Custom Essay, Term Paper & Research paper writing services
Toll Free: +1 (888) 354-4744
Email: [email protected]
Writing custom essays & research papers since 2008
170 persuasive research paper topics: top ideas for top grades.
Whenever professors assign students to work on a research paper, they expect them to choose a unique, engaging, and research-worthy topic for the article. However, such a task is daunting and frustrating to most students. Are you one of the frustrated lot thinking about where to begin looking for persuasive research paper topics? Well, look no more!
What Is a Persuasive Research Paper?
A persuasive paper is written to convince the reader to accept a particular point of view or take a specific action. It is like the analogy of a lawyer arguing out a case before a jury. As a writer, you will take your stand on an issue—either “for” or “against”—and build the strongest possible argument to win over your reader.
To have a top-notch persuasive paper, you need to conduct adequate research, awareness of the reader’s biases, and a solid understanding of the two opposing sides of the issue. Strong persuasive papers demonstrate the correctness of your opinion and why the opposite view is incorrect.
How To Write Winning Persuasive Research Topics
Since the primary purpose of persuasive writing is to convince rather than inform an audience, it is essential to structure your topic in a persuading manner. Here are writing tips for topics for persuasive research paper:
Choose a position Understand your audience Conduct adequate research Identify the most convincing evidence
With these, you can build the strongest possible argument in your writing process. Now let’s look at some of the best persuasive paper topics:
Persuasive Research Paper Topics For College Students
- Why college students should not carry their laptops to school
- Should college students participate in activism activities like the Black Lives Matter movement
- Reasons why college students should don school uniform when going to class
- The state should offer free scholarships to public universities
- Racism impedes equal access to education
- Why college students are lazy in conducting their research
- Grants and scholarships should go to students from humble backgrounds
- College students still need supervision when using the internet at any time
- Boycotting and strikes in universities compels the administration to act on issues fast
- Why we should review the academic curriculum annually
- College students should participate in athletics
- The best way to perform better is through regular exercises
- Males have the potential of beating their female counterparts in sciences
Persuasive Research Paper Topics For High School Students
- Why students should not use mobile devices in class during the lesson
- Meaningful ways to spend your weekend
- Why family come-together is essential for any child
- High school students should not have boyfriends and girlfriends
- Why students should not carry packed lunch or water
- Reasons why students should bring their pets to school
- Advantages of using the school bus over personal means
- Teachers should supervise students during exam sessions
- Why students should not take their assignments to online writing sites
- Why the internet is making students lazy than before
- Reasons why the state should ban school trips
- Students should have a fair amount of homework for the weekend and holidays
- Why schools should not offer junk food in their meal timetables
Psychology Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Death sentences affect the mental well-being of the family members
- Suspects and convicts should have the right to confess or not
- Religion should not be the basis of specific decisions
- Why sexual abuse leaves a permanent scar on the victims
- Reasons why coaches and trainers have an impact on the team performance
- Why most youths and teenagers are victims of apathy
- Why everyone should consider their perception
- Why love, passion, and romance are shared today
- Social media is an excellent cause of emotional discomfort among teenagers
- The role of society in supporting orphan children
- Why everyone needs belonging
- The essence and consequence of feeling guilty
- Factors that make some people attracted towards others
Good Topics For a Persuasive Research Paper
- Why teachers should pass psychological tests before being allowed to teach
- Reasons why most men pursue science-related courses
- Why schools should make semester dates shorter
- The necessity of physical education in elementary learning
- Why parents should be more concerned about their children’s educational process
- Why hacking and phishing attracts more male teenagers
- Should partners spy on each other?
- Why genetic engineering is necessary for the 21st century
- Why vaccines should take one year
- Reasons why most journalism courses attracted many applicants
- Why students should not be subjected to online learning
- Should people keep wild animals as pets in their homes?
- Why the government should ban the use of fossil fuels
Persuasive Research Paper Topics For Marketing
- Television advertisements attract more audience than newspaper ads
- Why ladies are more likely to buy advertised products than men
- Reasons why most advertisers prefer outdoor marketing
- Psychological considerations when preparing advertising messages
- Why social media is a new form of digital marketing
- Reasons why advertisers are not offering their clients what they advertise
- Taxation on products is killing marketing strategies
- Why marketing is replacing the news hole in broadcast and print
- Why the government should ban the advertisement of an alcoholic product on TV
- Reasons why short and long term goals are essential in business
- Why market research is a key to starting any form of business
- Reasons why cold emailing potential customers work
- Why every business should know its place in the market
Good Persuasive Paper Topics on Ethical Issues
- Should men contractors receive the same pay as their female counterparts?
- Why doctors should utilize euthanasia when they run out of options
- Why life sentences are better than death sentences
- Why rats and pigs should not be used to test vaccines
- Reasons why influencing unborn children’s genetics is not ethical
- Why should people with pre-existing medical conditions donate blood?
- The impact of stereotypes in employment
- Why eating pork is not unethical after all
- Reasons why the buying and wearing of fur clothes are unethical
- Reasons why female patients do not prefer male nurses in their wards
- Why donating to charities should not be brought on national TV
- Should journalists take photos of people dying from hunger
- Why scanning machines at entrances are invading people’s privacy
Environmental Persuasive Paper Topics For College
- Why the government needs to impose more regulations on environmental conservation
- Why garden owners should not grow exotic plants
- Reasons why the government should reduce the number of diesel vehicles on the roads
- The sun contains plenty of untapped health benefits
- Why should every neighborhood have a recycling plant?
- Why hydraulic fracturing is dangerous
- Are hybrid cars the solution to air pollution on the roads?
- Why palm oil is becoming dangerous on human skin
- The government should impose more fishing restrictions on lakes
- Environmentally sensitive regions should be under state protection
- It is critical of everyone to be mindful of rare species
- More decisive measures should come in implementing alternative sources of energy
- Ways of reducing the use of paper through natural means
Persuasive Paper Topics Middle School
- Why the school buffet menu is not sufficient
- Elementary learning should be made accessible for all the population
- Why students should not take long breaks after the end of an academic year
- Why schools do not have enough time to fit all the curriculum programs
- Ways of making middle school education affordable for all
- Why middle school education in developed nations is sought more than in developing nations
- Why all students should not be forced to go to college or university
- Reasons why homework is unnecessary during weekdays
- Reasons why international exams are not applicable for all students
- Why children should be prepared for school before joining kindergarten
- Grading in schools kills the motivation of most students to continue learning
- Why corporal punishment produces disciplined and self-directed students
- Reasons why students should embrace home-based education
Good Topics For Persuasive Paper in Medicine
- Why everyone needs to have access to affordable medical care
- Reasons why contraceptive treatments are destroying lives rather than saving
- It is possible to prevent infectious diseases more effectively
- Why dark chocolate is not bad for your health after all
- Reasons why a positive mindset can help prevent you from becoming sick more often
- Reasons why First Aid is taught in high school
- Why it is safe to chew tobacco than to smoke it
- Reasons why it is not advisable to attend to accident victims without the assistance of a medical practitioner
- Food additives are silently killing people without them knowing it
- Until what age should mothers stop breastfeeding their children?
- Natural ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Why patients should take injections over tablets and syrups
- Reasons why people should not donate their organs at whatever age
Call to Action Persuasive Paper Topics
- Have a taste of our environment and enjoy the breeze
- Why wait? Take up the offer and shape your future forever.
- Do you want to be more updated? Hit the subscribe button ASAP!
- Do you feel like you don’t know where to start? Think smart!
- Do you want to be a top industry leader? Go where others have not gone.
- Are you afraid of getting lost? Use Google Maps today.
- Are you bored that it’s Monday already? A little sleep is all you need
- Do you want to sound more professional? Put on a designer suit!
- Are you feeling depressed? Drink our mineral water now!
- Don’t know what to do after school? Grab a copy of our magazine today!
- Are you worried about low grades? Use our expert writing service!
- Do you feel heartbroken after a break-up? Try our adventure tour.
- Do you want to continue enjoying our movies? Subscribe today
List of Persuasive Paper Topics in 2022
- Reasons why studying religion is motivational
- Sleeping for eight hours is not suitable for your mental activity
- Eating a lot of desserts will bring problems to your stomach
- Walking out alone in the night makes you brave
- Why playing violent video games will make you aggressive
- Reasons why most IT specialists wear glasses
- Why you should start your own business rather than being employed
- Reasons why most men are proud of their beards
- Why ladies put a lot of emphasis on their wardrobe than men
- Why you should apply for a Masters’ degree today
- Most last-born siblings like crying a lot
- Why it is possible to score an A in a campus exam
- How to control your eating habits
History Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Reasons why most empires fell
- The world wars taught us more painful lessons than ever
- Why the Ottoman Empire is still significant today
- Why it was possible to prevent World War II from happening
- Reasons for the fall of the Mongol Empire power
- Mahatma Gandhi contributed a lot to world peace today
- Why freedom fighters loved their countries
- Causes of apartheid in South Africa
- Why Jamaica has a rich history
- Europeans and the colonization
- Nuclear weapons and war
- The history between China and the US
- History of Women Rights Movements
- Lessons from ancient conquests
Persuasive Paper Topics on Cyber Security
- Privacy and data security issues
- Cloud computing and security
- Human-based behavior and cybersecurity
- Policies for organizational security management
- Privacy issues in the Internet of Things
- Computer security in Software installation
- Security and biometrics
- Impact of Apps on mobile platform security
- Working remedies for Ransomware
- The best antivirus in the world
- How to encrypt viruses
- Importance of cybersecurity audits
- Essentials of intranet security
These are some of the quality persuasive paper topics. You can also ask for cheap but professional research paper writing help from our experts today.
Try it out!
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
150 Best Persuasive Essay Topics to Write Your Paper
Are you looking for the best persuasive essay topics to write your paper? You've come to the right place! In this blog post, we'll explore the key differences between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay and give you some persuasive essay topics to get you started. Let's go deeper to find a good persuasive essay idea with paper writing service .
What is a Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive essay is a type of academic writing where you use logic and arguments to convince readers of your point of view, using solid evidence such as research, stating facts, examples, and quotes from experts. When writing a persuasive essay, you need to choose a topic that could be controversial or have different opinions on it.
There are three main parts to a persuasive essay:
The introduction: This is where you introduce your topic and give the reader an overview of your argument.
The body: This is where you present your evidence and make a case for your argument. You will need to use strong logical reasoning and convincing arguments.
The conclusion: This is where you tie everything together and summarize your argument.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay?
There are many different types of essays that students are required to write in school. These include argumentative, expository, compare and contrast, and narrative essays. However, one of the most challenging types of essays to write is a persuasive essay.
- Opt for an engaging topic. n order to write a persuasive essay, you must first choose a topic that you feel strongly about.
- Take a clear position on a given topic. Writing a persuasive essay requires choosing a specific side you are going to advocate for in your paper. Once you have chosen a topic, you will need to do some research on both sides of the issue. After you have done your research, you will need to decide what position you want to take on the issue.
- Do thorough research to identify the arguments you can use in your essay. Then, prioritize arguments according to their validity and value.
- Know your audience. Since the main purpose of this form of writing is to persuade readers, it is vital to know the audience you are writing for and understand their perspective—to create an effective paper.
- Use the most convincing and logical evidence. One tip is to start by brainstorming a list of reasons why someone should agree with your opinion. Once you have this list, try to find evidence from your research that supports each point.
- Make it engaging. Use a catchy hook in the introduction to grab your readers' attention, and try your best to keep them interested throughout the whole piece.
- Write a persuasive essay outline. Once you have gathered all of your evidence and decided how you want to present it, you can start writing your essay. The first step is always to create an outline of your ideas. This will help ensure that your essay flows smoothly and makes sense overall.
- Keep it clear and straight to the point. After your outline is complete, you can start filling in each section with more details from your research and personal thoughts.
You might also be interested in discovering how to write a persuasive essay
Difference Between a Persuasive Speech and a Persuasive Essay
A persuasive speech and a persuasive essay have different goals. A persuasive speech is given to convince the audience to do something, while a persuasive essay is meant to convince the reader to do something.
The key difference between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay is that, in a speech, the author has to persuade the audience to do something, while in an essay, the author only has to convince the reader. In other words, in a speech, the goal is to change people’s minds, while in an essay, the goal is to change people’s opinions.
Another difference is that, in a speech, the author has to be more emotional and use more rhetoric than in an essay. This is because in a speech, the author has to engage with the audience and make them feel something, while in an essay, the author can be more dispassionate and objective.
Finally, , in a speech, the author usually has less time to make their point than in an essay. This is because speeches are typically shorter than essays. Consequently, speeches tend to be more focused on one main point or argument than essays.
Get help from our dissertation service asap.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free :
Here are the key differences between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay:
- Audience. Obviously, by writing a speech, you intend to communicate with a live audience. Meanwhile, an essay addresses a reading audience.
- Tone. Due to the difference in audience, the tone of these two persuasive pieces is also different. A speech aims to generate a strong emotional effect. To create it, authors often use a particular diction full of grave, hopeful, or uplifting tones. An essay also relies on evoking emotions; however, in this case, a writer will fulfill this goal with the help of making the right points.
- Format. Most essays follow a standard format: introduction, body, and conclusion. A speech also generally follows the same structure. However, often speechwriters draw a separate conclusion from every point made in the body to ensure that the audience is on the same page as the speaker. You can read more about persuasive essay format in our special article.
- Presentation. A speech gives a speaker a wider range of tools to use during a presentation. Thus, when writing a speech, you can expect a speaker to further strengthen its effect with the help of eye contact, body language, intonation, gestures, etc. On the contrary, when writing an essay, the whole effect a piece makes depends on the word choice and the way you use them.
Components of a Persuasive Essay
Here we have compelled an extensive list of good persuasive essay topics divided into popular categories to help you get started with your paper. A good persuasive essay topic should be well-organized and follow a clear and logical structure. As a rule, the length of this essay is between 5-6 paragraphs. What are the components of a persuasive essay? This type of work follows the standard essay structure – that is, a catchy intro; the main body, which includes the main ideas, with arguments to support them; and a logical conclusion. Now, let's look at each of the three components closer:
- Introduction: An introduction is the opening paragraph of an essay. It is the first thing that gets presented to readers' eyes, which is why it has to be clear and attention-grabbing. Intro contains clear and concise thesis statement that states the main argument of the essay - a hook. Also, an introductory paragraph has to contain a strong thesis statement that reflects the main idea that you will be examining in the next part.
- Body: An essay's main body is its heart. As a rule, it consists of 3-4 paragraphs. Each paragraph reflects a specific point and provides supporting evidence for it. In a persuasive essay, it should contain evidence to support the thesis statement - data, statistics, examples, or testimony from experts.
- Conclusion: The closing part of your essay is used, to sum up the key ideas discussed in its main body and connects them to the thesis statement in the introduction. In persuasive writing, the conclusion is used to strengthen the persuasive effect of the whole piece. It should also have a call to action for the reader to do something or believe something as a result of reading the essay.
It is also worth carefully reading the article on how to write an expository essay , in which you can find new and useful information.
Persuasive Essay Topics
When it comes to choosing a topic for your persuasive essay, you should always opt for a topic that you are passionate about. If you don't care about the subject, it will be very difficult to persuade someone else to care about it.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a topic for your persuasive essay.
- The topic is engaging. Make sure that it is something that can be argued. There is no point in trying to persuade someone of something that is not debatable.
- You have an opinion about it. In order to persuade readers of something, you need to define your position first. Thus, it is vital to pick a persuasive topic you have an opinion about.
- You have reliable sources. Make sure that you have access to reliable sources of information on the topic. If you don't have any evidence to support your position, it will be very difficult to convince anyone of anything.
- It is controversial. Obviously, there should be two sides to the argument in order to have something to convince your audience about. Thus, you need to pick a topic you can examine both sides of.
- The topic is manageable. Finally, a perfect persuasive topic is one for which there are enough arguments to provide. Therefore, before you stop on a specific topic, be sure to conduct enough research to see if you can find sufficient supporting evidence for your ideas.
- The topic is relevant to the readers. If you are writing for an English class, it might not be appropriate to write about politics, for example.
Following these tips, you can generate brilliant persuasive essays for college and school with ease. Need some extra prompts to get started? In the list below, we have included some of the most relevant and interesting persuasive speech topics—divided into categories:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- I Should Be Allowed to Go to Bed Later
- I Should Be Allowed to Have a Pet
- I Should Be Allowed to Eat Sweets Every Day
- Dogs Are Better Pets than Cats
- Superheroes Are Real
- Vegetables Should Not Be Eaten Regularly
- I Should Be Allowed to Stay Home Alone
- How Do Violent Video Games Influence My Behavior?
- I Should Be Allowed to Play Video Games as Much as I Want
- Why Should I learn Foreign Language?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Schools Should Cancel Dress Codes
- Do ZOOs protect animals?
- Elementary Students Should Be Allowed to Bring Their Pets to School
- Students Should Be Allowed to Use Cellphones in School
- The School Day Should Be Shortened
- Why School Breaks Need to Be Longer
- All Classrooms Should Have a TV
- We Need to Have Longer Summer Holidays
- Schools Should Have Play Time in Between Classes
- Every Classroom Should Have a Pet
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- The Best Vacation Destinations
- Does a Home Environment Influence Pupils' Academic Performances?
- Should There Be Harsher Punishments for Bullying?
- Is Less Homework Really a Good Idea?
- The Pros and Cons of Summer Schooling
- Field Trips Should Be Organized Every Week
- The Impact of Violent TV Shows on the Population
- The Role of Social Media on the Lives of Younger Generations
- Are Professional Sports Good For Our Health?
- Should Students Be Held in Detention?
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- College Education: Is it Still a Necessity?
- Should Students Take a Gap Year After High School?
- Cyber Bullying Is a Big Issue in High School
- Students Should Be Allowed to Wear Whatever Clothing They Wish
- The Current Grading System Is Irrelevant in the Modern World: Grades Don't Reflect Students' Knowledge
- Should the Voting Age Be Lowered?
- Should a Celebrity's Personal Life Be Disclosed the to Public?
- Couples Expecting a Baby Should Receive Lessons about Parenting
- Sex Education Should Be Available in Schools
- Why Is Financial Literacy Important to Study?
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
- Standardized Examinations Should Be Banned
- Are Student Loans a Good or Bad Thing?
- Drug and Alcohol Consumption on Campus: an Experiment or a Real Problem?
- Are Relationships Built in College Long-Lasting?
- Students Should Not Be Allowed to Bring Children to College Classes
- The Negative Impact of Fraternities on Students' Performance and Behavior
- Technological World Makes Us Spending Too Much Screen Time
- College Athletes Should Have More Benefits in their Academic Lives
- Most University Programs Are Already Outdated and Irrelevant to the Modern World
- Accommodation on Campus Should Be Free of Charge
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
- Celebrities Should Not Be Role Models for Teenagers
- Obsession with Dieting Can Lead to Various Eating Disorders and Health Problems
- School Uniforms Should Be Obligatory
- The friendship Between Women and Men Can Be Just That
- Vegetarianism Is Not a Healthy Lifestyle
- Democracy Is the Most Reasonable Government System To-date
- GMO Foods Are Not as Dangerous as We Have Believed
- Horror Movies Can Negatively Affect Mental Health
- Are Genetically Modified Foods Safe?
- Alcohol Consumption Not Only Negatively Affects Health, But Also Other Spheres of Life
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
- Investing in Space Exploration Has the Potential to Improve Life on Earth
- The Moral Issue of Cloning
- The Pros of Genetic Engineering and How It Can Influence the World
- Colleges Should Invest More in Scientific Programs
- How Do New Scientific Findings Influence Our Daily Lives?
- Are New Technologies Safe for Our Health?
- Conducting Scientific Research on Animals Should Be Prohibited
- The Science Behind the Curing Effect of Medical Marijuana
- Genetically Modified Food: Is It Good or Bad for Us?
- Why Everyone Should Study Science
Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
- Home Schooling Is the Best Alternative to Regular Schooling
- Students Should Have Nine Months of Holidays and Only Three Months of Studies
- Engaging in Sports Is a Good Way to Change Your Life
- Lying Is an Important Part of a Healthy Relationship
- Aliens Are Real
- Keeping a Journal Is a Fun Way to Cope with Stress
- Colleges Should Have Medical Rooms to Help Students Combat Stress and Depression
- Video Games Can Teach You Vital Life Skills
- Owning a Pet Is a Way To Become Happier
- Renting a House Is Better Than Buying One
Most Controversial Topics
- Abortion: Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
- Is There Still a Place for Racial Profiling in the Modern World?
- We Should Legalize Euthanasia for Terminally Ill Patients
- Higher Education Should Be Free for Everyone
- Is Donald Trump's Presidency a Bad or a Good Thing for the US and the Rest of the World?
- Same-Sex Couples Should Be Able to Marry
- Death Penalties: Is There Place for Them in the 21st Century?
- Benefits of the Legalization of Medical Marijuana
- The World Could Be a Better Place Without Organized Religion
- Technology Brings More Harm than Good
Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- Current Environmental Laws Fail to Prevent Human Encroachment and Habitat Destruction
- Why Countries Should Invest Significantly in Environmental Conservation Programs
- Plant and Animal Lives Are Endangered Due to Human Encroachment
- Global Warming Is Real
- Developed Worlds Are the Main Cause of Global Warming
- Current Farming Methods Need to Be Adjusted to Stop Environmental Degradation
- Vegetarianism Has a Preferable Impact on the Environment
- Industrial Waste and Farming Chemicals Are the Biggest Polluters of Air and Water
- Pollution in Cities Is Caused by Overpopulation
- We Need to Conserve Our Global Resources
Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics About Music
- Music Is a Powerful Cure for Psychological Problems
- Hard Rock Negatively Influences Teens' Behaviour
- Music Can Be Found in Nature if You Listen Carefully
- Billie Eilish Is Not a Typical Teenage Pop-Star
- Music Positively Affects the Human Brain
- Celtic Music Has a Soothing Effect
- Most of the Music in the 21st Century Is Simply Commercial, Not Art
- Rap Music Provokes Violence
- Classical Music Can Ensure a Better Pregnancy
- Music Helps College Students Have Better Academic Performance
Immigration Persuasive Essay Topics
- Illegal Immigration Is a Pressing Issue in Rich Countries
- People Born within a Specific Country's Borders Should Always Be Given Citizenship
- Policies Regarding Illegal Immigration Should Be More Strict
- An Increase in Border Security Should Prevent Illegal Immigration
- Poverty Is the Primary Reason for Illegal Immigration
- Most of the Time, Sending Illegal Immigrants Back to Their Countries Is Pointless
- High Rates of Illegal Immigration Can Promote Prostitution
- High Rates of Illegal Immigration Are among the Biggest Triggers of Terrorism
- Lowering the Costs of Immigration Can Prevent Illegal Immigration
- Refuge Seekers Should Not Be Considered Illegal Immigrants
Persuasive Speech Ideas About Medicine
- Health Care Should Be Free for Everyone
- Finding a Universal Cure to AIDS Is Possible
- Art Can Be a Powerful Therapy for Many Health Issues
- Alternative Medicine: Pros and Cons
- The Negative Effects of a Concussion
- Is Coronavirus as Dangerous as the Media Portrays?
- Are E-Cigarettes Safer Than Tobacco?
- Can 3D Printing Benefit Medicine?
- Nanotechnology Can Help Treat Cancer
- How Can Stem Cells Be Used to Cut Death Rates Among Heart Attack Patients?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Girls Should Be Encouraged to Participate in Sports while Studying as Much as Boys
- College Athletes Should Get Paid
- Women Should Be Allowed to Compete Against Men in Sports
- Hosting the Olympic Games Benefits Countries in Terms of its Economic and Social Impact
- The Coverage of Women Athletes in the Media Is Still Sexist
- Some Kinds of Sports Can Promote Violent Behaviors
- An Athlete's Mental Health Is Greatly Affected by Injuries
- Eating Disorders Are a Common Problem among Athletes
- Colleges and Schools Should Place a Larger Emphasis on Physical Education
- Sports Can Provide Relaxing and Soothing Effects on the Body and Mind
Good Persuasive Speech Topics for Arts
- The Role of Art in the Development of Our World
- Art Therapy Helps Treat Mental Issues
- Students Engaged in Arts Perform Better Academically
- Digital Art Lacks Soul, Unlike Regular Art
- Everyone Should Take Art Classes in School
- Is Art Really Necessary?
- How Does Kids' Art Reflect Their Inner Fears?
- The Purpose of Art
- How Did the Image of Woman in Art Change throughout the Centuries?
- Ancient Greece Is the Place Where Most Branches of Art Were Born
To buy persuasive essay just leave a notice to our service and get online essay writer you need. If you are still unsure how to handle persuasive writing assignments, ask for the help of expert writers and forget about the eternal question: "How to do my homework ?" Our professionals will help you ease your academic burden and improve your grades.
Get Pro Writing Help with Persuasive Essay Ideas and Boost Your Grades!
Hopefully , this guide will help you discover good topics for a persuasive speech or persuasive essay ideas and write a top-notch paper. Looking for more advice or professional writing help?
Get Pro Writing Help and Boost Your Grades!
Hopefully this guide will help you discover good topics for a persuasive speech or essay and write a top-notch paper. Looking for more advice or professional writing help?
227 Amazing College Persuasive Essay Topics [Free Ideas]
Ever wondered what a persuasive essay is? Are you struggling to differentiate it from an argumentative one? Do you think it’s impossible to find original persuasive speech topics for college students?
If you have answered yes to any question, you’ve come to the right place. Our team can help you!
A persuasive essay is a piece of academic writing that convinces readers to accept the author’s position and agree with their ideas. Through clear arguments and examples, the writer demonstrates the legitimacy of their point of view.
Below, we have provided a list of the most interesting and unique college persuasive essay topics. So, don’t waste any more of your time searching for the right title. Use our ideas and create an outstanding persuasive essay!
- 👉 How to Choose?
- ✨ Best Speech Topics
- 🎓 Ideas on Education
- 📜 Topics on History
- ⚖ Ideas on Politics
- 👍 Topics on Sociology
- 💰 Ideas on Economics
- 🚌 Transportation
- 🌿 Environment
- ⚙ Technology
- 🌍 Traveling
- ✌ Lifestyle
- 🏫 Teenagers
- 📚 Literature
- 🖐 25 More Topics
👉 How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic for College?
The main secret of the successful persuasive essay is a compelling topic. Therefore, when choosing the right persuasive topic, follow these few simple pieces of advice:
- Re-read the assignment . The task that you’ve received from your tutor can be of great assistance. You just have to read it correctly. Unfortunately, college students tend to underestimate the power of the question. Don’t make this mistake. Read your assignment carefully because it can provide clues on the topic to look for.
- Brainstorm ideas. Before writing any paper, college students have to research. It will ensure the argumentative part of the persuasive essay. To understand what to examine, have an ideation session, and consider a variety of ideas. Picking the most appropriate one, you’ll see where to start your research. Try to find as many topics as you can. Free college essays collection is a good place to check out as a part of your session. You’ll be able to see what topics are already covered, and what you can expand upon. It will make your investigation and writing processes easier!
- Don’t pick an idea if it’s too broad . You may think that in this case, you’ll have plenty of things to argue about. Well, maybe a bit too many. In your essay, you should cover an entire topic so that it sounds convincing. When the idea is too broad, you can’t fit every argument in one paper. So, specify your title. For instance, you want to persuade your readers to stay healthy. Then don’t investigate all the aspects of maintaining health. Focus on one specific issue. For example, explore the positive influence of sport on the general health condition of a human being.
- Ensure that you have credible sources. In some colleges, even the smallest essays may require a list of references. Thus, make sure you have materials to research and later list as your sources. Remember: Good persuasive paper topics for college have to offer a wide variety of sources to investigate. So, if you are not confident in your materials, better change the title. It will prevent you from a lack of evidence to support your arguments.
- Choose a topic of personal interest. We’re not compelling you to write something that you enjoy when it contradicts the assignment. But try to select an idea that doesn’t bore you from reading it out loud. It is always more pleasurable to write on a topic you are passionate about. Don’t miss your chance to make turn your essay writing process into an exciting activity.
- Select something you have an opinion about, but open to debate. Your tutors can disagree with your position. Nevertheless, it is not a reason to give up. It’s the right time to show your critical thinking skills. State your position clearly and provide convincing arguments to support it. Show your readers that you can change your position if you see some compelling data. It can give you some extra credit. The best persuasion topics for college create an environment for debates and discussions.
- Be unique! In colleges, the amount of papers done daily is enormous. Don’t make your professors read about the importance of waste sorting, for example, yet again. The topic of environmental protection is undoubtedly extremely significant. However: It is way too overused. The professors are tired of reading essays on the same issues again and again. Surprise them and stand out.
✨ 12 Best Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
- How important is mental health?
- Is online school more effective?
- Are GMO products good?
- Is social media dangerous?
- What’s wrong with the education system?
- Does recycling work?
- Is veganism bad for the environment?
- Should foreign policy be feminist?
- Is marriage an obsolete institution?
- Can protests and demonstrations bring change?
- Can alternative medicine actually work?
- Is modern advertising unethical?
🔑 Essential College Persuasive Essay Topics
We bet, every college student at least once had an assignment to write a persuasive essay. Haven’t you had yet? The best is yet to come! Thus, you have to be prepared to face all the challenges of a persuasive essay composing.
Searching for interesting persuasive essay topics is a complicated issue. However, you don’t have to worry about it. Our team of experts gathered the most popular and effective ideas in one place.
Don’t stress out about the topic:
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics for college students. We divided our ideas into sections so that you can find the most appropriate one. So, you can easily navigate throughout our page for a more effective search.
🎓 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Education
- An educational system should encourage creativity .
- Student diversity should be present in a school classroom .
- Why should college students care about their mental and physical health?
- Why should we stop girls’ discrimination in the modern educational system?
- Why should computer science programs be taught in colleges and universities?
- Why should parents take part in their children’s education?
- Why reading performance of students with learning disabilities should be improved?
- Studying abroad results in better education.
- Homework does not help in the learning process.
- The costs of higher education should be reduced.
- A grade does not show a student’s knowledge.
- The Internet overuse blocks the mental development of a modern teenager.
- Education should not depend on technologies.
- Essay writing develops the critical thinking skills of students.
- Foreign language learning should be mandatory in school . Conduct research on how foreign languages influence children and teenagers. What are the positive sides of such education? Then, persuade your readers that foreign languages are essential in the school core curriculum.
- Art classes should be a priority in middle school . Elaborate on the importance of the development of the sense of art for children and teenagers. Why should art classes be higher in the list of priorities than technical or science courses? How can the right perception of art help pupils in future life?
- The core curriculum of the high school should not be too broad. Why do we have to narrow down our focus in high school? Explain how teenagers will benefit from studying particular subjects instead of getting general knowledge. Convince your readers about the importance of focusing on a specific field in high school.
- A gap year before entering the university is beneficial. Give persuading evidence why students should take a gap year. What are the advantages? Make your readers debate whether a gap year is worth considering. Finally, convince them that it is worth it.
- Mobile phones should not be allowed in school. State your position regarding the usage of smartphones during the learning process. What adverse ramifications do the mobile phones have on the academic results of pupils? Persuade your readers to prohibit phone usage in school.
- Traditional education is more effective than remote learning . How the benefits of the conventional way of learning outweigh the advantages of remote education? Compare the aspects of remote learning for different age groups: 1st grade age, 6th grade age, and a college student.
📜 College Persuasive Essay Topics on History
- The American Revolution was a turning point in USA history.
- The year 1763 is crucial in US history.
- The media played a crucial role in promoting the Vietnam War .
- We shouldn’t underestimate the significance of African-American social reform.
- Technological advancement of the 17th century was a new era in world history.
- Without Enlightenment and Romantic Age , the European culture wouldn’t be so progressive nowadays.
- People should’ve stopped the propaganda of Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones before the intensive development.
- The historical influence of Abraham Lincoln should become a role model for modern political figures.
- Americans should have abolished slavery in the United States way earlier.
- The four voyages by Christopher Columbus are crucial in the progress of world history.
- Cultural exchanges in the medieval period significantly impacted the civilizations.
- Protestant reformation was the most influential Christian movement.
- Japanese women in the Middle Ages should have been more powerful.
- The world war should never happen again.
- The age of exploration . Who are the key figures? How did they impact world history formation? Convince your readers of the importance of the age of exploration.
- The Mayan calendar system did not predict the end of the world . Investigate the Mayan calendar system. What is your explanation of the fact that the calendar system ended in the year 2012? Persuade your readers that the suggestions about the end of the world in 2012 are false.
- Racial discrimination in America violated human rights to a great extend . Give a brief overview of racial discrimination in the USA. Persuade the readers to perceive racial discrimination as an act of human rights violation.
- Apollo 11 – the first spaceflight that landed people on the Moon . Discuss the importance of this event. Convince your readers about the significance of the Moon exploration.
- History studying should become the top priority for students. The knowledge of history may help to prevent mistakes from the past. So, persuade your readers to explore historical events.
- Holocaust should not be justified and denied . What are the horrible consequences of holocaust tragedy? Analyze an opinion regarding the denial of the holocaust. Persuade the readers not to support this idea.
⚖ College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Politics
- Civil rights of black Americans should not be limited.
- Migration should not be restricted because it has certain benefits to modern countries .
- In the battle of socialism vs. democracy , the second one should win.
- Nationalism in international relations should be accepted.
- E-government should become transparent and accountable for the citizens .
- Celebrities should stay aside from political activities.
- The laws for each state of America should become common.
- A voting system should be transparent.
- Ordinary people should not be allowed to own guns.
- The federal tax return process should become more manageable.
- Individual rights versus the common good . Express your position regarding the issue. What do you support: individual rights or common good? Persuade the readers to follow your ideas.
- Gay marriage should be allowed . If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments. Exclude harsh comments and offensive language from the narrative.
- The death penalty cannot be justified . Why do you think so? Give clear arguments to support your opinion. If you believe that the death penalty is justifiable, prove your position.
- Electronic voting in the United States should not be banned . Present the positive sides of this way of voting and convince the readers in your rightness. Don’t you agree with this opinion? Then, provide counterarguments.
- Abortion should be legal . Provide clear arguments to express your position. Or provide counterarguments to contradict the idea of abortion legalization.
👍 College Persuasive Essay Topics on Sociology
- Community services should be provided for mentally disabled people .
- Equality and diversity are the main social issues .
- Interpersonal communication skills are crucial in modern society.
- Gender inequalities in the 21st century should be overcome .
- Should the Canadian government legalize prostitution?
- Max Weber’s rationality theory should be accepted by society .
- China should take specific steps to overcome the overpopulation problem .
- Gender stereotypes in a family should be dismantled.
- Abusive relationships in a family should not be hidden.
- Implementing more tough punishments on the lawbreakers should reduce the crime rates of the USA.
- Does family promote or limit mobility? Choose one side of the issue and provide clear arguments to support your ideas.
- Divorce has negative effects on children . Do you agree with this statement? Convince the readers to accept your point of view by stating your position clearly and powerfully.
- Birth control should be monitored on a governmental level. Express your opinion regarding birth control in modern society. Conduct a study on the cultural, religious, and political aspects of the birth control issue.
- Is there the right age to get married? Decide if there are any age suggestions to create a family or no? Support your choice with bright ideas and appropriate examples.
- To resolve the conflict, we need to know the nature of the conflict . Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Provide strong arguments to make people believe in your point of view. How do you think psychology works while resolving the conflict?
💰 College Persuasive Essay Ideas on Economics
- Competing theories are the core of economic development.
- We have to consider John Locke’s and Karl Marx’s economic ideas nowadays.
- Demand and supply correlation in the market matters a lot.
- Adam Smith’s “invisible hand” concept can improve modern economics .
- If we want to stabilize the economy, we have to implement the monetary policy .
- Should big banks be broken up?
- We should consider the relationship between money supply and inflation while preventing the high level of inflation.
- We shouldn’t take the Keynesian explanation of the recession too seriously.
- Industrialization plays a significant role in economic development.
- Small business owners should receive financial support during the period of crisis.
- The governments should reduce monopoly power.
- The role of understanding the goals of human resource management in the context of human capital theory . Explain the significance of effective HR management for a business flourishing. Persuade your readers to invest enough resources in human capital.
- Exchange regimes have a significant impact on macroeconomic performance . Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Provide well-developed arguments to prove your point of view. Persuade your readers to accept your position.
- Consumer behavior is different in every country. If you agree, develop this idea by providing strong arguments. If you don’t, state your position. Either way, support your arguments with supporting evidence. Make your readers follow your opinion.
- The understanding of the basic concepts of economics is essential for every person . Explain how the knowledge of economics can help people to manage their money wisely. How to survive during the crisis? How to lead a business successfully, etc. Persuade your readers to study the basics of economics.
💡 Interesting College Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you already impressed with a diversity of topics our team collected for you? But don’t think that’s all we have to offer for you. Since our mission is to help you, we have more persuasive essay ideas for college to share.
Below, you can find more fascinating ideas for your assignments. For your convenience, we divided persuasive essay topics for college into several sections. Investigate our ideas and don’t hesitate to use them.
🚌 Transportation Persuasive Essay Topics
- Planes should newer take off if weather conditions are inappropriate .
- Never drive a car if you are under the alcohol or drug effect .
- Hybrid cars are environmentally friendly, so they should become the future of the transportation industry .
- Why should people study driving?
- The usage of alternative energy resources should reshape the global transportation infrastructure .
- The governments should invest enough money in public transport advancement .
- Cars usage should be regulated .
- A school bus should be checked at least once a month to ensure the safety of pupils.
- The reserves of petroleum should be replenished to provide a proper transportation industry operation.
- The shipping of essential goods during the state of emergency (quarantine, dangerous natural conditions, etc.) should be free.
- We should use public transport instead of private cars to save the environment.
- Hybrid engine vs. standard engine . Examine the positive and negative aspects of both of them. Which one would you prefer? Persuade your readers to support your opinion by giving clear arguments.
- Information technology influences the logistics industry to a great extent . Provide appropriate examples of the IT impact on logistics. Convince your readers of the importance of your opinion.
- The role of transportation in the development of tourism . Prove your audience that transportation progress has a direct impact on tourism opportunities.
- We have to reduce the use of crude oil in the transportation industry . What are the possible adverse ramifications of such oil usage? Persuade your readers to limit applying this type of fuel. If you don’t agree with the idea, express the opposing opinion. Elaborate on your arguments and provide counterarguments.
🌿 Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- The government should control the overpopulation to prevent consequences for the environment .
- Human activity should be limited to preserve biodiversity .
- We have to examine an ecologically sustainable approach .
- Alternative energy sources are essential for saving the planet .
- We should try our best to live a zero-waste lifestyle .
- Saving endangered species must be a top priority issue for environmental organizations.
- Solar energy can save the environment.
- Hunting sports should be banned because they harm biodiversity.
- The conservation of global resources is necessary for maintaining the lifecycle of the planet.
- Waste sorting should be mandatory all around the world.
- Stopping deforestation will prevent the loss of natural habitat for animals.
- Tourism negatively affects wildlife. Comment no the negative consequences of traveling on nature. If you believe that tourism does not harm wildlife, provide counterarguments to claim your position.
- Farming has to be wise. Explain how intensive farming damages nature. Convince your readers about the importance of following the farming rules. They can help to prevent intensive farming’s adverse ramifications.
- The Prime Days on Amazon should be banned . Explain how the incredibly low prices on items during the Prime Days result in extremely high costs for the environment. Persuade your readers to resist the desire to buy unnecessary goods from Amazon.
- Without rainforests, our planet will suffocate . Prove the significance of the preservation of the rainforests for the environment.
⚙ Technology Persuasive Essay Ideas
- Globalization influences computer technologies to a great extent .
- The government should implement Internet censorship .
- Cloud computing is an innovative era in computer science .
- Cyberbullying should be controlled to prevent a negative influence on youth .
- Dependency on computers is a considerable threat to human well-being .
- Data and information security should be a top concern of every internet user .
- Investing money in developing information technology systems is profitable for companies.
- The internet blocks the development of human intelligence.
- To prevent the development of serious illnesses, we should use genetic technology.
- Technological advancement should focus on the improvement of the health sector.
- We have to use technology wisely to make people smarter.
- A scientific revolution started the technological advancement. Convince your readers about the importance of the scientific revolution in technological development. If you don’t agree with the topic, express the opposing opinion, providing counterarguments.
- E-books or audiobooks will never replace paper books. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? State your position clearly and make your readers accept it.
- Nowadays, society is too dependent on computer technologies . Comment on its negative and positive sides in the life of modern people. Persuade the readers not to overuse technology in everyday life.
- Technology and science complement each other. Provide clear arguments to prove this idea or counterarguments to disprove it.
😃 Easy College Persuasive Topics
Do you think that persuasive essays have to cover only serious or global issues? Do you feel as if you have to be overwhelmed with the complexity of the subject? You are mistaken. A paper won’t become less successful if it explores even everyday life topics.
We prepared the next section of the article for you. Here you can find simple persuasive essay ideas for college students. Select a fascinating topic and compose an outstanding essay.
🎶 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Music
- Music has a significant impact on culture .
- Music preferences depend on personality type .
- Music can influence our behavior .
- Songs with lyrics that promote violent behavior should be banned.
- A musician is not just a job; it is a vocation.
- Medical workers should investigate the positive effect of music on mental illnesses’ treatment.
- Music can be helpful in the learning process.
- Good song lyrics can inspire people . Provide a sample of inspiring verses. How can it motivate listeners? Persuade the readers to pay attention to the song lyrics while listening to music.
- A guitar is always a good idea for friendly gatherings . Prove to your readers that several songs played on a guitar can create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
- Rap reflects violence. This is a generally accepted opinion. Do you agree or disagree with it? Prove your point of view by providing well-developed arguments.
🌍 Persuasive Topics for College on Traveling
- While traveling, health and safety issues should be a top priority .
- Tourism should be sustainable .
- A trip to India will make you see the world from the other side.
- Summer will become more memorable and fascinating if you travel.
- Traveling broadens people’s minds.
- Traveling with family or friends is an essential part of a happy life.
- Spending a holiday on a trip is always more pleasurable than in front of a TV or computer.
- Every person should visit Europe at least once in life. Explain why Europe is a must-see destination for every tourist.
- People should travel as much as they want. Persuade people not to resist the desire to explore new places by listing the advantages of traveling.
- Traveling is affordable for everyone. Persuade people to visit various countries, even with a limited budget.
✌ Persuasive Essay Ideas for College about Lifestyle
- Parents should be responsible for their children’s obesity .
- Proper nutrition and positive behavior prevent cancer .
- A healthy lifestyle prevents aging .
- Weight management programs and hypnotherapy are useful in maintaining good shape and a healthy organism .
- An active way of life should replace a sedentary lifestyle to prevent heart diseases.
- You should plan your weight loss process wisely.
- Well-balanced nutrition is a way to a healthy and beautiful body.
- Regular yoga and fitness will help you to maintain mental and physical wellness.
- Regular physical activities and enough sleep can help students to study better.
- Media influences the development of eating disorders . Explain the mechanisms media’s effect on eating disorders. Persuade your readers to pay enough attention to the information on social media.
📺 Persuasive Topics for College about Media
- The role of mass media in modern society shouldn’t be underestimated .
- Media affects the way people look at society .
- TV shows have a negative influence on children .
- Parents should control the effects of mass media advertising on teenagers .
- Professional psychologists should review every cartoon before being released on television.
- The information on the internet should be filtered to avoid the spreading of fake news.
- Censorship is a must-have for modern television.
- Old cartoons are more insightful than modern ones. Compare and contrast old and new animated films. Prove the usefulness of old ones. Convince the audience to make their children familiar with old cartoons.
- Social media develops an inferiority complex among teenagers . How pictures of luxurious life in social networking sites influence adolescents’ self-esteem? Persuade the readers to filter the information seen in social media.
- Mass media in the 1950s was more ethical than contemporary mass media. Analyze the ethical issues that are present in modern media. Why is following the ethical rules while sharing the information through the mass media vital?
🏫 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College on Teens
- Both abstinence and sex education should be taught in high schools .
- Professional psychologists or psychiatrists should treat anxiety disorders in children and adolescents .
- Cheating in schools should be strictly punished.
- Understanding teen depression is a crucial step in overcoming it.
- The federal government should enact anti-bullying laws .
- Bullying in school should be the main issue to deal with for the headteacher.
- The teenage period requires constant monitoring of children’s behavior by parents and teachers.
- Parents should have access to teenagers’ academic results.
- The mental health of teens is precarious. Convince the readers to monitor and maintain adolescents’ mental health.
- Parents should control social media usage by teenagers. Why should parents monitor the social networking accounts of their children? Explain why it is useful to teach teens how to behave on social media.
📚 Persuasive Topics for College on Literature
- Literature studying should be mandatory in schools.
- Literature teaches us how to live a worthy life.
- Robin Hood should become an example to follow.
- You have to read some books several times throughout life to get the idea.
- Lyric poetry may help in dealing with inner conflicts.
- William Shakespeare is an outstanding figure of English literature that should always be appreciated.
- Every person should have one book that will always remain their favorite one.
- The theme of Romeo and Juliet will always remain relatable. Support this idea by providing compelling arguments and examples from the play. If you don’t agree with the statement, present clear counterarguments to prove your point of view.
- The parents should read fairy tales to their children from early childhood. Persuade your audience to make their kids familiar with the fairy tales. Explain the importance of positive aspects of this genre of literature.
- Dorian Gray and Oscar Wilde are connected. Describe Oscar Wilde’s background. Analyze how the author reflected his personality in the character of Dorian Gray. Convince your readers to accept your point of view. Propose examples from the book and the author’s biography.
🖐 25 More Topics to Persuade College Students
Here you can find a pleasant bonus from our team—25 more ideas to write about. You can use them not only for essays but also as persuasive speech topics for college.
So, take the benefit of our list of topics. Show an outstanding academic performance in the college.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Family
- A happy relationship should be based on trust and honesty.
- In small and big families, parents should treat their children equally.
- After giving birth, motherhood should become the primary concern of a woman’s life.
- Parents should be the most significant support for their kids when they are sad, confused, or lost in life.
- Children should take their retired parents to their home instead of the nursing home.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Health
- Physical activity is an effective way to prevent heart diseases.
- People should quit smoking .
- Mental health is not less important than physical health.
- Well-balanced nutrition is key to a healthy body.
- Taking care of general wellness should be everyone’s primary concern.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Medicine
- Strong pain killers should be sold by prescription only.
- Drug prices should be set ethically .
- Herbal medications are the safest.
- Self-medication is extremely dangerous, even in the case of a simple cold or an allergy.
- Differentiating various forms of medicines is essential . What is the working principle of a capsule, pill, syrup, etc.? Prove that the inappropriate application will not have an appropriate effect.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Sports
- Visiting a gym is extremely useful for our health .
- Physical education should be mandatory in high school.
- Extreme sports are only for professional athletes.
- The governments should invest enough money in the development of sports schools.
- Football is not only for boys. Women can create a successful football team, as well.
College Persuasive Essay Topics: Religion
- Discrimination by religion or culture should not be acceptable in modern society.
- Every person should have a right to choose a god or goddess to worship.
- The representatives of different religions should be tolerant of each other.
- The attitude towards wealth in Christianity differs from the perception of wealth in Islam.
- Any other religious representatives should not criticize the central beliefs of Judaism .
Thank you for visiting our page! We hope the information was useful to you. Don’t forget to leave your comments and share the article with other students.
- Persuasive Essays, Writing Resources, Hamilton College
- Persuasive Essay Outline: HCC Learning Web, Houston Community College
- 5 Tricks for Choosing Your College Essay Topic: Phoebe Bain, CollegeXpress Student Writer, Brandeis University
- Choosing a Topic for Your College Essay: Essay Writing Center, International Student
- Choosing College Essay Topics: Accepted
- 35 College Essay Prompts and Topics: Kayla Rutledge, SignUpGenius
- How to Write a College Essay: Kelly Mae Ross, Devon Haynie, and Josh Moody for U.S. News
- How To Answer the 2022-23 Common App Essay Prompts: College Essay Advisors
- Writing a Political Science Essay: Charles King, Georgetown University
- Writing a Paper about an Environmental Issue: Frederic Beaudry, ThoughtCo
- Evidence: The Writing Center, the University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill
- Introducing Quotations and Paraphrases: UNSW Current Students
- Guide to Essay Paragraph Structure: Academic Skills, Deakin Study Support
- How Do I Write an Intro, Conclusion, & Body Paragraph: College of Literature, Science, and Arts, University of Michigan
- Essay Writing Guide for Psychology Students: Saul McLeod, Simply Psychology
- Essay on Technology: Bartleby
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay: Writing Guides, Ultius
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
Top 257 Good Persuasive Essay Topics [Tips & Prompts]
150 Strong History Dissertation Topics to Write about
110 Original History Essay Questions: Examples and Topics
Ideas, Inspiration, and Giveaways for Teachers
We Are Teachers
60 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids and Teens
Use your words to sway the reader.
Persuasive writing is one of those skills that can help students succeed in real life. Persuasive essays are similar to argumentative , but they rely less on facts and more on emotion to sway the reader. It’s important to know your audience so you can anticipate any counterarguments they might make and try to overcome them. Try reading some mentor texts to show kids great examples of opinion writing. Then use these persuasive essay topics for practice.
School and Education Persuasive Essay Topics
Life and ethics persuasive essay topics, just for fun persuasive essay topics.
- Do you think homework should be required, optional, or not given at all?
- Students should/should not be able to use their phones during the school day.
- Should schools have dress codes?
- If I could change one school rule, it would be …
- Is year-round school a good idea?
- Should we stop giving final exams?
- Is it better to be good at academics or good at sports?
- Which is better, private schools or public schools?
- Should every student have to participate in athletics?
- Do you think schools should ban junk food from their cafeterias?
- Should students be required to volunteer in their communities?
- What is the most important school subject?
- Are letter grades helpful, or should we replace them with something else?
- Is it ever OK to cheat on homework or a test?
- Should students get to grade their teachers?
- Do you think college should be free for anyone who wants to attend?
- Should schools be allowed to ban some books from their libraries?
- Which is better, book smarts or street smarts?
- Should all students have to learn a foreign language?
- Are single-gender schools better or worse for students?
- Is it OK to eat animals?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- Visit an animal shelter, choose an animal that needs a home, and write an essay persuading someone to adopt that animal.
- Should we allow little kids to play competitive sports?
- Who faces more peer pressure, girls or boys?
- Should all Americans be required to vote?
- Is it better to be kind or truthful?
- Which is better, giving or receiving?
- Is it OK to keep animals in zoos?
- Should we change the minimum driving age in the United States?
- Which is more important, happiness or success?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is social media helpful or harmful?
- Which is better, reading books or watching TV?
- Should kids have set bedtimes or just go to bed when they’re sleepy?
- Do you think the government should find a way to provide free health care for everyone?
- Is it better to save your allowance or spend it?
- Should we ban plastic bags and bottles?
- Which is better, living in the city or in the country?
- If I could make a new law, it would be …
- Choose a book that’s been made into a movie. Which was better, the movie or the book?
- Who is the world’s best athlete, present or past?
- What’s the best holiday?
- Are professional athletes/musicians/actors overpaid?
- Which is better, fiction or nonfiction?
- The very best food of all time is …
- The best music genre is …
- What is one book that everyone should read?
- What new sport should be added to the Olympics?
- Which is better, artificial Christmas trees or real ones?
- What’s the best season of the year?
- Should you put ketchup on a hot dog?
- Is a taco a sandwich?
- Are clowns scary or funny?
- Which is more dangerous, werewolves or vampires?
- The best pizza topping is …
- What would be the best superpower to have?
- Should we still consider Pluto a planet?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What’s the best video game system?
What are your favorite persuasive essay topics for students? Come exchange ideas on the WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook .
Plus, check out the big list of essay topics for high school (100+ ideas) ..
Jill Staake is a Contributing Editor with WeAreTeachers. She has a degree in Secondary English Education and has taught in middle and high school classrooms. She's also done training and curriculum design for a financial institution and been a science museum educator. She currently lives in Tampa, Florida where she often works on her back porch while taking frequent breaks for bird-watching and gardening.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 great research paper topics.
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best topic for you.
In addition to the list of good research topics, we've included advice on what makes a good research paper topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a great paper.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Not all research paper topics are created equal, and you want to make sure you choose a great topic before you start writing. Below are the three most important factors to consider to make sure you choose the best research paper topics.
#1: It's Something You're Interested In
A paper is always easier to write if you're interested in the topic, and you'll be more motivated to do in-depth research and write a paper that really covers the entire subject. Even if a certain research paper topic is getting a lot of buzz right now or other people seem interested in writing about it, don't feel tempted to make it your topic unless you genuinely have some sort of interest in it as well.
#2: There's Enough Information to Write a Paper
Even if you come up with the absolute best research paper topic and you're so excited to write about it, you won't be able to produce a good paper if there isn't enough research about the topic. This can happen for very specific or specialized topics, as well as topics that are too new to have enough research done on them at the moment. Easy research paper topics will always be topics with enough information to write a full-length paper.
Trying to write a research paper on a topic that doesn't have much research on it is incredibly hard, so before you decide on a topic, do a bit of preliminary searching and make sure you'll have all the information you need to write your paper.
#3: It Fits Your Teacher's Guidelines
Don't get so carried away looking at lists of research paper topics that you forget any requirements or restrictions your teacher may have put on research topic ideas. If you're writing a research paper on a health-related topic, deciding to write about the impact of rap on the music scene probably won't be allowed, but there may be some sort of leeway. For example, if you're really interested in current events but your teacher wants you to write a research paper on a history topic, you may be able to choose a topic that fits both categories, like exploring the relationship between the US and North Korea. No matter what, always get your research paper topic approved by your teacher first before you begin writing.
113 Good Research Paper Topics
Below are 113 good research topics to help you get you started on your paper. We've organized them into ten categories to make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
- Discuss the main differences in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance .
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- How is sexism portrayed in different types of media (music, film, video games, etc.)? Has the amount/type of sexism changed over the years?
- How has the music of slaves brought over from Africa shaped modern American music?
- How has rap music evolved in the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- What have been the impacts of China's one child policy?
- How have the goals of feminists changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors contributed to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- What have been the impacts of states which have increased their minimum wage?
- How do US immigration laws compare to immigration laws of other countries?
- How have the US's immigration laws changed in the past few years/decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and view about racism in the US?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the US?
- What factors contributed to the UK deciding to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which tokenize the S&P 500 Index on the blockchain) .
- Do students in schools that eliminate grades do better in college and their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school get higher grades compared to when they weren't receiving a free meal?
- Do students who attend charter schools score higher on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- How does giving each student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method ?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- How does the US education system compare to education systems in other countries?
- What impact does mandatory physical education classes have on students' health?
- Which methods are most effective at reducing bullying in schools?
- Do homeschoolers who attend college do as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does offering tenure increase or decrease quality of teaching?
- How does college debt affect future life choices of students?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are different ways to lower gun-related deaths in the US?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is affirmative action still necessary in education and/or the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- How has stem cell research impacted the medical field?
- How can human trafficking be reduced in the United States/world?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Which types of juvenile punishment have proven most effective at preventing future crimes?
- Has the increase in US airport security made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from one another.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts have they experienced as a result?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the internet?
- Which methods/programs have been most effective at reducing teen pregnancy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes for losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the healthcare plans of various countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified foods?
- Which methods are most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to lower healthcare costs in the US?
- What factors contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic .
- Are low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- Which methods are most effective to get parents to vaccinate their children?
- What are the pros and cons of clean needle programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What were the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government's response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India ?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What were the successes and failures of the women's suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination impact the country and reconstruction after the Civil War?
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What led to Cleopatra's fall as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide ?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How did the sexual abuse scandal impact how people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the Catholic church's power changed over the past decades/centuries?
- What are the causes behind the rise in atheism/ agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha's life resulted in him becoming the Buddha?
- How has media portrayal of Islam/Muslims changed since September 11th?
- How has the earth's climate changed in the past few decades?
- How has the use and elimination of DDT affected bird populations in the US?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased in the past few decades.
- Analyze deforestation rates in a certain area or globally over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed water regulation safety?
- What are the pros and cons of fracking?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have NASA's biggest successes and failures been?
- How can we improve access to clean water around the world?
- Does ecotourism actually have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the US rely on nuclear energy more?
- What can be done to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has currently been made with artificial intelligence ?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is Google search affecting our intelligence?
- When is the best age for a child to begin owning a smartphone?
- Has frequent texting reduced teen literacy rates?
How to Write a Great Research Paper
Even great research paper topics won't give you a great research paper if you don't hone your topic before and during the writing process. Follow these three tips to turn good research paper topics into great papers.
#1: Figure Out Your Thesis Early
Before you start writing a single word of your paper, you first need to know what your thesis will be. Your thesis is a statement that explains what you intend to prove/show in your paper. Every sentence in your research paper will relate back to your thesis, so you don't want to start writing without it!
As some examples, if you're writing a research paper on if students learn better in same-sex classrooms, your thesis might be "Research has shown that elementary-age students in same-sex classrooms score higher on standardized tests and report feeling more comfortable in the classroom."
If you're writing a paper on the causes of the Civil War, your thesis might be "While the dispute between the North and South over slavery is the most well-known cause of the Civil War, other key causes include differences in the economies of the North and South, states' rights, and territorial expansion."
#2: Back Every Statement Up With Research
Remember, this is a research paper you're writing, so you'll need to use lots of research to make your points. Every statement you give must be backed up with research, properly cited the way your teacher requested. You're allowed to include opinions of your own, but they must also be supported by the research you give.
#3: Do Your Research Before You Begin Writing
You don't want to start writing your research paper and then learn that there isn't enough research to back up the points you're making, or, even worse, that the research contradicts the points you're trying to make!
Get most of your research on your good research topics done before you begin writing. Then use the research you've collected to create a rough outline of what your paper will cover and the key points you're going to make. This will help keep your paper clear and organized, and it'll ensure you have enough research to produce a strong paper.
Are you also learning about dynamic equilibrium in your science class? We break this sometimes tricky concept down so it's easy to understand in our complete guide to dynamic equilibrium .
Thinking about becoming a nurse practitioner? Nurse practitioners have one of the fastest growing careers in the country, and we have all the information you need to know about what to expect from nurse practitioner school .
Want to know the fastest and easiest ways to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius? We've got you covered! Check out our guide to the best ways to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa).
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
These recommendations are based solely on our knowledge and experience. If you purchase an item through one of our links, PrepScholar may receive a commission.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
Persuasive Essay Guide
Persuasive Essay Topics
Best Persuasive Essay Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
12 min read
Published on: Jul 17, 2018
Last updated on: Feb 6, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Students face a lot of academic assignments in their high school and college. Similarly, writing a persuasive essay is an inevitable part of academic writing.
However, selecting the right essay topic is more tiring and nerve-racking for students than writing the actual essay. It is the first step to attract the target audience and improve the overall performance and grade.
The following skills will help you brainstorm some impressive essay topics for a persuasive essay.
- Reading and comprehension
- Research and analysis
- Critical thinking
These elements are required to select a subject by identifying the opposing arguments. It will also help you convince the audience about your viewpoint.
Nevertheless, there are cases when you get stuck at the stage of choosing a topic. This is where the professional help of MyPerfectWords.com comes in.
Our qualified essay writers have collected some impressive ideas for your essay. Check out these examples of persuasive essay topics.
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Follow the below-given steps to choose good persuasive essay topics.
1. Consider Your Interest
The first step of your exceptional persuasive writing is to choose a topic of your interest. You can talk about the issue more convincingly if you are personally concerned about it. Similarly, your research and writing skills will be better because you are more informed on the topic.
It is because the primary purpose of this academic paper is to convince the readers about your opinion using evidence. Thus, there is no point in persuading the audience about the matter you are not sure or convinced.
2. Narrow It Down
Choosing broad topic ideas for persuasive essays can cause confusion as you will have to struggle a lot to find the information. Therefore, narrowing down your focus on a single aspect will make your persuasive speeches easy to handle.
3. Talk About Controversy
There are always a few people who have a different opinion regarding some controversy. It does not mean that you have to talk opposite to the general trend.
You can just share your opinion, ensuring that it is logical and makes sense.
4. Pick the Stance You Agree With
Make sure you choose persuasive argument topics with two potential sides. Because writing a persuasive essay aims to persuade the readers regarding some specific stance.
For this, you need to be careful while picking the stance for your essay. If you select the side you don’t agree to; you will not be able to convince your audience about it.
5. Find Strong Evidence and Examples
Conduct in-depth research to find strong evidence and examples to back up your side. Use both primary and secondary sources to collect different points of view, facts, and statistics. It will make your study more compelling and impressive.
6. Avoid Common Pitfalls
When coming up with a topic, many students think about whether their professors will like it or not. Overthinking these aspects doesn't help you choose the essay topic wisely.
Instead, try to be creative and choose persuasive writing topics you are most passionate about or wish to write on.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Below is a list of some good persuasive essay ideas according to different grade levels and subjects.
Persuasive Essay Topics for University Students
- Why are lawyers paid too much? Give reasons.
- Who is responsible for stray dogs?
- Why is censorship of the internet necessary?
- Is technology a distraction or a bonus?
- Privacy Vs. Security. Which one do you prefer?
- Discuss the positive aspects of rivalry.
- Online education vs. traditional schooling. Which one is better?
- Are vaccinations linked to autism?
- Is it important to change and revise the state’s welfare system?
- Why must there be some limits to freedom of speech?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Why should colleges ban the use of mobile phones on campus premises?
- Immigration challenges can easily be solved by fencing the borders. How?
- Why must sociopaths and psychopaths be sentenced to death?
- Why should parents keep a check on children’s internet activities?
- How does feminism devalue motherhood?
- Kids’ cartoons must be scrutinized for inappropriate content. Discuss.
- Discuss why traditional classes are better than distant learning?
- How banning weapons production can reduce terrorist activities across the globe?
- Discuss why female students should take part in wrestling and boxing?
- What is the best age for driving a car?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Time management leads to a successful career. Explain how?
- How does listening to music while working helps improve the focus?
- Pursuing one's hobby as a career ensures success. Elaborate on the concept.
- Discuss how dressing depicts the personality of an individual.
- Joining the army should be a choice and not a compulsion for young people. Discuss.
- How dealing with embarrassing moments in life builds the confidence of the individual?
- Why are argumentative paper assignments a waste of time?
- Why should the tax rate be higher for rich people in the United States? Give reasons.
- Modern youth cannot survive without social networks. Why?
- How to overcome fear and anxiety?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- Why should parents pay children for household chores?
- Why is participation in school sports mandatory for all students?
- Why should soda drinks not be served in school cafeterias?
- Fast food should not be a part of the school meal menu. Discuss why.
- Why can war never bring positive outcomes?
- Why should every student have a pet?
- Should students be taught to earn and donate money?
- Should advertisement boards not be allowed on the school premises?
- Why is the security of human beings more important than their privacy?
- Video games are a way of learning. How?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Why must mobile phones be banned during class lectures?
- Discuss productive ways to spend your money.
- Schools should ban junk meals. Discuss reasons.
- Moving from a small village to a large city is necessary for an ambitious family. Why?
- Which is the best TV show ever?
- Discuss the elements of true friendship.
- Should families spend more time together?
- What important issues parents should explain to their children?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating sweets?
- Should there be a proper uniform for the students?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Why should we eat more fruits and vegetables?
- Going to bed early is important for your health. Explain why.
- What are the benefits of donating blood?
- Discuss the pros and cons of summer classes.
- Are cell phones dangerous to your health?
- How does healthy eating prevents disease?
- Discuss the pros and cons of cheerleading.
- What are the ways to improve school lunches?
- Why should you vaccinate your indoor cat?
- Why must prayers in schools be mandatory for everyone?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Why must college students be rewarded for getting good grades?
- Less amount homework should be assigned to 6th-grade students. Explain why.
- Why do people in society use recycled products?
- Together we can save the world from global warming. Discuss how?
- What are the ways to control child obesity?
- Analyze how the government is responsible for the welfare of citizens.
- The safety of the nation is more important than its privacy. Explain.
- Living in a rural area or living in an urban area. Which one is better?
- Are digital books replacing physical books?
- School days should finish earlier. Why?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Is a male leader better than a female leader?
- Should babysitters take parenting classes?
- Explain why children who read more have good writing skills?
- Should teaching etiquettes be a part of lesson planning?
- Should kids have more time to relax at home after school?
- Kids should not be given too much money. Why?
- Why must every individual be allowed to learn a foreign language?
- Why should we stop the production of nuclear weapons to have more peace?
- Why should we grow more vegetables and fruits at home?
- Discuss why the gym class is more important in contrast to the music class.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Should students have a 3-day weekend?
- Should school athletes be paid for playing?
- Should Marijuana be made legal for medicinal purposes?
- Why should illegal immigrants be allowed to get a driving license?
- Why do computer notebooks and tablets replace course textbooks?
- Why should boys and girls not be in separate classes?
- Should every state have a free health care system for citizens?
- All cities must offer free public WiFi. Discuss.
- Why should people not be allowed to keep wild animals as pets?
- Should sex education be taught in both public and private schools?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 10
- Should the driving age be lowered to 14?
- Police should not chase a car. Why?
- Sports cars and bikes are dangerous. Give reasons.
- Discuss why the driving test should be free.
- Introverts make good leaders. Discuss how?
- People should never go into business with family members. Give reasons why?
- Is it prohibited to burn flags and banners?
- Money cannot buy love or happiness. Evaluate the concept.
- Discuss why cats are better pets than dogs.
- Critically analyze why teachers should pass a basic exam to get jobs?
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why do most people use public transport for traveling purposes?
- Pollution is affecting the ozone layer. How?
- Why should we use disposable diapers?
- Is it important to keep the environment clean?
- Why should female workers have the same salary as male workers?
- Is it unethical to eat meat?
- Explain why children should not watch horror movies.
- Fairy tales are good for kids. Discuss.
- How is parental pressure on children dangerous?
- Why should men not wear pink?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should gay marriages not be allowed?
- A man is the product of society, not nature. Discuss.
- Why should the American legal system support discrimination against minorities?
- Should sex education be a must for younger teenagers?
- Why is the Internet not safe for young children?
- Should children be allowed to drive?
- Dating in the workplace should not be allowed. Why?
- Should euthanasia be legalized for terminally ill patients?
- Why should children be separated from abusive parents?
- Why should repeat offenders be charged with the death penalty?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- How bad decisions make a person wise?
- Why is adult life more difficult than teenage life?
- Vegetarians do not care much about animals. Analyze the concept.
- Why are fathers a better option to be friends than mothers?
- Never add your parents as friends on social media accounts. Why?
- Explain why men should not be judged for wearing pink.
- How do pets see their owners?
- Discuss the reasons why people hate Monday.
- How can AutoCorrect ruin your life?
- Why are crushes so fun to have?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Animal sports, including race or fighting, are immoral. Evaluate.
- Bodybuilding is risky for women. Why?
- How do energy drinks impact the performance of athletes?
- Are women better dancers and swimmers as compared to men?
- Athletes are born, not trained. Elaborate on the concept.
- Is practicing sports the best way of relieving stress?
- Men are more prone to injuries during sports events than females. Why?
- Badminton or Tennis? Which one is better?
- Why is swimming so good for you?
- What is the reality of WWE?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Why should hunting be banned?
- Is poaching illegal?
- Are microchipping stray and pet animals unethical?
- Should animal testing be banned across the globe?
- Why should beauty goods not be tested on animals?
- How do animals survive extremely cold conditions?
- Why are pets good for kids?
- Why do snakes make great pets?
- Why should we save endangered species?
- Why is pet health care so expensive?
Crime and Law Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should guns not be allowed on college campuses?
- Every individual has a right to privacy. Discuss.
- Should the death penalty be banned?
- Recreational marijuana should not be legalized. Give reasons.
- How do offenders of domestic violence tend to become terrorists?
- Discuss the causes of police brutality.
- Explain the concepts of policing and social order.
- What are the causes of victimization?
- Discuss parental abduction laws.
- Discuss the history of corporal punishment.
Environment Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Do human beings cause climate change?
- How does industrialization cause global warming?
- Why should recycling be mandatory?
- What are the pros and cons of alternative fuels?
- Why do we need to protect the rainforest?
- Should plastic bags be banned?
- How do microbes benefit human health?
- How can natural resources be conserved?
- What are the impacts of oil spills on marine life?
- Should palm oil be banned?
Health-Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Healthcare should be free of cost. Why?
- Why is obesity the major source of increasing death rates?
- Should restaurants display nutrition values on their menu cards?
- How can diabetes affect a person at work?
- Why is too much salt bad for you?
- Why should people care more about sleep?
- What are the effects of drinking too much soda?
- Is toothpaste actually healthy?
- Discuss the effects of diet pills and supplements.
- How do high drug prices affect patients?
These topics will help you write perfect persuasive or argumentative essays to impress your instructor.
Get Professional Help from a Persuasive Essay Writer
If you need more interesting persuasive paper topics, get professional essay writing help from a professional writer.
Due to a lack of resources, most students take help from a cheap and unreliable service. Such online scams provide you nothing but a low-quality essay. Thus, make sure you are choosing a professional service to get an A grade.
MyPerfectWords.com provides persuasive essay writing service that can help you with your academics.
By choosing our online essay writer , you don’t have to worry about getting zero plagiarism and an original essay. As soon as you make an initial payment, we will assign a subject specialist for your assignment.
Similarly, we offer all our services at budget-friendly rates. Remember, your first essay with us is absolutely free.
Our persuasive essay writer will not only assist in selecting a topic but will also compose your essay.
Thus, MyPerfectWords.com is the answer to your problems. Place your order now to get your essay in less time and effort.
Caleb S. (Literature, Marketing)
Caleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.
People also read
How to Write a Persuasive Essay - Step by Step Guide
Learn How to Create a Persuasive Essay Outline
32 Persuasive Essay Examples to Help You Get Started
Read These Examples & Write Impressive Persuasive Essay About Gun Control
Write the Best Persuasive Essay About Covid19 With Examples & Tips
Crafting a Convincing Persuasive Essay About Abortion
Learn to Write Persuasive Essay About Business With Examples and Tips
Check Out 12 Persuasive Essay About Online Education Examples
Persuasive Essay About Smoking - Making a Powerful Argument with Examples
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
- Services Paper editing services Paper proofreading Business papers Philosophy papers Write my paper Term papers for sale Term paper help Academic term papers Buy research papers College writing services Paper writing help Student papers Original term papers Research paper help Nursing papers for sale Psychology papers Economics papers Medical papers Blog
200+ Persuasive Research Paper Topics For Outstanding Paper
Persuasive writing is an important part of academic writing at high school and college-level education. The hardest part about this type of paper is not the research and writing but finding the right persuasive research paper topics. The challenge with these papers is to make them as interesting as possible for the reader. Additionally, the topic should be of interest to the students themselves so that they can be persuasive enough to make the reader understand their point of view.
Essentially, topics for persuasive research papers should be ones that people have clearly opposite opinions about. Then, the student must take a stance and persuade the reader to accept it. Therefore, the topics chosen should be such that one can get a lot of data, information, data and existing literature to back up your argument. With good topics for persuasive paper, you can write a strong document that makes it easy to convince the reader that your viewpoint is correct.
If you are struggling with finding a topic that has the above-mentioned features, then here are 233 trending persuasive research paper topics for students to get you started:
Persuasive Research Paper Topics Middle School
Here is a list of persuasive paper topics that are simple and perfectly suited for middle school students to write good essays.
- Should children be paid to do household chores?
- Participation in sports must be compulsory for all school students.
- Sodas should be banned in school cafeterias.
- Students should be given more nutritious meals instead of fast food in the cafeteria
- Should schools make uniforms mandatory?
- Prayer meetings in school do not cater to students from all religious backgrounds.
- Should the school curriculum include lessons about religion?
- Why every child must have a pet
- Parents should encourage students to earn their pocket money/ allowance.
- Video games help develop important skills. Elaborate.
- Bullies are often troubled individuals.
- Should you tell your parents or teachers about being bullied?
- War never brings about any positive outcome.
- Should middle school students be encouraged to take up volunteer work?
- Why is teaching empathy towards animals important?
- Advertisement boards must not be allowed on school premises.
- Physical fitness should be a part of the curriculum. Write for or against.
- Students should be encouraged to learn foreign languages in school.
- Learning math in school is very important.
- Are exams the best way to judge a student’s potential?
- Learning in classes versus learning online. Which one is better?
- Homework and assignments should be more project-based and hands-on.
- Teachers play an important role in disciplining students.
- Gadget and TV time must be limited by parents.
- Participating in extracurricular activities is important.
- You can learn important life skills from your peers.
- Students must be encouraged to write more than type out their assignments.
- Finding reference material online or going to the library for research. Which is better?
- Should students be encouraged to donate money?
- The most meaningful way to spend one’s exam.
- Students should be supervised by teachers during exams.
- The school bus is the best mode of transport for students.
- Students have become lazier because of the internet.
- Are school trips a good thing or a bad thing?
- Students should be taught about diverse cultures in middle school.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics For High School Students
Persuasive research paper topics for high school students should encourage critical thinking. Here is a list of some of the best topics that let them expand their research and get a lot of data to back up their argument.
- Should students have homework during holidays and weekends?
- Mobile phones should not be permitted on school campuses.
- Participating in family get-togethers is important.
- Carrying packed lunch is better than eating at the cafeteria.
- Privacy is important.
- High school students must not have girlfriends and boyfriends.
- Your time on the internet should always be supervised.
- High school students should not be allowed to have social media accounts.
- Bullying becomes more severe in high school.
- High school students should be allowed to wear casual attire to school.
- Male and female students can be on par in all academic subjects.
- Laptops should not be encouraged at school.
- Should high school students participate in activities like Black Lives Matter movement?
- Racism is a subject that must be addressed in high school.
- Sex education for teens is important
- Girls should be taught about menstrual health and hygiene in school.
- Career awareness workshops at the high school level are important.
- Students in high school should be taught about mental health.
- Materialistic things like cell phones, laptops, and tabs don’t matter.
- Completing a college degree opens better opportunities in the future.
- Art appreciation is important for youngsters.
- Hip-hop music sends out a bad message to the youth. Do you agree or disagree?
- Online tests are better than traditional tests.
- The most productive way to spend your money.
- Should cell phones during lectures be banned?
- Your favorite TV show ever.
- The top traits of a good friend according to you.
- Should you move from a small town to a big city to become successful?
- One important issue that every parent must talk to their children about.
- Summer classes are beneficial. Agree or disagree?
- Suggestions to improve food in the school cafeteria.
- The current grading system needs to undergo changes.
- One important subject that should be included in the school curriculum.
- Parents should control what children watch on TV.
- The government is responsible completely for the welfare of its people.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics For College Assignments
Good topics for persuasive papers for college students are ones that help them think about society, values, and even current trending events. After all, the next step for you is entering the real world and finding your career path.
- Have digital books completely replaced physical books?
- Do you prefer to read a book or listen to an audiobook?
- Together we can find solutions for global warming.
- Childhood obesity is a real threat today.
- Is bitcoin a good investment plan?
- Written assignments help you learn your subject better.
- Every citizen above the age of 18 should vote.
- Democracy is incomplete unless we have better voter turnouts.
- Being a YouTuber is a real career.
- Chase your dreams or complete a degree first that you can have something to fall back on. What do you prefer?
- Why do you think the field of study you have chosen is important?
- One man with a vision can drive change in society.
- Living in a rural area versus living in an urban area. Which one is better?
- Is global warming real or a media hype?
- Taking a student loan or work part-time to cover your fee. Your choice.
- At what age should children move out of their parents’ house?
- People who read more have better writing skills. Do you agree?
- Is cheerleading a good thing or a bad thing?
- Should college-level athletics get more support and funding?
- Are sports scholarships fair?
- There should be more emphasis on using recycled products.
- Should the amount of homework assigned to students be reduced?
- Making drugs illegal will not solve the issue of consumption. Present your views on this subject.
- Drinking casually is the gateway to substance abuse. Do you agree or not?
- Drug addiction is a disease. Support or Dismiss this statement with relevant facts.
- Classroom education prepares you for the real professional world.
- Are nuclear weapons the answer to world peace?
- Homegrown fresh produce versus produce you buy at stores. Which one is a better choice?
- Should arts be mandatory for college students?
- Kids today are given too much money. Do you think so?
- A lot of work goes into lesson planning and teaching. Present your arguments.
- Top skills that students must develop in college.
- Coaching and tuition after school are not necessary for good grades.
- Good grades are not necessary for a bright career. Agree or disagree?
- Getting into Ivy League colleges is the only way to be successful.
Psychology Persuasive Research Paper Topics
The world of psychology is shrouded in taboo and misconceptions. Here is a list of psychology persuasive research paper topics that will help you write interesting papers.
- Every top organization should dedicate funds for the mental well-being of its employees.
- Does the current work situation lead to mental health issues?
- Counseling and therapy should be covered by your insurance.
- Most teens and youngsters are victims of apathy.
- Trainers and coaches have an impact on the psychology of the team.
- Decisions should not be made on the basis of religious choices.
- Parents have a strong impact on the psychological well-being of children.
- It is impossible to get over any form of abuse during childhood. Do you agree?
- Emotional discomfort is one of the biggest effects of social media.
- People today are less capable of managing emotional stress.
- It is harder to maintain relationships in the current world.
- Media has a strong impact on the minds of people.
- The fashion industry is responsible for body image issues. Do you agree or disagree?
- You cannot be body-shamed if you don’t want to be.
- Mental health education should begin in primary school.
- Teachers should be taught how to identify and handle mental health issues.
- There must be more accessible to suicide prevention support.
- Children from troubled homes tend to have mental health issues.
- Classes like meditation should be introduced in school to help children cope with stress.
- Too much competition is the cause of emotional distress.
- Giving students a three-day weekend is good for their mental health.
- Better nutrition supports better cognitive health.
- Children with learning disabilities should have separate schools.
- New parents-to-be should be educated on child development issues.
- Developing technology is the cause of declining mental health.
- Oversharing information on social media can cause issues in relationships.
- Everybody needs to feel a sense of belonging.
- Peer pressure on youngsters is higher than it ever was before.
Persuasive Research Paper Topics For Marketing
Persuasive research paper topics for marketing talk about the current trends in marketing and advertising and discuss if they are the right way to go for society in general.
- Food companies never actually offer what they advertise.
- When preparing advertisements, creators should make some psychological considerations.
- Advertisement and marketing is too aggressive in today’s world.
- Women are more likely to buy products based on advertisements when compared to men.
- Print and broadcast journalism have replaced news holes with marketing.
- Marketing strategies are killed by taxation on products.
- Digital marketing is more effective than traditional marketing.
- Market research is a must to start any business.
- Does banning advertising of tobacco products prevent people from pursuing the habit?
- Cold emailing is still the best way to convert potential customers.
- Long-term and short-term goals are a must for any new business.
- Online selling is better than selling products from a physical store.
- Online marketing has opened up more entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Entrepreneurs should invest most of their capital in marketing.
- Outdoor marketing is still one of the best options to get the attention of customers.
- Using cookies to get customer data is an invasion of privacy.
- There must be restrictions on telemarketing calls placed to customers.
- Social media is the best form of marketing.
- Digital marketing has made it easier to sell below-par products and services.
- There should be censorship on advertisements that are run on TV and other platforms.
- Marketing is vital to make a business successful.
- Word of mouth is still the best form of marketing.
- Every student should be taught basic marketing principles at college.
- Advertisements on men’s products often objectify women.
- Advertisements give buyers unrealistic goals.
Call To Action Persuasive Paper Topics
Call to action persuasive paper topics give the reader something to act upon. It almost provides a solution for a problem and persuades the reader to follow through.
- Adopt an animal to prevent euthanization at animal shelters.
- Recycle your plastic more often to contribute to a better planet.
- Being involved in your child’s education helps them secure better career opportunities.
- Reading books helps you build life skills.
- Listening to music is the best way to manage stress
- Cut down on alcohol consumption to improve your immunity.
- The pandemic is a great opportunity to pick up new skills.
- Following traffic rules makes the roads safer.
- Choosing a hybrid car reduces your carbon footprint.
- Following a nutritious diet is the best way to prevent health issues in the future.
- Home-cooked meals for kids are the best way to reduce the chances of childhood obesity.
- Boycott circuses that use animals to prevent abuse.
- Promoting the use of hands-free cell phones is important.
- Why you should not support brands that test products on animals.
- Educating yourself and your family about different cultures helps reduce racist comments or views.
- Presenting yourself better at the workplace improves your confidence.
- Teach your children how to cook, irrespective of gender.
- Eating fruits and vegetables is a great way to survive the pandemic.
- Avoid the consumption of energy drinks for a healthier lifestyle.
- Do not set beauty standards for yourself based on fashion magazines.
- Choose the content that you consume wisely.
- Everybody needs medical insurance.
- Always take pride in your ethnicity and roots.
- Speak up when someone is wronged in front of you.
- Avoid downloading pirated music and support the artists instead.
History Persuasive Research Paper Topics
Persuasive paper topics on history are among the best ones to understand how historical events have affected modern society and policies. They are also extremely interesting as you can get a lot of trivia, data, and information about them.
- The history of Native Americans is a tragic and oppressive one
- American comic books have influenced design and illustration as we know it today.
- Jawaharlal Nehru played a pivotal role in the Indian Independence.
- Martin Luther King’s speech set the stage for the progress of Black people.
- Dinosaurs really existed on the Earth.
- John F Kennedy’s assassination was the result of all the scandals.
- The Great Wall of China played a significant role in the history of the country.
- Losing a historical monument is like losing a piece of history.
- Your favorite part of the Viking Age.
- The Renaissance is responsible for the progress of contemporary art.
- Was the Nuclear Age important for human civilization?
- The most significant contribution of Romanticism to modern art and literature.
- Reasons for the decline of any empire of your choice.
- Mahatma Gandhi contributed significantly to World Peace.
- Why did the power of the Mongol Empire fall?
- Is the Ottoman Empire significant in modern society?
- Mankind has learned its most painful lessons from the World Wars.
- The World Wars were responsible for several technological advancements.
- The relationship between Europeans and colonialism.
- The main reasons for apartheid in South Africa.
- Why the history of Jamaica is very rich.
- How nuclear weapons contributed to the power of certain countries.
- Significant events that influenced the relationship between the US and China.
- Ancient conquests have taught us some important lessons.
- Hitler: The most viscous dictator of all time.
- The history of cuisines tells you a lot about the history of a particular region.
- Studying history in school improves your worldview.
Persuasive Paper Topics on Cyber Security
These are good persuasive paper topics as they are very relevant in the modern world. These subjects are trending and will also get you a lot of reactions from the writers.
- Biometrics are a great way to improve cyber security
- Security management in organizations requires stricter policies.
- The Internet of Things comes with several privacy issues.
- Is cloud computing really secure?
- Cyber security depends on human-based behavior.
- Children under the age of 18 should not be allowed to access the internet without supervision.
- The best antivirus company in the world
- Apps have a strong impact on mobile platform security.
- Schools must suspend students who partake in cyberbullying.
- There must be stricter policies to monitor the age of users on social media.
- Big data is a violation of privacy
- It is safe to store your credit card information on online platforms.
- Online shopping makes you vulnerable to cybercrime.
- Texting platforms that use the internet are unsafe.
- Why you should never share your personal information through texts and emails.
- Cybersecurity audits should be conducted more frequently
- Companies should invest more in better solutions to encrypt viruses.
- How can viruses be encrypted?
- The most effective remedies for ransomware.
- Cyber war is going to be a real thing in the future.
- Social media is the reason for perpetuating hate for communities.
- Discussing politics online is not safe.
- We are more vulnerable to crime because of our browsing habits.
If you still need writing assistance with your persuasive essay, you can get in touch with a qualified expert today. We will help you create high-quality, plagiarism-free articles at the best prices. Just get in touch with us, post your requirements online and we will assign a professional writer to help you complete your assignment.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2013-2023 MyPaperDone.com
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Your Trusted Advisors for Admissions Success
Admissions and test prep resources to help you get into your dream schools
110 Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics to Impress Your Audience
Learn how to give an impressive persuasive speech and explore our comprehensive list of persuasive speech ideas .
What makes a good persuasive speech topic, how to create and deliver a compelling persuasive speech, 110 interesting persuasive speech topics, introduction .
Are you having a hard time coming up with the right persuasive speech topic? One that isn’t boring or cliche? Are you looking for a persuasive speech topic that will both interest you and captivate your audience? It’s easier said than done, right?
Creating and delivering an interesting persuasive speech is a major endeavor. The last thing you want is to get stuck on the first step—selecting a persuasive speech topic. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. To help you identify the perfect persuasive speech topic for you, we’ve compiled a list of 110 compelling persuasive speech ideas. Every single one of these ideas has the potential to be an outstanding persuasive speech.
In addition, we’ll peel back the curtain to teach you what makes a good persuasive speech topic and give you expert tips on delivering a successful persuasive speech that will convince and astound your audience.
Want to know exactly what it takes to get into America’s most selective colleges?
Get the free 110-page guide we use to help our students routinely get admitted to schools like Harvard, Yale, and Stanford: How to Get Into America’s Elite Colleges: The Ultimate Guide
100% privacy. No spam. Ever.
Thank you! Your guide is on its way. In the meantime, please let us know how we can help you crack the college admissions code . You can also learn more about our 1-on-1 college admissions support here .
There are three questions you can use to determine which persuasive speech topics will lead to enthusiastic applause and standing ovations.
Does the persuasive speech topic interest you?
A major part of writing a persuasive speech is doing ample research on the subject you choose. So one of the first things you should ask yourself when considering a potential persuasive speech topic is, “Would I enjoy learning about this subject extensively?” If you can’t answer that question with an emphatic, “Yes!” you might want to continue your topic search. You don’t want to spend hours diving into a subject you don’t enjoy.
Plus, an audience can easily pick up on boredom or lack of interest in a persuasive speech, and you clearly don’t want that. On the other hand, if you’re explaining a subject you’re passionate about, your audience will get caught up in your excitement—resulting in a much more compelling and persuasive speech.
Here’s another word of advice. Some people will tell you to pick a persuasive speech topic you’re already an expert in, and that’s certainly one way to go about it. While we won’t tell you being an expert in the subject should be your top deciding factor, this approach has its advantages—you’re already familiar with the lingo and the basics of the subject are. This helps you significantly speed up your research process. But if you have the time and willingness to tackle an entirely unfamiliar subject that utterly fascinates you, we say go for it!
Will the persuasive speech topic interest your audience?
So you’ve found a few persuasive speech topics that interest you. But what about your audience? Do they share your interest? Even if you argue your points with enthusiasm, will they be bored by your subject?
To answer these questions, you have to understand your audience well. Study them to learn what grabs their attention. What do they care about? What topics are relatable to their lives or their communities? What subjects will they be more likely to get emotionally invested in?
When you find persuasive speech topics that equally interest you and your audience, you’re setting yourself up for success.
Has the persuasive speech topic been covered too many times?
This is the last question you should ask yourself before committing to your persuasive speech topic. Has this topic been overdone? Even if your audience is invested in the subject, they’ll be quickly bored if they’ve listened to ten similar speeches prior to hearing yours. You won’t be persuasive if your listeners can predict each of your arguments before you give them.
Instead, search for persuasive speech topics that are unique and fresh—something your audience hasn’t heard a hundred times before. The one exception to this is if you can approach an overworked topic with a completely fresh and unusual perspective. For example, maybe you can approach the gun control debate as someone whose friend died from an accidental shooting, but your family still owns guns and enjoys hunting as a pastime.
Once you’ve chosen your persuasive speech topic (our list of 110 riveting persuasive speech ideas is coming next!) and completed your research on the subject, you’ll begin the writing process. Use this step-by-step approach to produce an outstanding speech that easily persuades your audience to adopt your viewpoint.
Determine your thesis. What opinion or belief are you convincing your audience to embrace? Are you asking them to take a specific action after listening to your speech? Just as you do when writing a college essay , make sure your thesis or call-to-action is crystal clear before you start writing.
Organize your main arguments. Create an outline of the evidence or points you’ve collected to support your thesis. Make sure your ideas flow logically into each other and build your case.
Support your arguments with facts and examples. You’ll want to use multiple sources for your evidence, with a preference for well-known or reputable sources. (Please don’t cite Wikipedia!) You can also get personal by using anecdotes from your own life or the lives of someone close to you. This will increase your persuasive speech’s impact.
Add emotional connections with your audience. Make your argument more powerful by appealing to your audience’s sense of nostalgia and common beliefs. Another tactic (which marketers use all the time) is to appeal to your listeners’ fears and rely on their instincts for self-preservation.
Address counterarguments. Rather than waiting for your audience to think up objections to the points you make, do it yourself. Then dispute those objections with additional facts, examples, and anecdotes.
Wrap up your persuasive speech with a strong conclusion. In your closing, restate your thesis, tug on your audience’s heartstrings one last time with an emotional connection, and deliver your decisive call to action.
Now that you have a strongly written persuasive speech, your final task is this: practice, practice, and practice some more! We guarantee your delivery won’t be perfect on your first attempt. But on your tenth or fifteenth, it just might be.
Record yourself delivering your persuasive speech so you can play it back and analyze your areas needing improvement. Are your pauses too long or not long enough? Did you sufficiently emphasize your emotional points? Are your anecdotes coming out naturally? How is your body language? What about your hand movements and eye contact?
When you’re feeling more comfortable, deliver your speech to a friend or family member and ask for feedback. This will put your public speaking skills to the test. Ensure they understood your main points, connected emotionally, and had all their objections answered. Once you’ve fine tuned your persuasive speech based on your warm-up audience’s feedback, you’ll be ready for the real thing.
Now for the fun part! We’ve compiled a list of 110 persuasive speech topics—broken down by category—for you to choose from or use as inspiration. Use the set of three questions we shared above to determine which of these interesting persuasive speech topics is right for you.
Art, Media, and Culture
Should tattoos still be considered “unprofessional”?
Do romantic movies and books glorify an unrealistic idea of love and lead to heartbreak?
Should offensive and inappropriate language be removed from classic literature?
Does watching TV shows or movies about teenage suicide encourage it or prevent it?
Is creating films and documentaries about criminals glorifying them and inspiring some to become criminals themselves?
Should art and music therapy be prioritized over traditional talk therapy?
College and Career
Should the cost of college be reduced?
Are income-share agreements better for students than taking out student loans?
Should college athletes be paid like professional athletes are?
Are same-sex colleges beneficial or antiquated?
Should everyone go to college?
What are the benefits of taking a gap year before starting college?
Would removing tenure and job-protection from professors improve or reduce the quality of higher education?
Has the traditional college model become outdated in the age of the Internet?
Should you pursue a career based on your passions or a career based on earning potential?
Economy and Work
Should the federal minimum wage be increased?
Is the boom of e-commerce harmful or beneficial to small communities?
Should everyone receive paid maternity and paternity leave?
Is capitalism a harmful or beneficial economic system?
Should manufacturing and outsourced work be moved back to the United States?
Would three-day weekends increase work productivity?
Should working from home be the new standard?
Why should we pay more to support small businesses and services instead of going to large companies and retailers?
Should the US establish mandatory military service for all its young people, such as the countries of Israel and South Korea do?
Should there be a mandatory retirement age?
Should classes about mental health and wellness be added to school curriculum?
At what age or grade should sex education be taught in schools?
How can sex education be taught more effectively?
Should school funding be dependent on taxes of district residents or should all schools receive an equal amount of funding from the state?
What are the benefits of year-round schools?
Are charter schools hurting or helping low-income communities?
Is homeschooling beneficial or harmful to children?
Should students on the Autism spectrum be integrated into regular classrooms?
What should be the qualifications for books to be banned from schools?
Should advanced math classes in high school be replaced with more practical courses on financial literacy and understanding taxes?
Are grades an accurate representation of learning?
Should we switch to the metric system?
What is the most important book every high school student in America should read?
What are the benefits of teaching art and music classes in high school?
Should independent learning be offered as a larger option in high school?
What are the benefits of making preschool free to all families?
Environment and Conservation
Should fuel-run vehicles be banned?
How does it benefit nature to reduce human paper consumption?
Should it be okay to own exotic animals as pets?
Should hunting be made illegal?
What is the biggest current threat to the environment and how would you suggest we remedy it?
Should disposable diapers be banned?
Should zoos and animal theme parks (such as Sea World) be closed?
Family and Religion
Should children have the right to virtual and physical privacy from their parents?
“It takes a village to raise a child.” How important is a community in raising children?
Is it better for a young child to attend daycare or stay home with a parent?
Should children be told to believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy?
Nature vs. nurture—which is the most powerful influence on a person’s character?
Should parents have to give approval in order for their minor children to receive birth control?
How does learning about family ancestors impact you in the present and future?
Should parents teach their kids about sex or is it the responsibility of the school system?
What is the most beneficial parenting style and why?
Should cults receive protection under freedom of religion?
What are the benefits of belonging to a religious community?
Should parents force their children to go to church or let them decide for themselves?
Government and International Relations
Should states have the ability to secede from the U.S.?
Should Puerto Rico be added as a state to the U.S.?
How long should judges serve on the Supreme Court?
Should the U.S. have open borders?
Should the U.S. get involved when leaders of other countries commit human rights violations against their own people?
Is the U.S. overly dependent on manufactured goods and imports from other countries?
Should the government focus on increasing revenue or reducing spending?
Health and Medicine
Should universal health care be freely given to everyone?
Should soda and candy be banned from school campuses?
Should tobacco products be completely banned in America?
Is a plant-based diet better than a meat-based diet?
Should addiction counseling and treatment be covered by health insurance?
Would taxing fast food help combat obesity?
Should we ban all genetically modified foods?
What would be the benefits of making all birth control methods (e.g. condoms, the pill) free of charge?
Should homeopathic and alternative medical treatments be covered by health insurance?
Politics and Society
Should voting become mandatory?
What could politicians do to appeal to younger generations of voters?
Should prisoners have the right to vote?
Would it be better in the U.S. if elected politicians were younger?
Should the police use rubber bullets instead of real bullets?
Are private, for-profit prisons a threat to prisoners’ rights?
Should U.S. military funding be increased or decreased?
Should there be stricter or looser restrictions to qualify for welfare assistance?
Is our current two-party political system good enough or in need of replacing?
Should major corporations be eligible for tax breaks?
How can the current policy on undocumented immigrants in America be improved?
Should it be illegal for politicians to receive donations from large corporations?
Science and Technology
Should animal testing be banned?
Should organ donation be optional or mandated for all?
Is artificial intelligence a threat?
Should parents be allowed to scientifically alter their children’s genes?
What is the best option for renewable energy?
Should military forces be allowed to use drones in warfare?
Should self-driving cars be illegal?
Do the benefits of the internet outweigh the loss of privacy?
Should it be illegal for companies to sell their consumers’ information?
Should the government more strictly regulate the Internet?
How much screen time is too much?
Should everyone receive free internet?
Should we build a colony on the moon?
At what age should children be allowed to be on social media?
Should schools be responsible for teaching safe social media education?
When should children be allowed to have a cell phone?
What should the punishment be for cyberbullying?
Do online friendships have the same benefits as in-person friendships?
Are social media influencers beneficial or harmful to society?
Has the popularity of “selfies” increased self-confidence or self-centeredness?
Is cancel culture a positive or a negative thing?
What are the most reliable, unbiased sources to receive news and information?
How to Get Into Harvard Undergrad: Strategies and Essays That Worked
Ivy League Acceptance Rates 2021: What You're Up Against
Extracurricular Activities for College Admissions: The Ultimate Guide (Examples Included)
Improve with practice.
Enhance your soft skills with a range of award-winning courses.
Sign up to our newsletter
75 Persuasive Speech Topics and Ideas
October 04, 2018 - gini beqiri.
To write a captivating and persuasive speech you must first decide on a topic that will engage, inform and also persuade the audience. We have discussed how to choose a topic and we have provided a list of speech ideas covering a wide range of categories.
What is persuasive speech?
The aim of a persuasive speech is to inform, educate and convince or motivate an audience to do something. You are essentially trying to sway the audience to adopt your own viewpoint.
The best persuasive speech topics are thought-provoking, daring and have a clear opinion. You should speak about something you are knowledgeable about and can argue your opinion for, as well as objectively discuss counter-arguments.
How to choose a topic for your speech
It's not easy picking a topic for your speech as there are many options so consider the following factors when deciding.
Topics that you're familiar with will make it easier to prepare for the speech.
It's best if you decide on a topic in which you have a genuine interest in because you'll be doing lots of research on it and if it's something you enjoy the process will be significantly easier and more enjoyable. The audience will also see this enthusiasm when you're presenting which will make the speech more persuasive.
The audience's interest
The audience must care about the topic. You don't want to lose their attention so choose something you think they'll be interested in hearing about.
Consider choosing a topic that allows you to be more descriptive because this allows the audience to visualize which consequently helps persuade them.
When people have heard about a topic repeatedly they're less likely to listen to you as it doesn't interest them anymore. Avoid cliché or overdone topics as it's difficult to maintain your audience's attention because they feel like they've heard it all before.
An exception to this would be if you had new viewpoints or new facts to share. If this is the case then ensure you clarify early in your speech that you have unique views or information on the topic.
Build Career Skills Online
Fast-track your career with award-winning courses and realistic practice.
Emotions are motivators so the audience is more likely to be persuaded and act on your requests if you present an emotional topic.
People like hearing about issues that affect them or their community, country etc. They find these topics more relatable which means they find them more interesting. Look at local issues and news to discover these topics.
What do you want your audience to do as a result of your speech? Use this as a guide to choosing your topic, for example, maybe you want people to recycle more so you present a speech on the effect of microplastics in the ocean.
Persuasive speech topics
Lots of timely persuasive topics can be found using social media, the radio, TV and newspapers. We have compiled a list of 75 persuasive speech topic ideas covering a wide range of categories.
Some of the topics also fall into other categories and we have posed the topics as questions so they can be easily adapted into statements to suit your own viewpoint.
- Should pets be adopted rather than bought from a breeder?
- Should wild animals be tamed?
- Should people be allowed to own exotic animals like monkeys?
- Should all zoos and aquariums be closed?
- Should art and music therapy be covered by health insurance?
- Should graffiti be considered art?
- Should all students be required to learn an instrument in school?
- Should automobile drivers be required to take a test every three years?
- Are sports cars dangerous?
- Should bicycles share the roads with cars?
- Should bicycle riders be required by law to always wear helmets?
Business and economy
- Do introverts make great leaders?
- Does owning a business leave you feeling isolated?
- What is to blame for the rise in energy prices?
- Does hiring cheaper foreign employees hurt the economy?
- Should interns be paid for their work?
- Should employees receive bonuses for walking or biking to work?
- Should tipping in restaurants be mandatory?
- Should boys and girls should be taught in separate classrooms?
- Should schools include meditation breaks during the day?
- Should students be allowed to have their mobile phones with them during school?
- Should teachers have to pass a test every decade to renew their certifications?
- Should online teaching be given equal importance as the regular form of teaching?
- Is higher education over-rated?
- What are the best ways to stop bullying?
- Should people with more than one DUI lose their drivers' licenses?
- Should prostitution be legalised?
- Should guns be illegal in the US?
- Should cannabis be legalised for medical reasons?
- Is equality a myth?
- Does what is "right" and "wrong" change from generation to generation?
- Is there never a good enough reason to declare war?
- Should governments tax sugary drinks and use the revenue for public health?
- Has cosmetic surgery risen to a level that exceeds good sense?
- Is the fast-food industry legally accountable for obesity?
- Should school cafeterias only offer healthy food options?
- Is acupuncture a valid medical technique?
- Should assisted suicide be legal?
- Does consuming meat affect health?
- Is dieting a good way to lose weight?
Law and politics
- Should voting be made compulsory?
- Should the President (or similar position) be allowed to serve more than two terms?
- Would poverty reduce by fixing housing?
- Should drug addicts be sent for treatment in hospitals instead of prisons?
- Would it be fair for the government to detain suspected terrorists without proper trial?
- Is torture acceptable when used for national security?
- Should celebrities who break the law receive stiffer penalties?
- Should the government completely ban all cigarettes and tobacco products
- Is it wrong for the media to promote a certain beauty standard?
- Is the media responsible for the moral degradation of teenagers?
- Should advertising be aimed at children?
- Has freedom of press gone too far?
- Should prayer be allowed in public schools?
- Does religion have a place in government?
- How do cults differ from religion?
Science and the environment
- Should recycling be mandatory?
- Should genetically modified foods be sold in supermarkets?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the sex of their unborn children?
- Should selling plastic bags be completely banned in shops?
- Should smoking in public places be banned?
- Should professional female athletes be paid the same as male athletes in the same sport?
- Should doping be allowed in professional sports?
- Should schools be required to teach all students how to swim?
- How does parental pressure affect young athletes?
- Will technology reduce or increase human employment opportunities?
- What age should children be allowed to have mobile phones?
- Should libraries be replaced with unlimited access to e-books?
- Should we recognize Bitcoin as a legal currency?
- Should bloggers and vloggers be treated as journalists and punished for indiscretions?
- Has technology helped connect people or isolate them?
- Should mobile phone use in public places be regulated?
- Do violent video games make people more violent?
- What is the safest country in the world?
- Is planetary nuclear disarmament possible?
- Is the idea of peace on earth naive?
These topics are just suggestions so you need to assess whether they would be suitable for your particular audience. You can easily adapt the topics to suit your interests and audience, for example, you could substitute "meat" in the topic "Does consuming meat affect health?" for many possibilities, such as "processed foods", "mainly vegan food", "dairy" and so on.
After choosing your topic
After you’ve chosen your topic it's important to do the following:
- Research thoroughly
- Think about all of the different viewpoints
- Tailor to your audience - discussing your topic with others is a helpful way to gain an understanding of your audience.
- How involved are you with this topic - are you a key character?
- Have you contributed to this area, perhaps through blogs, books, papers and products.
- How qualified are you to speak on this topic?
- Do you have personal experience in it? How many years?
- How long have you been interested in the area?
While it may be difficult to choose from such a variety of persuasive speech topics, think about which of the above you have the most knowledge of and can argue your opinion on.
For advice about how to deliver your persuasive speech, check out our blog Persuasive Speech Outline and Ideas .
- Graphic Designers
- Editing Services
- Academic Editing Services
- Admissions Editing Services
- Admissions Essay Editing Services
- APA Style Editing Services
- Application Essay Editing Services
- Book Editing Services
- Business Editing Services
- Capstone Paper Editing Services
- Children's Book Editing Services
- College Application Editing Services
- Comprehensive Editing Services
- Content Editing Services
- Copy Editing Services
- Cover Letter Editing Services
- Developmental Editing Services
- Dissertation Editing Services
- eBook Editing Services
- English Editing Services
- Essay Editing Services
- Fiction Editing Services
- Journal Article Editing Services
- Legal Editing Services
- Letter Editing Services
- Line Editing Services
- Literary Editing Services
- Manuscript Editing Services
- Medical Editing Services
- MLA Style Editing Services
- Nonfiction Editing Services
- Novel Editing Services
- Paper Editing Services
- Personal Statement Editing Services
- Proposal Editing Services
- Report Editing Services
- Research Paper Editing Services
- Résumé Editing Services
- Scientific Editing Services
- Short Story Editing Services
- Statement of Purpose Editing Services
- Story Editing Services
- Structural Editing Services
- Substantive Editing Services
- Technical Editing Services
- Thesis Editing Services
- Website Content Editing Services
- Proofreading Services
- Academic Proofreading Services
- Admissions Proofreading Services
- Admissions Essay Proofreading Services
- APA Style Proofreading Services
- Application Essay Proofreading Services
- Book Proofreading Services
- Business Proofreading Services
- Children's Book Proofreading Services
- College Application Proofreading Services
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- eBook Proofreading Services
- English Proofreading Services
- Essay Proofreading Services
- Fiction Proofreading Services
- Legal Proofreading Services
- Letter Proofreading Services
- Literary Proofreading Services
- Manuscript Proofreading Services
- Nonfiction Proofreading Services
- Novel Proofreading Services
- Paper Proofreading Services
- Personal Statement Proofreading Services
- Proposal Proofreading Services
- Statement of Purpose Proofreading Services
- Thesis Proofreading Services
- Website Content Proofreading Services
- Translation Services
- Chinese Translation Services
- French Translation Services
- Italian Translation Services
- Spanish Translation Services
- Graphic Design Services
- Writing Services
- Blog Writing Services
- Content Writing Services
- Copy Writing Services
- Cover Letter Writing Services
- Curriculum Vitae Writing Services
- Dating Profile Writing Services
- LinkedIn® Profile Writing Services
- Match.com® Profile Writing Services
- Résumé Writing Services
- SEO Writing Services
- Website Content Writing Services
Please enter the email address you used for your account. Your sign in information will be sent to your email address after it has been verified.
75 Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas
The persuasive essay is one type of writing that you will likely come across in your academic career. A persuasive essay, if you're unfamiliar, is one in which you have to make an argument. You need to choose a side and prove why you're correct by using hard evidence and convincing language. The idea is that you want to convince the reader that your argument is the right one, so you'll definitely want to pick a topic that you're passionate about and something that you'll get excited about researching and writing. This exercise is designed so that you can clearly articulate your opinion and understand why it's important to have evidence to back up your claim.
Your teacher or instructor will probably have specific guidelines on what your essay should entail, but you might have a little bit of free reign on what kinds of topics you can explore and argue about in your essay. With so many things to argue about and for, it might be a little overwhelming to come up with a topic on your own. When you feel like you're stuck on brainstorming ideas, take a look at the following list of 75 persuasive essay topics. You may find something you can use, or something you can adapt for the specific guidelines of your paper. Happy writing!
Educational persuasive essay topics
There are so many things that can be discussed when it comes to education. In our country (and globally), there are many different opinions on how education should be handled and what tactics teachers or academic administrators should use. Here are a few topics on education (which could be expanded or changed to fit your teacher's guidelines) that might be of interest to you.
- Should soda be offered in school cafeterias?
- Should schools teach abstinence-only education?
- Why should schools teach financial literacy?
- Do all students need to go to college?
- Should students take a gap year after high school?
- Do all students need to learn a foreign language?
- Is online or homeschool an effective way to learn?
- Should standardized tests determine whether or not you go on to another grade level?
- Should all students be required to participate in the arts?
- Should a college education be free?
- Should high school journalists be protected under the First Amendment?
- Some universities just have pass/fail grades instead of letter grades. How do you feel about this?
- Should teachers/professors be unbiased in the classroom?
- Should you still learn cursive in elementary school? What are the disadvantages/ advantages?
- Many college campuses have speakers come in occasionally. These speakers can range in political opinion and some can be controversial. Should you let speakers come to schools that have controversial rhetoric or ideas to uphold free speech?
Political persuasive essay topics
They say that you should never talk about politics or religion because it's not polite. But in a persuasive essay, that rule is completely extinguished. Politics and religion are hotbed subjects for a reason—because so many people have radically different ideas of how a society and a country should operate. What side of these political persuasive topics are you on? Take a stab at one of these and the paper will likely fly out onto the keyboard.
- Should protesters be allowed to block traffic? Do they pose a threat to public safety?
- Why should you vote?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- What is your opinion on protecting religious liberties?
- What is your opinion on separating church and state?
- Why has the country become so divided politically over the past few years? Can it be fixed?
- Many industries (like coal and manufacturing) are tough to find a job in and many Americans are out of work. How should we solve this problem?
- Should citizens under 18 be able to vote?
- Should a National Voter ID law be passed to avoid voter fraud?
- What does the phrase "fake news" mean?
- Local newspapers are dwindling. What should be done, if anything, about this problem?
- Should local municipalities do more to combat global warming? If so, how?
- How should we reduce the threat of terrorism in the United States?
- Females have traditionally lower participation in politics. Why do you think that is?
- Some people say that the top 1% of earners don't pay enough taxes. How do you feel about this?
- Will a huge wall on the southern border with Mexico solve the United States' immigration problem?
- How should we solve the United States' immigration problem?
- The voter turnout for the 2016 presidential election was less than 60%, which is much lower than in other democratic societies. Why do you think this is and what can be done about it (or should anything be done about it)?
- Millennials are graduating college with a lot of student loan debt. What should be done to avoid a debt crisis?
- Many say that minimum wage jobs are low skill and the workers in them shouldn't be compensated more for their work, but others claim that a minimum wage job isn't enough money to live off of. Which side do you land on?
- What do you think of celebrities who are vocal about environmental issues but who frequently fly on private, and not commercial, jets?
Crime and legal persuasive essay topics
Crime in any society is an unfortunate inevitability. Why does crime happen and what should be done about it? These are just a few of the things to explore in these crime/legal persuasive essay topics.
- What should we do about a city with a high crime rate like Chicago?
- Should guns be allowed on college campuses?
- Should gun laws be more restrictive?
- Do we have a right to privacy?
- Trends have shown that many recent terrorists have been convicted or accused of domestic violence. What should be done and how do you feel about this?
- Should we have the death penalty? If so, when should it be used?
- Many prisoners are incarcerated for minor drug charges (such as possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia). Should we try to rehabilitate these prisoners or should they serve their full sentences?
- Colorado has legalized marijuana for recreational purposes. What is your opinion of this?
- Do you think marijuana is a gateway drug which leads some users to harder drugs?
- Can criminals be rehabilitated?
- Many prisoners who enter the system are likely to have a high recurrence of criminal activity. What can be done to solve this?
- Many people are starting to use drones for recreational activity. Should there be restrictions on where and how you can use your personal drone?
- Self-driving cars are expected to become increasingly used on city roads. If a self-driving car gets into an accident, whose fault is it? The engineer's?
Health persuasive essay topics
Health is something that we all have to worry about. Whether it's our own health or the health of a loved one, there are many things to think about and research on. What's your opinion on the healthcare system in our country? Should we treat drug addiction like a disease? How should we handle end-of-life care? Try out one of these essay topics to research and gain insight on some of the biggest challenges and questions that our society faces when it comes to health.
- Opioid addiction is at an all-time high in states like Ohio. What should we do to combat this?
- Should healthcare be universal?
- How do you feel about paternity leave?
- Should women get guaranteed maternity leave?
- The state of California requires that you display nutrition facts about menu items in restaurants. Should all states do this?
- Should fast food be "sin taxed" like cigarettes are?
- There is an effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Should we do this or not? If we should, what improvements can be made to a replacement act?
- Many soldiers are coming back from warfare with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. What should we do to help them?
- Many Americans are overweight. What has caused this health crisis and what can be done about it?
- Should vitamins and supplements be more tightly regulated?
- Should health insurance companies provide more financial incentives for subscribers to work out and eat more healthfully?
Women's and gender persuasive essay topics
Are there inherent differences between men and women or is that just a societal myth? Women have gained a lot more rights over the last 100 years in America, but some say they still have a long way to go before they achieve equal rights. How do you feel about this and other women's and gender issues? Explore the following fascinating topics.
- Women have what is known as the "second shift" (meaning that as soon as they get home from work they have additional responsibilities that require their attention immediately). What do you think about this concept and should anything be done about it?
- There are many women's rights and minority rights advocates. Should there be men's rights advocacy groups? What about Caucasian advocacy groups?
- Some people say that gender is a socially constructed norm. What do you think?
- Women who participate in body building competitions are trying to build the "ideal" figure, which some claim is an outdated, sexist idea. But some argue that building muscles is considered a sport and a traditionally "masculine" idea. Which side do you agree with?
- Some people think that beauty pageants are outdated and anti-feminist and shouldn't be televised anymore. How do you feel?
- New wave feminism is the idea that feminism can encompass many different ideas of what it is to be a feminist. It's the idea that you can have choices (whether that's staying at home with children or trying to be a CEO). How do you feel about new wave feminism?
Miscellaneous persuasive essay topics
Of course, there are more categories of essay topics than what are listed above. Here are some additional essay topics if you haven't found one yet that captures your interest.
- Does social media improve or hurt our society?
- Is it important or frivolous to travel the world?
- Many Americans watch a lot of reality TV shows. Why do you think this is?
- With many people reading digital copies of books, are libraries necessary anymore?
- Should anything be done to curb the rise in offensive lyrics in music?
- Should pregnant women be allowed to park in handicapped parking spots?
- Recent studies have shown that pets improve the mental and the physical health of their owners. Should pet-related expenses be tax-deductible?
- What do you think about net neutrality?
- With the rise in selfies and Instagram photo filtering apps, do you think we have become a more self-obsessed society?
Simplifying Qualitative Academic Research
Your APA Reference Page Will Be a Disaster If You Don't Follow These 11 Rules
- Academic Writing Advice
- All Blog Posts
- Writing Advice
- Admissions Writing Advice
- Book Writing Advice
- Short Story Advice
- Employment Writing Advice
- Business Writing Advice
- Web Content Advice
- Article Writing Advice
- Magazine Writing Advice
- Grammar Advice
- Dialect Advice
- Editing Advice
- Freelance Advice
- Legal Writing Advice
- Poetry Advice
- Graphic Design Advice
- Logo Design Advice
- Translation Advice
- Blog Reviews
- Short Story Award Winners
- Scholarship Winners
Need an academic editor before submitting your work?
Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive Essay Topics
Easy and Unique Persuasive Essay Topics with Tips
15 min read
Published on: Jan 4, 2023
Last updated on: Jan 30, 2023
On This Page On This Page
You're staring at a blank screen, trying to come up with a topic for your persuasive essay. You know you need to pick something interesting, but you're unsure where to start.
It's hard to get motivated when it feels like everything has already been said on the topic you're considering. You are wondering how can you make your essay stand out.
The good news is that CollegeEssay.org is here to help.
We have compiled a list of potential persuasive essay topics to get your creative juices flowing. Whether you are looking for something controversial, humorous, or informative – we have it all.
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics below to get started.
Unique Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Writing a persuasive essay can be quite an interesting task for students. It allows them to showcase their research and analytic skills and present their thoughts orderly.
Choosing the right topic is key to making the writing process more enjoyable.
Here are some great ideas that you can use for your essay:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Should students be required to wear uniforms in school?
- What are the benefits of a longer school day?
- How can technology help improve student engagement and learning?
- Is it important for all schools to have equal access to resources?
- Should physical education be mandatory in all schools?
- How can schools better prepare students for entering the job market?
- Should a student’s grade be based solely on test performance?
- Is it important to limit screen time, or should there not be restrictions?
- Should recess time be increased or decreased in school?
- Is it beneficial for students to take part in after-school activities?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Should school lunch prices be lowered to make it more accessible for all students?
- Is there an argument for allowing cell phone usage in the classroom?
- Should schools offer a wider variety of electives?
- Is there a persuasive case for requiring physical education classes in elementary and middle schools?
- Should students be allowed to opt-out of standardized testing?
- Is the current homework load for elementary and middle school students too much?
- Should school provide free breakfast and lunch to all students, regardless of financial status?
- Should sixth-grade classes have more field trips and outdoor activities?
- Should students have access to more technology in the classroom?
- Is there an argument for making recess mandatory for all grade levels?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should schools have a dress code?
- Should students be required to do community service projects to graduate?
- Is it necessary for all student-athletes to take mandatory drug tests?
- Are the current laws on gun control sufficient enough?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- Should teenage drivers be allowed to have passengers in their cars?
- Is standardized testing an effective measure of student success?
- Should homework be abolished in schools?
- Should young children be allowed to use mobile phones or tablets at school?
- Are video games too violent for young children?
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should physical education classes be mandatory in high school?
- Is a strict dress code necessary for student success?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student achievement?
- Does social media have a positive or negative impact on teenagers?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should cell phones be prohibited in the classroom?
- Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald's or Taco Bell?
- Is competitive sports necessary for a well-rounded education?
- Are after-school activities essential to a student’s development?
- Should students be allowed to choose their classes?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Should universities require all students to take at least one course in diversity studies?
- Should universities implement free speech zones on campuses?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Is it ethical for employers to ask about an applicant’s criminal history during the hiring process?
- Should college students be required to take a foreign language course?
- Should the US government provide free tuition for all qualifying students?
- Is it ethical to use animals in scientific research?
- Are standardized tests an adequate measure of academic aptitude and ability?
- Should paper textbooks be replaced with e-books?
- Should all students be required to learn coding and computer science in school?
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Should universities offer free tuition to all students?
- Are special scholarships beneficial for university students?
- Should college athletes be paid for their services?
- Is it important for universities to provide mental health resources to their students?
- How can universities help prevent cheating and plagiarism among students?
- Should universities be required to provide online courses?
- Are university degree requirements outdated and irrelevant?
- Is it necessary for university students to take physical education classes?
- Does the presence of social media in academia positively or negatively impact learning?
- Should universities prioritize research over teaching?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics from Different Fields
When choosing essay topics, there is no shortage of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields available.
Here are some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields:
Arts & Culture
- Should museums be more inclusive of diverse cultures?
- Should the government fund public art programs?
- Are comic books an important form of literature?
- Does graffiti have any value as an art form?
- Is the traditional concept of beauty outdated in today’s society?
- Is it important for the public to have access to art galleries and museums?
- Do modern movies have any real artistic value?
- Are video games a form of art?
- Should government funding be given to the performing arts?
- Does the music industry put too much emphasis on image rather than talent?
- Should governments guarantee a minimum wage?
- Should the government subsidize green energy projects?
- Is it necessary to introduce higher taxes on wealthy people?
- Are free trade agreements beneficial or detrimental to developing countries?
- Can economic growth be sustained without harming the environment?
- Is immigration beneficial or detrimental to a country’s economic growth?
- Should governments limit the size of banks and financial institutions?
- Is it necessary for countries to regulate their currency markets?
- Should governments invest in renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels?
- Should high officials pay more taxes?
- Should students be required to complete a certain number of community service hours to graduate?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for all public schools?
- Are textbooks becoming obsolete due to technological advances?
- Should the education system focus more on practical subjects such as coding and programming?
- Is the current grading system in public schools fair and effective?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to traditional schooling?
- Should standardized testing be abolished from the education system?
- Should teachers receive bonuses for good performance in the classroom?
- Are students more likely to succeed if they attend a private school or university?
- Should all students have access to free college tuition?
- Is using animals in medical research ethical?
- Should parents be allowed to choose their child’s gender?
- Should companies be held responsible for the pollution they create?
- Are businesses obligated to act ethically when conducting business abroad?
- Is it ethical to censor content on the internet?
- Should the government enforce stricter regulations on genetically modified food?
- Is it ethical to use artificial intelligence in decision-making processes?
- Should corporations be allowed to have their own private security forces?
- Are restrictions on freedom of speech necessary for public safety?
- Do companies have an ethical responsibility to pay fair wages?
Government and Politics
- Should the government regulate social media?
- Should term limits be placed on members of Congress?
- Are taxes too high in the United States?
- Should voting be mandatory for all citizens?
- Is the Electoral College still relevant today?
- Does the death penalty serve as a deterrent to crime?
- Should the US switch to a single-payer health care system?
- Should there be limits on campaign spending?
- Should the United States adopt a flat tax system?
- Is it time to repeal the Second Amendment?
- Is legalizing marijuana an ethical practice?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their child?
- Is it ethical to test medicines on animals?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of genetic engineering?
- Are there any health risks associated with using digital screens too often?
- Should physical education be mandatory in every school?
- Is the healthcare system in your country adequate for your needs?
- Are there any benefits to eating organic food?
- How does mental health affect physical health?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory for all children?
- Was the Spanish Inquisition justified?
- Were the American Colonists justified in rebelling against Great Britain?
- Did Christopher Columbus’ discoveries benefit or harm indigenous populations?
- What effect did Genghis Khan have on world history?
- Did World War I significantly change the course of history?
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Did Napoleon Bonaparte’s rule bring about positive or negative changes for France and Europe?
- Should the United States annexed the Philippines in 1898?
- How did the Great Depression shape world history?
- Is there any validity to the theory of a “clash of civilizations”?
- Should artificial intelligence be regulated?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Is the internet making us less social?
- Should research into cloning be banned?
- Are there moral issues related to genetic engineering?
- Should governments fund space exploration programs?
- Are smart home devices making us more vulnerable to cyberattacks?
- Should the government regulate social media use?
- Are robots taking away jobs from humans?
- Should nuclear energy be used as an alternative to fossil fuels?
- Should professional athletes be drug tested?
- Is there a gender gap in sports?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performances?
- Does skill or luck decide the outcome of sports competitions?
- Are sporting events becoming too commercialized?
- Is it necessary to increase public funding for sporting events?
- Is the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports cheating or fair?
- Should college students be able to choose their own sports teams?
- Do professional sports hurt young people?
- Should parents allow children to play violent video games?
- Should schools replace textbooks with tablets?
- Are algorithms replacing human decision-making in the workplace?
- Is it time to regulate the use of facial recognition technology?
- Can artificial intelligence and robots be used to improve healthcare outcomes?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Should Internet access be a basic human right?
- Should social media platforms do more to protect user privacy?
- Is blockchain technology the future of banking and finance?
- Are virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa invading privacy?
- Can we trust that autonomous weapons system will make ethical decisions in war?
Here are a few social media persuasive essay topics. Take a look at them.
- Is social media a positive or negative influence on society?
- Should employers be able to access an employee's social media accounts?
- Should people be allowed to post anonymously online?
- How can parents protect their children from the risks of using social media?
- Does the spread of fake news on social media hurt society?
- Should governments regulate online speech on social media?
- Should employers be allowed to conduct background checks using social media?
- Is the personal data of individuals safe from exploitation by corporate interests on social media platforms?
- Are people spending too much time on their digital devices?
- Is the use of social media by young people making them more isolated?
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the death penalty be reinstated in all states?
- Should gun control laws be stricter?
- Is global warming a real threat?
- Are vaccinations safe for children?
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Should marijuana be made legal?
- Does school uniform violate personal freedom?
- Should genetically modified foods be allowed in the market?
- Should sex education in school be mandatory?
- Should animal testing be banned?
Fun Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should cats be allowed to go to school?
- Should people have a minimum number of friends before they can graduate?
- Is it okay to laugh at your own jokes?
- Should parents be required to take parenting classes?
- Are video games the best way to spend free time?
- Should kids be allowed to wear pajamas in public places?
- Should students have to pass a test before they can drive a car?
- Are cell phones essential for teenagers or should they be limited?
- Should everyone learn how to cook their meals?
- Would it be better if all schools had the same uniform?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should the internet have censorship?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption?
- Is social media good or bad for society?
- Should the drinking age be lowered or raised?
- Should school attendance be mandatory for students?
- Are video games too violent and negatively influencing children?
- Should religious education be banned from public schools?
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Choosing a writing topic for your persuasive essay writing is essential.
The right topic will let you draft an exceptional and well-written essay. Selecting a persuasive essay topic might sound easy, but it can be challenging.
You cannot randomly start writing a persuasive essay about any topic and expect your essay to be brilliant.
To select the best topic for your essay, take these essential steps:
1. Know your Interests - You can only draft an effective essay if you are writing about something that interests you. When you write something you are passionate about, the enthusiasm helps to persuade the readers.
2. Narrow Down Ideas - Make a rough list of the topic of your interest. Then, analyze all the issues and identify topics you think you can present well.
3. Pick your Stance - Now that you know the information is sufficient on a topic, decide your stance. Pick a side to support with evidence and logic.
4. Controversy is the Best Policy - People love to read about controversial stuff. It is more likely that the readers will go through the entire essay to ease their curiosity.
After passing your ideas through these filters, you will have a strong and arguable topic to draft an essay on.
Tips for Writing a Compelling Persuasive Essay
Whether you are in school, college, or university, crafting an effective persuasive essay can be difficult.
Fortunately, with a few tips and tricks, you can create a compelling, persuasive essay that will make your readers take notice.
Here are six tips to help you write a compelling, persuasive essay:
1. Choose Your Topic Carefully
You need to select a relevant and interesting topic for your audience. Make sure you feel passionate about it and can present it logically and convincingly.
2. Do Extensive Research
Before beginning your essay, research your topic as much as possible. So you can present both sides of the argument in an informed, balanced way.
3. Identify Your Audience
Before writing your persuasive essay, consider who will be reading it and their interests.
This will help you write in a language that resonates with them and ensure that your arguments suit their understanding.
4. Use Logical Arguments
It is important to provide logical and compelling arguments to be persuasive. Make sure you use facts, statistics, and other evidence to make your points more convincing.
5. Structure Your Essay Well
An effective persuasive essay should be well-organized. Divide it into an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Pay attention to the structure of your essay, as it can help you make your points more effectively.
Learn how to make a perfect persuasive essay outline with the help of our blog.
6. Make It Engaging
An engaging, persuasive essay will capture your audience’s attention from beginning to end.
Use various techniques to make your essay interesting and engaging, such as using examples, analogies, and persuasive language.
We hope you are inspired by our comprehensive list of topics. Pick up a topic that entices you and start working on it. By following these amazing tips and tricks, you can surely compose an essay that will wow your professor.
Still not sure how to draft a perfect essay? Well, leave it to us. Our essay writing service helps you craft your argument in the most effective way possible to get the desired results.
Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the process! Trust our professional persuasive essay writer .
Let CollegeEssay.org’s persuasive essay writing service guide you on your journey and take your writing to the next level.
Take the stress out of writing persuasive essays and get the results you need with our expert essay writer .
Frequently Asked Questions
How can i choose a good persuasive essay topic.
When selecting a persuasive essay topic, consider an issue that is interesting to you and has two or more opposing viewpoints. Research various resources about the topic to gain a better perspective
What strategies can I use for writing a persuasive essay?
When writing a persuasive essay, establish facts from reliable sources to support your argument. Be concise but thorough, and use persuasive language to strengthen your argument.
How can I make my persuasive essay stand out?
To make your persuasive essay stand out, use vivid language and strong, specific evidence to support each point. Make sure all sources are current and relevant to the argument being made. With these elements, your persuasive essay will stand out from the rest!
Cathy A. (Literature, Marketing)
For more than five years now, Cathy has been one of our most hardworking authors on the platform. With a Masters degree in mass communication, she knows the ins and outs of professional writing. Clients often leave her glowing reviews for being an amazing writer who takes her work very seriously.
People also read
How to Write a Persuasive Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Basics of Crafting an Outstanding Persuasive Essay Outline
Ace Your Next Essay With These Persuasive Essay Examples!
Persuasive Essay About Gun Control - Best Examples for Students
Top Examples of Persuasive Essay about Covid-19
Learn How To Write An Impressive Persuasive Essay About Business
Learn How to Craft a Compelling Persuasive Essay About Abortion With Examples!
Make Your Point: Tips and Examples for Writing a Persuasive Essay About Online Education
Learn How To Craft a Powerful Persuasive Essay About Bullying
Craft an Engaging Persuasive Essay About Smoking: Examples & Tips
Learn How to Write a Persuasive Essay About Social Media With Top Examples
Craft an Effective Argument: Examples of Persuasive Essay About Death Penalty
Share this article
FREE RESOURCES! SIGN UP TO BECOME A BFF AND GET ACCESS TO FREE DECOR, PRINTABLES & MORE!
We're here to help
- [email protected]
- Boho Rainbow
- Boho Plants
- Modern Jungle
- Spotty Brights
- Spotty Boho
- Spotty Pastels
- Google Slides
- Lesson Plans
- Worksheets & Templates
- Back to School
- Classroom Management
- Growth Mindset
- Inclusive Classrooms
- New Teachers
- Student Goals
- Affirmation Stations
- Birthday Displays
- Bunting & Lettering Packs
- Calendars & Seasons
- Door Displays
- Visual Timetables
- Binder Covers
- Classroom Labels
- Reading Groups
- Student Name Tags
- Teacher Toolbox Labels
- Trolley Labels
- Alphabet Posters
- ASL Posters
- AUSLAN Posters
- Editable Posters
- English Posters
- Math Posters
- Motivational Posters
- Welcome Posters
- SHOP BY Theme
- SHOP Bundles
- FREE RESOURCES
Persuasive writing topics to help your students become better writers
Persuasive writing is an essential skill that students in primary and elementary school must develop early on. It not only helps them become better writers but also teaches them to think critically and express their ideas.
For young students in particular, it can be challenging to find unique and inspiring persuasive writing topics that will capture the attention and imagination of our students. So today I’ve compiled a list of 10 ideas for persuasive writing topics that are easy, relevant, and sure to inspire your students' creativity and critical thinking skills.
The benefits of teaching persuasive writing in primary/elementary school.
Persuasive writing in primary and elementary school is not only important, but it's also super exciting! It's a fun way to help students develop critical thinking skills, boost their confidence, and encourage creativity.
Teaching students how to persuade others can be a game-changer for their academic and personal lives. By learning how to analyze information and make informed decisions, students will be able to navigate the world around them with greater ease. Furthermore, when students are empowered to express their opinions and back them up with evidence, it can be a transformative experience that boosts their confidence and inspires them to engage more fully in their academic and personal lives.
Similarly, persuasive writing can inspire students to take an active role in the world around them. By teaching them how to take a stance on important issues and participate in public discourse, we can help them become more informed and active citizens who are equipped to make a positive impact on their communities and beyond.
How cute is Miss Grosse’s literacy section in her classroom! When teaching kids about persuasive writing, resources like text types posters shown here are super valuable visual aids.
10 engaging and simple persuasive writing topics for kids.
1. Should students be allowed to bring their own toys to school?
Many students have a favorite toy or stuffed animal that brings them comfort and joy. A persuasive essay could argue that bringing personal items to school could make students feel more at home and improve their overall school experience.
2. Should students be required to do community service?
Community service can be a great way for students to learn about social responsibility and civic engagement. A persuasive essay could argue that requiring community service would help students develop a sense of empathy and responsibility towards their community.
3. Should students be allowed to use social media in school?
Social media has become a prominent part of daily life, especially for young people. A persuasive essay could argue that using social media in school could help students develop their communication skills and keep them connected with peers.
4. Should schools have a composting program?
Composting is an environmentally-friendly way to reduce waste and nourish the soil. A persuasive essay could argue that having a composting program in schools could teach students about sustainability and environmental responsibility.
5. Should schools have a mandatory physical education program?
Physical activity is essential for maintaining good health and wellbeing. A persuasive essay could argue that having a mandatory physical education program in schools could help students develop healthy habits and prevent health problems.
6. Should students be allowed to choose their own books to read for class?
Allowing students to choose their own reading materials can help them develop a love of reading and improve their comprehension and critical thinking skills. A persuasive essay could argue that allowing students to choose their own books could lead to greater engagement and enthusiasm for learning.
7. Should schools have a zero-tolerance policy for bullying?
Bullying can have serious and long-lasting effects on its victims. A persuasive essay could argue that having a zero-tolerance policy for bullying would help create a safer and more inclusive school environment for all students.
8. Should students be allowed to have a say in the school curriculum?
Giving students a say in the school curriculum can help them feel more engaged in their education and allow them to pursue their interests and passions. A persuasive essay could argue that involving students in the curriculum design process would lead to a more personalized and meaningful learning experience.
9. Should students be required to learn about financial literacy in school?
Financial literacy is an important life skill that can help students make informed decisions about money and finances. A persuasive essay could argue that including financial literacy education in the school curriculum would help students develop crucial financial skills and prevent future financial problems.
10. Should students be allowed to have a say in school rules and decision-making?
Giving students a voice in school policies and decision-making can help them feel empowered and engaged in their school community. A persuasive essay could argue that allowing students to participate in school decision-making would lead to a more inclusive and democratic school environment.
Resources for teaching persuasive writing in the classroom
Looking for resources to help assist you in teaching writing in the classroom? Miss Jacobs Little Learners has got you covered. Browse the range of editable resources perfect for teaching writing units in the classroom.
Well there you have it. 10 simple and engaging persuasive writing topics that are sure to engage and challenge your young students while also encouraging them to think critically about the world around them.
Meet Miss Jacobs!
Hi, i’m chantelle.
Teacher and Founder of Miss Jacobs Little Learners. If you’re dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of your students – I’m here to help you.
Miss Jacobs’ Little Teacher Community is a dedicated space for teachers just like you!
Become a BFF
Subscribe to my newsletter.
Sign up as a Miss Jacobs BFF member today and get access to free resources!
Persuasive writing is an essential skill that students in primary and elementary school must develop early on. It not only helps them become better writers but also teaches them to...
6 ideas for decorating a pastel themed classroom
BFF I’ll be honest, I adore a rainbow classroom theme as much as the next teacher. Rainbow classrooms seem to effortlessly radiate positive energy and are bright and happy –...
Jungle theme classroom ideas ft. Modern Jungle
If you’ve not kept up with the latest – I recently launched my new Modern Jungle collection in early December and oh my goodness you guys gave it SO much...
Trend report: The top classroom decor trends and best sellers of 2022
The end of 2022 is (literally) around the corner and before we all freak out about 2023 rearing its head, I thought it would be nice to reflect on the...
Boho rainbow classroom decor bundle, boho plants editable classroom decor bundle, australiana classroom decor bundle | australian animals and native flora, spotty brights classroom decor | bundle, let customers speak for us.
All the resources are amazing. Thank you, greetings from Spain :)
Thank you so much!
Loved these timestables as they weren’t ‘too busy’ looking and the neutral tones made them non-offensive, neat & a stylish classroom display. Have had loads of comments about their aesthetic nature and the student friendly font size. They can be used on the wall and seated students can read them from their seated position in the classroom.
It matches my spotty brights theme perfectly! I love it and have started using it with my kinders.
SPOTTY BRIGHTS | Classroom Jobs | Editable
Persuasive Speeches — Types, Topics, and Examples
What is a persuasive speech?
In a persuasive speech, the speaker aims to convince the audience to accept a particular perspective on a person, place, object, idea, etc. The speaker strives to cause the audience to accept the point of view presented in the speech.
The success of a persuasive speech often relies on the speaker’s use of ethos, pathos, and logos.
Ethos is the speaker’s credibility. Audiences are more likely to accept an argument if they find the speaker trustworthy. To establish credibility during a persuasive speech, speakers can do the following:
Use familiar language.
Select examples that connect to the specific audience.
Utilize credible and well-known sources.
Logically structure the speech in an audience-friendly way.
Use appropriate eye contact, volume, pacing, and inflection.
Pathos appeals to the audience’s emotions. Speakers who create an emotional bond with their audience are typically more convincing. Tapping into the audience’s emotions can be accomplished through the following:
Select evidence that can elicit an emotional response.
Use emotionally-charged words. (The city has a problem … vs. The city has a disease …)
Incorporate analogies and metaphors that connect to a specific emotion to draw a parallel between the reference and topic.
Utilize vivid imagery and sensory words, allowing the audience to visualize the information.
Employ an appropriate tone, inflection, and pace to reflect the emotion.
Logos appeals to the audience’s logic by offering supporting evidence. Speakers can improve their logical appeal in the following ways:
Use comprehensive evidence the audience can understand.
Confirm the evidence logically supports the argument’s claims and stems from credible sources.
Ensure that evidence is specific and avoid any vague or questionable information.
Types of persuasive speeches
The three main types of persuasive speeches are factual, value, and policy.
A factual persuasive speech focuses solely on factual information to prove the existence or absence of something through substantial proof. This is the only type of persuasive speech that exclusively uses objective information rather than subjective. As such, the argument does not rely on the speaker’s interpretation of the information. Essentially, a factual persuasive speech includes historical controversy, a question of current existence, or a prediction:
Historical controversy concerns whether an event happened or whether an object actually existed.
Questions of current existence involve the knowledge that something is currently happening.
Predictions incorporate the analysis of patterns to convince the audience that an event will happen again.
A value persuasive speech concerns the morality of a certain topic. Speakers incorporate facts within these speeches; however, the speaker’s interpretation of those facts creates the argument. These speeches are highly subjective, so the argument cannot be proven to be absolutely true or false.
A policy persuasive speech centers around the speaker’s support or rejection of a public policy, rule, or law. Much like a value speech, speakers provide evidence supporting their viewpoint; however, they provide subjective conclusions based on the facts they provide.
How to write a persuasive speech
Incorporate the following steps when writing a persuasive speech:
Step 1 – Identify the type of persuasive speech (factual, value, or policy) that will help accomplish the goal of the presentation.
Step 2 – Select a good persuasive speech topic to accomplish the goal and choose a position .
Step 3 – Locate credible and reliable sources and identify evidence in support of the topic/position. Revisit Step 2 if there is a lack of relevant resources.
Step 4 – Identify the audience and understand their baseline attitude about the topic.
Step 5 – When constructing an introduction , keep the following questions in mind:
What’s the topic of the speech?
What’s the occasion?
Who’s the audience?
What’s the purpose of the speech?
Step 6 – Utilize the evidence within the previously identified sources to construct the body of the speech. Keeping the audience in mind, determine which pieces of evidence can best help develop the argument. Discuss each point in detail, allowing the audience to understand how the facts support the perspective.
Step 7 – Addressing counterarguments can help speakers build their credibility, as it highlights their breadth of knowledge.
Step 8 – Conclude the speech with an overview of the central purpose and how the main ideas identified in the body support the overall argument.
Persuasive speech outline
One of the best ways to prepare a great persuasive speech is by using an outline. When structuring an outline, include an introduction, body, and conclusion:
Ask a question that allows the audience to respond in a non-verbal way; ask a rhetorical question that makes the audience think of the topic without requiring a response.
Incorporate a well-known quote that introduces the topic. Using the words of a celebrated individual gives credibility and authority to the information in the speech.
Offer a startling statement or information about the topic, typically done using data or statistics.
Provide a brief anecdote or story that relates to the topic.
Starting a speech with a humorous statement often makes the audience more comfortable with the speaker.
Provide information on how the selected topic may impact the audience .
Include any background information pertinent to the topic that the audience needs to know to understand the speech in its entirety.
Give the thesis statement in connection to the main topic and identify the main ideas that will help accomplish the central purpose.
Summarize its meaning
Explain how it helps prove the support/main claim
Evidence 3 (Continue as needed)
Support 3 (Continue as needed)
Review main supports
Give the audience a call to action to do something specific.
Identify the overall importan ce of the topic and position.
Persuasive speech topics
The following table identifies some common or interesting persuasive speech topics for high school and college students:
Persuasive speech examples
The following list identifies some of history’s most famous persuasive speeches:
John F. Kennedy’s Inaugural Address: “Ask Not What Your Country Can Do for You”
Lyndon B. Johnson: “We Shall Overcome”
Marc Antony: “Friends, Romans, Countrymen…” in William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
Ronald Reagan: “Tear Down this Wall”
Sojourner Truth: “Ain’t I a Woman?”
150+ Persuasive Speech Topics To Win Your Audience’s Attention
So, guys, your mind is stuck in books and the internet. Right? We knew finding convincing speech topics took work. You spent all day and night searching for one, but you failed. Yes, that’s true, especially when students need to do many things in one go.
But, thanks to our professional writers , you have nothing to worry about. We will make your day with compelling speech topics to give you a smooth sail in no time. So let’s start working.
- Easy Convincing Speech Topics On Politics
- Tackling poverty through democracy
- How to provide value to your people through politics
- Free medical care for all
- Harsh Immigration laws
- Overthrowing of governments by the USA
- Cuban missile crisis
- Only Known Photo of Marilyn Monroe and John F. Kennedy Together
- Use artificial intelligence and its consequences
- Music videos containing political views
- Secularism to Fundamental Hinduism: Story of modern-day India
- Difference between pre-Taliban and post-Taliban Afghanistan
- Rise of patriotism post 9/11
- How the Killing of Osama Bin Laden played a pivotal role in President Obama’s second term?
- Rigging of the 2016 US Presidential Election
- Ukraine war and its fallout on European Union
- Who will replace President Putin in Russia?
- Are petro-economy days over?
- Lack of political support to end global warming in the world
- Lack of transparency in global arms supplies to dictator-run states
- Use of Pegasus spyware by middle-eastern countries to curb freedom of speech
- Fall of Saigon
- Korean war and the end of American supremacy
- Rise of militancy in America’s non-NATO Ally Pakistan
- Is regime change the only solution for protecting American interests?
- Lockheed Martin F-35: The biggest political mistake of American history
Students, these are the most common and easiest compelling speech topics you can use in your assignments. Are you still facing difficulties? We suggest using a college paper writing service to end this lengthy and tiresome work.
- Controversial Persuasive Speech Topics
- Rise of incest relationships in the world
- Is religion the source of all the wars in the world?
- Is 9/11 a hoax? Why do conspiracy theorists suggest the US government hand in allowing this attack?
- Are contraceptive pills encouraging extramarital affairs or adultery?
- Is my body my choice slogan showing the positive side of Islamic values?
- Why are tattoos considered taboo in many societies?
- Why is genital mutation common in Islamic countries?
- Are teenage marriages playing a role in the rising population in India?
- Why do women like men with money more than character?
- Depressing rights of the LGBTQ+ community in Islamic countries
- Anti-Semitic behavior in the Muslim population
- Is North Korea giving rise to global tensions in Southeast Asia?
- Did coronavirus originate from Wuhan Lab?
- Undocumented immigrants in the US?
- Why did the catholic church instigate misogyny from the very beginning?
- Child abuse cases against the Vatican and their cover-up
- Is Pompeii an example of the wrath of god?
- Role of secret societies in today’s world
- Was Jesus married to Mary Magdalene?
- Doomsday Vault and the mystery surrounding it
- Yakuza syndicates and their fear in Japan
- Organ trafficking and the role of governments in their protection
- Effects of child pornography
- Should children be exposed to sex education?
- Everyday lives of minimum wage couples
We know by now you have selected a good persuasive speech topic. If it’s still insufficient, use an analytical essay writing service to win your speech and take the top grades home.
- Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Should high school students marry their girlfriends?
- Marrying in your 70s is a waste of time
- Being funny is better than being sarcastic
- What if Hannah Baker from “13 reasons why” is a bitch?
- Why does Tom always get beaten by Jerry?
- Erectile dysfunction is a blessing to ending the global population
- Why are stupid people party poopers
- Are blondes dumb?
- Weed is the cheapest cure for depression
- Why do students get to enjoy parties and married people don’t
- Every student should be given an A
- Fighter jets should be used to transport passengers, not bombs
- There should be no salaries for the president and their cabinets
- Colleges should allow free alcohol and drugs
- iPhone can make you beautiful even if you’re not
- What if we drink 6 glasses of wine than water
- Smoking improves your health
- We don’t owe the government any tax
- Stealing from the bank is good
- Chocolates increase the lifespan of diabetics
- Insulin is poison
- My doctor should pay me for visiting the clinic regularly
- Mandatory education should start after reaching 30 years of age
- College professors can teach better when they’re high
- Waking up all night is good for our health
Guys, what about these funny and best-convincing speech topics? We know they are hilarious and make the spoken words of a stand-up comedian. After reading this blog, there’s no need to ask your friends or classmates please write my essay or a speech for my college assignments, etc.,
If you are still unsure, hire an essay writer on the cheap to get your work done on a snap.
Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students
- A complete ban on gun sales to reduce mass shootings
- The smoking industry should be regularized by hefty fines and taxes
- Why is medical care not free for everyone in the US?
- Colleges are unable to provide quality education
- Why do assignments and homework take quality time from students’ lives
- Uniforms shouldn’t be mandatory in private schools
- Drugs and parties are killing students’ creativity
- Why is marrying in college a mistake?
- Love hurts more in your teenage than in old age
- Paying the tuition fees is a big headache
- College life is make-it or break-it
- Poor grades don’t necessarily mean failure in goals and the future
- College life is boring
- Why are poor students better at academics than richer ones
- There’s no peace in college life
- Essay writing skills student’s creativity
- Research papers are worse than death
- 21st century best innovation by science
- Can electric vehicles take over internal combustion engines?
- Worst nuclear disasters that shocked the world
- Can AI someday take over the entire human civilization
- Meta verse and its implications
- PUBG and its adverse effects on students
- Millennials’ lack of interest in politics
- Why do top colleges have only a 5-10% acceptance rate?
So, here are great compelling speech topics. You ask for it, and we give you one. Choose anyone you like or see fit to your needs and speech requirements.
- Ethical Persuasive Speech Topics
- Why mobile phones should be banned in classrooms
- Eating meat is cruel
- Eco-friendly means human-friendly
- Lying is the biggest culprit behind divorce
- Abortion should be considered a fundamental human right
- Mental health should be the first priority
- Separation of state and religion
- A thin red line between religious fundamentalism and terrorism
- Ethics vs. morality
- Making a society better through social media
- Bullying in high school
- Physician-assisted suicide should be legal
- Roman Catholic Church’s firm stance on suicide
- Why society doesn’t accept lesbians the same way as normal couples
- Killing is human nature; how to overcome such thoughts
- Introverts are more creative than extroverts
- Fall of social values in 2023
- Islamophobia and attacks on religious minorities
- Why the fall of the Roman empire serves as the best example for us
- Declining interest in literary arts in modern societies
- Which is worse? Lying or stealing
- Why are we using genetically modified foods?
- Should weed be legalized when alcohol already is?
- The use of opioids in medical practice is the gateway to addiction
- Is a clash of civilizations a reality?
Student, do you like the above-mentioned persuasive speech ideas? We know they are superb. Choose and write.
- Unique Persuasive Speech Topics
- Is Batman more powerful than Superman?
- Will we see stem cell research taking over traditional medicine?
- Why is Ferrari everyone’s dream car?
- Why Covid vaccines showing brain cell damage in elders?
- Why do American presidential candidates fail in delivering a good persuasive speech
- Is remote working more effective than on-site working?
- Failure of corporate culture in America
- Rise of telecom giant Blackberry and its decline
- Why Egyptians were better than Mesopotamians
- How Chinese influence is challenging American interest in the world
- Why mermaids present a great view of human psychology
- Why one-day Atheism will rule the world
- Do news channels sell information?
- Vlogging will end Hollywood
- How did the Interstellar movie inspire the scientific community to search for new earth?
- End of civil liberties in Hong Kong
- Pizza vs. Hamburger. Which is better?
- B-21 Raider will outperform F-22 raptor
- Chinese Yuan vs. United States Dollar. Which will become a global currency?
- Is Keto-diet enough to lose weight?
- Why are antidepressants not the cure for depression?
- Is loneliness a risk factor for suicide?
- Rise of the rape case in North America
- Endangered species and their hunt by billionaires
- Are introverts more prone to become serial killers?
Students after using these topics, you’ll be able to write a successful persuasive speech effortlessly.
- Persuasive Speech Topics For Teens
- Why is the school system making teenage life hard?
- Getting married in the teenage for professional athletes
- Teenage pregnancy and its consequences
- Why is renewable energy the solution we need?
- Is the death penalty ethical in 2023?
- Teenage suicides are caused by bullying
- Is “13 Reasons Why” showing the reality of American high schools
- You’ll never get another shot at teenage life
- Why is dancing in teenagers not weird?
- Music therapy for Teens
- Why are teens more interested in cyberbullying?
- Can we educate teens, or should they learn from their own mistakes?
- Why do teenagers like TikTok?
- Rise of social media and its adverse effects on teens
- Can we end the rise of selfies, or will it grow more?
- Why do teens love to take Viagra?
- Animal testing should be banned.
- Teens love violent video games
- The military budget should be used for student debt paying
- Vampires vs. Werewolf. Which creature is loved by high school students?
- Why do college athletes love watching porn?
- Should colleges ban smoking on the premises?
- Eating disorders in teens
- Is Hollywood badly influencing students into misuse of cell phones?
- Getting a job is better than playing video games all day.
Students, we know you guys are impressed with these persuasive speeches. We already give you many choices to choose a persuasive topic. The rest is on you to start the writing process.
We’ve done it. Students, you wanted top persuasive speech topics, and we delivered them to your doorstep. Now get ready to impress your class with a compelling presentation that ensures top grades. If you’re still trembling, order now and get the best assignment discount.
Table of Contents
- Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students
Perfect essay writing is the top platform for writing customized research papers, thesis, and academic essays
- 100% Unique Essays
- Professional Writers
- 5000+ Papers Written
- 365 days service availability
- Subject Experts
- Assignment Writing Service
- Biography Writing Services
- Opinion Essay Writing Service
- Cover Letter Writing Service
- Critical Analysis Essay
- Romeo and Juliet
- Admission Essay
- Analytical Essay Writing Service
- Personal Statement
- Research Paper Writing Service
- Dream Essay
- Annotated Bibliography
- Dissertation Writing Services
- Contrast Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- College Essay Writing Service
- Application Letter
- College Paper
- Thesis Statement
We'll revise your work until you're 100% satisfied or refund your payment to make up for the trouble.
We are a team of professional writers providing quality-assured essays, research papers, and assignments. We bring the most affordable services for you with multiple revisions. Get plagiarism-free content with Turnitin pass and on-time delivery. We Create Great Content, Value, & Reliability!
- Our Writers
147 Persuasive Essay Topics To Keep Them Interested
Dec 21, 2022
Dec 21, 2022 | Topics
Are you looking for interesting and persuasive essay topics to keep your readers engaged? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of 100 persuasive essay topics that are guaranteed to spark some debate and keep your audience interested.
When writing a persuasive essay, it’s important to try and convince the reader of your point of view. Here are some good persuasive essay topics that will get your creative juices flowing:
Persuasive Essay Topics For Kids To Keep Them Interested College Persuasive Essay Topics Sports Persuasive Speech Topics To Wow Your Audience
Best Persuasive Essay Ideas
- Should high school students be required to undergo drug testing?
- Which animal makes the best pet: cats, dogs, or something else?
- Is the United States doing enough to combat climate change?
- Should the government provide free college education to all citizens?
- Is it fair for professional athletes to make millions of dollars a year?
- Should the legal drinking age be raised or lowered?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should the use of exotic animals as pets be banned?
- Should the government do more to regulate the fashion industry’s impact on the environment?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should schools implement year-round school education instead of traditional summer breaks?
- Should violent video games be banned?
- Should sex education in schools be taught?
- Is it time to legalize marijuana in the United States?
- Are hot dogs the “all-American” food?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for consumption?
- Should social media companies be held responsible for online bullying and harassment?
- Should zoos be banned?
- Should animal testing be allowed in the cosmetics industry?
- Should the government ban single-use plastics?
Persuasive essay topics about animals:
- Should trophy hunting be banned?
- Should animal circuses be outlawed?
- Should factory farming be illegal?
- Should pets be given the same legal protections as humans?
- Should there be stricter laws to protect endangered species?
- Should zoos be banned and animals be allowed to live in their natural habitats?
- What are the ethical considerations for using animals for medical research?
- Are animal rights the same as human rights, or are they fundamentally different?
- Who is responsible for protecting endangered species and preserving biodiversity?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce animal cruelty in factory farming?
- Should animals be used in entertainment, such as circuses and rodeos?
- What are the pros and cons of domestication and keeping pets?
- Who should bear the responsibility for controlling the population of stray animals?
- What are the best ways to raise awareness about the importance of animal conservation?
- Are there any viable alternatives to animal testing for consumer products?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Animals for Students
Persuasive Essay Topics About Food
- Should food companies be required to label genetically modified ingredients on their products?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of a vegetarian or vegan diet?
- Are organic foods worth the extra cost, or are they just a marketing gimmick?
- Who is responsible for ensuring people access healthy, affordable food options?
- What role do cultural and personal food preferences play in nutrition and health?
- Should the food industry be held responsible for the obesity epidemic?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce food waste and increase sustainability in the food system?
- Who should be held accountable for the environmental impact of industrial agriculture?
- What are the best strategies for encouraging people to make healthier food choices?
- Are there any viable alternatives to factory farming that can meet the increasing demand for animal protein?
Controversial Food Topics
Persuasive Essay Topics About Sports
- Should college athletes be paid for their participation in sports?
- What are the potential risks and benefits of children specializing in one sport at a young age?
- Are professional sports leagues doing enough to address player safety issues and long-term health?
- Who should be responsible for regulating the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports?
- What are the most effective ways to increase diversity and inclusion in sports?
- Should the use of artificial turf be banned in professional sports?
- What are the pros and cons of having a salary cap in professional sports leagues?
- Who should bear the responsibility for paying for the construction and maintenance of sports facilities?
- What are the best ways to prevent and address cheating and corruption in sports?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current model of collegiate sports?
Sports Argumentative Essay Topics To Ace Your Paper Sports Debate Topics That Will Keep You Connected Sports Informative Speech Topics To Wow Your Audience Sports Persuasive Speech Topics To Wow Your Audience Sports Research Paper Topics You Need to Know Controversial Sports Topics Sports Essay Topics for Students
Persuasive Essay Topics About Entertainment
- Should there be stricter regulations on depicting violence in movies and television?
- What are the ethical considerations of using CGI to de-age or recast actors in movies and television shows?
- Are streaming platforms doing enough to support and promote diverse content and creators?
- Who should ensure that children’s media is age-appropriate and educational?
- What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of binge-watching television shows?
- Should there be a limit on the number of remakes and adaptations in Hollywood?
- What are the pros and cons of using social media to promote and discuss movies and television shows?
- Who should pay for the production and distribution of independent films?
- What best ways to support and nurture emerging talent in the entertainment industry?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current model of blockbuster movies and tentpole franchises?
Persuasive essay topics about social issues:
- Should racial profiling by law enforcement be banned?
- What are the most effective ways to combat racism and discrimination?
- Are social media platforms doing enough to address online harassment and hate speech?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that everyone has access to affordable healthcare?
- What are the pros and cons of a free college education?
- Should the government provide universal basic income?
- What are the most effective ways to address income inequality?
- Who should be held accountable for the climate crisis and environmental degradation?
- What are the best ways to support and empower marginalized communities?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current criminal justice system?
Research Paper Topics On Social Issues To Ace Your Paper Social Issues Essay Topics For Students
Persuasive essay topics about education:
- Should standardized testing be abolished in favor of more holistic measures of student achievement?
- What are the most effective ways to improve the quality of education in public schools?
- Are online learning platforms a viable alternative to traditional in-person education?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality education?
- What are the pros and cons of vouchers and school choice programs?
- Should college athletes be required to meet the same academic standards as other students?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce the achievement gap between disadvantaged and privileged students?
- Who should bear the responsibility for paying for higher education?
- What are the best ways to support and encourage lifelong learning?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the traditional model of higher education?
- Should students be required to learn a second language?
- Should the government invest more in public schools?
- Should standardized testing be abolished?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Should online learning be a more prominent part of education?
- Should letter grades be abolished in favor of a different grading system?
- Should schools eliminate homework?
Thesis Topics in Education For an Outstanding Paper Research Proposal Topics in Education Dissertation Topics in Education Education Capstone Project Ideas Controversial Topics in Education Argumentative Essay Topics Education for Students Education Essay Topics for Students Education Research Essay Topics for Students
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the government censor the internet?
- Should the government legalize assisted suicide for terminally ill patients?
- Should the government fund Planned Parenthood?
- Should the government allow controversial therapies, such as conversion therapy?
- Should the government ban the use of cell phones while driving?
- Should the government implement a universal basic income?
- Should the government allow the use of recreational drugs?
- Should the government ban the use of tobacco products?
- Should the government fund research into paranormal activity?
- Should the government fund research into alternative forms of medicine, such as acupuncture and herbal remedies?
Persuasive essay topics about environmental issues
- Should the government ban the use of plastic bags?
- Should the government invest more in renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power?
- Should the government implement stricter regulations on oil and gas companies?
- Should the government invest more in conservation efforts to protect endangered species?
- Should the government fund research into alternative forms of energy, such as geothermal and tidal power?
- Should the use of fossil fuels be banned?
- What are the most effective ways to combat climate change and reduce carbon emissions?
- Are current environmental laws and regulations doing enough to protect the planet?
- Who is responsible for preserving natural habitats and biodiversity?
- What are the pros and cons of nuclear energy as a source of electricity?
- Should the government invest in renewable energy sources?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce waste and increase sustainability in daily life?
- Who should bear the responsibility for cleaning up and mitigating the impacts of environmental disasters?
- What are the best ways to raise awareness about environmental issues and encourage people to take action?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current resource consumption and waste generation model?
Environmental Issues Essay Environmental Debate Topics Environmental Argumentative Essay Topics
Persuasive Essay Topics About Science and Technology
- Should the use of animals in scientific research be banned?
- What are the most effective ways to increase diversity and inclusion in STEM fields?
- Are social media platforms doing enough to combat the spread of misinformation and conspiracy theories?
- Who is responsible for regulating the development and use of emerging technologies?
- What are the pros and cons of using artificial intelligence in decision-making?
- Should the government fund basic scientific research?
- What are the most effective ways to communicate complex scientific concepts to the general public?
- Who should bear the responsibility for emerging technologies’ ethical and societal implications?
- What are the best ways to encourage young people to pursue careers in science and technology?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current model of patenting and commercializing scientific discoveries?
Science Research Paper Topics You Need to Know Technology Debate Topics for Your Next Event Science Argumentative Essay Topics Controversial Technology Topics Controversial Science Topics Science Essay Topics for Students
Persuasive Essay Topics About History and Government
- Should controversial historical figures and events be removed from public monuments and educational materials?
- What are the most effective ways to ensure that history is accurately and fairly represented?
- Are current political systems doing enough to promote democratic values and accountability?
- Who is responsible for preserving historical artifacts and documents?
- What are the pros and cons of nationalism and patriotism?
- Should the government fund the restoration and preservation of historical sites and landmarks?
- What are the most effective ways to encourage civic engagement and political participation?
- Who should bear the responsibility for ensuring that the government is transparent and accountable to the people?
- What best ways to educate the public about their rights and responsibilities as citizens?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current model of representative democracy?
American History Argumentative Essay Topics for Students American Government Essay Topics for Students
Persuasive Essay Topics About Health and Nutrition
- Should the government require restaurants to display nutrition information on their menus?
- What are the most effective ways to promote healthy eating habits?
- Are current healthcare systems doing enough to address preventable diseases and promote public health?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that everyone has access to affordable, high-quality healthcare?
- What are the pros and cons of alternative and complementary medicine?
- Should the government regulate the marketing of unhealthy foods to children?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce the prevalence of obesity?
- Who should bear the responsibility for paying for healthcare?
- What best ways to support and empower people to take charge of their health and well-being?
- Are there any viable alternatives to the current model of healthcare delivery?
Mental Health Essay Topics and Ideas To Ace Your Paper Nutrition Thesis Topics Health Care Debate Topics Nutrition Essay Topics for Students
In conclusion, there are many interesting and thought-provoking topics that you can use for a persuasive essay. By engaging with these topics and considering different perspectives, we can expand our understanding of the world around us and be inspired to take action on the issues that matter most. Ultimately, the key to keeping readers interested in a persuasive essay is to choose a meaningful, relevant, and timely topic and approach it with clarity, passion, and respect for different viewpoints.
Joseph is an Essay Writing guru. He helps students create essays that will strike a chord with the readers.
People also read
- Top 100 Classification Essay Topics for Students
- Top 100 Satire Essay Topics for Students
- Top 100 Tinder Essay Topics For Students
- Top 100 Education Essay Topics for Students
- Top 100 Math Essay Topics for Students
Most Popular Articles
Racism thesis statement example, how to rephrase a thesis statement, capstone project topic suggestions, how to write an abortion essay, should students wear school uniforms essay, list causal essay topics write, respect essay, signal words, great synonyms, informative speech examples, essay writing guide, introduction paragraph for an essay, argumentative essay writing, essay outline templates, write an autobiographical essay, personal narrative essay ideas, descriptive essay writing, how to write a reflective-essay, how to write a lab report abstract, how to write a grant proposal, point of view in an essay, debate topics for youth at church, theatre research paper topics, privacy overview.
100 Persuasive Speech Topics for Students
- Homework Tips
- Learning Styles & Skills
- Study Methods
- Time Management
- Private School
- College Admissions
- College Life
- Graduate School
- Business School
- Distance Learning
- M.Ed., Education Administration, University of Georgia
- B.A., History, Armstrong State University
There is a small but important difference between planning a persuasive speech and writing a persuasive essay. First, if you are planning a persuasive speech, you should think about a topic that can engage your audience. For this reason, you may want to consider a few topics before settling on the one that allows you to be more descriptive and entertaining.
Another important factor when picking a persuasive speech topic is to choose one that can provoke your audience. If you stir up a little emotion in your audience members, you'll keep their attention. The list below is provided to help you brainstorm. Choose a topic from this list or use the list to generate an idea of your own.
- Studying martial arts is good for mind and health.
- Competitive sports can teach us about life.
- Reality shows are exploiting people.
- Community service should be a graduation requirement for all high school students.
- The characteristics that make a person a hero.
- It's important to grow things in a garden.
- Violent video games are dangerous.
- Lyrics in a song can impact our lives.
- Traveling and studying abroad are positive experiences.
- Journal writing is therapeutic.
- You should spend time with your grandparents.
- A laptop is better than a tablet.
- Religion and science can go hand in hand.
- School uniforms are good.
- All-female colleges and all-male colleges are bad.
- Multiple choice tests are better than essay tests .
- We should not spend money on space exploration.
- Open-book tests are as effective as closed-book tests.
- Security cameras keep us safer.
- Parents should have access to students' grades.
- Small classes are better than big classes.
- You need to start saving for retirement now.
- Credit cards are harmful to college students.
- We should have a royal family.
- We should protect endangered animals.
- Texting while driving is dangerous.
- You can write a novel.
- Recycling should be required in the U.S.
- State colleges are better than private colleges.
- Private colleges are better than state colleges.
- We should do away with penny coins.
- Fast food containers hurt the environment.
- Plastic straws are harmful to the environment.
- You can eat and enjoy healthy snacks.
- You can become a millionaire.
- Dogs are better pets than cats.
- You should own a bird.
- It's unethical to keep birds in cages.
- Liberal arts degrees prepare graduates to be better workers than other degrees.
- Hunting animals should be banned.
- Football is a dangerous sport.
- School days should start later.
- Night school is better than day school.
- Technical training is better than a college degree.
- Immigration laws should be more lenient.
- Students should be able to choose their schools.
- Everyone should learn to play a musical instrument.
- Grass lawns should be prohibited.
- Sharks should be protected.
- We should do away with cars and go back to horse and carriage for transportation.
- We should use more wind power.
- We should pay more taxes.
- We should do away with taxes.
- Teachers should be tested like students.
- We should not interfere in the affairs of other countries.
- Every student should join a club.
- Homeschooling is better than traditional schooling.
- People should stay married for life.
- Smoking in public should be illegal.
- College students should live on campus .
- Parents should let students fail.
- Giving to charity is good.
- Education makes us happier people.
- The death penalty should be outlawed.
- Bigfoot is real.
- We should increase train travel to save the environment.
- We should read more classic books.
- Fame is bad for young children.
- Athletes should stay loyal to teams.
- We should reform our prisons.
- Juvenile offenders should not go to boot camps.
- Abraham Lincoln was the best president.
- Abraham Lincoln gets too much credit.
- Students should be allowed to have cell phones in elementary, middle, and high school.
- College student-athletes should be paid for playing.
- Elderly citizens on fixed income should receive free public transportation.
- Colleges and universities should be free to attend.
- All American citizens should complete one year of community service.
- Students should be required to take Spanish classes.
- Every student should be required to learn at least one foreign language .
- Marijuana should be legal for recreational use nationwide.
- Commercial testing of products on animals should no longer be allowed.
- High school students should be required to participate in at least one team sport.
- The drinking age in the U.S. should be 25.
- Replacing fossil fuels with cheaper alternative energy options should be mandated.
- Churches need to contribute their share of taxes.
- The Cuba embargo should be maintained by the U.S.
- America should replace income taxes with a nationwide flat tax.
- Once they reach the age of 18, all U.S. citizens should be automatically registered to vote .
- Doctor-assisted suicide should be legal.
- Spammers—people who bombard the internet with unsolicited email—should be banned from sending junk mail.
- Every automobile driver should be required to take a new driver's test every three years.
- Electroshock treatment is not a humane form of therapy.
- Global warming is not real.
- Single-parent adoption should be encouraged and promoted.
- Gun companies should be held accountable for gun crimes.
- Human cloning is not moral.
- Religion does not belong in public education.
- Juveniles should not be tried as adults.
- American workers should be guaranteed a three-day weekend by law.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
192 Free Ideas for Argumentative or Persuasive Essay Topics
Looking for a good argumentative essay topic? In need of a persuasive idea for a research paper? You’ve found the right page!
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
Academic writing is never easy, whether it is for middle school or college. That’s why there are numerous educational materials on composing an argumentative and persuasive essay , for example. Here, at Custom Writing , we have collected tips and ideas for this type of paper to help you out. Regardless of your grade or year, you’ll find argumentative and persuasive writing topics.
Check out the full list of free argumentative & persuasive essay topics below.
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
✍️ Persuasive vs. Argumentative Essay Topics
- 🎓 Topics on Education
- 🏈 Topics on Sports
- 🔬 Topics on Science & Technology
- 🔥 Other Topics
- 🧑🤝🧑 Topics on Gender
- 📺 Topics on Media & Arts
- 🧭 Topics on Morality Questions
- 👍 Other Topics
- 📓 Writing Tips
🔝 top 10 argumentative & persuasive essay topics.
- Is human cloning immoral?
- Is it ethical to keep pets outside?
- Is euthanasia economically beneficial?
- Can animal hunting be justified?
- Prescription glasses should be free
- Should college be more accessible?
- Cybersport shouldn’t be considered a real sport
- Advertising targeted at children should be banned
- Should immigrants be deported in case of civil disobedience?
- Why cyberbullying is more harmful than traditional bullying
These two genres of an essay are often mistakenly used as synonyms. However, the difference between them is distinct and should be taken into account, depending on the assignment or your purpose.
A persuasive essay gives you a chance to defend your opinion, even if it is an emotional conviction. The aim is to express your point of view as the only correct option, regardless of the possible variants. Your speech can be emotional, yet supported by facts and proper explanation. One opposing point could be discussed, but you should decidedly refute it.
An argumentative essay is a more “polite” way to substantiate your thoughts. No emotions are relevant here. You are supposed to state your opinion and provide logical argumentation . Clear facts and evidence are a must. Then you shall dwell upon the possible controversies and opposing viewpoints. Your speech should sound tactful but reasonable and justified. As a rule, an in-depth research is required to make your point grounded.
Usually topics that are good for a persuasive essay would be perfect for an argumentative one as well. Only the methods of your expression should differ.
👌 Good Argumentative Essay Topics
Controversial issues are lying in wait for our attention in every aspect of our mental and physical lives. How can one tell that a topic is suitable for an argumentative essay? It can be a subject of an ardent quarrel. It shall be highly debatable, and the more possible points of view you can find, the better.
🎓 Argumentative Essay Topics on Education
- Would our world be a better place if college education was obligatory for all? Does the lack of education implicitly cause public conflicts? Should tuition fees be decreased, making higher education a norm rather than a luxury?
- Promotion night is too expensive to be a tradition. There have been classes that donated money saved for the prom for charity. Is all the preparation worth the effort? Could there be other ways of celebrating the end of the studies?
- If engineering students paid less for college than philologists, would more students opt for the former? Are theoretical specialists less important for society? What about other faculties: which do you consider a priority?
- Should the school day be prolonged?
- It is a must for parents to control their children’s marks .
- Parent-teacher meetings are ineffective as parents of the children who need attention the most never attend them.
- Bullying is a severe problem for middle school because teenagers are the most prone to it.
- Should pupils choose their specialization long before college?
- Creativity should be rewarded in studies more than it is now.
- Modern technologies have made cheating easy.
- Summer holidays are unreasonably too long.
- Does physical training improve academic progress?
- Sports and arts are a waste of time for high school students.
🏈 Argumentative Essay Topics on Sports
- Men’s sports are more aggressive than women’s. Discuss American football, soccer, and basketball , as well as other sports equally represented by both genders. Is the lack of aggressiveness make women’s sports less interesting for the spectators?
- Performance-enhancing drugs could give us new records . Despite their social stigma, regulated use could be efficient for professional athletes . Some records are unsurpassable without dope. What could be its effects on health?
- Why do some countries legally forbid betting on sports? It could draw more interest and investments into championships and competitions. Why is sports gambling considered as a negative practice?
- Should cheerleading be officially called a sport ?
- Not every famous athlete can be a professional coach .
- If American football is a high-injury sport, why is it so popular in schools and colleges?
- The Olympics pose too much burden on the host country.
- It is better to practice a specific kind of sport than attend PT lessons at school.
- Sports competitions are so popular only thanks to their sponsors.
- A career in professional sport is too short to be worth the hassle.
- New technologies will spur the creation of new kinds of sports.
- Colleges spend too much money on sports, which could have a better application.
- If a person leaves professional sports , it can destroy their health.
🔬 Argumentative Essay Topics on Science & Technology
- Soon, computers will disappear because everything that surrounds us will be a computer. Walls, tables, chairs, beds, and even road pavement will be digitized. Will our lives become more relaxed, or will technologies make it more stressful?
- Will s martphones ever become a part of the educational process? Many primary schools forbid the kids to bring their phones in class. Gadgets are considered a source of distraction . Is it going to change?
- Will robots steal jobs from people? Some futurologists fear that technologies will dominate low-intellectual jobs. People will do only the work that requires creativity and a certain human factor. Will the cheap workforce become cheaper or be eliminated? Will people become more educated to find employment?
- The time that should have been saved by technologies is wasted on their operation. There are so many gadgets and equipment in our life that we spend many hours looking after them. Is the Internet the biggest thief of time?
- Video surveillance is everywhere. Does it violate the rights of privacy?
- Books VS tablets: will the former survive against the latter?
- At what age should children start having their smartphones ?
- Online studies are for the poor.
- Is television becoming a thing of the past?
- The educational potential of video games is unexplored yet.
- In a decade or two, paper documents will become souvenirs of the past.
- Cars with autopilot technology are more dangerous than traditional ones.
- Will technologies ever make wars pointless?
- Do gadgets make children lonely ?
🔥 Other Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should animals be used for scientific and medical research ?
- Do we need privately run prisons?
- Should death penalty be mandatory for all murderers, or should they spend the rest of their life in prison?
- Do we have the right to exhume bodies of prominent people and move them from one place to another?
- Should Russians finally bury Lenin?
- Better naked, than in furs? Where’s the line in protecting the animal rights ?
- Was Saddam Hussein’s execution an essential point in establishing democracy in Iraq ?
- Should men be allowed to have more than one wife?
- Plastic surgery: a way to promote beauty or destroy it?
- In some Asian countries cutting off a thief’s right hand is still commonly practiced. Do you think this is the best way out?
- Talk about any major issue ( abortion , Iraq, Afghanistan, marijuana legalization, etc.).
- Say why talking about major issues (abortion, Iraq, Afghanistan, marijuana legalization , etc.) all the time not only lessens their importance, but even evokes irritation.
- How atheists and religious people should exercise tolerance with each other because it is a right?
- Was the “ sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll ” era significant, or not?
- Prove that free bagels with sour cream stimulate brain activity.
- A maniac killed 15 little girls and was sentenced to death. One of the local TV stations was asked by the parents of victims to show his execution . The channel gave its agreement, but the transmission was later cancelled. Give your opinion on this situation.
- Vegetarians vs. meat eaters. Whose side are you on? Support your argument.
- Why talking about sex is okay, but talking about cheating is embarrassing?
- Do you agree that there is art for the masses, and elite culture? How do you feel about being among “the masses”? Or do you consider yourself to be a part of the “elites” in this regard?
- If you do not belong among “the masses”, what do you think about The Black Square by Kazimir Malevich ?
- Is it appropriate to replace meeting in real life by online dating ? Social media provides this option for everyone so that it is easy to send a message and do nothing more.
- Should immigrants be given a full range of rights likewise the citizens of a particular country? The processes of globalization make people move and seek for a better life, thus making the problem of immigrants’ rights essential.
- It is not a secret that the majority of crimes concerning children happen at night. Should we introduce a curfew with regards to minors?
- Do you believe that a man and a woman can be best friends without being lovers? Keep in mind that in this case, both of them are heterosexual.
- Convince your readers that cross-cultural marriages promote racial tolerance. Provide the examples of media or your own experience.
- Among good topics to write about, there is the role of lifelong learning in career development. Clarify whether such learning benefits employees or not.
- Come up with vivid arguments to demonstrate that women tend to commit less crime rather than men.
- Single-parent children have fewer chances to avoid doing crimes. What are the main behavioral changes that distinguish them from children with both parents?
- Homeschooling leads to isolation and further depression. Give your opinion on this situation.
- Do you agree that financial rewards and employee loyalty theme is appropriate for college essay topics?
- Is it ethical to legalize euthanasia regarding a patient and his or her family and friends?
- There is no good and no evil . Every action may be considered good or bad depending on a situation and the accompanying factors.
- Reveal your attitudes regarding happiness and selfishness. Can selfish people be happy? Provide fresh examples.
- Music and art proved to be beneficial for prisoners . Should we use them as a means to treat recidivists and serial killers?
- Discuss your perceptions of domestic violence . Ponder over the notion, the process, and the consequences of this issue. Identify your position and state whether you reject or accept domestic violence based on good arguments.
- Illegal immigrants are one of the leading problems in many countries. Should they be judged in their own country or in the one they unlawfully worked?
- Prove that the global political process is fair (and vice versa). Nowadays politics cause plenty of controversies, and it is vital for everyone to have a strong position.
- Do you believe that sex education is a proper way to address teenage pregnancy ? Taking into account that sex education becomes quite widespread , can it eliminate the cases of early pregnancy in teenagers?
- Should parents be obliged to give their permission to their teenage children to buy contraceptives?
- Explain why people should preserve old buildings and monuments, especially those located in small towns and rural areas? This persuasive essay may link to the initiatives of UNESCO.
- Among the good topics to write about, it is possible to note the impact of violent video games . Prove that they cause the reduced compassion to victims and may lead to misconduct in real life.
- Do you think that the closed nature of North Korea presents threats to the global society? Focus on the recent events and tendencies occurring worldwide.
- Revolution on Euromaidan. Should Ukraine reconcile with the annexation of Crimea by Russia or not?
- Finstagram and Rinstagram are becoming more and more popular among teenagers. Should they use social media to hide their lives from parents?
- Many people believe that media affects the image of a female body negatively. Is it correct or not?
- In your argumentative paper, provide some points that illustrate the fact that Congress members are to have term limits.
- Consider the situation with marijuana that legalized in some states . Do you believe that it would increase drug addiction or not?
- Passive smoking effects are quite harmful to a human body to say nothing about annoyance when someone smokes near you. Prove that smoking should be banned in public places .
- Should the law prohibit the use of mobile phones while driving a car ? On the one hand, many accidents occur because of a driver’s inattentiveness. On the other hand, cell phones may be quite helpful while finding a required location or calling to a husband and asking about children.
- Is it critical to include calories in a menu for restaurants , or it is relevant only for those who are on a diet?
- The introduction of pre-employment drug tests is likely to violate an individual’s rights to privacy. Agree or disagree.
- Do you believe that cameras located in public places should be regarded as privacy violation?
- Our media and social networks are full of news about celebrities . Is it appropriate to pay so much attention to their lives instead of focusing on social issues and a common good?
- Prove that media promotes unrealistic views in teenagers. Affected by media reports and propaganda, they are likely to be led by marketing strategies and buy every product they see.
- Should parents control the use of the Internet by their child ? Is it morally acceptable and legally correct?
- Prove the contracting nature of the contemporary Chinese economy on the rest of the world. Things to argue about are the global market and industries.
- The rights of homosexual couples are still not thoroughly followed in many countries and states. Should same-sex marriages be legalized across the world?
- Students are partially responsible for their grades . Should teachers be blamed for students’ low test scores?
- Churches have to pay taxes. As a part of a state, they should be involved in a taxation system and support the budget. Provide your opinion.
- The rapid technology development is dangerous to people, and robots may seize control over the planet. Agree or disagree.
🤩 Great Persuasive Essay Topics
Looking for good persuasive speech topics, think well about your values and mindset. If you are definitely sure in such or another statement, this will be the best topic for a persuasive essay. Usually, these topics are about social issues, because persuasive essay includes the emotional side of your conviction.
🧑🤝🧑 Persuasive Essay Topics on Gender
- Is the difference between men and women dictated by cultural or physiological reasons? Is masculine physical strength so important when we are thinking about the current needs of humanity? Then why do the patriarchal views still reside in our heads?
- Are boys’ feeling less intense or deep than girls’ ones? Do we educate boys to understand and show fewer emotions? Or is it their inherent trait?
- Is gender equality achievable? Is the current state of affairs caused by a lack of effort in this direction? Which means are the most efficient in providing equal rights for all? Is the advanced society already aware of the problem existing between the genders?
- A victim of sexual abuse should not be blamed for weak resistance.
- Gender-neutral education should be promoted at primary schools.
- Sexist advertisement objectifies women.
- Are gender roles being blurred in the course of world history?
- Women also contribute to misogyny .
- Men are irrationally afraid of feminism postulates.
- Should domestic chores be paid in order to defeat gender inequality?
- Why is feminism stigmatized?
- Would a baby be equally happy with his mother or father in a maternity/ paternity leave ?
- The conflict between work and home is inevitable for women.
- What would our society look like without gender roles ?
📺 Persuasive Essay Topics on Media & Arts
- Television promotes gender stereotypes , although less than a decade ago. Advertisements of domestic appliances show women doing housework and raising children, while men advertise luxury cars and large-scale business.
- The media are talking too much about political issues . Thus the media are making these matters more important for ordinary people than they really are. There are more important things to discuss than politics .
- Today the principal value of art resides in its meaning. Previously the meaning was less critical, but the form was in focus. Lack of attention to form makes some of the modern art “ugly” and appalling.
- Art is growing to be digital. Nobody will use paints and brushes soon.
- Musical education is vital for the intellectual development of a child.
- Art turned out to be very important during the quarantine lockout.
- Globalization has eliminated regional trends in art.
- Does art reflect the world or create new worlds?
- Do you think pop art was influential in American culture?
- The purpose of the news is to be objective.
- Any photo can be edited, so it is not 100% evidence anymore.
- Ancient art was too photographic.
- Every educated person should be able to keep the conversation about arts.
🧭 Persuasive Essay Topics on Morality Questions
- Our beloved ones need their personal space . What does personal space comprise? If one partner controls the expenses and the time out of the house of the other, is it a violation of the rule?
- Can happiness coexist with poverty ? Is there a line below which happiness is impossible? What are the basic needs of a person to be happy?
- A compromise means that both opponents will not get what they want. Which aspects of life require agreements? What are your feelings about the need to trade-off? Is it a good trait of character to be ready for a compromise?
- It is unfair to consider egoism as a lousy feature of the character. Think of situations where moderate egoism could show a positive outcome. If everyone thought of their own profit, would the economy benefit from it?
- It is better to have bad parents for a child than to be an orphan.
- Parents should not read the diaries of their children.
- Our mind is irrational, and our thoughts have no structure.
- Are sexual relationships possible between friends?
- Are all people unique , or are they basically the same?
- Abuse of power is inadmissible even if good aims are pursued.
- Should you intervene if parents are poorly treating their child in a public place ?
- Obscene words bear negative energy, which is transferred from the speaker to the listener.
- We should make love words rarer to make them trustworthy.
- Diligence without talent is a waste of time.
👍 Other Persuasive Essay Topics
- Do you want to have a cosmetic surgery ? Why or why not?
- Is it important to talk openly about the contraception ?
- Which country has the prettiest girls?
- Prove that blondes are actually smart.
- Do you agree that the international image of the USA has been negatively affected by numerous wars ?
- There is an opinion that Daewoos are not cars at all. Are they?
- What do you think about gay marriage ?
- Why driving is permitted from the age of 16, shooting in porn movies from the age of 18 and gambling from the age of 21? Is this right?
- Is it helpful to be skeptical towards anything?
- What do you think about the negative public opinion on thongs and bra straps?
- You’ve got to be kidding! You’ve gotten this far and you still haven’t found the argument essay topic that’s right for you? You’re a real topic enthusiast!
- Your friend is concerned about her grades . Even though they are good, she still stays awake for half of the night getting the assignments and extra credit work ready. Convince your friend that wearing herself out is not the best idea.
- When you moved to this town, it was relatively small. Now that it’s expanding, your parents consider moving to a calmer place. You, however, have friends here that you don’t want to leave. Talk to your parents about the necessity of staying.
- A friend of yours, a skinny girl, thinks that she needs to lose a few pounds. Tell her why losing more weight will only damage her health.
- Your friend is failing his finals. If he doesn’t pass, he’ll be expelled from the university . His studies mean a lot to him, but he’s feeling depressed and doesn’t want to do anything. Renew his faith into himself by persuading him/her to study.
- As a result of political instabilities, a local political organization reacts severely to federal government activity. It plans to throw an act of protest. You know that this endeavor might be dangerous. Your friend, however, is inspired and wants to join. Tell him about possible consequences of getting into an organization or movement that is not trustworthy or highly radical.
- Your mom is not happy with an outfit or makeup that you are wearing for a school dance. Try to calm her down.
- You think that school uniform destroys your individuality. Write a persuasive letter to your principal.
- You are tired of news on TV . They all tell you about the number of victims in the Middle East. Tell why it is unethical for journalists to make money on deaths and war.
- Cheating and lying can sometimes be helpful. Convince your readers by giving bright examples.
- Prove that living in a big city is better than living in a small town (and vice versa) .
- Convince your parents to buy you something.
- Your friends want to go dancing; however, all week you’ve been thinking about bowling. Try to persuade them to go to a bowling club instead.
- You share a room with your younger sister. She has put a poster of Justin Bieber onto the wall, and now you feel like an absolutely humiliated person. Tell her why this poster has to be taken off.
- Take any common fallacy (like the one that wolves attack people all the time), and prove why it is wrong.
- You have your own point of view on marriage and family . Convince your readers why it is correct.
- You want to go study abroad , and there are a number of reasons why you should take someone with you. Persuade a friend of yours to go study abroad with you.
- Your little sister doesn’t want to help you and your Mom around the house. Give her reasons why she has to do it.
- The book you’ve just finished is absolutely fantastic. Explain to your family member/friend why it is so good. Try to persuade him/her to read it, too.
- A history teacher thinks that showing the movie Pearl Harbor will be sufficient to cover the material on World War II. Prove that you are eager to know more than this, and explain why it’s important to learn the lessons of the past.
- Tell why it is important to know more than one foreign language .
- Imagine that you are a person directing TV shows and monitoring them. Do you have the responsibility to be more diverse than earlier? Should you include people of different ages, races, and gender in your TV shows to ensure diversity awareness in the viewers?
- You are a parent of two teenage daughters who seem to be hiding something from you. The laptop of one of them has no password, and you can easily access it when all family members are out of the home. Would you view her messages to understand her secrets?
- As a homosexual person with the permanent partner, you want to adopt a child. The challenges encountered by you are overwhelming and discriminating. Provide arguments showing that same-sex couples should have the same procedure of fostering a child as traditional families.
- After playing six hours in a row in a famous video game, you feel aggressiveness and a desire to quarrel with somebody. List arguments to prove some negative impact of such games that, probably, depends on the time spent playing.
- Your sister is a vegetarian , and she promotes the same eating habits in her 4-year-old son since his birth. You see that the boy is dystrophic and passive compared to his peers. Convince your sister that there is a need to visit a nutritionist and change the child’s eating patterns.
- The preparation of a survival plan to an emergency situation is a must-have. Harvey and Irma showed that every family should have a survival plan.
- Religious freedom is a myth. It is impossible to ensure that everyone is free in choosing religion.
- In your debate essay, prove that lesbian mothers and gay fathers do not promote deviant behaviors in their children.
- Think about the arguments that you can state in favor of a mandatory certification of the future parents. Special courses are to be completed before becoming parents to have a clear vision of how to care for a child.
- There is a need to prohibit biological and nuclear weapons to protect the world from irreversible damage to people and environment.
📓 Argumentative & Persuasive Essays: Writing Tips
🗺️ planning the essay.
- What is your opinion? Decide which side of the problem you would like to adhere to and why. It is important to be confident in your opinion as your purpose will be reassuring your readers.
- Who will read your essay? Knowing your reader is half of the success. Think of what their opinion on the problem could be. Would they agree with you or not?
- Research is essential. Be it an argumentative or persuasive essay, only facts and evidence will help you speak convincingly.
- Choose the format. What is expected from you: tactfulness and respect to the conflicting views (then it needs to be an argumentative essay), or assertiveness, and emotional speech (in this case, opt for a persuasive essay)?
📝 Writing the Essay
- Your opinion should sound expertly and confidently.
- Hooks in the introduction part will help you catch the reader’s interest.
- Avoid vague statements without substantiation.
- The conclusion is your last word to convince the reader. Restate your opinion, recalling your principal argument.
🗓️ Outline Example for a Persuasive Essay
- Grab the reader’s attention with a hook. What is the most exciting thing about your topic?
- Give background information about the topic. What will help the reader understand your argument better?
- State the conflict in a short but meaningful phrase. Use an informative speech thesis statement generator to come up with a concise and informative piece.
The Main Part
- Dedicate the first paragraph to the most persuasive argument in favor of your opinion. If applicable, give one counter-argument and immediately discredit it.
- In the second paragraph, describe all the other relevant arguments. Keep your speech coherent and concise.
- In an argumentative essay, the third paragraph shall be dedicated to the opposing point of view. Why does it have the right to exist, and why don’t you agree with it? In a persuasive essay, the third paragraph is more like the first two, where you are supposed to argue your opinion.
Give the essence of your discourse here. The conclusion is your last chance to convince the reader. Find the most powerful words to summarize your arguments. You can finish your piece of writing, highlighting the importance of your point of view and the topic in general.
You might also be interested in:
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Best Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- 197 Inspirational & Motivational Argumentative Essay Topics
- Great Persuasive & Argumentative Essay on Divorce
- Gun Control Essay: How-to Guide + Argumentative Topics
- Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas – Easy and Interesting
- Free Exemplification Essay Examples
🤔 Argumentative & Persuasive Essay FAQ
An argumentative essay is an academic paper discussing a highly controversial issue from two or more points of view. The author should adhere to one of the possible opinions as a result of such a discussion.
Any debatable problem could be a good topic . Here are some examples:
- Global heating
- Genetic engineering
- Technology VS humanity
- Thoughtful parenting
- World leadership
A persuasive essay shall show your emotional opinion about a problem. Therefore, a good persuasive essay topic needs to raise issues of morality, politics, sociology, or any other aspect of life that raises a strong emotional response.
- Write down and argument outline: why is your question debatable? It will be your introduction.
- Select the opinion you support. It will be your first paragraph.
- Give one or several opposing views in the second paragraph.
- Sum it up, stating your opinion once again.
- Writing a Research Paper: UW-Madison Writing Center
- Persuasive Essay Structure: Arizona State University
- Argumentative Essays: Purdue Online Writing Lab
- How to Write an Argumentative Essay: a Step-by-Step Guide by Virginia Kearney
- How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay Introduction: Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay: Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Social issues in America: the Library of Congress catalog
- Global Issues Overview: the United Nations
- 6 GLOBAL ISSUES TO WATCH IN 2019: the United Nations
- Introduction to Persuasive Speaking: Lumen
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Thank you. This will help.
Thank you, Summer 🙂
Much appreciated for your kind words, Carroll 🙂
You are welcome
And here is one more post about argumentative papers: 30 Best Argumentative Research Paper Topics
You’re totally right, Oliver! Thank you for the help.
Happy to hear it 🙂
These ideas are helpful, but I can’t do any of these because they are a little too inappropriate. 🙁
True, I’m looking for one for my school project, and none of this can work for me.
Could you tell us more about your school project? Perhaps we can help 🙂
Thanks for the feedback, Kass! But why do you think the ideas are inappropriate?
It’s totally helpful and the ideas are quite amazing. Thanks!
Thanks for your kind words, Shane! Glad you liked them. Come back for more 🙂
This website has many persuasive topics that I would’ve never thought of; it helped me a lot!
Thanks for such kind words!
Recommended for You
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics: 285 Simple Ideas for 2023
A persuasive speech on any topic is a performance designed to convince people about something and prove your point. Choosing a suitable topic is crucial for your speech’s success. Do you need some help with finding easy topics for a persuasive speech? Then check these fantastic and easy ideas from...
Good Informative Speech Topics: How to Get Thunders of Applause
Do you know the secret place where people go to get their good informative speech topics? Looking for an interesting topic for speech? Congratulations, because you’ve just found it! So, if you’re ready to get some really good topics for an informative speech, all you need to do is to...
348 Interesting Proposal Essay Topics and Ideas for 2023
A proposal argument is an essay in which you describe a specific issue that needs fixing. It focuses on problem solutions. Are you interested in writing high-quality proposal essays? Or maybe you’re wondering what can make your writing truly outstanding? Here you will find answers to these questions as well...
217 Motivational & Inspirational Essay Topics
Sometimes you just wish there was a marketplace with vendors shouting, “Topics for argument essays! Who wants inspirational topics to write about?” Well, you are lucky enough: you’ll find plenty of inspiring things here! Coming up with some argument essay topics is quite easy! In this article, you’ll find some...
260 Controversial Debate Topics and Questions for Discussion
Are you searching for original, thought-provoking, and really controversial debate topics? Here they are! Selecting any of these 25 controversial topics for debate from Custom-writing.org, you can guarantee a heated dispute in class or exciting polemics with your friends. But first, let’s figure it out, what is debate and how you should pick up great...
Memorable Event in School Essay: Writing Tips + Ideas
Perhaps, each person has unforgettable memories of school life. It might be their first day when everything seemed to be exciting and unknown. Or it might be some picnic or trip when they spent a great day outside with their classmates. Writing a high school experience essay requires you to...
Writing help, paraphrasing tool, persuasive essay examples, disney princess stereotypes.
My name is Claire Roark and I go to Poudre High School in Fort Collins, Colorado. Like you, I love to inspire the younger generation to succeed in their goals and to follow their dreams no matter what. I appreciate your passion for creating entertainment for people of all ages and have been watching Disney […]
ACL Injuries Among Football Players
Abstract Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries may arguably be the most prevalent of all knee injuries among football players. The ACL is a cruciate ligament located within the knee that helps stabilize the entire leg. Also, this ligament serves to protect the knee from awkward flexion or extension. The purpose of this issue brief is […]
Alzheimer’s Disease – Disease of the Brain
Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia where the nerves are damaged resulting in memory loss and behavioral changes. It affects people from the age of 40 or usually 65 and it worsens with the years. Patients with Alzheimer’s disease lose thinking skills and the ability to carry out even the easiest tasks. Experts say […]
The clothing worn by men of upper class was a bit different than men in lower class. The same goes for women and children as well. For men of upper class, they had plenty to work with when it comes to getting dressed. It states in the article, ‘Hanson’, ” a man’s outfit would start […]
Black Women Leadership Movement with Ella Baker, Ida B. Wells and Martin Luther King
In the early nineteen-century black women developed their own movements to make changes in their times and for the future, generally focusing on the race, gender, and class. Also, women fought to be seen as “”human, during slavery blacks were treated poorly, many were abuse physical, emotional, treated as property as if they Baker. These […]
We will write an essay sample crafted to your needs.
Outcomes of School Based Suicide Intervention Programs
Introduction As reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2017), “suicide is the third leading cause of death among youth between the ages of 10 and 24, resulting in approximately 4600 lives lost each year” (“Suicide in Youth”, 2017, p.1). The CDC also reports a concerning prevalence of suicide attempts in youth as […]
Police Brutality and its Contributors
In the past two years, the United States has seen an extreme increase in the police use of deadly force. This deadly increase is speculated to have many contributing factors, some contributing factors are, internalized racism, knowing that if they do something they will not be punished, and the blue wall of silence. These are […]
My Understanding of Anxiety
From the outside it’s easy to think someone’s got it all figured out because my hair is curled and my cheeks are intentionally flushed i must not have a care in the world. As if it were expected for my demons to be worn like a scarlet letter pinned to my chest, and they assume […]
What are Virtual and Augmented Reality?
Though the full potential of virtual and augmented realities have not been reached, the technology has nevertheless improved immensely in today’s day and age. What started as an attempt to experience a fantastical world has advanced into an ever expanding industry revolutionizing the world of medicine, gaming, and even learning. Before exploring the true beauty […]
Teamwork in Software Development
In the profession of software development, teams are common. They are very effective in splitting the amount of work among people with different knowledge from the various areas of computer science. Due to complexities of software, it would take one person a long time to code the thousands of lines needed. In the following paragraphs […]
Criminal Law’s Impact Areas of Law Enf
Our criminal justice system is violating our values as a people. A nation that savors liberty now incarcerates more human beings than any other nation on the planet. Like in any other system, it always needs adjustments. We need to have a Criminal Justice System that is effective and that prosecutes individuals in a fair […]
Maternal Immune Activation and Gut Microbiota in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Maternal immune activation (MIA) is correlated with the development of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It is also suspected that autism may be a disease involving the gut’s impact on the immune and nervous systems3. Viral infection in women during pregnancy is correlated with a higher frequency of ASD in their offspring1. To investigate this correlation, […]
Essay about Football Hero
Ty was disappointed and didn’t think that anything mattered. Even though he got underwear and even an ax to cut wood with. His parents died, and he went to Mrs. Tides office and that was during gym class. It left a big hole in his heart and he only answers what he thinks the teacher […]
How does Lord of the Flies Prove Boys Need Adult Guidance to Grow into Civilised Adults?
In the novel, Lord of the Flies, William Golding, suggests that without adults, children will grow up fast. Some are followers and some will rise to the occasion and become leaders. All of these children have one thing in common: they all grew afraid and lose innocence because they have now are boundaries that are […]
One of Rome’s Greatest Leaders
Julius Caesar was born on the July 12, 100 BC. His Father was too named Julius Caesar. His father was a Praetor who governed the province of Asia. His mother was named Aurelia Cotta was of noble family. Both his father and his mother help a Popular ideology of Rome. This favored democratization of government […]
The Role of Julius Caesar in the History
Gaius Julius Caesar was a politically adept and popular military leader of the Roman Republic. (North 23) Best known as Julius Caesar, he critically participated in transforming the Roman republic to what became known as the Roman Empire by expanding its geographic reach and establishing its imperial leadership system . North (25) narrates that Caesar […]
Oedipus Rex – Greek Mythology of Heroism and Tragedy
As part of three Theban plays written by Sophocles, Oedipus Rex is the story of man who consults an oracle and learns of his fate; that he will kill his father and marry his mother. Once learning his fate, he then runs away from “”home. Later, Oedipus becomes king after defeating the Sphinx, that was […]
Strengths and Weaknesses of the World Bank
The World Bank is an international organization dedicated to giving developing nations financial advice and research to help their economic advancement. According to the World Bank’s website they are, “a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries” (worldbank.org). Just like many other organizations, […]
Same-Sex Marriage in America
The common person in the world is looking to be accepted by someone in our society. The generation we are living in is constantly evolving and that brings the acceptance or rejection of new ideas. One of the most spoke upon topics in the recent years has been, the marriage of Homoosexuals, or same-sex marriage. […]
The Approval Process of Supreme Court Justice
The modern world characterized by the rapid transformations in political, economic, social, and cultural spheres which shapes the struggles of values between Democrats and Republicans. Liberal tendencies continuously put pressure on traditional values. Such dynamic in social skills could be reflected in actions made by three branches of government. Supreme Court and its decisions in […]
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and Gun Control
At the point when a nation with under five percent of the total populace has nearly half of the world’s exclusive weapons and makes up almost 33% of the world’s mass shootings, the time has come to quit saying firearms make us more secure (DaShanne Stokes). The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution states […]
The other Wes Moore: Brief Summary and Arrangement
The book “The Other Wes Moore” is structured as a chronological story of two African-American boys named Wes Moore who both grew up a couple blocks away from each other in Baltimore. The book is organized in chapters there are a total of eight chapters in the book each telling a different experience for both […]
Who Killed Yew Case Study Answers
Introduction The purpose of this case study is to find out the basic process of mitosis, which focuses on the basic cellular processes that occur during each stages of interphase, prophase, prometaphase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase and cytokinesis. Mitosis is the process of cell division. It plays an important part in the life for example to […]
Animal Cruelty under the Big Top
P.T. Barnum, who is credited with the creation of the traditional American circus, once said, “The noblest art is that of making others happy.” Barnum, often regarded as the “Greatest Showman”, used his talents to market a new kind of entertainment: a show based on human curiosities and unprecedented phenomena. The circus focuses on providing […]
Money Seems to be
Nowadays, money seems to be the only thing that matters in life and in order to enjoy the money you need more money, it becomes a constant need and an ongoing cycle – this turns into greed and will ultimately corrupt a human’s life leaving them unhappy. In excerpts from Chasing the American Dream: Understanding […]
Mrs Dalloway and the War
This article seeks to present, briefly, how the First World War and especially its consequences, are inserted in Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf, through the work of representation of memory. The writer, an exponent of English modernism, aims, in her works, to place subjectivity on the scene and, therefore, privileges the details and aspects that, apparently, […]
Starbucks Found in a Crisis
Abstract During the beginning of this year, Starbucks faced a crisis management situation where their reputation was likely to be tamed by it. The crisis management team for Starbucks, executed their crisis plan almost immediately after the incident went viral. Organizations around the world, prepare for moments like these where they must act quickly and […]
Gender Wage Gap and Gender Equality
Although men and women have made great strides for gender equality in recent years, the economic pay gap between men and women still persists. The Gender Wage Gap refers to the general gap between what similarly qualified men and women are paid for the same job. It is most commonly measured in the median annual […]
Anorexia Nervosa: Common, Widespread Eating Disorder
Anorexia Nervosa is a very common, widespread eating disorder that affects individuals psychologically, emotionally, and physically. Those suffering from this eating disorder are commonly suffering from extremely low self-esteem and body weight. Individuals struggling with Anorexia typically fear to gain weight and are always conscious of what they are eating. They perceive their body as […]
The Effect of Narration on the Virgin Suicides
“Suicide is like Russian roulette. Only one chamber has a bullet. With the Lisbon girls, the gun was loaded …The…[last] two bullets are impossible to name, but that doesn’t mean the chambers were empty ”(Eugenides 228). The sisters were beautiful, desirable, privileged, and seemingly perfect girls that had everything and yet, they all commited suicide. […]
1. Tell Us Your Requirements
2. Pick your perfect writer
3. Get Your Paper and Pay
Hi! I'm Amy, your personal assistant!
Don't know where to start? Give me your paper requirements and I connect you to an academic expert.
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
Unlock access to 4 million resources — at no cost to you — with a school-funded subscription..
collaborative writing essay topics
Resource types, all resource types, results for collaborative writing essay topics.
- Price (Ascending)
- Most Recent
COLLABORATIVE WRITING BUNDLE: SNOWBALL WRITING
PERSUASIVE ESSAY WRITING: SNOWBALL COLLABORATIVE ACTIVITY
Also included in: COLLABORATIVE WRITING BUNDLE: SNOWBALL WRITING
Argumentative Essay Writing Collaborative Practice DIGITAL Task Cards
Argumentative Essay Writing Collaborative Activity | Printable and Digital
Also included in: Reading and Writing Curriculum for Middle School | Printable and Digital
Writing Unit Plans Bundle - Argument & Literary Analysis
Argumentative Essay Writing Collaborative Activity | Printable | Middle School
Also included in: Argumentative Essay Writing PRINTABLE BUNDLE with Counterclaim Paragraphs
Persuasive Writing Prompts - 20 Topics for Persuasive Essay or Paragraph OLC4O
Also included in: OLC4O - Growing Literacy Bundle for High School - OSSLT Prep - Digital, Print
DEFINITION ESSAY / FORMAT, TOPICS, ESSAY ASSIGNMENT & RUBRIC(S) GOOGLE™ SLIDES
- Easel Activity
3rd Grade Into Reading HMH Writing Workshop Unit 3 Descriptive Essay Bundle
Group Research Workshop – High School – Writing Process, Teamwork & CCSS Rubrics
Also included in: Research Unit Bundle – High School – Analysis, Argument, & CCSS Rubrics
DEFINITION ESSAY / FORMAT, IDEAS, ESSAY ASSIGNMENT & RUBRICS
Collaborative group English Essay/Open-Answer-Response Writing Roulette
9 Collaborative Writing Prompts -Distance Learning (Essay and Narrative)
- Internet Activities
Also included in: Writing Bundle with **FREE Online Writing Resource!** In Class or Distance
Paragraph Writing Activity | Scrambled Paragraph | Print + Digital
Literary Analysis with Literary Analysis Essay! Digital for Distance Learning
Also included in: ELA Summer School Curriculum Bundle - Grades 9-10. Digital for Distance Learning
Informative Writing Unit Research-Based Essay | A Step-by-Step Writing Guide
Also included in: Writing Units BUNDLE! Personal Narrative, Persuasive, & Informative Essay Guides
Argumentative Writing Unit Lessons and Practice Activities
Argumentation Writing Unit: Common Core: Online Collaborative Discussion
Argument Writing Super-Saver Bundle
Holocaust Research Essay: Step by Step Writing Guide - Print & Digital
Also included in: Holocaust Resource Bundle for ELA, History - Print & Digital
Civil Rights Research + Essay Writing Guide | Black History Month | EDITABLE
Informative Essay Writing Review Notes PowerPoint
Personal Narrative Writing Unit | Step-by-Step Narrative Writing Guide
Argument Writing and Rhetorical Analysis Bundle
TPT empowers educators to teach at their best.
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Terms of Service
- Trademark & Copyright
Keep in Touch!
Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter?
EBP Nursing Research Paper Topics and Ideas for NPs [Updated]
Posted on August 12, 2022 |
This article provides EBP Nursing Research Paper Topics and Ideas for NPs, including how to gather evidence for EBP research paper and tips on how to Write an Effective Evidence-Based Practice Research Paper.
What is evidence-based practice?
Evidence-based practice (EBP) is a healthcare approach that relies on the use of evidence to make decisions about patient care. EBP is based on the idea that, in order to improve patient outcomes, practitioners must have access to reliable information about the best practices and treatments available. To ensure that EBP practices are based on sound evidence, nursing researchers must conduct rigorous studies in order to identify effective interventions and treatments.
As you continue, nursingstudy.org/ has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us.
Good Evidence-based Practice Nursing Topics for paper
There are many good evidence based research paper topics in nursing. Some evidence-based practice nursing topics for paper;
- Patient safety interventions for those receiving home health care services
- Implementation experiences with electronic medical records in acute care hospitals
- Measuring quality improvement in long-term care facilities through the use of clinical indicators
- Effects of patient satisfaction surveys on nursing home staff morale and job satisfaction
- Association between patient compliance with prescribed medications and hospital readmission rates
- The role of nurses in caring for patients with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia: A review of the literature
- Assessment and management of diabetic ketoacidosis in hospitalized patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- Effect of obesity on nursing outcomes
- Effects of sleep deprivation on nursing outcomes
- Effectiveness of breastfeeding interventions
- The impact of maternal mental health on nursing outcomes
- Promoting breastfeeding among low-income mothers
- The efficacy of interventions to reduce incidence of postpartum depression
- Factors associated with successful breastfeeding continuation in the first six months postpartum
- The impact of environmental stressors on nursing outcomes
- The epidemiology and natural history of acute infectious complications in neonates and young infants
- Assessment and management of pain in neonates and young infants
- Breastfeeding in adolescents: What parents need to know
- Preventing mother-child transmission of HIV during breastfeeding
- Effects of preterm birth on infant development
Here’s a Full Guide to Evidence-based Practice Research Paper Writing in Nursing [+Examples & Outline]
EBP project ideas for nursing
- Maternal nutritional status and early infant nutrition: Implications for nursing care
- Assessing the quality of life for individuals with intellectual disabilities who are recipients of home health services
- Nursing assessment and intervention for eating disorders in adults
- Racial/ethnic disparities in maternal health care utilization and outcomes.
- Assessing the nursing role in palliative care
- Nursing interventions for managing chronic pain
- Case study on an elderly patient with advanced dementia
- Using evidence to develop rational care plans for long term care patients
- Implementation of evidence-based practice in home health care settings
- The impact of technology use on nursing practice
- Effectiveness of school-based nurse home visiting programs
Current evidence based nursing topics (evidence-based practice nursing topics 2022)
- Using evidence to improve nutrition and physical activity counseling for seniors
- The effect of wound healing therapies on nurses
- The use of evidence-based interventions to prevent falls among older adults
- Effects of sleep deprivation on nursing staff
- Understanding and using research findings to guide clinical decision making in neonatal intensive care units
- Achieving best practice outcomes in pediatric acute care unit through the use of evidence-based guidelines and protocols
- The impact of medication errors on nurses and patients
- Evaluation of a randomized controlled trial of a mindfulness-based stress reduction intervention for nurses working in intensive care units
- Comparative effectiveness research in adult primary health care settings: issues and challenges
Examples of ebp nursing questions (ebp questions for nursing projects)
- What is the evidence for using psychological interventions for patients with dementia?.
- What is the evidence for using music therapy in the treatment of mental health conditions?
- What is the evidence for using activity therapy to treat anxiety disorders?
- What is the evidence for using aromatherapy to treat depression?
- What is the evidence for prescribing antibiotics to patients with acute respiratory infections?
- What is the evidence for prescribing pain relievers to pregnant women?
- What is the evidence for prescribing omega-3 fatty acids to reduce heart disease risk?
- What is the evidence for prescribing antidepressants to children and adolescents?
- What is the evidence for prescribing antipsychotic medication to patients with schizophrenia ?
- What is the evidence for prescribing acupuncture as a treatment strategy for pain management?
- What is the evidence for recommending physical activity interventions as part of weight loss programs?
- What is the evidence for recommending dietary changes as part of weight loss programs?
- What is the evidence for recommending relaxation techniques as part of stress management programs?
- Here’s How to write a Critical Analysis in Nursing
PICOT Nursing Research Topics Projects
- Nursing research on sleep deprivation and its effects on nursing patients.
- Effects of sleep deprivation on the nursing process.
- Effects of sleep deprivation on nursing staff.
- The effect of sleep deprivation on patient safety.
- Nursing research on the use of mechanical ventilation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- The effect of short-term stress on nursing staff and patients.
- The effects of fatigue on nursing caregiving tasks.
- Assessment tools used to measure the quality of care provided by nurses during periods of sleep deprivation or stress.
- Research studies investigating the effectiveness of new interventions to improve nurse staffing dynamics during periods of high demand or stress.
- The effect of electronic health records (EHRs) and their use in facilitating or impairing nurse productivity during periods of high demand or stress
You might also be interested in Capstone Project Ideas for Nursing Leadership
Good EBP Nursing Research Paper Topics in nursing
- Evaluating the Nursing Role in Patients with Chronic Conditions
- Promoting Mental and Physical Health in Nursing Home Residents
- Using Evidence to Improve Patient Care Delivery
- The Impact of Technology on Nursing Practice
- The Role of Nursing Research in Clinical Practice
- Effectiveness of Interventions for Fall Prevention in Older Adults
- Effectiveness of Therapeutic Touch for Nursing Home Residents with Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease
- Measuring Quality of Life in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
- Reducing Length of Stay in Hospitalized Patients by Improving Nurse-Patient Communication
- Using Technology to Enhance Patient Safety and Reduce Healthcare Costs
List of Evidence Based practices in nursing
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Acute Pain Management Strategies for Hospitalized Patients
- Predicting Successful Rehabilitation Outcomes Following Stroke
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Psychological Therapies for Older Adults with Depression or dementia
- Advocating for Patients with Intellectual Disabilities in the Healthcare Setting
- The Role of Nursing Research in HIV/AIDS Care Delivery
- Bridging the Gap Between Traditional and Electronic Health Records
- Identifying and Assessing Risk Factors for Poor Nursing Care
- The Effect of Culture and Practice on Nursing Quality
- The Effect of Medications and Surgery on Nursing Quality
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Interventions to Improve Nursing Quality
Find out more on 130+ Good nursing capstone project ideas to Write About
Nursing evidence based practice topics
- The Relationship between Patient Demographics and Nursing Care Delivery
- The Effect of Technology on Nursing Quality
- Evaluating Acute Care Units through their Safe staffing Levels
- Effects of Infection Control Measures on Nurse Safety and Patient Health
- Promoting a Healthy Environment for Nurses through Nutrition Education
- Investigating the Relationship between Sleep Duration and Nurse Efficiency and patient Outcomes
- Examining the Relationship between Nurse Burnout and Patient Outcomes
- Investigating the Effectiveness of Employee Retention Programs in Improving Nursing Quality
- The Impact of Violence Against Nurses on Patient Care Delivery
Read more on How to Format a CV for a Nursing Position +examples
How do I gather evidence for my EBP research paper?
There are a number of ways that nursing students can gather evidence for their EBP papers. Some students may choose to conduct original research studies, while others may rely on secondary sources such as journal articles or online resources. Regardless of the method used, all nursing students must be aware of the principles of evidence-based practice in order to write effective papers.
1. Follow a systematic approach to gathering data.
In order to ensure that your data is reliable and valid, it is important to follow a systematic approach when collecting information for your EBP paper. This means that you should plan your study carefully, select relevant research materials, and collect data in a consistent manner. If you fail to follow a systematic approach, your data may be unreliable and misleading.
2. Be flexible when gathering data.
Sometimes, data collectors may encounter unexpected obstacles during their research process. For example, if a study is based on interviews with patients or caregivers, it may be difficult to gather the necessary information if those individuals are not available at the scheduled time. In such cases, it is important to be flexible and adapt your study plan as needed.
3. Use valid assessment tools.
When gathering data for your EBP paper, you should use valid assessment tools that have been proven to be reliable and accurate. This means that you should select instruments that have been used in past studies and have been found to be reliable and valid by independent experts . If you fail to use valid assessment tools, your data may not be reliable or accurate.
4. Avoid bias in your data collection process.
Nursing students must always be aware of the potential for bias in their data collection process. This means that they should avoid personal biases (such as prejudices) when conducting research studies. Bias can lead to inaccurate conclusions being drawn from data, which can undermine the validity of your EBP paper.
5. Be transparent about your research findings.
When you finish your EBP paper, it is important to be transparent about your findings. This means that you should share your research findings with your readers, whether they are fellow nursing students or health care professionals. If you fail to be transparent about your research, your readers may not be able to trust the conclusions that you draw from your data.
Find out more on How to write DNP capstone project Methodology Chapter , How to write a DNP Capstone Project Literature Review , How to write a DNP capstone project chapter 1 – Introduction , and DNP Capstone project Abstract Examples [Outline & How-to]
How to Write an Effective Evidence-Based Practice Research Paper
1. Start by considering the purpose of your EBP paper.
Before you begin writing your EBP paper, it is important to consider its specific purpose. This means that you should decide what questions you want to answer and what evidence you need in order to reach those conclusions. If you do not know the purpose of your EBP paper, it may be difficult to write effective sentences and paragraphs.
2. Be clear about the hypotheses that you are testing.
In order to write an effective EBP paper , it is important to state explicitly which hypotheses you are testing. This means that you should identify the specific assumptions that underlie your study and list the data points that support or refute those assumptions. If you fail to make clear hypotheses, it may be difficult for readers to understand your study.
3. Craft a clear research question.
Next, you must craft a clear research question that will guide your study . This question should be specific and concise, and should focus on one specific issue or topic. If you do not clearly state your research question, it will be difficult to write effective paragraphs and sentences.
4. Gather relevant data.
Once you have decided on your research question, you must gather the relevant data in order to answer that question. This means that you should select study materials that are relevant to your topic and that will help you to reach your conclusions. In order to ensure that your data is reliable and valid, it is important to follow a systematic approach when collecting information.
5. Analyze the data carefully.
Once you have gathered the necessary data, it is important to analyze it carefully in order to draw valid conclusions. This means that you must use proper scientific methods (such as statistics) in order to assess the reliability and validity of your data. If you fail to analyze your data properly, your conclusions may be invalidated.
6. Write clear, concise sentences.
In order to write effective EBP research papers, it is important to use clear, concise sentences. This means that you should avoid long, complex sentences that are difficult to read. Instead, you should use simple, easy-to-understand language that will help your readers understand your study.
7. Use examples and case studies in your paper.
In order to illustrate your points, you may want to include examples and case studies in your paper. This can help your readers see the relevance of your research findings in real-life situations. If you do not include examples and case studies , your readers may be left with a difficult task of understanding your study.
8. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible.
When writing an EBP paper, it is important to be clear and concise. This means that you should avoid jargon and technical terms whenever possible. If you do use these terms, you should explain them clearly to ensure that your readers understand what you are saying.
9. Summarize your findings in a conclusion section.
Finally, in order to summarize your findings, it is important to include a conclusion section that synthesizes yourresearch findings. This section should summarize your key findings, provide a summary of the implications of those findings, and suggest how readers can apply your findings to their own practice. If you fail to include a conclusion section, your readers may be left with questions that you did not adequately answer.
With these tips in mind, any nursing student can successfully write an effective EBP research paper.
Need Someone to Write Your paper ✍️ We can Help
A Page will cost you $12, however, this varies with your deadline.
Enjoy the convenience of having a reliable Writer to do your paper at an Affordable Price. With our premium writing service, you no longer have to spend days and nights meticulously working on your assignment, instead use that time to do other important things.
Upon completion, we will send the paper to you via email and in the format you prefer (word, pdf or ppt).
Start by filling this short order form nursingstudy.org/order
And then follow the progressive flow.
Having an issue, chat with customer support online
Nursingstudy.org helps students cope with college assignments and write papers on a wide range of topics. We deal with academic writing, creative writing, and non-word assignments.
All the materials from our website should be used with proper references.
All the work should be used in accordance with the appropriate policies and applicable laws.
- Nursing Essay Writing
- Nursing Dissertations Writing
- Term papers
- Research Papers
- Book Reviews
- Capstone Projects
- Humanities papers
- Healthcare papers
- Finance Papers
- Criminal justice papers
- Management papers
- Religion papers
- Accounting papers
- Technology papers
- Psychology papers
- College essay
- Philosophy papers
- Do my homework
- Write my essay
- Dissertation Help
- Literature review
- Admission essay
- Annotated bibliography
- Technical report
- Creative writing
- Resume Writers for Hire
- Powerpoint presentation
- Buying Research Papers
24/7 writing help on your phone
To install StudyMoose App tap and then “Add to Home Screen”
Corporate governance - Essay Examples and Topic Ideas
- 📘 Free essay examples for your ideas about Corporate governance
- 🏆 Best Essay Topics on Corporate governance
- ⚡ Simple & Corporate governance Easy Topics
- 🎓 Good Research Topics about Corporate governance
Save to my list
Remove from my list
- Ideas to Apply Corporate Governance
- Regulation and Corporate Governance in Business
- Growth of Corporate Governance in Nepal
- A Research on Google’s Code of Conduct and Decision Making
- Corporate Governance: Indian Scenario
- Momentous of Corporate Governance in The Capital Market
- Corporate governance ethics
- Stakeholder theory as an organisational management theory supports good corporate governance
- Revised Corporation Code
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Splitting the Roles of the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer
- Essay about Corporate Governance
- Multilateral vs Bilateral Diplomacy
- Corporate Governance In Australia
- Good Corporate Governance
- The Importance of Corporate Governance in Organizations
- Corporate Governance Assignment
- Transparency in Corporate Governance
- Write about Corporate governance
- Corporate Transparency vs. Corporate Governance
- Earnings Management and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance of Bd
- Efficient Market Hypothesis and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance in Uk
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Good Governance
- The Salient Features Of Corporate Governance On Financial Engineering After The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- The External Institutions of Corporate Governance: regulators, markets, auditors and others
- Analysis of National and Local Guidelines
- Corporate businesses
- Corporate Compliance Plan in Business Management
- Corporate risk management
- Corporate and Human Failure
- Corporate Sponsorship Definition
- Corporate Philanthropy
- Systemic Corporate and Individual Issues with Enron
- Decade of Corporate Greed
- Corporate Law- Promoter
- Business Law and Corporate Ethics
- Strategic Leadership and Corporate Management
- Equirements for the Corporate Computing Function
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.
Here are writing tips for topics for persuasive research paper: Choose a position Understand your audience Conduct adequate research Identify the most convincing evidence With these, you can build the strongest possible argument in your writing process. Now let's look at some of the best persuasive paper topics:
Watch Now: 12 Ideas for Great Persuasive Essay Topics Beginner Kids should get paid for good grades. Students should have less homework. Snow days are great for family time. Penmanship is important. Short hair is better than long hair. We should all grow our own vegetables. We need more holidays. Aliens probably exist.
All persuasive essays have the following: Introduction: Introduces the topic, explains why it's important, and ends with the thesis. Thesis: A sentence that sums up what the essay be discussing and what your stance on the issue is. Reasons you believe your side of the argument: Why do you support the side you do?
There are three main parts to a persuasive essay: The introduction: This is where you introduce your topic and give the reader an overview of your argument. The body: This is where you present your evidence and make a case for your argument. You will need to use strong logical reasoning and convincing arguments.
📌 Top-12 Good Persuasive Essay Ideas Is the Internet safe for young kids? Should we abolish zoos? Can animal testing be ethical? Is euthanasia a human right? Do public libraries need more funding? Is green energy reliable? Can we remain anonymous online? Is gender a social construct? How can debt be relieved for college students?
100 Academic Persuasive Essay Topics How to Choose a Topic Current Event Topic Generator Steps in Writing a Persuasive Paper Social Justice Topics Americans should pay more attention to the way their clothes and shoes are made in order to help prevent child labor abuses.
💡 Interesting Topics 🚌 Transportation 🌿 Environment ⚙ Technology 😃 Easy College Topics 🎶 Music 🌍 Traveling Lifestyle 📺 Media 🏫 Teenagers 📚 Literature 🖐 25 More Topics 👉 How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic for College? The main secret of the successful persuasive essay is a compelling topic.
60 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids and Teens. Use your words to sway the reader. Persuasive writing is one of those skills that can help students succeed in real life. Persuasive essays are similar to argumentative, but they rely less on facts and more on emotion to sway the reader.
112 Engaging Persuasive Speech Topics Sports Should high school athletes get tested for steroids? Should schools be required to have physical education courses? Should sports grades in school depend on things like athletic ability? What sport should be added to or removed from the Olympics?
General Education. One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best ...
A good research topic is the one that has the following characteristics; Specific and Solid - the aims of research and expected results should be clear. Original and Unique - a good research topic should be original. And the research should be aimed to be unique and never done before.
Follow the below-given steps to choose good persuasive essay topics. 1. Consider Your Interest The first step of your exceptional persuasive writing is to choose a topic of your interest. You can talk about the issue more convincingly if you are personally concerned about it.
Here is a list of persuasive paper topics that are simple and perfectly suited for middle school students to write good essays. Should children be paid to do household chores? Participation in sports must be compulsory for all school students. Sodas should be banned in school cafeterias.
Address counterarguments. Rather than waiting for your audience to think up objections to the points you make, do it yourself. Then dispute those objections with additional facts, examples, and anecdotes. Wrap up your persuasive speech with a strong conclusion. In your closing, restate your thesis, tug on your audience's heartstrings one last ...
We have compiled a list of 75 persuasive speech topic ideas covering a wide range of categories. Some of the topics also fall into other categories and we have posed the topics as questions so they can be easily adapted into statements to suit your own viewpoint. Animals Should pets be adopted rather than bought from a breeder?
What side of these political persuasive topics are you on? Take a stab at one of these and the paper will likely fly out onto the keyboard. Should protesters be allowed to block traffic? Do they pose a threat to public safety? Why should you vote? Should same-sex marriage be legal? What is your opinion on protecting religious liberties?
Here are some great ideas that you can use for your essay: Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School Should students be required to wear uniforms in school? What are the benefits of a longer school day? How can technology help improve student engagement and learning? Is it important for all schools to have equal access to resources?
10 Best Persuasive Essay Topics. Including the most interesting, thought-provoking and unique topics, this section contains the ten best persuasive essay topics out there. All problems facing humanity could be fixed with better technology. Embalming is a dangerous practice. Euthanasia should be illegal.
So today I've compiled a list of 10 ideas for persuasive writing topics that are easy, relevant, and sure to inspire your students' creativity and critical thinking skills. ... A persuasive essay could argue that including financial literacy education in the school curriculum would help students develop crucial financial skills and prevent ...
Provide information on how the selected topic may impact the audience. Include any background information pertinent to the topic that the audience needs to know to understand the speech in its entirety. Give the thesis statement in connection to the main topic and identify the main ideas that will help accomplish the central purpose. Body ...
Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students A complete ban on gun sales to reduce mass shootings The smoking industry should be regularized by hefty fines and taxes Why is medical care not free for everyone in the US? Colleges are unable to provide quality education
Select Page. 147 Persuasive Essay Topics To Keep Them Interested. Dec 21, 2022
Everyone should learn to play a musical instrument. Grass lawns should be prohibited. Sharks should be protected. We should do away with cars and go back to horse and carriage for transportation. We should use more wind power. We should pay more taxes. We should do away with taxes. Teachers should be tested like students.
🔝 Top 10 Argumentative & Persuasive Essay Topics Is human cloning immoral? Is it ethical to keep pets outside? Is euthanasia economically beneficial? Can animal hunting be justified? Prescription glasses should be free Should college be more accessible? Cybersport shouldn't be considered a real sport
Oedipus Rex - Greek Mythology of Heroism and Tragedy. Words: 812 Pages: 3 5012. As part of three Theban plays written by Sophocles, Oedipus Rex is the story of man who consults an oracle and learns of his fate; that he will kill his father and marry his mother. Once learning his fate, he then runs away from ""home.
Digital Teaching and Learning. 5.0. (1) $3.00. Html Document File. This collaborative, interactive Jeopardy game allows you to have teams compete on Persuasive writing topics such as: techniques, process, parts of the essay etc.Suitable for Grades 4, 5 or remedial 6. Subjects: ELA Test Prep, Writing-Essays. Grades:
The role of nurses in caring for patients with Alzheimer's Disease and dementia: A review of the literature. Assessment and management of diabetic ketoacidosis in hospitalized patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Effect of obesity on nursing outcomes. Effects of sleep deprivation on nursing outcomes.
Pages • 1. Paper Type: 900 word essay Examples. "The increased interest in corporate governance has mirrored the rise in concern in business ethics generally with the voluminous literature on high profile scandals and failures in firms providing a common base for much descriptive and prescriptive work in both areas.