannot escape. Students should learn how to write essays as they are part...
The role of nurses is to provide quality healthcare to patients and their families. To write a good essay on...
I want to feel as happy, as your customers do, so I'd better order now
- How It Works
- Write my homework
- Sociology assignments
- Excel homework
- Online exam help
- Take my online class
- Online test help
- Java homework
- Hire a nerd
- Python homework
- Science homework
- C++ homework
- Case study assignment
- Matlab homework
- Math assignments
- Algebra homework
- Geometry homework
- Chemistry assignments
- Physics assignments
- Statistics homework
- Programming Assignment
- Linguistics assignments
- History assignments
- Economics assignments
- Accounting homework
- Computer science assignments
- English assignments
- Finance assignments
- Homework answers
- Biology assignments
- Homework tips
- Buy assignment
- Do my homework for money
- Solve my homework
- Assignment writer
- College homework help
- Academic subjects
- Nursing assignment
- Psychology homework
- Literature assignment
- Trigonometry homework
- Marketing assignment
- Engineering assignment
- Business homework
- Calculus homework
- Law assignment
- Assignment writing service
- Discussion board post
- Best homework help websites
History Topics That Capture Your Audience’s Attention
We got you sorted at an affordable cost; just by clicking and accepting to journey with me through, you will be able to sample and choose according to your preference history topics.
Table of Contents
How to write a historical research paper, historical investigation topics, united states history research paper topics, history extended essay topics, ancient history topics, interesting history topics, history argumentative essay topics, historical argument topics, history research paper topics for college students, world history research topics, world history project ideas, u.s. history topics, american history thesis topic, historical research topics, interesting historical events to write about, historical questions examples.
There are guidelines to writing and engaging in historical research topics to ensure that they are relevant and capture the reader’s attention. The following are the significant guidelines on how to write a historical research paper.
It is important to use primary sources in your history research. It enables one to experience and sees the history through the eyes of direct participants. It may include sources like speeches made, letters and diaries. It is critical to note that the primary resources are not entirely written or documented material; furnishing, clothes, buildings also can be used. Unlike other subject topics, history demands that the citation be carefully done. The most appropriate way for quotation is the Chicago style to ensure the flexibility of the full footnote. Secondary sources are read to interpret history from another scholars’ perspective and be carefully selected for a research paper. History mainly attracts storytelling of past events over the actual analysis. Therefore, one must be able to identify between scholarly and non-scholarly secondary sources for their research. While writing a history research topic, it is essential to use an active voice that focuses on the doer of the action and adds vigor and clarity to a statement. The beginning of the research paper should be substantial and give the reader or your lecturer the main idea of the research. Have a clear thesis; this includes the objective answering of a research question. Your research paper should be definite; that is, you should be fully aware of the problem you plan on answering and the objective you intend on the meeting. Most historians, when they embark on research, ever end up with a summary. It is merely enough to have the best-rated research paper. You must remember to analyze, determine who, when, where, how; this shows your lecturer that you are informed and focus on facts. In writing a research paper, you do require to use evidence to back up your ideas. You should critically choose these pieces of evidence to avoid bias. It will mainly apply to the primary sources as the scholars might only share one side of the events from their points of view and their allegiance. Your research paper should contain explicit content to avoid empty generalization. It will prove to your lecturer that you have spent time understanding and learning about your material. History is all about events, the time they happened, the main actors and the victims, and the consequences that were experienced as a result. Suppose you have doubts about these characters, research because an error in any of these may indicate a separate event. The chronological dating should be exact. The diction used should be relevant and relatable to your audience. If the research paper is presented to a professional, then the language should be to their level. If the research topic is for mass reading and publishing, then the information should be presented quickly to understand and elaborate. History is a record of past occurrences, and thus, entitled to be judged using their time standards. Condemning them and making conclusions using the current time standards may cause fault and error in your research unless you are required to. The conclusion is one primary marker to show the reader that you have detailed information on your research. It should not be a repetition of what is in the body of the study. It should explain and emphasize the importance and significance of what you have written by answering the research question.
In a situation where the researcher follows these guidelines for their history research paper, there is a guarantee of high grades and even recommendations from their lecturers and professionals who will access their research online.
With these guidelines to help with research paper, let us now journey through time and find history topics to write about. Are you ready?
- Triangle Shirtwaist factory as an example of social injustice.
- Ethnic cleansing versus genocide.
- The actual state of democracy in third-world countries.
- The real conflict reason between the Hutu and the Tutsi of Rwanda.
- The history behind the Halloween tradition.
- Is the Great Wall of China just a landmark? What is the history behind its construction?
- North Korea and its culture.
- The gay culture and their rights.
- The place of art in history.
- The main actors behind the holocaust.
- First ladies in America and their contributions during their time.
- The United States of America under a black president.
- The foundation of the United States constitution.
- Sherman’s March to the Sea in ending the Civil War.
- Black history movements and the principal proprietors.
- Analysis of the Patriot Act.
- The authorization of the Selective Service Act of 1917.
- What are the origins of the Civil War in the U.S.A.?
- The extents of American Exceptionalism.
- Gender equality during colonial times in the U.S.A.
- How did Christianity shape the art of Western Civilization?
- Discuss the dominance of Western countries in the world.
- Discuss the use of biological weapons in warfare.
- Describe the utilization of the sun’s reflection in action.
- Elaborate on the effect of global climate change on industrialization.
- Discuss the history of Chemistry during the Age of Enlightenment in Europe.
- Identify the human settlements according to archeological sources.
- Discuss the evolution of the treatment for the various mental disorders.
- Examine the non-standards means of warfare by Imperial Japan in the late period of World War II.
- Discuss the history of capitalism in the Caribbean.
- Critically analyze the principles of medieval economics.
- Discuss the history of physics.
- Describe following the US Civil War the development of black rights.
- Explore the historical roots of malnutrition in Africa and its effect on their societies.
- Discuss and analyze Victorian literature and the culture by Carolyn Williams.
- The native inhabitants of the U.S.
- Understanding the languages in Ancient Rome
- Greek Methodology and its religious and social function.
- Political philosophies of Aristotle.
- The Ancient Greek Architecture.
- Discuss Plato’s Allegory of the Cave.
- The Olympic Games origin and history.
- The significance and impact of Agamemnon as a leader of Greece.
- The Trojan War.
- The influence of the Epicurean philosophy on the Romans.
- Which one was the most powerful military in Ancient History?
- Discuss the power of Ancient Rome compared to Ancient Greece.
- Identify the differences and similarities among Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, and Ancient Egypt.
- Discuss the ancient protests and demonstrations.
- Compare the myths and facts on voting in Ancient Greece.
- The mummification process in Egyptian culture.
- The construction techniques of the Egyptian pyramids.
- The Ancient Greek Drama.
- The Forbidden City and its purpose.
- The birth and death of the Sumer Language.
- Alexander the Great, descendant of God.
- Life and death belief system among the Egyptians.
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon the Great.
- The history of the unknown Carthage.
- The Greek Alphabet.
- How did the murder of Abraham Lincoln affect the reconstruction of the U.S.?
- Discuss the Making of U.C. Catholic President.
- Discuss the history of the immigration population in the U.S.A.
- The Cold War, an era of fear. Discuss.
- The Kings and Queens in Britain.
- The effect of the slavery legacy on modern African-Americans.
- Identify the impact of the liberation of women in their lives.
- What are the effects of British rule in India?
- The actual evolution of mathematics.
- The fall of the Roman Empire.
- Religion the cause of war
- Is the death penalty effective?
- The reason behind Kenya’s intervention in Somalia.
- Is democracy fully actualized?
- The final phase of the evolution of man.
- Who is the founder of political science? Nicolo Machiavelli?
- What was the actual moral justification of the Spanish Inquisition?
- Was the Six Days War an act of aggression or a preemptive strike?
- Did the Native Americans resist assimilation?
- What are the reasons for nationalism’s failure in becoming the original identity source in the Arab League?
- Determine if the Federal Reserve had a significant impact on the Great Depression.
- Explore the impact of slavery on the American economy.
- Analyze the Constitution’s Second Amendment.
- Determine the 20th-century fashion style.
- Discuss the conclusion of Britain’s rule in India’s effects.
- Discuss the character of “great” or “terrible” for Napoleon.
- For the trajectory of humanity, was the Roman Empire ultimately good or bad?
- What was the primary foundation of Western culture?
- What extent of regulation is necessary for capitalism to work?
- Was the involvement of the U.S. in World War I necessary or beneficial?
- What are the significant technological advances and inventions of the 20th century?
- The role of women in prehistoric Britain.
- Discuss the Homestead Act.
- Identify the impact of Apartheid.
- What were the roles of women in World War II?
- Discuss the Abolitionist Movement.
- Who are the Black History Legends and their cultural traits?
- What were the Cold War aftershocks?
- The formation of a nation-state.
- The Treaty of Versailles in the WWI.
- Discuss the history of Asian Soviet countries.
- Identify the leaders of the Revolution in the U.S.
- Discuss the abolishment of slavery in the U.S.A. with evidence.
- Which ones are the best presidential speeches of the 20th century?
- Discuss Historical Pragmatics.
- What is the evolving role of NATO?
- Discuss the decline of feudalism.
- Identify the progress of civilization.
- Discuss the formation of the world government system.
- What was the role of the church in medieval Europe?
- The security intervention in D.R.C. by the United Nations.
- Discuss the great people of the sixteenth century.
- What led to the fall of the Eastern Empire?
- What were the Links between World War I and World War II?
- What was the contribution of Gandhi to world peace?
- Identify the maritime discoveries.
- Which is the most powerful monarch in the world?
- Discuss England under Stuarts.
- Determine the human cost in World War I.
- Discuss the rise of the great monarchies.
- The cave paintings.
- Neolithic Age.
- The Persian Empire.
- The Nubian Kingdom.
- The Egyptian mummification.
- The beginning of Agriculture.
- Trade-in Roman Empire.
- The life of Martin Luther King.
- Greek Astronomy.
- The Sumo wrestling culture in Japan.
- The Muslim world.
- The life of Jesus.
- The spread of Christianity in the world.
- The farm tools were used through the ages.
- Discuss the proponents of the cold war.
- Elaborate on the Civil Rights Movement.
- The Stock market Crash of 1929.
- The Enlightenment era, religion, and science.
- The U.S. entry into World War II.
- American Revolution and its impact.
- The 1990-1991 Gulf War.
- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- The Thirty Years War.
- Women s suffrage.
- Discuss the Peculiar U.S. Democracy.
- Give a concise history of the U.S. navy.
- Discuss the transition from Hot War to Cold War.
- Identify and discuss the significant dominant U.S. ideology.
- What is the global perspective on the U.S. religion and ideology?
- Discuss the history of the U.S. elections.
- What are the terror trophies of World War I in America?
- Identify the entangling Alliances in World War I.
- Determine the extent of the British Press Freedom during the 19th century.
- Discuss Adolf Hitler and his rise to power.
- The Gallipoli campaign during World War I.
- How were women treated during World War II in the Soviet zone?
- Describe Nicholas of Casa-medieval studies.
- Discuss the rise of the Dutch republic.
- What are the causes of the significant immigration waves from Syria?
- The role of Harriet Tubman in the Underground Railroad.
- Discuss the achievement of Manifest Destiny.
- Define the Oklahoma Land Rush of the 1890’s effects on the white settlers and Native Americans.
- Discuss the role of Fredrick Douglas in the struggle for African American Rights.
- Identify the contributions of John Muir to the National Park Movement.
- What was the impact of the medieval Ages of History?
- Discuss the fall of the Roman Empire.
- What was the government’s response to the Katrina hurricane?
- The state of Germany after the fall of Nazis and Hitler.
- What were the events that contributed to the start of the Hundred Year War?
- Discuss the effects of the Balkan wars on the map of Europe.
- Is nationalism a significant issue of the 20th century?
- What were the duties of police in Ancient Rome?
- Identify the discoveries that were made in medieval Europe.
- Discuss the Turkish capture of Constantinople.
- The chemical weapons in World War I.
- The impact of World War II in Africa.
- Outline the historical overview of the immigration policy in the U.S.
- Discuss the Westward Expansion.
- What was the role of the Quran in medieval Europe?
- The Black Death Plague in England in 1934.
- The reign of Queen Victoria.
- King Harold’s defeat at the battle of Hastings by William the conqueror 1066.
- The 1215 sealing of ‘Great Charter,’ Magna Carta.
- The war between the houses of York and Lancaster, Wars of the Roses-1455.
- The influential Martin Luther King.
- The Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings.
- The 2000 American red and blue state divide.
- The Nuremberg trials and their proceedings.
- The Great China Revolution and Chairman Mao.
- The Decolonization of Africa.
- The Pearl Harbor invasion and its after-effects.
- The reforms and policies in America under an African-American president.
- The 1812 war.
- The life of Leonardo Da Vinci.
These may include topics that are relevant to the question and will provide thesis help. They may consist of world history research paper topics: research paper topics history.
- Who were the main actors in Kenya’s 2007 General Election Violence?
- Why did the Soviet Union lose the Cold War?
- What were the benefits of using new technology in World War I?
- How was music used in Ancient Egypt?
- Identify the reason the U.S.A. come out as a superpower after World War II.
- Determine the substantial value of the Allies’ aid of “Land Lease” to the USSR in World War II
History is one rich subject with a lot of details to unfold in every event. Therefore there are multiple exciting topics in history. With all these examples, it is easy to land on an interesting one for your own.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Complete List of 160+ Exciting History Research Paper Topics
Updated 01 Feb 2023
Most college and university students across the United States find history assignments way too challenging or even uninteresting. It happens because one has to brainstorm diverse subjects and look through countless lengthy books. Yet, what many fail to consider is finding good history research paper topics that would be both interesting and unique. When correctly chosen assignment topic inspires its author, it automatically becomes interesting for target audience, increasing chances of assignment to receive better grades.
From Economics and Political Science to History & Anthropology, good research paper should include verified sources and correct information. Turning to professional writers at EduBirdie, every student will easily find excellent history research topics ideas and receive all kinds of professional writing help.
Which Research Topic is Considered Good
Defining good history research topic may be challenging when approached without prior outline and topic analysis by novice college students. It makes sense when working with large history projects that involve discussion and arguments. Once applicable topic is found, it should include strong thesis statement or an argument that reveals author’s intention and main idea. Remember that you can always use our thesis statement generator for research paper or turn directly to one of our writing experts when unsure about what kind of an argument should be made in relation to chosen subject.
With an endless amount of diverse topics existing, good idea search should start with the following:
- Topic is relevant, has clear statement
- Vague arguments are avoided, thus allowing author to focus on specific event or issues
- Prior literature along with facts are checked and supported by sources
- Chronology is included if historic events are mentioned
- Outline with thesis statement & structure
- One idea - one paragraph rule helps define key ideas, connecting them to thesis statement
In most cases, when working on a research paper you are required to choose a particular writing style. It might be either reflective, analytical, argumentative or comparative one. It is essential, as most college professors want to see your personal input in the work. Try consulting our cheap research papers writers in case you encounter difficulties when choosing your own style.
Choosing Relevant Topic for Research Writing
Unless student is already presented with certain history research paper topics, he or she is left with almost no time until deadline and challenges of narrowing down grand ideas to what fits within word count and research paper rules. This is where choosing relevant bits of information makes it crucial before outline is composed. Since majority of good research assignments include 3-5 body paragraphs, start by checking whether you may find at least 5 key ideas to write about when looking through existing ideas. An example, when writing about Pearl Harbor, key rule is to outline thesis statement, proceed with arguments or assumptions that constitute body paragraphs.
Most difficult, yet still important part is narrowing down vague ideas to ensure that information presented is not scattered all overwritten assignment. In order to avoid trouble, always divide topics into several sections. When choosing Ancient Egypt, it is most likely that task is to write about something specific. Good paper will always make it clear in Introduction, but even then, one should use topic sentences that help reader to be aware of main ideas. Need help with research paper ? We will get you through it.
For example, if it is immortality paradigm, paragraph should start with a sentence like “Immortality in Ancient Egypt played not only religious role, but also controlled social status of each ruler…”
This way, audience knows that author focuses on symbolic significance and importance of chosen idea. Later on, one may use “Immortality & Religion” or “Immortality in Social Relationships” to specify areas of research. This way paper remains structure, also has logical transition between paragraphs.
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive a paper sample on history crafted to your needs.
Unique History Research Topics Tips
If you want hard work pay off with success and good grades, make sure that you do not limit yourself to what is most popular and easy. Do your best to choose something unique, an inspiring topic that you can relate to because if you do not feel motivated, your audience will feel the same way, too. It is no secret that history work may be time-consuming and impossible to complete with chronology and key figures involved, yet these simple tips will help you make it fun.
Brainstorm existing research topics. What it means is that you should look through at least twenty different topics, then take some rest and come back to it again to see what inspires you the most. Likewise, if you have some ideas or need unique U.S. history research paper topics, send a message to our writing experts and we will do our best to expand on it.
Do prior research of chosen subject. Once settling on good ideas, always continue with searching to make sure that you can find enough information and sources to support crucial facts and ideas. Remember that correct citation helps to avoid plagiarism.
Work out several thesis statements in advance. Since this is what will make the heart of any written assignment, come up with different variations of thesis as it will be easier to adjust it later when you have body paragraphs ready.
Find reliable sources. As you have list of sources ready, ensure that they come from reliable resources or checked by your college professor, if required. Likewise, accurate formatting style is essential for good grades.
Start with outline . Such approach allows keeping information logically, also structured. In most cases, it should include Introduction with Thesis Statement, 3-5 Body Paragraphs, one of which is counter argument or opposite opinion, finish with Conclusion.
100 History Research Paper Topics
For your convenience, topics are sorted by relevant categories. Remember that you’ll receive professional research papers writing help from EduBirdie that will cover any chosen subject or complexity level. From APUSH research paper topics to important figures in U.S. battles campaigns, let experts work and meet even most urgent deadlines!
- Symbolism in Ancient Egypt
- From Assyria to Byzantium: Study of Power in Empires
- Women Role in Prehistoric Britain
- Responsibilities Distribution in Iron Age
- Sumerian Culture and Traditions
- Near Eastern Civilizations Analysis
- Water Sources Value for Central Anatolia
- Religion and Prophets
- Palestine History
- Death and Immortality in Ancient Egypt
Essay Examples Relevant to Ancient History
- Ancient Egypt
- Byzantine Empire
Julius Caesar Topics Ideas
- How Julius Caesar Inspired Loyalty Among His Soldiers
- The Military Genius Of Julius Caesar – Innovative Tactics And Strategies
- The Dictatorship Under Julius Caesar
- Marcus Junius Brutus And His Role In The Assassination Of Julius Caesar
- Julian Calendar As A Major Social Reform
- The Rise And Fall Of Julius Caesar
- The Political Alliance Of Caesar And Cleopatra
- Julius Caesar And His Role In Building The Roman Republic
- The First Triumvirate – Gaius Julius Caesar, Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus And Marcus Licinius Crassus
- Lessons Learned From Julius Caesar’s Memoirs
Save your time with free essay samples on Julius Caesar
Middle ages research topics.
- The Role Of Religion In Everyday Life During The Middle Ages
- Asia During The Middle Ages
- Witch Trials In The Middle Ages – Prosecution Of The Powerless
- Scientific Advancements In The Dark Ages
- Developments Of Weapons And Armor In The Middle Ages
- The Crusades – Cruel Pilgrimage Or A Rightful Holy War?
- The House Of Medici And Its Powerful Role Towards The End Of The Middle Ages
- How The Invention Of Gunpowder Changed The Art Of War In The Middle Ages
- Rise Of Urbanization In Medieval Europe – Cause And Effect
- Chivalry In The Middle Ages
Save your time with free essay samples on Middle Ages
- Evolving Role of NATO for World Community
- Globalization Negative Role
- U.S. Involvement in Afghanistan
- Patriot Act Analysis
- From Ground Zero: Rebuilding United States
- Great Recession
- Social Inequality Reasons
- Chernobyl Explosion
- Reasons for Syrian Conflict
- Cultural Changes in Modern World
Essay Examples Relevant to Modern History
- Patriot Act
- Social Inequality
U.S. Civil War
- Abraham Lincoln's Assassination
- What Lies Behind Alabama Claims
- History Before 1877: Cause & Effect
- Atlanta Campaign Key Figures
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- Civil War and Its Legacy
- Confederate Monuments in the United States
- Homestead Act
- Civil War Facts and Controversies
- Mary Chestnut Personality
Save your time with free essay samples on U.S. Civil War
World history research paper topics.
- Mexican-American War
- Religion and Crusades
- Causes of Thirty Years War
- Use of Weapons in Ancient Civilizations
- Bridal Ceremonies in Ancient Rome
- Apartheid Impact
- South America Colonization
- Social Relationships in Medieval Europe
- Cold War Aftershocks
- Britain and Spain in Battle of the Seas
Essay Examples Relevant to World History
- Medieval Europe
- Military Innovations Between World War I and World War II
- Europe Nationalistic Trends
- Gender bias in England of 17th century
- Empiricism Rise in Europe
- Catholic Church and Witch Hunts
- Western Theories Propaganda
- French Revolution: Force Distribution
- Women Civil Rights in 18th century France
- Mid-Tudor Crises Analysis
- 19th century Europe Literacy
Salem Witch Trials Research Paper Topics
- Religious And Social Causes Of The Salem Witch Trials
- Smothering Women’s Independence Under The Guise Of The Salem Witch Trials
- The Most Renowned “witches” Of The Salem Witch Trials
- Male Victims Of The Salem Witch Trials
- John Proctor As The First Male Witch
- The Puritan Views Of Women And Their Original Sin
- Tituba’s Trial And Ultimate Confession To Witchcraft
- Hawthorne’s "Young Goodman Brown" – An Analysis Of The Puritan Mindset During The Salem Witch Trials
- Beyond Salem – Witch Hunts Around The World
- The Consequences Of The Salem Witch Trials
Save your time with free essay samples on Salem Witch Trials
French revolution topics.
- The First Phase Of The French Revolution And Le Chapelier Law
- Reveillon Factory And The Start Of The French Revolution
- Louis XVI, The Palace Of Versailles, And The French Revolution
- The Three Estates Of The Realm During The French Revolution
- Political, Economic, And Social Position Of Women Before And After The French Revolution
- The Rise Of Napoleon Bonaparte During The French Revolution
- The Role Of Emmanuel Joseph Sieyès In The French Revolution
- Assessment Of The Champs De Mars Massacre
- The Impact Of Declaration Of The Rights Of The Man And Of The Citizen
- Life And Death Of Louis XVI
Save your time with free essay samples on French Revolution
Great depression research topics.
- The Main Causes Of The Great Depression
- What Did The Great Depression Affected The Most
- Herbert Hoover And His Role In The Great Depression
- Assessment Of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal
- The Great Depression Of The 30s Vs. The Great Recession Of The Aughts
- The Great Depression And Its Impact On International Relations
- The Effects Of The Great Depression On The Average US Household
- The Disproportionate Impact Of The Great Depression On Minorities
- Women In The Workforce During The Great Depression
- Family Life In The Midst Of The Great Depression
Essay Examples Relevant to Great Depression
- Great Depression
- Women in The Workforce
World War II
- American Reaction on Holocaust
- Role of Women in World War II
- Arnhem Battle
- Attu battle
- Strategy in Battle of Kursk
- Japanese Americans in WWII
- Pearl Harbor Legacy
- Economic Cause in Second World War
- Civilians Role in Strategic Battles
- Anne Frank's Diary
Essay Examples Relevant to World War II
- Pearl Harbor
African American History Research Paper Topics
- 14th Amendment
- Abolitionist Movement
- Angela Davis
- Black Codes
- Black History Month Origin
- African American Women in Art and Literature
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Dr. Martin Luther King
- Black History Legends and Cultural Traits
Essay Examples Relevant to African American History
- African American History
- American Constitution
- Black Power Movement
- Martin Luther King
- African American
United States History
- Declaration of Independence 1776
- Events That Lead To The Creation Of The Declaration Of Independence
- The Declaration Of Independence And Its Persisting Impact On The Modern USA
- “All Men Are Created Equal” – Equality Issues Not Addressed In The Declaration Of Independence
- John Adams And His Movement Towards Independence
- The Role Of The Founding Fathers In Shaping Early American Culture
- United States and Slavery
- Emancipation Proclamation of 1863
- Civil War Causes
- Interwar Period Analysis
- Native American Cultural Impact
- Ethics and Vietnam War
- Industrialization Effects on American Social Movements
- American South Religious Practices
- Revolutionary War Personalities
Essay Examples Relevant to United States History
- History of the United States
- Native American
American Revolution Battles & Key Events
- Bunker Hill Battle
- Camden Battle
- Alexander Hamilton's Role
- Long Island Battle
- Saratoga Battle
- Boston Tea Party
- Charles Cornwallis
- Benedict Arnold
- Trenton and Princeton Battles
- Townshend Acts Analysis
Save your time with free essay samples on American Revolution Battles & Key Events
Industrial revolution paper topics.
- How The Industrial Revolution Impacted The Environment
- Why Was The Invention Of The Cotton Gin Critical For The Industrial Revolution
- The Production Of Iron Before And After The Industrial Revolution
- The Positive And Negative Impacts Of The Industrial Revolution On The Working Class
- Industrial Revolution In The US Vs. Industrial Revolution In Europe
- Child Labor During The Industrial Revolution
- A Glimpse Into The Working Conditions In Factories During The Industrial Revolution
- The Influence Of The Industrial Revolution On Public Education
- Immigration And Industrialization – The Changing Face Of The USA
- The Effects Of The Industrial Revolution On Agricultural Sectors
Essay Examples Relevant to Industrial Revolution
- Industrial Revolution
- Child Labour
20th Century History Topics
- Reasons Behind Dictatorship
- Economic Depression Causes
- Nuclear Age Cause and Effect
- Russian Revolution and Labor Class
- Organized Crime in American Society (1920s)
- Veterans Day History
- McKinley Role for American Imperialism
- Chicano Movement Impact
- Democratic Movements Uprising
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Events
Essay Examples Relevant to 20th Century History
- Nuclear Age
- Organized Crime
Of course, these are far not all existing topics, there are many more. Get in touch with our professional essay writing or ideas help, you’ll receive more history research paper topics for college students adjusted in accordance with your personal preferences.
Professional & Reliable Research Assistance Made Affordable
We all have been through times when college professors decreased grades for wrong use of chronology or sources that are not academic for otherwise excellent work. It may even be worse when incorrect citation or extra spaces simply ruined all your efforts, which transformed history research into nightmare. An only solution is turning to experts that can help you ensure that final work is flawless. With years of experience in the market, EduBirdie prides itself as affordable and reliable online paper writing services that provide 100% plagiarism-free assignments as all the papers for college is written from scratch.
Choosing writer by subject, credentials, user reviews, works completed, you always remain in direct contact via private chat, which makes it easy to make adjustments if necessary. Each assignment also includes professional formatting, grammar, punctuation, structure check, which completely eliminates proofreading problems. With affordable prices, experienced writers, and 24/7 online support, you do not have to risk your academic future as we will help you nail down even most complex tasks.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, 100 original political science research topics.
Political Science research papers can easily become overly complex and weak if there are too many ideas scattered across assignment. In order to re...
Explore Our Top Cultural Research Paper Topics
Culture is a broad term that covers an endless number of possibilities for crafting research topics. You can view it as a global aspect and write a...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
444 Interesting History Research Topics You Might Consider
Table of Contents
What are History Research Topics?
Just like any other college student of the United States, perhaps, you might also find history assignments tough and challenging. Possibly, constant brainstorming of extensive subjects and exploring lengthy books might add to the reason of making the subject uninteresting. Also, unique and interesting history research topics might give another important reason for students to fail writing history research assignments. However, if the students choose their topics correctly, then the history research topics selected might influence its author automatically.
Furthermore, the topic will appear interesting for the target audience, and the chance of scoring good marks might also increase when students get online research or history dissertation help . Besides, your history research paper might explore both primary and secondary sources of a particular period. Subsequently, your key task might involve an argumentative thesis statement development for your paper and research comprehensively.
How to Use History Research Topics?
Specifically, you might face challenges in choosing your research path as you might want to highlight your research skills and knowledge.
- Firstly, a subject might interest you because the readers will enjoy responding to the writer’s feelings.
- Secondly, you might also want to choose a narrow topic, for instant, it’s not advisable to select Ancient Rome in general. Instead, you might choose an emperor from that period and discuss its educational, economic, and religious aspects.
- Thirdly, you might hold a comparison between the social and political systems of various countries. Also, you might consider describing a battle precisely and concisely.
How to Write History Research Topics?
Accordingly, you might want to ensure that you have an access to authentic sources for writing your paper . Also, to evaluate your source’s effectiveness, you might even consult your professor to prevent any major mistakes in your paper. Besides, your professor might create a literature list or offer assistance for modifying your paper. Furthermore, a library is another good informational source, however, if you choose the internet, ensure your source is trustworthy. Alternatively, if you choose movies or books, it might not serve as a good source, because it is mostly fictitious.
We also provide speedy Ireland assignment help service to the students who have a shortage of time in submitting their assignments. Our assignment experts ensure that the students achieve the best grade.
List Of History Research Topics
Simple history research topics.
- Life of the peasants in Medieval Europe.
- Western world and the social stratification.
- World War I and World War II- A comparative analysis.
- The Byzantine Empire Development.
- Japan and China- Recent historical developments.
- Jamaican history and violent events.
- South Africa apartheid.
- Significant events- Ottoman Empire.
- Impact of nuclear weapons on the world military clashes.
- Japanese history and the role of Shogun.
- Women’s Rights Movement- Key achievements in the past century.
- Lessons from the World Wars- Review.
- Ancient conquests and their impact on modern world map development.
- Common impacts of Roman, Egyptian, and Greek cultures.
- Salem Witch Trials.
Basic History Research Topics
- Pearl Harbor.
- Women’s suffrage revolution.
- Abolitionist movement.
- American Indian Movement.
- History of Mughal Empire
- The Rise and Fall of Mongol Empire
- American Civil War
- The French Revolution (1789 – 1799)
- The Russian Revolution (1917)
- The Haitian Revolution (1791 – 1804)
- Sumerian Culture and Traditions.
- Intellectuals in the Middle Ages
- The Middle Ages is the period of discovery. Why?
- How did the New Deal bring America out of the Depression?
- Religion in Ancient Greece.
World History Research Topics
- Causes of the American Revolution.
- American Neutrality in World War Ⅰ
- Effects of the Allies’ Occupation of Germany.
- Ronald Reagan and the End of the Cold War.
- Political, Economic, and Social Causes of the French Revolution.
- European colonization and its impact on the Native Americans.
- Mexican war- Causes and consequences.
- Earthquake and fire- San Francisco.
- The westward expansion of transcontinental railroads.
- Settlement house movement.
- Kent State shooting.
- Critically review the Baby Boomers- (1950 to 2021).
- George Custer, Buffalo Bill, and Wyatt Earp- Reality in the West versus the Legends.
- Imperialism in the 19 th and 20 th century- Justification.
Research Topics on World History
- African American soldier’s discrimination in the Union army.
- Role of Colonial American women in the revolution- Discuss the republican mother.
- Martin Luther King Jr. – Assassination.
- Sacco- Vanzetti case.
- Harpers Ferry- John Brown’s raid.
- Conflicts, strikes, and labor unions in the 18 th
- Federalists versus anti-federalists- Critically analyze.
- The history of Chinese Communist Revolution
- The 20 th Century – The Bloodiest Ear of American History
- Gutenberg’s Press and its importance
- Battle at sea and in the air during WWI: Comparison
- Japanese – American Internment during WWII
- Truman’s Moral Courage and Political Risks in American History
- The Roosevelt administration and the events of the Holocaust
- Explore the factors that explain the Renaissance.
Constructive History Research Topics
- Age of discovery and the events that led the Europeans to start this age.
- American Revolution: Revolutionary War between 1775 and 1783
- Discuss the influence of ancient conquests on the formation of the modern world map
- After-effects of the women’s rights movement in July 1848
- Civil war and the New York draft riots.
- California’s gold rush movement.
- Containment policy- Truman.
- American society development- Role of the Mormons.
- Democratic Convention in Chicago- 1968.
- The D-Day invasion.
- The Underground Railroad.
- 9/11 attacks- Review.
- U-2 incident.
- Job and Freedom of 1963- March on Washington.
- Black Sox Scandal- Review.
- The Cuban missile incident.
Amazing History Research Topics
- Galveston hurricane.
- The Whiskey Rebellion in 1794.
- Battle of Midway.
- Manhattan Project.
- Great Society- Lyndon Johnson.
- People’s move to the West, despite the risks- Explain the Oregon Trail.
- Spanish American War and Yellow journalism.
- The Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
- Civil war and the North-South confrontation- Causes.
- Nat Turner’s rebellion.
- The Industrialization in Britain and France 1750 -1870
- History of Great Depression
- The necessity of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Industrialization effects on social movements in the USA
- Theories- The colony of Roanoke disappearance.
Good Scoring History Research Topics
- Limitations of the Articles of Confederation- Role of the constitution in its elimination.
- Impact of the Dawes Act on the Native American and United States policy.
- Courtly love.
- Black Death- Black plague.
- The renaissance period- Analyze the life of a woman.
- Medieval philosophy.
- Medieval warfare.
- Islamic Empire.
- Hundred-year war.
- Justinian I- Byzantine Empire.
- Life of a woman in the medieval age.
- Medieval Universities.
Some History Research Paper Topics for Students
- Medieval Laws.
- Papal Monarchy.
- Crimean war.
- 18 th century Europe.
- Industrial revolution.
- Napoleonic war.
- Outstanding inventions of Christopher Columbus.
- The Medicis dynasty.
- Analyzing Vienna’s Congress.
- Revolution of 1948.
- Age of Reason.
- 30 Years War (1618-1648).
- War propaganda.
- The key World War 1 battles and their causes.
Good – Quality History Research Topics
- Discuss the Watergate Scandal
- War between Russia and Ukraine
- Discuss briefly about the Indo-China War 1967
- The Manchu Conquest of China
- Anglo-Zanzibar War
- What was the longest war fought by America?
- Fall of the United States in Vietnam
- Research and knowledge in art and design
- Representing freedom with art during the Civil War in the United States
- Lawrence of Arabia- Discuss.
- Treaty of Versailles.
- Diplomatic history- World War I.
- Gallipoli Campaign.
- Nazi Germany.
- Causes of World War II.
Trending History Research Topics
- Allied occupation in Japan.
- Holocaust survivor.
- Holocaust and the children.
- Hibakusha- Atomic bomb survivor.
- World War II- Eastern front.
- Joseph Goebbels propaganda.
- Nuremberg trials.
- World War II- Home front.
- Katyn Forest Massacre.
- Atlantic Wall.
- Letters and diaries of World War II.
- Battle of Britain.
- The largest concentration campaign.
- Battle of Bulge.
Read also: Best World History Topics for Dissertations you Might Consider
Exemplary History Research Topics
- Hitler and his appeasement.
- Diplomatic history of World War II.
- Greek theater evolution.
- Mesopotamian Art.
- Greek canons and Egyptian of proportion.
- Influence of ancient Greek sculpture on modern art.
- Scythian adornments of gold.
- Buddhist art.
- Comparative study between Buddhist and Tibetan art.
- US religion and ideology from the global perspective
- Political ideology in American society
- History of Identity Politics
- The Great Wall of China.
- Traditional costumes of China and Japan.
- Cambodian art- Religious motifs.
Modern Research Topics for History
- Indian art and the Islamic ascendancy.
- Indian art and the impact of Hinduism.
- Women’s clothing- Renaissance period.
- Literature of the medieval period.
- Medieval period’s drama.
- Renaissance Italy and domestic art introduction.
- Music in the medieval period.
- Gothic architecture.
- Raphael’s painting.
- Cameo appearance- Explain.
- Romantic literature- Medieval period.
- Medieval theater history.
- Renaissance literature.
- Christian symbols and Renaissance art.
- Italian painting- Birth and infancy of Christ.
Complete List of History Research Paper Topics for Exam
- Islamic states and Venice- Diplomacy, religion, and business exchange.
- Armor and arms in Renaissance Europe.
- Ceramics in French Renaissance.
- Bernard Palissy – The Prophet of Modern Ceramic Art
- French Renaissance and Ceramics.
- Flemish and Dutch artists in Rome- 1500-1600.
- Renaissance and the bronze sculptures.
- European paintings and Botanical images.
- Revolution of Global Entertainment Industry
- Modern dress versus classical art.
- Neoclassical sculptures.
- Edgar Degas and the dancing paintings.
- Paul Gauguin and the savage art.
- Decorative art and exoticism.
- Neo-impressionism and Georges Seurat.
Unique History Research Topics
- Lithography in the 19 th
- Baroque and Rococo- A comparative analysis.
- Jackson Pollock’s art.
- Harlem Renaissance.
- Political cartoons and Thomas Nast.
- Kinetic art.
- Development of Pablo Picasso’s painting.
- Painting symbols and Frida Kahlo.
- Dau-al –Set movement.
- Baroque architecture.
- Louis David- Legacy of Jacques.
- French photography and industrialization after 1860.
- Marquis de Sade’s novel.
- Gestapo- Exploring the atrocities.
Exclusive History Research Topics
- Rothschild dynasty.
- Medieval- Economic history.
- Madison versus Marbury case- Impact on the judicial system.
- Julius Rosenburg and Ethel- Describe them as a spy.
- Ancient Greece power versus ancient Rome.
- Elaborate on Ancient Rome’s police.
- What is considered the Eighth Wonder of the world?
- Taj Mahal – The Seventh Wonder of the world
- Civilian life in Ancient Rome.
- Alexander the Great was the best leader in the world.
- Ancient Rome and the Gladiatorial games.
- Potent military in ancient history.
- Protests and demonstrations in ancient times.
- Rome, Greece, and Egypt- Compare their ancient history.
- Ancient Greece and the voting system- Myth versus the facts.
History Research Topics for the Professionals
- Middle Ages and the interfaith marriages.
- Medieval Europe and the city development.
- Significance of Quran in the Medieval Europe.
- Middle Ages and the intellectual life.
- Popular crimes in the Middle Age.
- The Middle Ages as a discovery period- Review.
- Rise of the great monarchies.
- The decline of feudalism.
- Maritime discoveries.
- Advancement of civilization.
- England under the Stuarts.
- Rise of the Dutch republic.
- Significant people of the 16 th
- The History and Architecture of the Great Pyramid of Giza
- Fall of Rome
Popular History Research Topics
- Queens and Kings of Britain.
- Muslims in Europe.
- Seven Years War.
- Political engagement of Muslims in Europe.
- Europe and the Islamic challenges.
- Early Modern Europe.
- Europe and its 18 th -century politics.
- The rise of the Eastern powers.
- Economic history of Europe.
- United States election history.
- US Navy and its brief history.
- Hot war and the cold war Review.
- WWI in America- Analyze its terror trophies.
- United States history- People of the 17 th
- US democracy and its peculiarity.
Outstanding History Research Topics
- Schooner Nancy in the 1812 war.
- Role of the New Deal- Pulling America out of the Depression.
- The Townshend Act.
- War letters and the American revolutionary.
- Federalist Era in the United States.
- Lives of the Americans during the revolution.
- Colonial newspapers and their problems.
- History of Mesopotamia
- Development of Egyptian civilization
- American Revolution and the social conflicts.
- International impact of the American Revolution.
- Battle of Gettysburg.
- European Civil War.
- Appomattox Campaign.
- Battle of Antietam.
Top-Notch History Research Topics
- Battle of Fredericksburg.
- Spotsylvania Court House battle.
- Reasons and impact of the World War I and II
- WWI and its human cost.
- Sarajevo and his assassination in WWI.
- WWI and Entangling Alliances.
- Holocaust victims of WWI.
- Africa and the WWII.
- Holocaust and the church.
- How Germany resisted Hitler in WWII.
History Research Topics on the Cold War
- WWII and its diplomacy.
- Enlist the countries involved in the Cold War.
- The Cold War –Reasons and Lessons
- Policies and positions of America and Canada during the Cold War
- Global order of the Cold War.
- Cold War as a period of fear- Do you agree?
- Impact of the Cold War on popular culture.
- United Nation’s role in the Cold War.
- The reducing influence of Europe during the Cold War.
- The Cold War and McCarthy Era
- The Berlin Airlift and Berlin Wall
Miscellaneous History Research Topics
- US Catholic president and his making.
- Franklin Roosevelt and his companion.
- The Mixed Legacies of Ronald Reagan.
- Political risks and moral courage in American History- Truman’s perspective.
- 20 th and 21 st century- American History.
- Social Revolutions in America.
- Europeans versus the Native Americans.
- Regulating the New Nation.
- Industrialists and the inventors of the conventional world.
- The American Nation and the cost of industrialization.
History Research Paper Topics for College Students
- Great American West and its adjustment.
- Immigrants of the 21 st century- State the US policies.
- Impact of industrialization on the social revolution of the USA.
- Art history versus Art Studio?
- History and Religion- Analyze the art philosophy.
- Art history- A critical introduction.
- US art history versus politics.
- Author Frank Stella and modern artists- Life analysis.
- The Cuban Missile Crisis 1962
- History behind Olympic games
Read more: 100 Best Art History Thesis Topics for Students and Professionals
- Persian Art and Culture
- Art history and semiotics.
- Alois Riegl’s theory and its history.
- Art and Design- Research and knowledge.
- Formal religion of America- Ideology.
- Religious communication and American politics- Discuss the history.
- American society and the political ideology.
- Identity politics and its history.
- Politics and religion of America- How to segregate both successfully?
- America and its new religion.
History Research Topics for University Students
- Analyzing US politics and ideology from an international perspective.
- Explore the most dominant US ideology.
- Immigration in America- Discuss its history.
- Evaluate the historic trends of immigration to America.
- American immigration- State the argument.
- Immigration trends over the years- Evaluate.
- History, trends, and facts of Immigration to the USA.
- American country and immigration before 1965.
- Historical overview of immigration policy.
- US immigration- Discuss the timeline.
Unavoidable History Research Topics
- Egyptian art and culture
- History of the United States
- Immigration reforms in the USA- Analyze the history.
- Soviet zone during the WWI- Treatment of Women.
- The decline of the Nazis and Hitler- Analyze the situation of Germany.
- Spanish Inquisition and moral justification.
- The Six Days War- A preemptive strike or an aggressive act?
- Did the Native Americans resist assimilation? True or False.
- The decline of Constantinople- Is it the saddest moment in the history of mankind?
- British press freedom in the 19 th
- Niccolo Machiavelli- Father of political science. True or False?
- Nationalism was a significant problem of the 20 th
- Asian Soviet Union countries and their history.
- Excellent presidential speeches of the 20 th
- Balkan war and its impact on the European map.
Mixed-Bag History Topics
- Causes and evidence of abolishing slavery in the USA.
- Background and cause of Rwandan genocide.
- United States revolutionary leaders.
- Impact of British rule in India.
- Adolf Hitler- Rise to power.
- Rise and fall of the Roman Empire- Causes and evidence.
- Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans- Government’s response.
- Cleopatra’s decline in Egypt- Analyze its causes.
- Figures and facts of the Iran-Contra Scandal.
- Evolution and changes in Japan over the years.
- Afghanistan and the US’s involvement.
- Great Recession.
- Immortality and Death in Ancient Egypt.
- Patriot Act- Review and Evaluate.
- Prehistoric Britain and the role of woman.
History Research Topics for the Experts
- History of Palestine.
- Reasons for social inequality.
- Causes of Syrian Conflict.
- Key figures of Atlanta Campaign.
- Aftershocks of the Cold War.
- Ancient Rome and the bridal ceremonies.
- Spain and Britain’s war of the sea.
- Mary Chestnut’s personality.
- Crusades and religions.
- Mexican-American War.
- Homestead Act.
- Facts and controversies of the Civil War.
- Medieval Europe and social relationships.
- Europe literacy in the 19 th
Sophisticated History Research Topics
- Arnhem battle.
- Attu Battle.
- Black Code.
- Civil Rights Movement of 1964.
- Origin of the Black History Month.
- Bunker Hill Battle.
- RFK Speech.
- Anne Frank’s diary.
- Cultural traits and the Black History legends.
- Exploring the Interwar period.
- Independence Declaration 1776.
- Saratoga Battle.
- Long Island Battle.
- Camden Battle.
- Princeton battles and the Trenton.
- Benedict Arnold.
- Boston tea party.
- Dictatorship and its causes.
- Cause and effects of the Nuclear Age.
- Prophet Muhammad and Hadith
- Seleucid-Mauryan War
- Comparative analysis of the Gallipoli Campaign and Trojan War
- Uprising democratic movement.
- Impact of Chicano movement.
- Veterans Day history.
- American Imperialism- Role of McKinley.
- Organized crime- American society 1920.
- Causes of economic depression.
- Charles Cornwallis.
History Research Topics List for Assignments
- South America and its religious practices.
- Black Codes.
- Role of the Civilians in strategic battles.
- Battle of Kursk- Strategy.
- Mid- Tudor Crisis- Analysis.
- Gender bias in England- 19 th
- Rise of Empiricism in Europe.
- Cause and Effect- History before 1877.
- Alabama Claims and its causes.
- Syrian conflict and its causes.
- Central Anatolia- Water Sources Value.
- Sumerian culture and its customs.
- Analyzing the Near Eastern Civilizations.
New History Research Paper Topics for Academics
- Role of a woman in prehistoric Britain.
- History of mathematics in India
- History of medicine and surgery in India
- History of poetry
- Ancient Medical Treatments in Greece
- History of Soviet Union
- Comparison between Hindu art and literature and Islamic art and literature
- Comparison between ancient architecture in India and Rome
- The pandemic of plague (6th century – 8th century)
- 1918 Flu (1918-1920)
- Environmental Effects Of The Industrial Revolution.
- Why The Cotton Gin’s Development Was Important For The Industrial Revolution
- Before and during the Industrial Revolution, iron was produced.
- The Effects Of The Industrial Revolution On The Working Class, Both Positive And Negative.
- Comparing the American and European industrial revolutions
History research topics for University:
- During the Industrial Revolution, there was child labor.
- An overview of the factories’ working conditions during the Industrial Revolution.
- Public Education And The Impact Of The Industrial Revolution
- Political Risks in American History and Truman’s Moral Courage
- A Franklin Roosevelt Companion
- The truth of George Custer, Buffalo Bill, and Wyatt Earp in contrast to the legends.
- Justification for imperialism in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The role of the constitution in eliminating the limitations of the Articles of Confederation
- The Dawes Act’s effects on American and Native American policies
- Compare the histories of Rome, Greece, and Egypt in antiquity.
- Myth vs reality regarding the voting method in ancient Greece.
- industrialists and the traditional world’s innovators.
- The cost of industrialisation and the American nation.
- How can American politics and religion be successfully segregated?
- examining US politics and ideology from a global standpoint.
If you are tired of exploring the history research topics listed above, possibly, it didn’t meet your interest. So, you might contact our assignment helper , perhaps they might modify the topics for you to suffice your interest. But, if you got your history research topics, then you might want to start your writing venture. Yet, you might want to hurry, instead search for reliable sources to develop your work. Also, you might seek our History Assignment help to find authentic sources and avoid using information depicted in movies or books. Furthermore, if history interests you, then the listed might sound interesting to you as well. Hence, look no further, choose your topic, do proper research and start developing your work.
R vs. Stata: Which One is the Best For Data Science?
150 Outstanding Big Data Research Topics for Every Student to Explore
198 Captivating Social Issues Topics for Essay or Research Paper
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Top 140 Bioethics Topics To Consider For Writing a Research Paper
160 excellent business essay topics and ideas to focus on, how to write a reflective essay, different types of essay formats- mla, apa, and chicago, apa vs. mla: learn the major differences between the citation styles, top 152 cybercrime research topics for students to consider, an understanding of the language features and structural features, 150+ fabulous criminology dissertation ideas for you to consider, 153 fantastic narrative essay topics for you to explore and consider, 100 motivational quotes for students to succeed in academic life, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
Research Paper Guide
History Research Paper Topics
Last updated on: Feb 8, 2023
Good History Research Paper Topics For Your Help
By: Nathan D.
Reviewed By: Chris H.
Published on: Jan 4, 2022
Research papers can be boring and time-consuming for some high school and university students. However, students will easily create a successful paper if they pick a great research paper topic. Some professors assign topics and make them easy for students. At the same time, others leave the choice to students by giving them the freedom to choose what they want.
The following blog post is a helpful resource for students who need ideas on what topics they can write about. It includes some great topics from which you'll be able to choose the best topic or get inspiration for your paper.
History is a fascinating subject that we should all know more about. There are many topics, and it's always hard to pick which one will work best for your research paper.
However, for your help, we compiled a great list of history research paper topics that can be divided into different categories. So, pick the one that matches your interest and academic level.
On this Page
History Research Paper Topics For College Students
- Nuclear weapons and their influence on the world military clashes
- The Crusades and Jihad: What are the similarities and differences?
- Constitutional change in America: what is the role of the amendments?
- What does religion have to do with the colonist wars?
- How were ziggurats used in ancient Mesopotamia?
- Ancient conquests and their impact on modern world map development
- When were vaccines invented? Are they really useful?
- The influence of Japanese art on European culture
- How did segregation affect the American music industry?
- Is racial discrimination still a part of American society?
History Research Paper Topics Before 1877
- How did the border states perceive the battles of the Civil War?
- Impact of the 1964 elections on civil rights
- History before 1877: cause & effect
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the Fourteenth Amendment
- Explain American history before 1877
- Labor unions, conflicts, and strikes in the 1800s
- The British rule in the Americas and the first British settlements
- United States foreign policy in the early 19th century
- Why was the Bill of Rights added to the Constitution?
- The role of faith in American history before 1877
History Research Paper Topics Philippines
- The fundamentals of the Barrio Government System
- The origins of the name the Philippines
- Communist Party of the Philippines
- Trading with the Chinese
- The Consequences of Magellan’s murder
- US colonization of the Philippines
- Fire Mummies of the Philippines
- Christian-Muslim relations in the Philippines
- The religious belief system in the Philippines
- The reorganization of town governments under the Maura law of 1893
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Indian History Research Paper Topics
- What are the European influences evident in Indian culture?
- The establishment of the British East India company
- British colonialism in India
- The real problem at the heart of goa's Devasthan regulation
- Indian art and the impact of Hinduism
- The issues of the partitioning of India in 1947
- First European powers in India and their trade relations
- What were the devastating impacts of British rule in India?
- India’s first empire and the rise of Buddhism
- The political activism of Dalits in India
History Research Paper Topics 20th Century
- McKinley role for American imperialism
- The reasons and causes for the start of prohibition and its effects on subsequent US history
- The assassination of John Kennedy in 1963 and its consequences
- Were imperialism in the late 19th and early 20th century justified?
- The implication of atomic weapon
- China in the 20th century
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki events
- The role of America in the Cold War
- The analysis of Martin Luther King’s speeches
- Rise of mafia
History Research Paper Topics 1900s
- Queen Victoria died-World politics and the monarchy
- What was the role of women in the 1900s?
- The formation of the league of nations
- Psychiatric methods in early 1900s America
- The first electric washing machine
- The NAACP is first founded-politics and civil rights
- The New York subway opens-innovation and science
- The origin of the piano
- How did sports help promote equality for African Americans in the 1900s?
- Gender roles of the Sioux tribe before 1900
Art History Research Paper Topics
- Why were the sculptures of great importance in ancient Greece?
- Comparative analysis of Mikhail Vrubel and Gustave Moreau art
- The relevance of Abbey Church of St. Denis in Gothic architecture
- The shifts in the art development in ancient Greece
- Can impressionism be termed as simple art or art for the simple?
- The significance of Christian symbols in Renaissance art
- The influence of Hinduism on art from ancient India
- Color psychology in the works of Kazimir Malevich.
- The Influences of Sumerian art found in Hittite art creations
- Construction of the Great Wall of China
European History Research Paper Topics
- European colonization impact on Native Americans
- The history of the French Revolution: new perspectives from Chartier and Furet
- What made Pope Alexander VI controversial?
- Great mistakes of Napoleon
- How did Venetian history affect present Europe?
- The role of politics in the spread of Christianity across Europe
- How were cities developed in Medieval Europe?
- Historical development of East European Jewry
- The main battles of World War I
- Between World War I and World War II, what are the military innovations?
Environmental History Research Paper Topics
- What is the little ice age, and what impact it may have on the climate?
- Landscape painters and environmental photography
- Renewable energy
- Discuss the most significant causes of climate change
- Global warming: what could happen if ice glaciers melt?
- Prehistoric wildlife and its importance in future eco-systems
- How do organisms survive under extreme conditions?
- What effects does biodiversity loss have on humanity?
- Ecosystem health
- Biomes and Ecosystems. What is considered a biome?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Theatre History History Research Paper Topics
- Attitudes towards women and their role in American musical theatre
- Puppetry influence on cartoons these days
- President of the greater Euclid little theatre
- Women in restoration theatre: stages of liberation
- Theatre role as a tool in social commentary
- Artaud’s theatre influence
- Ancient Greek theatre and drama
- Theatre play
- State theatre
- The use of historically accurate costumes on stage
Interesting History Research Paper Topics
- The process of abolition of slavery and its meaning for the world
- Timeline of the 21st century
- American revolution facts
- How have taxes been introduced throughout USA history?
- Queen Elizabeth. The truth about her life.
- The conditions of life for soldiers in the First Crusade
- African American soldiers during the war
- Money and its uses in the Ancient Greek world
- The power of denial: Buddhism, purity, and gender
- Polio vaccines: historical development, types, and efficiency
Us History Research Paper Topics
- Industrialization effects on American social movements
- Amelia Earhart: Who was she? What is the truth about her life and death?
- Effect of the cotton gin on economy and slaves labor
- What did “American” mean in the 18th century?
- The oldest universities: who founded them?
- How and why were National Parks created?
- Immigrants and their ideas of the American Dream
- What did France lose because of Louisiana’s purchase?
- How did the war affect social life and citizens’ psychology?
- German-American immigration in 1854-1894
19th Century American History Research Paper Topics
- What struggles did women face in the Nineteenth Amendment?
- The genre of black popular music
- American south religious practices
- Tobacco trade in early American colonies
- The beginning of slavery in British America and the middle passage
- Women’s suffrage movement
- 1968 democratic convention in Chicago
- Was there a need to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- The role of the United States during World War 2
- What conditions were faced by the Americans in the 19th century?
Tips for Choosing the Best History Research Paper Topic
- Here are some things to consider when choosing the topic for a history research paper.
- Make sure your topic meets the assignment requirements. Consult your professor for feedback if you're not sure, and then use their input as guidance in completing it.
- Choose a topic that interests you and will make the writing process more engaging.
- A topic that is too broad might seem impossible to research. But, the right scope will enable you to find information relevant and focused.
- Do some research and then select the topic.
- Read other researchers’ thesis statements and get an idea from them.
- Find history research papers from the past and read them for a better understanding.
- Keep the audience’s interest in mind and then choose the topic.
Keep these points in your mind, and then select the best topic.
We have provided you with many interesting topics; now, your research paper writing phase has become easy. But, if you still have any confusion, simply consult the best essay writing service 5StarEssays.com .
We offer the best paper writing services and have helped countless students just like you with their academic tasks. Now, finding a good history topic is easy with the help of our expert writers.
So, don’t hesitate to contact us and avail the best write essay for me? writing help.
Masters Essay, College Admission Essay
Nathan completed his Ph.D. in journalism and has been writing articles for well-respected publications for many years now. His work is carefully researched and insightful, showing a true passion for the written word. Nathan's clients appreciate his expertise, deep understanding of the process, and ability to communicate difficult concepts clearly.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write a Research Paper - Writing Guide & Examples
- 20+ Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
- Learn How to Write an Abstract - Steps & Examples
- How to Write a Literature Review: Steps and Outline
- How to Start a Research Paper - 9 Simple Steps
- Psychology Research Topics - 170+ Ideas for Your Paper
- How to Write a Hypothesis - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Writing a Research Proposal - Outline, Format, and Examples
- Good Research Paper Topics & Ideas for Students
- How to Cite a Research Paper with the Help of Examples
- How to Write a Research Methodology in 10 Simple Steps
- Research Paper Outline - Basic Format & Sample
- Research Paper Example: Samples to Write a Research Paper
- Great Sociology Research Topics & Ideas (2022-2023)
People Also Read
- article review
- scholarship essay writing
- definition essay topics
- apa vs mla format
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2022 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SEND PASSWORD
Top 10 Ancient History Essay Topics · Ancient history and classical antiquity: the difference · Ancient history: the main source texts · Early
Historical Investigation Topics Ancient History · Similarities between ancient Rome and ancient Egypt · Rome's gladiatorial games: myths vs reality · Genghis Khan
Ancient History Research Paper Topics · Voting in Ancient Greece: myths vs. · Ancient protests and demonstrations · Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece
Most Interesting Ancient Civilizations Research Titles · The Ancient Sumerian History and Legacy · Hammurabi: The King of Babylonia.
Interesting Ancient Studies Topics for a Research Paper · Sparta: Historical analysis vs. · Ancient Greece and sexuality · Alexander the Great: Ancient conquerors
The culture of the Roman Empire in comparison to ancient Greece · Constantine the Great · The colonization of America · The historical Jesus and
Ancient History Topics · The native inhabitants of the U.S. · Understanding the languages in Ancient Rome · Greek Methodology and its religious and social function
World History Research Paper Topics · Mexican-American War · Religion and Crusades · Causes of Thirty Years War · Use of Weapons in Ancient Civilizations · Bridal
Limitations of the Articles of Confederation- Role of the constitution in its elimination. Impact of the Dawes Act on the Native American and
Indian History Research Paper Topics · What are the European influences evident in Indian culture? · The establishment of the British East India