- Lesson Plans
Technology Lesson Plans
Whether you are looking for technology lessons for your classroom or computer lab, The Teacher's Corner has organized some great lessons and resources around the following: management, integration, keyboarding, and more. Make sure your students are developing their 21st Century skills.
Your creativity can help other teachers. Submit your technology lesson plan or activity today. Don't forget to include any additional resources needed. We also love to get photos!
Technology Lesson Plans and Classroom Activities
Computer and Electronics Glossary This is an award winning Glossary site containing several thousand computer, electronics and telephony terms. Numerous educational groups and organizations have adopted the Glossary into the computer curriculum designed by them.
CyberSmart First-of-its-kind K-8 Curriculum co-published with Macmillan/McGraw-Hill and available free to educators. Original standards-based lesson plans.
Download.com A good place to hunt for freeware for your computer... educational games and more.
Fin Fur and Feather Bureau of Investigation The FFFBI is a fictional, animal-based government crime fighting agency that battles many foes, most notoriously CRUST (the Confederacy of Rascals and Unspeakably Suspicious Trouble Makers) and the Cyber Tooth Tigers. Kids ages 8-12 act as self-appointed field agents, filing their own reports to the Bureau and solving mysteries. The central idea is that through this series of fun and engaging interactive projects kids will learn to use the internet as a tool for research as well all kinds of investigation.
Funbrain.com Where kids get power! This is a neat site of educational games for kids.
How to Set-Up Computers in Your Classroom A great article that will help get you on the right track!
Teach With Movies Find various films to show in your classroom, along with Learning Guides to each recommended film describing the benefits of the movie, possible problems, and helpful background.
FreeMacFonts.com Fonts for your Mac Computer.
Microsoft in Education The Microsoft company had done some leg work for you! Looking for new and exciting ways to integrate technology into your classroom? Look no further.
On-line Games Check out this site! It has a number of on-line games for kids in various subject areas! Submitted by: [email protected]
1001 Free Fonts Fonts for your PC Computer.
Click here to view all of our plans
- All Banner Ads removed from the entire website Note: Subscriptions do NOT allow citation removal from puzzles and worksheets created on our site.
- More stock images to choose from!
- More images allowed per puzzle!
- Many more available fonts! (over 125 fonts!)
- Use ANY font installed on your computer
- 10 word list save slots - and access your saved lists from anywhere!
- More word/clues for crosswords (up to 50)
- More word/clues for match-ups (up to 100)
- More word/clues for fill-in-the-blank (up to 100)
- More word/clues for word scrambles (up to 100)
- More options for Sudoku puzzles
- No wait delays imposed for saving puzzles to an image or PDF
- 'Fake Bank' on our Fill-in-the-Blank worksheets
- More features coming soon
- More Daily Writing Prompts! Over 30 extra prompts for our premium members for each month! (excludes July)
- All subscriptions support The Teacher's Corner!
- FAQ: Can I remove the " Created on The Teacher's Corner " (or similar) citation on the puzzles I create? No . That is not a benefit of our subscriptions. All citations must remain on worksheets and puzzles you create.
- Go here to view our plans and discounts
NOTE:ALL Packages contain the same features, longer subscriptions get better price breaks
SAFE: All subscriptions can be paid via Paypal or Stripe, so your sensitive banking information is never seen nor stored by our website.
Click on Facebook and LIKE US to get up-to-date information about the release of our subscriptions and get valuable coupon codes!
- Sign Up Individual School
8th Grade Science Lesson Plans
- Most Popular
- Most Recent
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Lesson Plan Gr 8 Technology T3 W4: Calculating Mechanical Advantage
CALCULATING MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE
Do you have an educational app, video, ebook, course or eResource?
Contribute to the Western Cape Education Department's ePortal to make a difference.
- Featured Articles
- Report Card Comments
- Needs Improvement Comments
- Teacher's Lounge
- New Teachers
- Our Bloggers
- Article Library
- Featured Lessons
- Every-Day Edits
- Lesson Library
- Emergency Sub Plans
- Character Education
- Lesson of the Day
- 5-Minute Lessons
- Learning Games
- Lesson Planning
- Subjects Center
- Teaching Grammar
- Leadership Resources
- Parent Newsletter Resources
- Advice from School Leaders
- Programs, Strategies and Events
- Principal Toolbox
- Administrator's Desk
- Interview Questions
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teachers Observing Teachers
- Tech Lesson Plans
- Science, Math & Reading Games
- Tech in the Classroom
- Web Site Reviews
- Creating a WebQuest
- Digital Citizenship
- Featured PD Courses
- Classroom Management
- Responsive Classroom
- School Climate
- Dr. Ken Shore: Classroom Problem Solver
- Professional Development Resources
- Graduate Degrees For Teachers
- Worksheet Library
- Highlights for Children
- Venn Diagram Templates
- Reading Games
- Word Search Puzzles
- Math Crossword Puzzles
- Geography A to Z
- Holidays & Special Days
- Internet Scavenger Hunts
- Student Certificates
- Tools & Templates
Newsletter Sign Up
- General Archive
- Health & Safety
- Language Arts
- PE & Sports
- Social Science
- Special Ed & Guidance
- Special Themes
- Top LP Features
- Article Archive
- User Submitted LPs
- Box Cars Math Games
- Every Day Edits
- Five Minute Fillers
- Holiday Lessons
- News for Kids
- ShowBiz Science
- Student Engagers
- Work Sheet Library
- More LP Features
- Calculator Lessons
- Coloring Calendars
- Friday Fun Lessons
- Math Machine
- Month of Fun
- Reading Machine
- Tech Lessons
- Writing Bug
- All Work Sheets
- Critical Thinking Work Sheets
- Animals A to Z
- EveryDay Edits
- Hunt the Fact Monster
- It All Adds Up Math Puzzles
- Make Your Own Work Sheets
- Math Cross Puzzles
- Mystery State
- Math Practice 4 You
- Phonics Word Search Puzzles
- Readers Theater Scripts
- Sudoku Puzzles
- Back to School
- Back to School Archive
- Icebreaker Activities
- Preparing for the First Day
- Ideas for All Year
- The Homework Dilemma
- First Year Teachers
- Don't Forget the Substitute
- More Great Ideas for the New School Year
- Early Childhood
- Best Books for Educators
- Award Certificates
- Bulletin Board Resources
- Classroom Organizers
- Graphic Organizers
- Parent Teacher Communications
- More Templates
Five technology lessons every teacher can teach.
Click each of the headlines below for a complete teaching resource. (Appropriate grade levels for each lesson appear in parentheses.)
Whats Inside My Computer? Students draw a picture of what they think a computer looks like inside. Then they explore more. (Grades 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, advanced)
Mousing Around Practice using a mouse and complete a mouserobics scavenger hunt. (Grades PreK, K-2, 3-5)
Word Processing Can Be Lots of Font! A fun poem activity helps reinforce basic word processing skills. (Grades 3-5, 6-8)
Finding Your Way in the World Wide Web A fun grouping activity teaches about databases. Then students test kid-friendly search engines to find the best one. (Grades 3-5, 6-8)
Theres a Monster in My E-Mail! In this simple collaborative e-mail project, students make new friends as they practice their drawing, writing, and computer skills. (Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12)
ADDITIONAL TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
- PowerPoint -- Creating Classroom Presentations
- Back to School Technology Activities
- K-12 Technology Activities that Work
- That's the Way the Cookie Tumbles
- Excel-lent Middle School Math Lessons
- Web Cams Bring Lessons to Life
- Encourage Student Writing -- Publish on the Web
- Computer Skills Lesson Plans
- CyberSmart K-8 Technology Lesson Plans and Activity Sheets
- Technology Lesson Plans for Grades 1-5
- Computer and Internet Lesson Plans
- Technology Lessons and Projects
- CIESE Collaborative Projects
EW Lesson Plans
EW Professional Development
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter and receive
top education news, lesson ideas, teaching tips and more!
No thanks, I don't need to stay current on what works in education!
COPYRIGHT 1996-2016 BY EDUCATION WORLD, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- The Educator's Network
Discovery Education: Technology Lessons For Grades 6-8 Discovery Education and the Discovery Channel provide a useful organized list of professional development tools for all grade levels. This week, we’d like to focus on grades 6-8 and the resources that exist for teaching technology.
Kids ages 8-12 act as self-appointed field agents, filing their own reports to the Bureau and solving mysteries. The central idea is that through this series of fun and engaging interactive projects kids will learn to use the internet as a tool for research as well all kinds of investigation. Funbrain.com Where kids get power!
Grade Subject Technology : Grade 8 Jonathan Freese DCES: Technology We live with Technology at home, at school, in the sport we play, in the many ways of communicating, transportation by car, train and bus, in hospitals, in the food we eat and the clothes we wear.
Browse our printable 8th Grade Science Lesson Plans resources for your classroom. Download free today!
Lesson Plan Gr 8 Technology T3 W4: Calculating Mechanical Advantage Free Download Type: pdf Size: 0.45MB Share this content CALCULATING MECHANICAL ADVANTAGE Language: English Curriculum Alignment: CAPS aligned Publication Date: 2020-08-07 Grade:
Then they explore more. (Grades 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, advanced) Practice using a mouse and complete a mouserobics scavenger hunt. (Grades PreK, K-2, 3-5) Word Processing Can Be Lots of Font! A fun poem activity helps reinforce basic word processing skills. (Grades 3-5, 6-8) A fun grouping activity teaches about databases.