193 Sports Persuasive Essay Topics [with Tips & Examples]
For many of us, physical activity is an essential part of life. From morning yoga to professional soccer, it helps us stay fit and healthy. Besides, it’s a source of entertainment that can relax us and calm us down.
Writing or talking about sports can be as enjoyable as doing or playing them. Are you passionate about some game or event? Do you have a favorite player? Have you ever participated in a championship? Watched the Olympic games? All these aspects can be explored in a paper, and a good sports persuasive essay topic will help you with that.
Whether you need a subject for public speaking or you are writing a persuasive text, you will find the right idea here. Our professional writers prepared gathered sports persuasive speech topics and essay ideas. So, check out our list to find something you can convince your audience of.
- ✍ How to Start?
- ⭐ Stellar Sports Topics
- ❄ Winter Sports
- ☀ Summer Sports
- 🏈 American Football
- 🏀 Basketball
- 🏋 Olympics Topics
- 🏆 NBA Topics
- 🏃 NFL Topics
- 🏒 NHL Topics
- 🤸 Exercises Topics
🍏 Fitness Topics
- 💃 Dance Topics
- 📝 Writing about Sports
✍ How to Start a Sports Persuasive Essay?
You may be familiar with the term “hook” concerning the essay writing. If not, well, it’s a catchy sentence or two at the beginning of the paper. It’s supposed to intrigue the reader and grab their attention so that they follow your train of thought.
The writer places a hook before the thesis statement of their paper. This way, the reader will be more focused on the core message.
Let’s be real:
Not everyone is interested in sports. Or not in the particular game that you center your paper around. So, in the persuasive essay on sports, a catchy hook is essential. You need an attention grabber to make anyone engaged. Plus, it helps to get a clear understanding of your thesis later. You can check out some college essay examples to better understand what we’re talking about.
So, how can you intrigue from the start?
There are several popular hooks for sports-related essays:
- Quotations . A quotation is an engaging way to introduce your reader to the topic. Make sure the quote is relevant to the rest of the essay. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
- Fun Facts . Use some fun or unexpected info about sports to surprise a reader. It can be a great attention-grabber, especially if a reader is not knowledgeable on the subject. A record 202 countries participated in the 2004 Olympic Summer Games in Athens.
- Personal Experience. Using personal experience in a hook is smart in several ways. First, it gives the reader a sense of the author’s presence. Second, it provides information in an engaging, conversational style. I couldn’t stand the idea of working out when I was younger.
- Anecdotes . Similar to personal experience, anecdotes are entertaining stories. They can be based on a real narrative or be entirely made-up. Your task is to make them humorous. Do you know Jim Thorpe’s response when he received the gold medal for the Decathlon? When the King of Sweden said that Thorpe was the greatest athlete in the world, he said, “Thanks, King.”
- Rhetorical Questions . Rhetorical questions don’t require an answer. They either state the obvious or encourage one’s thinking. Use them in a hook to immerse the reader into the subject. If LeBron James ends up taking the Cleveland Cavaliers to the playoffs now, and Carmelo Anthony can’t take the Denver Nuggets to the playoffs, what do you think that does to the Rookie of the Year voting?
- Useful Definition . Starting the first paragraph with a definition sets the tone for your essay. It is an informative, specific lead to your topic. Deck work is the mood-setting moves performed on the deck once the music starts before the swimmers enter the water.
- Controversial statement . There are usually two sides to any controversy. Your reader will either agree or disagree with a given statement but will stay invested. The U.S. men’s soccer team won’t win a World Cup in the foreseeable future.
⭐ 12 Best Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
- College Basketball.
- Sports Psychology.
- Ticket Prices.
- American Football.
- Soccer Championships.
- Sports Education.
- Controversial Matches.
- 2022 Olympics.
- Youth Sports.
🍂 Persuasive Essay Topics: Seasonal Sports
Some sports activities differ from one time of the year to another. Here is a list of good persuasive essay topics about seasonal sports:
❄ Winter Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- The launch of The Winter Dew Tour has greatly Improved Snowboarding Culture in the US .
- Recent Climate Change Trends pose a significant threat to the winter sports industry.
- Cross Country Skiing is the least dangerous of all winter sports.
- Figure skating judges are biased .
- Violence in hockey is often encouraged by fans.
- Ski jumping is better than snowboarding.
- North Korea stole the show during Pyongyang winter Olympics.
- The Winter sports apparel market will keep growing regardless of the global crisis.
- Fake snow should not be used for winter sports.
- Bobsleigh is not a serious sport.
☀ Summer Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Golf is a rich man’s favorite sport.
- Horse showing is underrated in the US .
- Boxing is better than MMA. Are boxers better athletes than MMA fighters?
- More American Universities should invest in organizing summer sports camps.
- It’s time to cancel the NBA summer league.
- Gymnastics is the most aesthetically pleasing sport.
- Wimbledon is not as prestigious anymore.
- Skateboarding should not be a part of the Olympics.
- Alcohol consumption should be prohibited during the Tour de France.
- Martial arts are practiced only for defense purposes .
- Nike is the best producer of golf equipment .
- Badminton is harder to play than tennis.
- Lacrosse and field hockey are the same sport.
- Swimming should be a mandatory skill for everyone.
- Surfing is the most difficult of all water sports.
🏏 Sports Persuasive Essay Topics: Games
Games can be one of the most exciting things about sports. Take a look at the persuasive essay topics about team sports:
🏈 American Football Persuasive Essay Topics
- Football is too dangerous for its players . Concussions and other brain injuries are common in American football.
- American football philosophy is inseparable from American identity .
- American football is more profitable than baseball .
- Companies should stop placing ads on the player’s uniform. Elaborate on the distracting factor. Can it lead to more injuries among the players?
- College athletes who play American football should get a better insurance plan.
- The Canadian football league is more fun to watch than the NFL.
- Rugby is harder to play than American football.
- College football players should get higher scholarships.
- More awareness should be raised about racist team names in football.
- The football helmet is an essential part of the equipment.
- Of all contact team sports, American football is the most dangerous .
- There should be an age limit for young kids to start playing football.
- The tradition of American football has created a tightly-bound community.
- American football cultivates unnecessary violence and aggression.
- American football conveys a wrong image of masculinity.
⚽ Soccer Persuasive Essay Topics
- FIFA World Cup is the most profitable yet corrupt soccer event in the world . Should its policies be reconsidered?
- FIFA’s primary mission is to promote peace and intercultural communication .
- Soccer World Cup is not well adjusted for the international crowd.
- Women’s soccer gets fewer media coverage than men’s soccer.
- Virtual reality is soccer training that can replace conventional training methods.
- The World Cup events bring severe damage to the countries that host them.
- Soccer drills are the most effective training strategy.
- Different techniques for kicking a soccer ball are a critical element of the game.
- Despite all the risks, soccer is the best investment in the sports industry .
- Soccer has become an integral part of Saudi culture .
- The World Cup bidding system is too corrupt.
- Girls soccer teams should be allowed to compete with boys soccer teams.
- Karl Henning is a better businessman than a soccer player.
- Soccer coaching ethics should be stricter.
- Soccer is the most popular team sport of the century .
🏀 Basketball Persuasive Essay Topics
- UCR’s Women’s Basketball uses inefficient marketing strategies .
- We should reconsider the age range for basketball game players.
- There should be a female version of the Big East conference.
- Racial prejudices are a prominent issue in basketball.
- College basketball players should get paid for each game.
- Michael Jordan and LeBron James should not be compared.
- Basketball is the least traumatic team sport.
- Schools should encourage and support girls’ basketball teams more.
- Basketball is a more exciting game than soccer.
- Height is not a decisive factor in basketball.
- There is a link between basketball and hip-hop.
- The use of Native American imagery for basketball mascots is offensive.
- Basketball is a more American game than football.
- Basketball used to be more accessible.
- Basketball games in movies are not realistic.
⚾ Baseball Persuasive Essay Topics
- Baseball is more profitable than football.
- Baseball games should incorporate instant replays.
- Major League Baseball should carry out tests on steroid use among players .
- MLB should invest more in seeking out young talents .
- Pitchers play the most influential role in baseball.
- Princeton University Youth Baseball and Softball Association is a great initiative.
- Baseball is more interesting to watch than cricket.
- Data collection methods in MLB are not objective .
- The rules in baseball are too complicated for spectators to follow.
- Baseball used to be more exciting as a game.
- International players in baseball teams attract new audiences.
- American Legion Baseball coaches should get higher salaries.
- MLB should have a set salary cap.
- Baseball salary caps are, in fact, a bad idea.
- Houston Astros players should’ve been penalized after the sign-stealing scandal.
🥇 Professional Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
We honor a variety of sports on different large-scale events. Here are persuasive essay topics about professional sports:
🏋 Olympics Persuasive Essay Topics
- Ancient Greek Olympics held more sense and symbolism compared to the modern Olympics.
- Skill and greatness shouldn’t be ultimately measured by the number of gold medals.
- The Summer Olympics are more entertaining than the Winter Olympics.
- We should abolish the Olympic games . Explain that they cause severe economic and social issues. Elaborate on the harm to the environment due to the games.
- The Olympics are great at promoting values of peace and international communication.
- The Olympic games bring more damage than benefits to a hosting country.
- Medicine dealing is the most problematic aspect of the Olympics.
- Jesse Owens is the greatest athlete in Olympics history.
- The Olympics ticketing system will significantly benefit from IT development .
- The Olympics Committee should reconsider the use of anabolic steroids.
- Money spent on the Olympics could serve better causes .
- Special Olympics should get more media coverage.
- The Summer Olympics list should include cricket.
- We shouldn’t ban blood doping during the Olympics.
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics should be postponed until 2022.
🏆 NBA Persuasive Essay Topics
- If not his multiple injuries Ralph Sampson could’ve become the player of the century.
- The WNBA is underrated compared to the NBA . Why do female players have significantly smaller salaries than male players?
- The NBA has one of the most loyal fan bases of all.
- The NBA All-Star games are more entertaining than Super Bowl events.
- The NBA age limit is too small.
- Investing in an NBA team is too risky .
- The NBA draft does not provide equal chances for all teams.
- Joel Embiid owes part of his success to Kobe Bryant.
- Is NBA the most successful of North America’s sports leagues?
- Charlotte Hornet’s value rose because Michael Jordan bought it.
- Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks are equally good teams.
- The rivalry between Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors developed after the 2015 NBA Finals.
- The NBA’s dress code should be reconsidered.
- The NBA 2011 lockout has significantly worsened the owners-players relationship .
- Michael Jordan is overrated.
🏃 NFL Persuasive Essay Topics
- Super Bowl uses an extremely efficient marketing strategy .
- The NFL concussion rules are too disruptive for the game.
- Tony Romo is the best player in Dallas Cowboys.
- The NFL is more profitable than MLB.
- NFL’s Michael Vick case . Explain that the legal justice system does not treat celebrities equally as other individuals. Provide more examples from real life to support your arguments.
- Does NFL cultivate violence and aggression?
- NFL UK will be able to compete with the original NFL in the foreseeable future.
- The NFL should pay more attention to head injuries.
- Dak Prescott is the best quarterback.
- Is Tua Tagovaiola overrated? He went straight from Alabama football team to Miami Dolphins. That’s when Tagovailoa started as a promising quarterback. But what happened after?
- We should end the NFL Preseason tradition as it’s unnecessary.
- Chicago Bears is the most successful NFL team.
- New Orleans Saints was a revolutionary team for the NFL.
- Antonio Brown should be able to return to playing in NFL regardless of his criminal record.
- The NFL is the best football association in the world, and here’s why.
🏒 NHL Persuasive Essay Topics
- The NHL is not doing enough to control violence during the game.
- Fighting should be banned as it can result in player’s life-long injuries.
- Edmonton Oilers’ Connor Mcdavid is the best NHL player.
- Canadians are better at playing hockey than Americans.
- The NFL should consider reducing contract length.
- Florida Panthers have a long way to go to become a good team.
- Gary Bettman is the worst NHL commissioner.
- Tickets for the NHL winter classic games should be less expensive.
- Victor Hedman is the all-time best defenseman in Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Regardless of their efforts, referees are always the scapegoats on ice.
- The NHL All-Star games are more exciting than the NBA ones.
🚴 Physical Activities Persuasive Essay Topics
Sport is not always about competing. For many of us, it is a way to stay active and get that good old endorphin rush.
🤸 Persuasive Essay Topics on Exercises
- Daily exercise ensures better mental and physical health . Seems obvious, right? Give this sports persuasive essay topic a scientific twist by describing its impacts on physiology.
- The gym is the best place for physical activity .
- Yoga is the best practice for stress-management .
- Children should not be assessed for their physical training at school.
- All children should have a certain level of physical activity a week.
- Companies should let their employees exercise during work hours .
- Everyone should know how to play at least one sport.
- Personal trainers can improve your exercise routine significantly.
- CrossFit is not the healthiest way to exercise .
- Swimming is one of the healthiest workouts.
- At-home workouts are as efficient as gym workouts.
- Exercise rehabilitation is essential for injury recovery.
- Physically active children have more chances to grow into dynamic adults.
- Physical exercise can battle depression.
- Proper stretching activities are essential to prevent injuries.
- Obesity and weight loss are some of the most burning issues in the US .
- Vegetarianism can damage health . Discuss the controversy of vegetarianism as a lifestyle concept.
- Fitness obsession is not that harmful.
- Poor sleeping pattern is one of the most health-damaging factors.
- All restrictive diets are bad for human’s health.
- Health and wellness programs have a positive impact on employees’ performance .
- Excessive salt consumption is hugely harmful.
- It is a myth that gluten can negatively affect one’s health.
- Schools should take better care of children’s nutrition plan.
- Food supplements can’t replace actual vitamin intake.
- Most people who are trying to lose weight approach dieting in the wrong way.
- Nutrition is more important than physical exercise.
- Healthy food should be more affordable.
- Social media plays a crucial role in promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Diet pills can put your life in danger.
💃 Dance Persuasive Essay Topics
- Dance is more of a sport than an art.
- Zumba is a better workout than pilates and aerobics.
- Hip-hop will never become outdated.
- Ballet schools require one of the most intense physical training.
- Dancing provides physical and mental relaxation .
- Learning how to dance is one of the less obvious confidence boosters.
- Capoeira is an underrated martial art .
- Should dance be included in major sports events like the Olympics?
- The right amount of training can make a good dancer out of anyone.
- Dancing can be as good of a workout as any other sport.
📝 Writing a Persuasive Essay about Sports
Now that you’ve seen the topics let’s talk about writing. Persuasive essays differ from the other academic papers in both the goal and structure. You have to keep in mind that you’re composing not for yourself but for the reader. That’s why you have to present your arguments logically and coherently.
Here are some tips on writing a killer persuasive essay about sports:
- Choose a topic that you can handle. Don’t try to compose a paper on the game that you know nothing about. It’s too tiring and time-consuming. Remember that it takes months for a fan to learn everything about their favorite sport. If you don’t have such years-long passion, focus on the more straightforward aspects of your topic.
- Research beforehand . Even if you’re a sports fan, and especially if you’re not. There are plenty of rules and scandals that you need to consider to sound convincing. Look up some fun facts or entertaining stories. Sports topics usually give you plenty of material to play around with.
- Take notes. The more notes you take while researching, the less work you’ll have to do after. And you won’t have to reread the materials to find that one sports event that you’ve forgotten about. The industry is quite vibrant with exceptional cases. Make sure you keep track of all the information that might be useful.
- Pick the issues to discuss according to the evidence . If you can’t support an argument with enough credible proof, don’t include it in your essay. Both argumentative and persuasive essays require you to stay on top of your argumentation.
- Outline and draft your paper before writing the final version. When you’re writing on recent events, you may get new information at any moment. So, draft before composing. In case you decide to include some new evidence or improve an argument, it won’t be messy. Outlining will help to organize your thoughts comprehensively and concisely.
Thank you for your attention. Share this sport related persuasive essay article with a friend. And don’t be shy to convince everyone your opinion is the right one!
- Good Topics for an Argumentative Essay on Sports: Tasos Vossos, Pen and the Pad
- Sports Reporting Essay: Cram
- Sports Essays: Bartleby
- Essay Structure: Elizabeth Abrams, for the Writing Center at Harvard University
- Writing the Introduction: Monash University
- The Basics of Essay Writing: UNSW Current Students
- English II Persuasive Essay [10th grade]: Brianna Johnson, Trinity University
- Write an Attention-Grabbing Opening Sentence for an Essay: Grace Fleming, ThoughtCo
- Essay Writing, Writing the Introduction of the Essay: Uni Learning
- Getting Started Writing: University of Maryland, Global Campus
- Taking Notes from Research Reading: Margaret Procter, Writing Support, University of Toronto
- Basic Guide to Essay Writing: Kathy Livingston
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
150 Strong History Dissertation Topics to Write about
110 Original History Essay Questions: Examples and Topics
Cool History Topics: 151 Great Historical Events & Ideas
I read all your articles, I like it a lot I learned a lot about the game. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful article with us.
Glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback!
209 Sports Topics: Argumentative Essay & Persuasive Speech Ideas
Persuasive speech is the art of convincing the audience to understand and trust your opinion. Are you ready to persuade someone in your view? Our list of sports persuasive speech topics will help you find a position to take and defend. If you need more options quick, apart from contents of this article, try a speech topic generator for school .
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
Argumentative essays , on the contrary, dwell upon two possible opinions. You can make them balanced or defend one, contradicting the other. If you are unsure which perspective you should adhere to, sports argumentative essay topics are here for you.
Choose one of the following informative sports topics to develop your viewpoint. Plus, you can contact Custom-writing.org experts if you need any help with this or any other assignment.
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
- 🏈 Football Topics
- ⚽ Topics on Soccer
- 🏀 Basketball Topics
- ⚾ Topics on Baseball
- 🏒 Hockey Topics
- ✨ Debate Topics
- 🏟️ General Topics
- 🤼 Controversial Topics
- 🏅 Other Topics
🔝 top 10 sports persuasive speech topics.
- Athletes are overpaid.
- Sport bets are not ethical.
- Cheerleading is not a sport.
- Extreme sports should be banned.
- Colleges spend too much money on sports.
- Olympic Games are not relevant anymore.
- Women sports need to be promoted better.
- Cybersport is as important as other sports.
- Men coaches shouldn’t work with women athletes.
- Children shouldn’t be allowed in competitions.
🏈 Great Persuasive Football Topics
When we say football, we mean American football. If you need soccer debate topics, then keep on scrolling! The football speech topics are controversial, so some research may be required to succeed.
- Football is too violent to be played by children. Should we forbid underage children to play it? Or could we make a “lighter” version for them? Can we say that it teaches kids to show aggression?
- In certain parts of the US (Texas and some others), football appears to be a religion. Do you agree with this statement? Does it relate anyhow to the theory of the exceptionalism of the US?
- Does football culture praise self-sacrifice for the benefit of the team and playing despite severe pain? Do you think it gives the game the essence of unity and involvement? Can the spectators feel empathy with individual players, or are they concerned with the outcome more?
- Are non-contact variants of American football played only by amateurs? Discuss touch football and flag football (or Canadian football). Are these games less fascinating? Should schools adopt them to prevent injuries of children?
- Is racism still present in football? Is there a grain of truth in the statement that football players are mostly black while spectators are mainly white? If no, argument your opinion. If yes, how could it be changed for more equality?
- Concussion rules in the NFL: do they spoil the game?
- What should be done about offensive team names in football?
- Deflategate: what does the US judicial system have to do with sports matters?
- Should players’ jerseys display ads?
- Is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning the greatest quarterback of our era?
- Would making a safer helmet encourage the teams to use more violence during the game?
- Do you think that real American football can only be played in America?
- If tackling in football was forbidden, the game would lose its interest for spectators.
- Playing football by children under 14 years old can cause chronic traumatic encephalopathy and other health problems.
- Does football popularity suffer because of “nomadic” players who regularly change their teams, depending on who pays more?
- When should you start playing football if you would like to become a professional player?
- Is it a frustrating experience for students that some schools discontinue their football programs?
- Should young athletes get paid for winning a football competition between schools?
- Why does the NFL decide in which team a former school player is going to act, and is that fair?
- Does dedication to football make childhood less fun?
- College football competitions have enormous charitable potential, yet unexplored.
- How could football players keep up with practice during the lockdown?
- What personality features matter in professional football?
- Does football promote mannish aggression?
- Is the methodology of the Bowl Championship Series subjective and unfair?
- Are college football playoffs better than BCS?
- Could women be allowed to play for the NFL?
- Is there any difference between football and rugby?
- Is Thanksgiving football the best family-building tradition?
- A team can play only 16 games in the NFL regular season, and it only stirs up interest.
⚽ Best Soccer Persuasive Speech Topics
The game of soccer offers some good topics for motivational sporting speeches. Just see for yourself:
- Goal-line technology and some other innovations have added fairness to soccer. Which state-of-art technologies could make the game even more spectacular? Or do you support the conservative approach? Is the human eye enough to control the results?
- Is it reasonable to hire players from other countries to national teams? Previously, the national team consisted of players from the specific area. But now the word “local” is just nominal. More than often, national teams consist of multinational players.
- Soccer matches can raise violent confrontation among the spectators. What are the possible measures to avoid aggression and vandalism? Does it depend on the host country?
- Why is women’s soccer less popular than its male variant? Women tend to play more gentle, is it the cause? Are there more male spectators who prefer watching men playing soccer?
- Is the short career of a soccer player worth the long years of training? Typically, players’ careers last for 15 years. After that, they can work as coaches or fulfill their potential in another activity. Is it enough to be satisfied with one’s life?
- Bayern Munich is only a good team because of its excessive funding: the issue of financing in soccer.
- FIFA is too corrupt to function and should undergo a major overhaul.
- Association football is experiencing a match-fixing crisis.
- World Cups produce devastating effects on the countries that host them.
- The World Cup bidding process is flawed and encourages human rights violations.
- Who is the greatest legend of football: Ronaldo or Messi?
- Does soccer need instant replay?
- The US population is concerned with soccer during the World Cup only.
- Can two good teams have a boring game?
- Usually, the same teams win the cup, with minor variations. Is it their merit or a tradition?
- Are soccer players’ salaries unreasonably high?
- Normally, the same teams win the cup, with minor variations. Is it their merit or a tradition?
- Why do soccer games last only 90 minutes?
- Should we refuse from extra time, and why?
- Goalposts are too thin and should be made thicker. How would it influence the game?
- Clubs that buy famous players are criticized. Should they develop their young players instead?
- How will technologies transform soccer in the next decades?
- The visibility of soccer in America depends on the success of the US team.
- Does soccer require more stamina than coordination?
- What is the best soccer player of all time?
- Does a local club preserve its local specifics if the majority of its players proceed from other countries?
- Clubs are increasingly more concerned with selling their players than with earning by vivid performance.
- Why do many secondary players become prominent coaches, but only a few famous players become good coaches?
- How do natives of African countries become rich and famous soccer players, if their homeland has poor soccer infrastructure?
- Is the contemporary FIFA rating methodology fair?
🏀 Basketball Persuasive Speech Topics
As the world’s third most popular sport, basketball naturally draws a lot of attention. Which basketball-related questions can you discuss in a speech on sports?
- Do we need to raise the basketball rim? In the last century, basketball players have become considerably higher than their predecessors. Would this change favor the game? Or would basketball grow less impressive?
- Should complicated goals earn more points? Free throw across the field requires much skill, and it should be rewarded. Thus the written rules would become more complicated, and games would become more interesting for the public.
- Current NBA games are more gentle than they used to be a decade ago. Do you agree with the statement? Would today’s legends succeed in the basketball championships of the past?
- Think of the psychology of competing in the NBA for many years, yet never gaining any ring. Does it discourage the players? Famous players keep on earning goals while their less prominent teammates are lagging. What could be done for their motivation?
- Why is personal contact forbidden in basketball? If it did not constitute a personal foul, like in American football, how would the game be transformed? Would the players require to wear helmets and other protection?
- Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time.
- The NBA should implement a stricter dress code.
- Beyond football: the issue of Native American mascots in basketball.
- Should NBA teams be allowed to relocate at will?
- What is an acceptable age range for basketball players?
- Was Michael Olowokandi the most unsuccessful NBA player?
- Michael Jordan was the idol of the 90’s, leaving many other top players without proper attention.
- Why did Kevin Durant leave the Oklahoma City Thunder?
- Is it a good idea to conduct a second championship among the teams that failed the league?
- Who was the most infamous draft bust ever?
- Is it possible to make mixed basketball teams of men and women in equal proportion?
- How do advanced metrics help the teams to develop their playing strategies?
- Are basketball championships a legitimate way to measure the players’ proficiency?
- Is basketball the most “athletic” kind of sport?
- Does the draft lottery in the NFL make the championship less competitive?
- Should college basketball players be paid?
- What was the most prominent NBA team ever?
- What is the difference between the playing methods of Michael Jordan and LeBron?
- Why did the NBA become the most famous league?
- Why do basketball rules differ in the US and Europe?
- How does the 24-second clock impact the game?
- What makes a good basketball player: height, speed, or tactics?
- Why is it forbidden to pick up a ball thrown out of play?
- What are the common and different features between basketball and streetball?
- Why shouldn’t you pick up a dead ball to renew the attack?
⚾ Sports Topics on Baseball
Is baseball your favorite sport? Then research it in more detail by using some of these great ideas of baseball speech topics:
- Is designated hitter rule useless? Does it help the weak fielders and players with past injuries to keep up the career? If all players become hitters from time to time, would the outcome get worse for the team?
- Can we say that individual baseball players are inherently talented? Imagine that teams are made of players depending on their success, rather than their nationality. For every goal, a player receives a personal point. After gaining enough points, they go to a better team. Would it add more competitiveness to baseball?
- What if the best college team be preserved for playing in MLB? In-team relationships and mutual understanding are essential for success. After college, players go to different teams. How does it impact their career?
- The most complicated thing to do in all kinds of sports is undoubtedly hitting a baseball. It requires precision and strength. Are these two skills hardly compatible?
- Why are steroids one of the most controversial sports topics in baseball? Barry Bonds should have been at the top of the Hall of Fame, but steroid use impeded him. Still, he is a perfect player and deserves such merit. What other debatable examples do you know?
- In pitching, control is less critical than command.
- The RBI (runs batted in) statistic should not be given so much weight because it is meaningless.
- Instant replays should be used in baseball.
- Should Major League Baseball implement a salary cap instead of a luxury tax?
- Should the designated hitter rule be eliminated?
- Does the voting for the Hall of Fame need a reformation?
- Will Major League Baseball ever accept steroid use for the Hall of Fame?
- When a team wins a baseball championship, it is more about luck than we would like to think.
- How did the extended playoff system worsen the game?
- Is the 90 feet distance fair, or should it be decreased?
- Is it easier to win as a defense team?
- Does an excellent offensive system require a better run or a secure pass?
- Pitching grants more success in playoffs than hitting.
- Why is it dangerous to throw a curveball?
- Is it correct to use Wiffle ball for training purposes?
- What is the most breathtaking baseball movie?
- Which hitter is the best in MLB?
- Why is spring training so necessary in baseball, while other kinds of sport have no such widespread practice?
- Spring training was canceled because of the 2020 pandemic. What will be the effect?
- Does fantasy baseball have something in common with sports?
- Should baseball players be trained as universal players, so that they could replace any team member?
- Which baseball record will never be surpassed?
- Would you choose the best player in the draft, regardless of age, or opt for a college youth?
- Would Derek Jeter be a famous baseball player if he wasn’t a shortstop?
- Baseball is all about the rivalry between the pitcher and the hitter.
🏒 Hockey Sports Topics
- Was Wayne Gretzky the best hockey player of all time?
- Does video goal judge make the game fairer, or should debatable goals be dismissed?
- In hockey, penalties are easier to score than in soccer.
- Think of the drawbacks of playing hockey for a living.
- Hockey is the kind of sport that causes the most severe injuries.
- What are the most valuable skills and personal traits for a hockey player?
- Penalties make the game more exciting. But Is it fair to decide if a team won based on a penalty score?
- Players should be severely punished for fights during hockey games.
- What makes the outcome of a hockey game?
- Would a prominent ice hockey player be a good field hockey player?
- What is the most controversial rule in hockey?
- If a goaltender violates the rules, another team member is punished. Why is it different from soccer where the goalkeeper is replaced?
- Why are the Canadians more concerned with defeating the US than any other national team of the world?
- Why are multi-year contracts with players a detrimental practice for a club?
- Will the human factor of referees ever be eliminated?
- Does NHL need expansion to more teams?
- Are 4 on 4 playoffs an excellent way to know the winner?
- Hockey has the highest risk of injuries among all kinds of sports.
- Hockey is a full-contact sport. Is this the reason for frequent fights, despite that they are prohibited?
- Why do women in Canada prefer ringette to ice hockey?
✨ Sports Debate Topics
- College athletes can be smart—don’t fall prey to stereotypes.
- Student athletes drink Red Bull to get wings, but get health problems instead.
- Cheerleading is a sport and should be regarded as such.
- Colleges waste too much money on sports programs.
- Students should receive money for playing sports.
- Animal sports (bullfighting, horse racing, etc.) should be banned.
- Hunting in all forms should be prohibited by law.
- Extreme activities for entertainment should be banned.
- Tobacco and alcohol ads during TV sports events should be outlawed.
- All forms of betting on sporting events should be prohibited.
🏟️ General Sports Topics to Talk about
- Sports is the best stress reliever and reducer of obesity.
- Should athletes be regarded as role models for children?
- Instead of being prohibited, the use of steroids should be legalized and monetized.
- Should sports fans be somehow censored?
- Press conferences should be made mandatory for athletes.
- Are gloves helpful for fighting? Hockey players take them off, but boxers put them on.
- Every tennis tournament should give a separate award for the loudest player.
- Sports management : a more lucrative degree than business administration.
- We should have a separate radio station for sports chants so we can always listen to them.
🤼 Controversial Sports Topics
- Cybersport: can experienced gamers be considered professional athletes? The speech can revolve around most prominent examples of cyber-sportsmen and their lives.
- Should athletes use sports as a platform to promote their political views? Consider focusing on the ethical side of the problem.
- The influence of sports on the development of eating disorders in female athletes. In this speech, you can present multiple examples of anorexia and bulimia in female athletes and discuss how disorders affect their lives.
- Should gambling be legalized as professional sports across all states? Discuss the legalization of gambling in some countries and elaborate whether other states could use this experience.
🏅 Other Sports Topics
Sports persuasive speech topics: coaching.
- Not all great sportsmen can become good coaches.
- All’s fair in love and war, but not in sports. Coaches must care for athletes’ health.
- Athletes’ inborn talents are more important than the skills of their coaches.
- Even good coaches can lose their self-control.
- Women coaches should work with women athletes.
Sports Topics to Talk About: Women’s Rights
- Bodybuilding is inappropriate for women.
- Women’s boxing is less popular than men’s boxing because of stereotypes.
- Female tennis players can compete in the men’s league.
- Female and male athletes should not get equal salaries in the same sports.
- Women athletes are more likely to have injuries than men.
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics: Mind Sports
- The first move advantage in chess can help only a good player.
- Chess is not a waste of time and intelligence.
- Poker players should be allowed to wear headphones during live events.
- Chess is not a sport.
- The winners of the World Memory Championships should work in international councils.
Sports Topics: Importance of Games
- Benefits that daily exercise and sports bring to adolescents with physical or emotional challenges. Discuss how different types of activity (fitness, swimming, running, etc.) influence adolescents’ mood.
- How does sport affect human cognitive skills and can it prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s? Focus on some examples from research to prove your point and create a unique speech topic
- Regular exercises at a GYM do not only improve one’s health but also positively influence social skills. You might want to present examples from personal life and research, as well as focus on a life of sports stars.
- Games can improve children’s fine and gross motor skills. In your speech about this topic, you should focus on typical games used in kindergarten and primary school (for example, sketching and coloring).
- Sports and games can become great tools for creating and sustaining strong community ties. During the speech, you can discuss how communities are improved by local championships conducted annually.
Sports Argumentative Essay Topics: Injuries
- Increased risk of traumas in young athletes whose bodies are still developing. Talk about prevention methods that coaches and parents can learn and use.
- How can a professional athlete prevent most common sports injuries? Review the most common ways of prevention that discussed in media and research.
- Psychological issues such as depression and anxiety can increase the risk of getting injured during exercise. The speech can include both personal and professional opinions.
- Both men and women need psychological rehabilitation after an injury. To prove it, use recent research on mental illnesses in professional athletes.
- Traumas in young athletes can lead to severe long-term outcomes. In this speech, you can focus on the influence of sports on adolescents’ skeletal development.
- Sports injuries can negatively impact stress management of athletes. This discussion can revolve around stress management strategies that athletes use in their professional and personal life.
Sports Argumentative Essay Topics: Student Life
- Are sports admission essays necessary? Elaborate how and why such admission essays demonstrate student’s awareness of the topic.
- Colleges should support the integration of less popular sports such as swimming, fencing, handball, etc. You can engage your classmates in a heated discussion about the pros and cons of less popular sports disciplines.
- Sports can positively affect student’s self-perception and confidence. This speech should base on recent research, as well as independently conducted surveys (if possible)
- Sports can lead to underperformance in class. Discuss the stereotype that college athletes are less successful in studying than their peers.
- High school sports fans and their perceptions of alcohol and drug use. Use recent examples from media that illustrate how drugs and alcohol affect fans and colleges in general.
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics: Health
- Overtraining syndrome should not be overlooked in professional athletes. Elaborate how perfectionism negatively affects professionals.
- Fitness can help individuals with mental illnesses improve their psychological well-being. Use examples from research to indicate how fitness regulates mood swings and reduces anxiety.
- Green exercise and environment as essential aspects of healthy training. The speech needs to focus on the new trend of green activity and the importance of environment and nature for effective exercise.
- Sports is not about competitiveness; it is about participation and cooperation. Talk about cooperative games and their impact on social ties of individuals.
- Changes in lifestyle can prevent the development of physical and psychological diseases. Present examples of exercise used for the prevention and management of chronic diseases such as diabetes type II, obesity, etc.
Feel free to browse for other topics related to sports to prepare great informative speeches or write unique and persuasive essays.
If the typical and popular persuasive speech ideas, like the question of steroids in sports, are getting on your nerves, then stand out from the crowd!
Choose any of these fresh persuasive speech topics on sports to convince your audience and earn high grades.
And what should you do if you need to write an essay instead of a speech?
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
Just take any of the prompts above and use it as a sports persuasive essay topic!
Remember that you’re not alone—our experienced writers are always at your service and ready to help you at any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming to editing.
Now it’s time to get started! Just choose the topic of your dreams and start changing people’s minds.
This might be interesting for you:
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
- Easy Steps to More Persuasive Essays
- Best Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
- Persuasive Speech Outline: How to Write, Tips and Examples
- Persuasive Speech Outline: The Recipe for a Successful Outcome
- Funny Persuasive Speech Topics: Best Ideas
- Racial Profiling Essay: Argumentative & Persuasive Writing
- Sport as Speech
- When Sports Stand Against Human Rights: Regulating Restrictions on Athlete Speech in the Global Sports Arena
- Speech By Sir Craig Reedie At World Forum On Sport And Culture
- Sports Essays
- Public Speaking and Presentations: Tips for Success
- Effective Persuasion Presentation
- Sample Outline for Persuasive Speech
- Developing an Effective Speech Outline
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Thank you 🙂
What a choice!
This list seems pretty bias.
Thanks for the feedback!
This is very helpful for students that are interested in public speaking.
Thank you a lot for the feedback 🙂
All the best!
Some confusion. I have some doubts.
Please, share your doubts with us. We appreciate your feedback, Pravallika!
Nice post, bravo!
Thanks for the feedback! Come back for more.
This doesn’t tell me anything.
This is a great site for my students.
Really glad to hear that! Thanks for the feedback and come back for more.
That’s a pity! This list of the topics is supposed to help you write an excellent piece of writing. And to fulfill such a goal, you need a great subject that reflects your desires.
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics: There are times as a student you are given assignments on Sports Persuasive Speech Topics.
When given a certain topic to write about, you should select a topic that will draw the attention of your reader.
Below we have compiled the best persuasive speech topics about sports . These Persuasive sports speech topics will give you a rough idea of what to write about depending on your interest.
A baseball salary cap would come at too great a cost.
Cheerleading is a sport.
Professional sports players’ salaries should not be capped.
Chess players should be given more recognition.
College athletes should be paid for the matches that they play.
Benching a player is a smart move from the coach.
Bowling should be an Olympic sports discipline.
Children must play sports, even if they don’t want to.
A healthy lifestyle helps to attain the right body shape and fitness level.
A player should keep working hard even when no one is watching.
A referee that loses control of a match ruins the match for both teams and fans.
A round of matchplay golf can bring rival communities together at hole nineteen.
Age-old rivalry in sports is the most fun to watch.
All forms of animal sports should be banned.
Read: Sports Informative Speech Topics
Almost all multi-discipline activities require much more planning for skill training than you think.
An NBA age limit is stupid.
Athletes should retire at the top of their careers.
Athletics is too much of a priority in schools.
Badminton is not more popular because it is not understood.
Ban blood sports.
Baseball is more exciting than cricket.
Baseball salary caps would come at a great cost.
Basketball should change its rule of fouling out after five fouls.
Boxing does cause brain damage.
Boxing isn’t entertaining.
Children should be taught not to ‘boo’ at other teams.
Competitive sports can teach us a lot about life.
Creating a peer incentive climate in a volleyball team will pay off.
Darts contestants are no athletes but only fun-making beer drinkers.
Darts should be considered a game event.
Diego Maradona should not be hailed as one of the greatest soccer players.
Every amateur needs a pro mentor.
Everybody should practice sports for at least half an hour a day.
Everyone should take part in at least one form of sport.
Exercise should be a daily routine.
Fan girls know nothing about sports.
Fans attending sports events in another country should respect local customs.
Fans should never disrespect the opposite team’s national anthems.
Read: Sports Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Persuasive Speech Topics Sports
FIFA should not be allowed to be run by men who are over 60 years old.
Fill in … is an astonishing sports player and qualifies for the Hall of Fame.
Fill in your favorite team – is the greatest baseball team of all time.
Football coaches and managers should focus on newly discovered sports science technologies.
Football has many health benefits.
Golf has a major impact on business deals.
Golf is exciting to play but boring to watch.
Home exercise equipment is a waste of money.
Hunting should never be considered a sport.
Ice is the best first-aid remedy for a sports injury.
Invest in excellent sports achievements.
Is NASCAR a sport?
It is good for winning teams when they are beaten by underdogs.
Kickboxing should be banned.
Lance Armstrong should be remembered as nothing more than a cheater.
Learning how to swim should be a requirement for all humans.
Learning to swim should be a requirement.
Losing a match can help with motivation.
Mental prep for auto racing athletes is crucial to prevent accidents.
Most female professional bodybuilders take steroids or other performance enhancers.
NASCAR should be considered a sport.
No coach should be fired after just one season.
Not all players need to retire at 35.
Not every retired famous sportsman or woman is a good coach.
Obsession with sports is unhealthy.
Parents and coaches should reward children regardless of their performance.
Parents should let their children try out for all the sports they are interested in.
People who practice sports are more proactive.
People who play sports are more social.
Physical activity raises self-esteem and confidence levels.
Read: Policy Topics for Persuasive Speeches
Sports Speech Topics
A sports team sports with no team-building spirit won’t succeed.
Teams should not keep players that don’t want to be there.
Teams who are superior to other teams in a league should earn more from TV rights.
The Hawaii deep sea sportfishing industry must be better controlled.
The integration of mind, body, and spirit is an essential sports factor.
The most-watched sports or sports events in the world are boring.
The Olympic bid books of candidate cities must contain the financial on social effects on society and local economies in the long term.
The Olympic Dream will not come true.
The Olympic flame tour costs too much.
The Olympic ideal needs renovation.
The Olympic Oath is considered perjury live on television.
The player that wins the ‘Balon d’Or after Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi is going to be a big deal.
The Tour de France cannot be won repeatedly without using doping extracts.
The wild card system (like tennis) should be introduced in all competitive and recreation team athletics.
There is no purpose in sports for cheerleaders.
There should come a biological passport for pro athletes to monitor any use of doping throughout a career.
Tiger Woods should be remembered for the great golfer he is and not for his sex scandal.
Video technology will ruin the flow of a soccer game.
Watching sports on TV is better than watching live.
Persuasive Speech Topics about Sports
Fans should not judge players.
Fans that pay a member’s fee should have a vote in club matters.
Fans who racially abuse players should be banned for life from attending live matches.
Female referees should not referee male teams.
Female sports should be given more media coverage.
Sport teaches children about teamwork.
Sports bring out the worst in people.
Sports events cannot do without sponsoring.
Sports events should give men and women equal prizes.
Sports gambling should be banned.
Sports are the opiate of the masses.
Sports marketing is a great career option
Parents should not insult coaches from the sidelines.
Participating in competitive sports too young is unhealthy.
People need to support the underdogs.
A team that works together is unstoppable.
A baby is not an excuse to skip working out.
Advertising alcohol during sports matches should not be allowed.
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
Play sports and you get a lot more than just a fit body.
Players’ jerseys should display their main sponsor’s name only.
Players in good teams will always win something.
Players should be sent to the sidelines until the bleeding is under control.
Players who cheat must be banned or punished regardless of age.
Players who use drugs while practicing sports must be banned.
Playing sports helps build character in children.
Politicians should never interfere with the management of sports.
Professional athletes are not overpaid because they entertain millions of people.
Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are the best examples of sportsmanship.
Professional athletes should be careful with how they spend their money.
Rugby football is nothing without its rough tackles.
Rugby is a dangerous sport.
Rules in sports are not always to be followed.
Salaries of sports players should be based on their previous season’s performance.
Scandals hurt the Olympic Games.
Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
Should FIFA have price ranges?
Should sports teams be named after ethnic groups?
Sleep is very important in sports recovery.
Smoking should be banned in stadiums.
Soccer is the best sport of all.
Professional players should stick to a diet throughout the season.
Professional sport is too commercial nowadays.
Sports can unite even the most divided countries.
Sport has the power to unite people.
Sport helps our mental well-being.
Sport is a great way to connect with people.
Sport is a key to positive self-esteem in children.
Sport is a universal language.
Sports shouldn’t only be played by specific genders.
Sports players should never let wins get to their heads.
Sports psychologists play an important role in sports.
Sports stars now are bigger household names thanks to social media.
Stadiums that are built especially for world cups often end up as liabilities.
Steroid scandals hurt a team.
Persuasive Essay Topics about Sports
Professional sports players are better role models than rock stars.
Rags to riches stories about sports stars should be told to school-going children.
We should make facilities more accessible to people with disabilities.
Wear the proper protective gear when doing sports.
Weight-cutting techniques in sports competitions are unsafe.
What coaches must know about sports-related persuasive speech topics to create real winner champions.
What makes performing extreme physical exertions so popular.
Why everyone should get a sports massage once a week
Why measuring your body mass index is important.
Why people should dance more.
Why sports should be encouraged.
Why take a sailing vacation?
Why do we worship sports?
Why have women’s professional team competitions become popular among men in the last twenty years?
Why you should become a swimmer.
Without cheerleaders, sports events would be less fun.
Women’s sport is less popular because of stereotyping.
World Cup hosting countries should offer affordable ticket prices to locals.
You only become a great athlete by training and special diets.
Young children that play sports learn to respect authority and rules from a young age.
Sports Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
Student-athletes must be tested for drugs now more than ever.
Talented young players should be funded by career development scholarships.
Team spirit is what maximizes results.
Team sports are legalized organized crime.
Golf is not a sport, it’s a hobby for old people.
Good pitchers are not good hitters.
Head injuries are not taken seriously enough.
Children should not be graded for Physical Training.
Club directors shouldn’t have a say in how coaches pick players.
Coaches should never single out a player.
The command is more important than control when pitching in baseball.
Comparing Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi to each other is silly.
Professional sports players should never become coaches.
Professional wrestling is just a show.
Professional wrestling is not real, is just a show.
Public funding of sports stadiums is a bad idea.
Punish sports clubs whose fans misbehave.
Soccer World Cup referees must understand intercultural habits.
Sport has become too commercialized.
Boxing should be banned from the Olympics because a lot of the viewers do not like it when someone is getting hurt on TV.
Boxing should have stricter rules to keep boxers safe.
Bungee jumping is risky despite all the precautions taken.
Read: Persuasive Speech Topics about Animals
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.
Get your writing assignment done in 4 simple steps
1 fill in order details.
- Submit your instructions to writers for free !
- Start receiving proposals from writers
2 Order bidding
- Chat with preferred expert writers
- Request a preview of your paper from them for free
3 Choose writer & reserve money
- Hire the most suitable writer to complete your order
- Reserve money for paying
4 Work process
- View the progress
- Give suggestions
- Pay only for approved parts
Baseball Research Topics – We Are Here to Serve You!
The epitome of American sports and the “national” bat-and-ball game, baseball won’t stop sparking controversy and debate over its place of origin. Since the heyday of its popularity in the mid-1850s, it has remained one of the most widely played games in the world. It earned its name in the academic sector as well – many baseball-crazy students hunt for the coolest baseball research topics, trying to keep pace with the hottest trends in the baseball niche.
Developing a topic for a paper on baseball is a little more complex than it seems. The game features a vast abundance of topics and subjects to write about, so students may get tangled up in the multifaceted nature of the research subject matter. Therefore, we have selected for you an ultra-useful list of the trendiest baseball research topics.
Selective baseball research paper topics
- Women in baseball: the professional baseball league.
- The origins of baseball: the US or Britain?
- The physics of baseball.
- Doubtful trust in baseball.
- The steroid age: player psychology and league responsibility.
- Baseball as a business: how hits and runs help the bosses make a bundle.
- The development and significance of baseball as a sport in the deaf community.
- The development of doping in sports in baseball.
- Past, present, and future: a sociological overview of women’s baseball in the USA.
- Effects of amphetamines in baseball pre-ban.
- Advertising and baseball.
- Baseball and injuries.
- Bets in baseball: an entertainment industry.
- Baseball and the media: how they make each other grow.
- Baseball and fan culture: intelligence or rave?
- The impact of baseball on teenage behavior.
- Baseball: a game for all generations?
- Baseball strategies throughout the ages.
- The hit-and-run strategy in baseball.
- The history of the most remarkable baseball teams.
Baseball essay topics
- How do baseball players’ mental states influence their career?
- Should baseball expand the use of instant replay to review close plays on the bases?
- Why baseball culture should be promoted in developing nations.
- The impact of gender bias in baseball.
- The US government’s needs to intensify doping control.
- Basketball or baseball? Which is more popular and why?
- Gambling in sports today has never created so many problems.
- Academic success through involvement in baseball.
- The demography of baseball fans.
- Baseball was born in the “Land of Freedom.”
- Long-term use of steroids in baseball: the aftermath.
- How to reduce scams with baseball tournament tickets.
- Babe Ruth vs. Cy Young: staying young or being ruthless?
- The importance of stress management in baseball.
- Baseball: is it really about skill?
- Nurturing competitiveness in baseball.
- Is the baseball rulebook fair?
- Does baseball lose to soccer in some US states?
- Can baseball alleviate mental illness symptoms?
- Should the pricing policy for baseball tournaments be reviewed?
Most popular baseball speech topics
- Should baseball be financed by US citizens’ taxes?
- The crucial role of the coach in baseball.
- Baseball should be played more at colleges.
- Baseball and nutrition: what should be excluded from your eating plan.
- The influence of caffeine on a baseball player’s performance.
- The gender aspect in baseball: is there any bias?
- The psychology of beginners in baseball.
- What countries can compete with the USA in baseball ratings?
- Expert approaches to baseball training programs.
- Baseball: a refined sport or a hip game?
- Most scandalous injuries in the history of baseball.
- Should baseball be encouraged at colleges?
- Most effective strategies in baseball: what are they?
- Has the hype around baseball decreased over the years?
- Innovative input in the game of baseball: is there any need for it?
How we can help you with baseball topics
Writing a high-quality academic paper requires tons of time and patience. As it happens, students can’t handle the disturbing profusion of assignments they get at school and end up seeking help on the information superhighway. And this is the one and only reason why our service launched over 10 years ago. Ever since, we have delivered myriads of superb academic writing examples – research papers, essays, theses, dissertations, reviews, term papers, and many more! We can write for you a paper on any of the sports research paper topics we have listed above!
Commitment-driven and professionally equipped, the EssayShark team provides its customers with exceptional high-quality assistance, which has made us a widely admired service in the online academic writing industry. We give our clients everything that a trustworthy business facility should provide. By asking for help at EssayShark, you will get total confidentiality, 100% privacy protection, top-notch quality products, and an amazing experience of having your academic paper written for you!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Unlock better papers
Get free study materials.
Get access to the list of our best samples for free. We divided them into categories of various types of papers and disciplines for your convenience.
What our customers say
Our website uses secure cookies. More details
Get professional help from best writers right from your phone
Persuasive Speech About Baseball
Persuasive speech on baseball.
Baseball is a great sport that kids want to pursue when they're older. It’s a game with 9 people on the field at a time and 2 or 3 subs on the bench. Only one person is able to bat at a time. You go through the order as many times as possible. Baseball is a game that lots of kids enjoy playing but don’t get to enjoy. However, our district gives the girls a chance to play softball. So many people might think that baseball is very dangerous, but if you think about it basketball is more physical. Although, people think that getting hit by a ball will hurt a lot, which is true, people have to know when playing any sport there is a chance that you will get hurt. That’s just part of the game. So I am here to inform you on some reasons why baseball should be at our school and at any other middle school that doesn’t have a team.
Baseball : The Origin Of Baseball Essay
The game of baseball originated from a game called rounders. Rounders consisted of two teams, a striking team and a fielding team. The striking team’s goal was to hit the ball in order to score “rounders,” or runs, in modern baseball. The rules were similar to the rules of baseball today. There were two teams consisting of nine players and four bases. One difference between rounders and baseball is that there is no foul territory in rounders. Any hit ball is in play and the player may run. In baseball, the ball must be hit in between the foul lines painted on the third and first base lines (Olmos).
Baseball And The Game Of Baseball
Baseball to most it just a simple game that involves one just throwing a ball, another hitting it, and then another catching it, but it’s much more than that. The ability to hit a baseball three hundred plus feet, that’s coming at you at speeds greater than 85 mph, is hard to attain. Now imagine trying to catch a ball that’s coming at the same speeds, not so easy now right? Apart from the physical abilities needed to play, the mental part of the game is also important. The game of baseball is similar to life if you’re not prepared physically and mentally to go about your business you won’t succeed.
Baseball Essay examples
Baseball is played on a field, which usually covers about two acres. The field is divided into an infield and an outfield. These two parts are considered fair territory and the rest of the field is considered foul. The infield is in the shape of a diamond and is 90 ft on each side. One point of the diamond is home plate which batters hit from. The other three points are bases: first, second, and third base. In the middle of the diamond is a pitchers mound which is slightly raised off the ground. The edges of the diamond from home plate to first base and home plate to third base are the foul lines, which extend all the way to the wall in the outfield. Behind first base is right field, behind second base is called center field, and behind third base is called left field. Fences are placed at the farthest limits in the outfield. In foul territory beyond the foul lines in the infield are dugouts where players sit when they are not playing or waiting to bat.
Persuasive Speech : The Benefits Of Childhood Sports
If anybody in here has a child, hopefully at least one of us will, will you let him/her play sports while they are growing up? If not, hopefully this speech will at least show you some benefits from playing sports as a child.
Hall Of Fame Persuasive Speech
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible” is a quote by walt disney. I believe that anyone can achieve the impossible just by working hard. This leads into the song I chose “Hall of Fame”by the script, the theme of this song is encouraging yourself to do the impossible, will eventually lead you to the hall of fame. First, one of the verses says “you can move a mountain, you can break rocks, you can be the master don't wait for luck, dedicate yourself and you will find yourself standing in the hall of fame.” This tells us that as long as you believe in yourself you can achieve your goals. For me achieving, has always been one of my biggest goals, whether that be in academics or sports. But I have had people tell that I am not smart enough to get
Explain What Baseball Is My Favorite Sport Essay
One of the main rules in batting is you get three strikes and then you are out if you do not hit the ball. The pitcher must throw pitches in the strike zone for it to be counted as a strike. The most common place for the strike zone is in the batter’s midline over across the center of home plate. Basically the strike zone is from your knees to your stomach. If the ball is thrown outside or inside of the home plate then it is considered a ball. If the pitcher throws four balls that are not strikes, then the batter gets to go directly to first base.
Why Baseball Is Important To Me Research Paper
When we start the game, we take the field first.I head out onto the field to play second base.When we go out there my friends play the bases around me, we talk and communicate to throw the ball to the right base.When the ball is hit to me, I always take a second to make sure that it is coming to me.If I catch the ball I throw it to first unless there was already a runner on first then I throw it to second.When I throw it to second the shortstop gets the ball, tags the base, and throws it to first so we can get a double play.When we get three outs we go up to bat.
The Elimination of the Designated Hitter in Baseball Essay
Baseball is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.
Baseball Vs Baseball Today
The beginning of baseball is entirely different from baseball today. More electronics, advanced teams and players. There are more upgraded fields, equipment, and stadiums. With all of the years that have passed with the upgrades and better advances, baseball is the fifth top rated sport. Baseball is what people love to watch and even play. The baseball player's job is to satisfied their fans. Today, that's stills happening in the baseball business.
Persuasive Essay About Softball
The size of the ball, the speed of the pitch, and the distance from the mound to the plate all are variables of deciding which one is harder, softball or baseball? Debates break out all over the world with people fighting why softball is a sport made for girls. There is no real reason why the inventor of softball made it a bigger ball just for girls, but the difference is clearly noticeable. Studies show that most professional baseball players have a difficulty hitting from a softball pitcher. In order to prove this study, there must be drawbacks that make these softball players able to blow by a fastball by some of the greatest hitters.
Persuasive Essay On Baseball
Baseball is a very fun sport to watch. Many people watch this sport every game. Some people prefer to actually go to the game. Some prefer to watch the radio on TV. Some people even like to listen to it over the radio. Not many people like to listen to it over the radio anymore, but some people, such as truck drivers, would rather listen to it over the radio then go to the game or watch it on TV.
Why Is Baseball Important To Me Essay
Throughout my life, I have been apart of America’s pastime--baseball. My career started in the dog days of the ‘03 season and I have not stopped playing since. Looking back, I can see the horrid field where I first started playing, and if I shift gears and look forward, I can see the shimmering astro turf I will be playing on in college. The steps taken to learn the skills, positions, and history it takes to play the game of baseball have been stored in the very core of my being, but I was launched into this learning process. I never got to play teeball like most young players do, so I did not learn the game in the same manner as most ball players have before me. The speedy progression would discourage most from ever playing again, but I fed on the opportunity and thrived. Time and time again, the game of baseball has tried to knock me out with an array of assailants, but it has not succeeded to this point, for I have gotten back up each time stronger than before. One could say baseball was the mold that made me into who I am today.
Baseball: The Three Laws To Go With Baseball
Baseball is not just a game to play, it also has to do with newton's laws. There are three laws that go with baseball. The first law is Newton's first law, the law of motion but is referred to as the law of inertia. The easiest way to describe it is when an object is at rest the object will stay at rest, and when an object is in motion it will stay in motion in the same speed and same direction until an act of something slows it down or stops. How this law goes with baseball is when the ball is in the air after being hit on the bat, the ball will slow down due to air resistance and the stop due to it being caught or the ball hitting the ground. Newton's second law, law of acceleration. How this goes is when the acceleration of the ball would
Persuasive Speech About Esports
Do you know what eSports is? Many people in the world do not know what eSports is, but millions and millions of people each year are tuning in to watch professional video gamers compete for trophies and prizes. To put this into perspective, anyone can become a professional gamer and make a good living off of it. Although, you must have good skill at the game and be prepared to practice long hours on a regular basis. I will inform you of what eSports is, the growth, and lastly the present and future state of eSports. The term eSports stands for electronic sports and it is ultimately a platform for future competitive gamers.
Persuasive Essay About Baseball
Show More Wooooo... Baseball...Doesn’t everyone in America and all over the world just love it with all passion!!!!!! Baseball has been proven to be one of the best sports ever to play and it brings challenges yet enjoyments in families as well as bringing the community together. Some people have even said that Baseball are like sweets you just can’t get enough from it. For example, people who want to become professionals; they experience some hard cord practice lasting a minimum of 8 hours plus going to the gym. Also it has been said that one of the main requirements to get accepted into the big leagues are a high level of general and sport-specific physical capability as well as a strong hand-eye coordination and physical strength for batting or pitching. However, you should be a strong sprinter and move quickly from one base to another. Although, many people start at small leagues some make it to secondary level but very few go into professional baseball;therefore, many people are up for this challenge and family members go along the way with them and help them achieve their goal of becoming professionals. At the end of the day, family members enjoy …show more content… For example, In movies like “That’s my boy” When Hansolo had his engagement party him and his friends played baseball and although it was a little tense it brought everyone together leading them to have a fun and exciting evening, as well as in “Chicken Little” although Chicken Little was the least person people thought would win the game for the team at the end of the day Chicken Little brought victory to his team and his community leading them to an unexpected exciting/celebrable
The influence of the little league world series.
While the kids are at the World Series, not practicing or playing games, they would be bonding with other teams, even teams from the international side. They build a friendship, a friendship that would last forever. Even after games if a team and was eliminated the other would go over to them and give them hugs and even get the crowd to cheer them on. I remember watching the 2007 Little League World Series, when a team from Warner Robins, Ga played Japan in the Championship game. A kid from Warner Robins hit the walk off home run to win the World Series.…
The Importance Of Barry Bonds In The Game Of Baseball
Baseball is a sport favored by many Americans today and also known as “Americas past time.” A sport, parents put their children into as soon as they can to get them to grow friendships at a young age and a passion for the game. A sport, where most fathers and his family cannot wait to watch their favorite MLB team clinch the playoffs and, battle for a chance to play in the World Series. Come the month October, Bars, Sports Restaurants, and Living rooms across America are filled to maximum capacity with nervous but, excited fans to watch the MLB playoffs and World Series. One of the biggest fears as a pitcher in the game of baseball, is to throw a pitch that will lead to one of the most electrifying or disappointing sensations throughout a…
Personal Narrative: My Life As A Baseball Athlete
Baseball brings passion, pain, and excitement to people all over the world; from little kids that run the bases at a major league baseball game to a previous President of the United States that throws the first pitch. Baseball is one word in which would describe my identity. The pain that I endured, the struggle that I overcame, and the championships I won have truly made me the person I am today. From the early morning practices to the midnight championships, I have learned how to become a leader, winner, team mate, and a friend. Freshman year of high school has so far been one of the best years of my life which is something most people wouldn’t say.…
Gone, 8-7. The day was beautiful, and you knew it was a baseball day. Two teams were going to go out there play their hardest until they had nothing left, especially me. I wanted to show everyone everyday what I was made of and what I had to show for it. Southwest Little League baseball field had such a nice field that it had felt like second home when it came to All Star games.…
How Does Softball Affect My Life
I was the one the team looked forward to scoring the runs and winning the games. Only being eight years old, and my teammates and our fans counting on me put more than enough pressure on me; so much I could not handle it sometimes. I remember being up to bat the bases were loaded, and there was two outs. We was down by one run, I had the chance to win the game. My daddy had pulled me to the side, and said, “You are going to have a chance to win this game, believe in yourself, and you can do it.” Getting in the box, I was scared to death.…
The Importance Of Instant Replays In Baseball
Still the game needs to improve on the time as making the players have one foot in the batter box at all time instead of them asking for time and stepping out of the box this has helped speed up the game. Other implication that has helped speed up the game is, pitchers have a limited time to speech only 20 seconds to deliver the ball. The other thing they are testing is a pitching clock which will be used in the minor league before coming to the Mlb. Pace of play has not been only helpful when watching a baseball game, but for the teams it has helped speed up the game so they are not at the ball park for 3 hours. Instead speeding up the game to make the trip to their next game.…
Analysis: How Did Baseball Become America's Pastime
However, for the baseball lover, the familiar sounds of the crack of the bat and wild cheers, the smells of warm grass, hot dogs, popcorn, and beer, intoxicate every time. Baseball is everyone’s game; the young and the old, men and women alike, hold onto the hope of victory until the last strike. In many ways, baseball mirrors life—it spans the generations and connects us in ways not fully understood. Yes, baseball is America’s pastime and obsession where hope springs eternal with the determination of “Just wait until next…
The Importance Of Freedom In Baseball
I have never felt the love of freedom more than when I was sitting there watching these players play. Some of them came from nothing, others came from middle class homes and now they are all able to make sure Mom and Dad will never struggle again. The fact that I get to sit there and watch them for enjoyment makes me so happy. I feel like a true American watching baseball because I’d like to say it's our nation’s sport. You can see at the games that other people feel very patriotic and free watching their idols play some of the best games of their lives.…
Persuasive Essay On Sports Research Paper
Baseball fans in Chicago are enjoying one of the best season starts in a very long time... maybe even the best ever! If you think you know baseball rivalries think again this year these two clubs have the potential to turn baseball up to 11! Now the first rule you have to understand about Cubs fans and Sox fans is that anyone who claims to be a fan of both teams isn't a fan of either team! In Chi-Town you pick sides... and then you bleed with your team! Because both teams have shown up to play this season you are going to have to defend your side when it comes time to argue about them at the park, at the bar, over the fence, or anywhere.…
Personal Narrative As A Sport
Austin always loved the game more than me. Dad always loved Austin 's game more than mine. We still sit around and talk about when Austin played for the Trailblazers or the Bulldogs, or that time when Austin got the baseball stuck inside his pants leg, or the time he hit a 500 foot homerun in El Dorado. I can 't recall talking about my games, my tournaments, my accomplishments. Perhaps there 's nothing to talk…
- Major League Baseball
- San Francisco Giants
- Minor league baseball
- National League
Ready To Get Started?
- Create Flashcards
- Mobile apps
- Cookie Settings
- RESEARCH PAPERS AND ESSAYS
- ESSAY TOPICS
- PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES
- Joseph Robinette Biden
- Donald Trump
- Barack Obama
- States Ranked by Size & Population
- States Ranked by Date
Persuasive Essay On Why People Should Play Baseball
Personal narrative-turned baseball player.
Baseball is a game I have been playing since the age of eight. Since then, I have been a phenomenal hitter. I was a right-handed hitter when I started playing baseball, and I was the best hitter in my age group. I always hit home runs when it was my turn to bat. The coaches who picked the teams argued about who would get the first pick because they all wanted to pick me first. Batting right-handed came naturally. I was young, and just picked up a bat and started swinging. Around this time, I played around swinging left-handed, but it was a complete failure, so I brushed it off to the side, forgetting about it for a while.
My Life Lessons Learned In Baseball
Baseball seemed to be my life when I was a little kid. Playing catch, hitting balls, pitching, the whole nine yards. It has always a life long dream of mine to play Major League Baseball. I was a little kid with big dreams, nothing seemed to be impossible. I got older though, I started to realize some dreams were just too big.I couldn’t throw 100 MPH and didn’t have lightning fast speed. I realized I wasn’t going Pro in baseball but the most important thing I took away from it was the life lessons learned.
Argumentative Essay: Is Baseball Americas Pastime?
Baseball is a very popular sport in America although there is very much controversy on whether it is fading away or still thriving strong in America. Baseball has been around since 1839. The sport has evolved very much over the past 178 years. The game has always been thought to be “Americas Pastime” but in modern society some people believe that may not be the case.
The Letter That Went Viral Analysis
Kids that become baseball players should have a lot of sportsmanship. Sportsmanship helps with making good friends. It also helps with showing people that you are kind to one another. Being a sport to people shows a lot of respect. When you show respectfulness, you show that you are kind to one another at all times. Matheny explained how he wants his players to have good sportsmanship in his main goals. The main goals were to teach the boys
How Baseball Has Changed My Life
The quote, “ Everyday is a new opportunity. You can either build on yesterday’s success or put its failures behind and start over again. That is the way life is, with a new game everyday, and that is the way baseball is.” - Bob Feller. That quote has irony on how to be successful, likewise that baseball has helped me become successful. Baseball has taught me many things about life such as how to have a good work ethic, how to accept failure and success, and has helped teach me to keep going when times get tough. Those are a few ways that baseball has helped me be successful.
Benefits Of Playing Multiple Sports
Have you ever wondered if playing one sport is better than playing multiple sports? Studies have shown that there are many benefits to playing more than one sport. Playing multiple sports can help you in the future and can prevent you from having serious injuries. I believe, that it is much better for an athlete to play more than just one sport.
Personal Essay: How Softball Has Shaped My Life
For the last eight years, softball has shaped my life and taught me many things about leadership, sportsmanship, and how to work as a team. Softball has always made me happy, it’s not just the sport that makes me happy, but it’s the place that I get to go and the people that I get to play it with. Every time I’m on the field or in the cages I feel the most content. The softball field and cages are my sanctuary.
Persuasive Essay On Why You Should Play Softball
Another reason why you you should play is because like I said earlier, there is many positions to choose from that you could play. All of you option are pitcher, catcher, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, shortstop, and all of the outfield places. If you are better at one position than another one, your coach could place you were they think would be the best at. My final reason why you should play softball is because you might even have fun playing this sport. I think that it is a very fun sport to play. At first you might not think you’re good but you can get better.
Benefits Of Soccer Essay
Soccer is an international sport that is for many centuries and decades. It helps to release the stress from the job, homework and college. Also, preserve the children from negative influences such as drugs, tobacco, and alcohol. The children will grow with a healthy lifestyle. Soccer is a sport that includes eleven members in the team and soccer rules are the same in each country likewise it is played outside in the yard or the club. Soccer is not only about kicking the ball that most of us can do, but the soccer is complex game to play. It has some rules to obey it. However, soccer beginners can improve their skills by practicing. Soccer will improve your health, be fun play with your friends and give you chances to be successful in your life.
Persuasive Essay: Why Should Children Play Youth Sports?
In the article named “Benefits of Teamwork In Sports.” the author, Wade Harle showed how learning to cooperate with others towards a certain goal in youth sports is what builds character, friendship and important life skills for players and also coaches. The friendships built throughout a team can last a lifetime for some players, and the journey of a team throughout a season is often stuck in your memory for a lengthy period of time. Also found in that article is, the teamwork in sports offer a way for kids to compete for something together. Although it is important to know that winning isn’t everything in sports, some competition can be great for people. Kids can translate the hard work they've put into their sport by working harder to be a better student or employee and a better person overall. Kids sports can most definitely help in the area of working together with someone or a
Compare And Contrast Baseball And Basketball
As you can see, these two sports compare and contrast in all kinds of ways. But overall, both sports are a big part of our world, and has become rich in history. Both baseball and basketball are supposed to be fun, and I require everyone to try both. If you are ever bored, just ask your friends or siblings to play a pickup game of baseball or
Persuasive Essay: Should Children Have Competitive Sports?
The first reason sports help kids these days is by making them have a healthy lifestyle with good food and lots of exercise. This huge, as it stops kids from always eating junk and binging T.V. Sports let kids exercise in a healthy way through the important practice and energy required in competitive sports, which is encouraged by kids desire to win and get better, and forces kids to exercise by also getting better. For example, Kirk Mango (a physical educator, former coach, and national champion) says, “fitness improvements achieved through training...In a society where obesity has become a major health issue”(Mango, 2012). This shows that sports are a good way to keep people healthy. This is really important due to the recent problem of obesity, and sports can make kids have healthier lives, and this will lead them to a different path that will not let them cross paths with health problems caused by things like obesity. Obesity is serious and leads to things like diabetes, and can ruin the childhoods of kids if they never got a chance for sports to help them keep
Persuasive Essay: Golf, Is It A Sport
Some people say golf is just a game and you don’t need to be athletic to participate in it. However, there are many facts supporting the idea that if you play golf, you are considered an athlete. A game is considered an activity that is played for self pleasure and enjoyment only. On the other hand, a sport is a competitive activity in which precise skill and athleticism is needed to achieve success.
Competitive Sports Persuasive Essay
It is valuable because it keeps kids healthy and fit. My next reason is that it allows kids to learn to face competition, and teaches them to work as a team. The last reason is that it raises self-esteem level, improves self-confidence, and helps kids deal with pressure. If kids join competitive sports it would create a much more developed society. It will lead to more developed, hardworking individuals. Competitive sports tests us in so many different ways, our ability to work with others, our skills. The beauty of competitive sports is that it not only serves the kids but everyone around them. This is why all kids should have the opportunities to join competitive
How Does Sports Affect Your Identity
Identity.It’s what makes us who we are .Im Connor Shannon,I go to school at Riverglenn Junior High.Some things that impact my identity are my sports teams and where I’ve traveled/culture.
⚾ Baseball Persuasive Essay Topics · Baseball is more profitable than football. · Baseball games should incorporate instant replays. · Major
⚽ Best Soccer Persuasive Speech Topics · Goal-line technology and some other innovations have added fairness to soccer. · Is it reasonable to
9. Basketball Persuasive Speech Topics · Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time. · The NBA should implement a stricter dress
Persuasive Essay Topics about Sports ... Professional sports players are better role models than rock stars. Rags to riches stories about sports
Sports persuasive speech topics: interesting sports topics · Why does the coach play an important role in the athlete's life? · Should athletes
Most popular baseball speech topics · Should baseball be financed by US citizens' taxes? · The crucial role of the coach in baseball. · Baseball
So many people might think that baseball is very dangerous, but if you think about it basketball is more physical. Although, people think that getting hit by a
When we go out there my friends play the bases around me, we talk and communicate to throw the ball to the right base.When the ball is hit to me, I always take
Baseball has been proven to be one of the best sports ever to play and it brings challenges yet enjoyments in families as well as bringing the community
JD Baumann #2 People Should Play Baseball Have you ever wondered which sport to play? Even though there are many sports to choose from, I think people