- Contact sales
- Start free trial
25 of the Best Planning Quotes
It seems that people have been writing about planning for as long as people have been writing. No surprise there. No enterprise, whether it’s assembling the space shuttle or getting dinner on the table, is done well without a project plan .
Every project manager, team leader or successful person for that matter, knows the importance of planning. However, having a plan is very important but it’s not the only thing to do. Sometimes it’s easy to get overly excited about a project, causing you to neglect best practices such as creating a thorough project management plan or using a project planning software .
That’s why we collected 25 of the best planning quotes, to inspire you to slow down and craft a thorough plan that will lead you to your goal, whether that be an iPhone app, an artistic masterpiece or Valentine’s Day dinner.
Need a tool to help you with your planning? Try ProjectManager , an award-winning project and work management software. Choose from multiple different views like task lists, kanban boards, Gantt charts and sheets to plan your project. Invite your team and collaborate online. Planning has never been easier. Try it free.
1. “it does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near one.” – j.r.r. tolkien.
This planning quote from Tolkien’s fantasy classic The Hobbit does what all good quotes should do, speaks to the reader on many levels. This is, of course, a piece of dialogue that moves the plot forward. But Tolkien isn’t merely talking about made-up lands. He’s referring to the necessity of identifying risk in any thorough plan.
Related: Project Plan Template
2. “By Failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
You can always count on our Founding Fathers for good copy, and none gives better than Benjamin Franklin. He collected them in his Old Farmer’s Almanac and a few probably made their way into some of our fundamental governing documents. Freeing a country from under the powerful arm of a great power is going to take some planning, which Franklin knew was the first step towards success.
Related: Action Plan Template
3. “Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem
Sometimes we forget that a plan is document that puts structure around an idea. But without that vision to set the plan in motion, there’s really no point in following through. Feminist icon Gloria Steinem understands that before there is a plan, there is a dream. That’s always the first step in any plan.
4. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
No president had to face as great a challenge as Abraham Lincoln. If he didn’t spend time planning and placing sensitive pieces, it’s likely that we’d be living in a very different country today. Never neglect the time and effort necessary for due diligence before action.
Related: Time Management Strategies & Tools
5. “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
Out of the mouth of baseball players often comes great wisdom. The term Yogi-isims was created to describe Berra’s malapropisms and unintentional witticism. But they’re not just for laughs. As simple as the above statement is, nothing is more true.
6. “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.” – John F. Kennedy
President John Kennedy filled the United States with hope, and then we all know what happened. But when we still were filled with a sense of optimism about the future, Kennedy made it clear that whatever future we had in front of us was due to what we did behind it.
Related: The 25 Most Inspiring Leadership Quotes
7. “The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done…you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do.” – Lil Wayne
Hip-hop is omnivorous, so it was only a matter of time before a rapper like Lil Wayne spoke to the concerns of project managers. While it’s important to learn from your mistakes, you can get bogged down on the “blame game.” Figure out where you fell; then get back up, and try again.
8. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt hits on something important here with this quote about planning. She understands the human capacity to wish upon a star, to want something badly and hope that, by some trick of chance or fate, it will be given to you. But things rarely land on your lap, and if they do, they might not be what you want. Plan and you will receive.
9. “Have a bias towards action – let’s see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.” – Indira Gandhi
The Indian politician and stateswoman would have made a great project manager. She sees that big projects are made up of small, actionable takes. Plans are broken down into phases called milestones, which are made up of tasks, and that way things get done.
Related: 10 Best Project Management Quotes
10. “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” – Peter F. Drucker
Author and educator Peter Drucker is saying that there is no plan without buy-in from all parties involved. That means from the stakeholders to the team members. The project leader must motivate and get everyone committed, or else a plan is useless.
11. “Making a plan without the right tools is like making spaghetti without a pot.” – Me
Yeah, I just made that one up. Give it time, though. I’m sure it’ll be up there with Lincoln, Socrates and Martha Stewart as a top-tier, super quotable quote. Why? Because it’s true!
There’s meaning embedded in there: planning is really just an abstract act until you execute that plan. If you don’t have a pot, or project management tools, then your spaghetti, or project, isn’t going to get done.
Plans are complicated, like recipes. There are a lot of ingredients you need to keep track of and place in the right order. ProjectManager is a project management software that helps projects get organized. Its online Gantt chart pulls a task list into a schedule on a project timeline, complete with milestones and linked task dependencies, so everything works together as planned.
Watch the video to learn more about ProjectManager’s project planning tools, and how they can help make your next project plan a success.
Okay. We just love project management and had to put our two cents in. Back to the real list.
12. “A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door.” – Confucius
Few have had a greater influence on more people than Chinese philosopher Confucius. It’s not hard to see why, with such sage sayings as this one. Planning is essential to the survival of everything, from a project to a person. We all must plan or suffer great risk.
13. “Always plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” – Richard Cushing
Richard Cushing, an American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church, shows that regardless of your beliefs, there is wisdom in religious text. You can find it in this planning quote, which is a perfect example of the necessity of being prepared.
14. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
Who understands the need to prepare for the future better than an investor, and who is a better investor than Warren Buffett? Plan now and reap the benefits later. That’s true in financial markets or building a skyscraper. It takes time, but the hard work pays off.
15. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
Even creative types like fabled master of modern art Pablo Picasso knew that inspiration is only a small part of any effort. The creative process is one of planning, failing and planning anew. But those plans are rooted in a belief that they will work. Without that faith, there is no plan that will clear the hurdles that block the progress of any project.
Related: What it Takes to Be a Great Creative Project Manager
16. “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” – Tom Landry
Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry knows a thing or two about leading a team to success. While scoring points is, of course, how you do it, that’s not as easily said as done. A good coach uses a plan to exploit the talents of this team, and sticks to it – unless it must change . Landry didn’t say that, but I did.
17. “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” – Thomas Edison
Yes, sometimes the fates are smiling on you, and it’s as if everything just falls into place. But you can’t bank on luck. Inventor Thomas Edison saw that while opportunity is important, if you’re not prepared for it by having a plan to take advantage, then that opportunity will pass you by.
18. “Just because you made a good plan, doesn’t mean that’s what’s gonna happen.” Taylor Swift
Singer, songwriter and all-around cultural phenom Taylor Swift knows that a good plan is a good start. But if you want to finish what you started you might have to throw that plan out and make a new one. Things change, including your plan.
19. “Unless you have definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” – Zig Ziglar
Motivational speaker Zig Ziglar says that the sharper your focus, the closer you’ll come to hitting your target. Planning must be thorough, thinking through all the resources you’ll need , the budget and the time you must complete the project. The more planning you do, the better your results.
20. “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
Creating the telephone took planning. Alexander Graham Bell might have had his eye on the prize, but he understood the need to prepare for the process that would get him there.
21. “To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
It’s funny because it’s true. Composer and conductor Leonard Bernstein knows that plans are everything; we can work them up to be as thorough as possible, but time will always make a joke of our plans. Things happen; time doesn’t care.
22. “The reason that everybody likes planning is that nobody has to do anything.” – Jerry Brown
Jerry Brown has lead one of the largest states in the union and one of the largest economies in the world as governor of California. He’s probably seen a lot of wheel spinning that has never touch ground to lead to action. It’s a danger of planning that everyone should be aware of: plans are crucial, but without action they’re nothing.
23. “I ain’t Martin Luther King. I don’t need a dream. I have a plan.” – Spike Lee
Director Spike Lee is making a point. Of course, his work is driven by a passionate dream to create stories that he feels compelled to tell. But without having a plan, that’s all they would be, dreams.
24. “When my company started really growing, I didn’t have any help in my house at all. I had the upkeep of my daily life, I had a one year old and a three year old, and I had my house. So I had to prioritize.” – Julie Aigner Clark
The entrepreneur who founded Baby Einstein hits on a key element of any strong plan. That is prioritization. A plan should be exhaustive, listing everything, no matter how minute. But then comes the hard part of prioritizing those tasks to know what must be done, what should be done and what could be left undone.
Related: What is OKR, and Why Are Top Companies Using It to Set Objectives?
25. “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey
Planning is the structuring of process. Failure is a part of every plan. That’s why there’s risk and risk management to prepare for the bumps on the road to success. As Oprah Winfrey notes, those failures are not failures; they’re part of the process.
26. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
The theory of evolution has been used to explain a lot of things, but let’s let the scientist who came up with idea from his observations have the last word. Charles Darwin might not be speaking about planning per se, but he understands that without being flexible all plans will break.
Did these quotes inspire you to get to planning? Great! Now you’ll want to have some practical tools to get the job done more efficiently. ProjectManager is a cloud-based project management software that gives you the online Gantt charts to schedule those plans and collaborate with your team when they need adjusting. Also, our real-time dashboard helps you monitor and report on project progress without any unnecessary delays. Plan for success by taking this free 30-day trial today .
- What Goes Into a Project Plan?
- Sample Project Plan For Your Next Project
- 10 Things Commonly Overlooked When Creating a Project Plan
Deliver your projects on time and under budget
Start planning your projects.
39 Inspiring Quotes About Business Growth — and Tips for Success
Here are some favorite quotes about business growth to inspire you — plus expert advice to spark new ideas.
Businesses face pressure to grow and evolve rapidly to stay competitive. But growth can be difficult, and even the most intrepid among us sometimes need an extra dose of inspiration .
We’ve rounded up 39 quotes about business growth — and advice for success — to inspire you and spark new ideas. Have a favorite quote that we missed? Click to tweet and add yours.
Quotes about business growth and change
“Becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” – Michelle Obama, from Becoming
“Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” – Phil Knight, founder, Nike
“Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.” – Sigmund Freud, neurologist and founder of psychoanalysis
“Motivation is the catalyzing ingredient for every successful innovation.” – Clayton Christensen, economist and Harvard professor
“Every problem is a gift — without problems we would not grow.” – Tony Robbins, motivational speaker and writer
“Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” – John F. Kennedy, 35th U.S. president
Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. John F. Kennedy
“Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill, author
“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney, broadcast journalist
“Mistakes are the growing pains of wisdom.” – William George Jordan, writer/editor
“The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, writer/statesman
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin, writer
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot, author
“The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.” – Sergey Brin, co-founder, Google
“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani, founder, Reliance Industries
“I do not know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” – Susan Butcher, sled dog racer
I do not know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it. Susan Butcher
“To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” – Thomas Watson, Sr., former chairman and CEO, IBM
“It’s very easy to be different but very difficult to be better.” – Jonathan Ive, former chief design officer, Apple
“Almost everything worthwhile carries with it some sort of risk, whether it’s starting a new business, whether it’s leaving home, whether it’s getting married, or whether it’s flying in space.” – Chris Hadfield, astronaut
“Happy employees lead to happy customers, which leads to more profits.” – Vaughn Aust, COO, Gemini
Happy employees lead to happy customers, which leads to more profits. Vaughn Aust
“Employees want to feel inspired by their leaders…hire individuals who will lead by example.” – Jody Kohner, EVP global enablement, Salesforce
“Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” – William Durant, co-founder, General Motors
“Many companies get trapped by the paradox of hitting numbers ‘now’ versus improving sales for future quarters or years ahead.” – Tiffani Bova , growth and innovation evangelist, Salesforce
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu, Chinese Taoist philosopher
Quotes about business transformation
“[Businesses] rarely come up for air to re-evaluate how they are selling. This means that current sales practices, process, and organizational structure may in fact be hindering their growth more than any external factor they believe they are facing.” – Tiffani Bova, growth and innovation evangelist, Salesforce
“Consumers now expect to be able to get things, talk to someone, and do what they want at any time. That’s led to a divide. Some companies and products provide such a perfect, seamless experience that it has raised the bar. In fact, it’s so easy and seamless that we kind of forget to be impressed. But what they’re doing is making the ones that don’t deliver that kind of great experience all the more obvious.” — Susan Weinschenk, chief behavioral scientist and CEO, The Team W
“Customer experience professionals love to think about their customer journey maps, but these can be very rigid. How many consumers follow the same exact path to get to their outcome? Very few. I believe consumer experiences need to be far more dynamic than they are today — not just personalized, which we’ve been talking about for a few years. After all, companies can leverage data about customers in the moment — what they did in the last 24 minutes or hours, not in the last 24 days.” — Tom Puthiyamadam, transformation consulting leader, PwC [ read the full interview ]
“We’ve been talking about the importance of ‘ customer-centricity ’ for some time. But until now retailers have lacked both the technology and the mandate to connect marketing, sales, service, and commerce systems to enable a 360-degree view of the customer. Now that relevant and personalized engagement has emerged as a key differentiator, retailers will finally make the investments to deliver on the promise of putting the customer at the center of everything they do.” — Rob Garf, vice president and general manager, retail, Salesforce
“Companies that invest more in digital transformation actually outperform their peers over time. These companies are more prepared for disruption, better able to monetize new digital channels, and better able to build a bigger user base. What’s more, this phenomenon exists regardless of industry.” — Geoff Cubitt, CEO and founder, Cardinal Griffin, LLC
Companies that invest more in digital transformation actually outperform their peers over time. Geoff Cubitt
“Data itself is not enough to create personalized experiences. Artificial intelligence is required to turn a comprehensive data trove into insights that can anticipate customers’ needs and act as their digital assistant. Much like his or her pre-industrial counterpart, a B2I (business-to-individual) virtual tailor, for example, would know each individual’s measurements and tastes in fabrics, styles, and other variables, and could thus make highly personalized recommendations.” — Peter Schwartz, senior vice president, strategic planning, Salesforce [ read the full article ]
Get articles selected just for you, in your inbox
Quotes about the artificial intelligence impact on business growth.
“Accenture forecasts that AI could double the economic growth rates of 12 major countries by 2035. These gains will come from computers doing what they have always been good at — freeing us to make better use of our time. For instance, AI makes it possible to automate routine tasks such as responding to simple customer questions. It can also be used to spot changes in customer preferences, identify visual problems in manufacturing, further automate agriculture, identify fraud, and better inform business decision-making.” — Richard Socher, CEO, You.com [ read the full article ]
“AI is about more than replacing each worker with a robot. It will involve the disruption and reshaping of whole industries. Business models will evolve to be quite transparent. In a world of AI, consumers will have high access to information, perhaps using their digital assistant to find the best price or analyze which product has received the best reviews. It will no longer be possible to use information asymmetry to charge people a disproportionate amount.” — Dr. Kai-Fu Lee, chairman and CEO, Sinovation Ventures
“Imagine a customer walking up to a supermarket shelf and holding his or her smartphone up against different bags of potato chips. Using image processing, language processing, and analytics, AI-enabled systems can help that customer check which brand is best for their low-sodium diet, or whatever their taste profile might be.” — Glen Hartman, president and co-founder, Accenture Interactive [ read the full interview ]
“You don’t need to know how the technology of a microwave works to use it — it is simply a tool. We’re now entering the same phase with AI, thanks to the influx of no-code, point-and-click tools. AI will become a widely used utility by everyone, regardless of technical background. As a result, most of the AI applications in the coming years will be built by people with little or no AI training.” — Vitaly Gordon, co-founder and CEO, Faros AI
AI will become a widely used utility by everyone, regardless of technical background. Vitaly Gordon
“Companies use technologies such as deep learning to help them feed their computer networks vast quantities of information so they recognize patterns more quickly. But for all their enormous potential, current success is based on fitting to patterns of historical training data. There’s still much work to do to train models how to reason. They can only be trained to find patterns in historical data. The problem is this training data isn’t neutral — it can easily reflect the biases of the people who put it together. It can encode trends and patterns that reflect and perpetuate prejudice and harmful stereotypes.” — Timnit Gebru, founder and executive director, The Distributed AI Research Institute (DAIR), [ read the full interview ]
Too Many Sales Tools? Here Are 4 Steps To Reduce Tech Bloat
What Is Vendor Sprawl?
Quotes about growing workplace trends.
“Workers will need different skills to thrive in the workplace of the future. We’ll see a growing demand for advanced technological skills such as programming. Social, emotional, and higher cognitive skills — such as creativity, critical thinking, and complex information processing — will also be in demand. Growing occupations, meanwhile, will include those with difficult-to-automate activities, such as managers and doctors, as well as care workers and teachers. Training and retraining mid-career workers and new generations for the coming challenges will be another imperative.” — James Manyika, senior vice president, Google-Alphabet [ read the full interview ]
“In 1950, only 55% of the working-age population in the U.S. was employed. By 2015, that percentage had risen to 60% — representing a net increase of about 100 million jobs — after many potentially job-killing technologies had been introduced. These included shipping cranes, ATMs, and personal computer spreadsheets. The same could well be true of [AI], especially if we put into place the innovations in education that could help people adapt.” — Peter Schwartz, senior vice president, strategic planning, Salesforce [ read the full article ]
“AI is about enabling machines to augment humans — in other words, to complement human skills — rather than merely replace them. In most cases, AI’s skills are different to a human’s, so we are moving towards a symbiosis of the two.” — Robin Bordoli, partner, Authentic Ventures
“Beyond doing the right thing for their workers, companies have another reason to lean into workforce development initiatives: their own competitiveness. As demand for skills for the intelligent era heat up, so too will a war for talent.” — Sarah Franklin, CMO, Salesforce
“The shift to lifelong learning is absolutely essential. As the pace of technological change quickens, we need to be sure that employees are keeping up with the right skills to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution . That applies to both technical and soft skills. There will be changes in both areas.” — Zvika Krieger, technology advisor and former director of responsible innovation at Facebook
Just For You
What Is the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
3 Ways Health Insurers Can Cut Costs While Keeping Members Happy
Explore related content by topic
- Thought Leadership
Nick Johnson works in partnership with subject matter experts within and beyond Salesforce to create original, insightful content for C-suite executives on the future of business. A published author (The Future of Marketing, Pearson), Johnson previously ran The Incite Group, and has his MBA from the University of California, Berkeley.
Get the latest articles in your inbox.
What is Strategy Design & Why Does it Matter?
Want To Become a Better Leader? Give up Control
How You Can Build a Sustainable Business
Can You Trust NFTs? These Two Fintech Execs Have Thoughts
After 2 Decades at Startups, These Entrepreneurs Are Aiming for a Billion-Dollar Business
Your Sales Reps Need More Support — Here Are 10 Ways To Coach Them
How Do You Create a Better Customer Experience? Here’s What Our Research Shows
The Strategy Shift You Need to Go Net Zero Now
Select as many newsletters as you wish
Our best content on the future of work, automation, data culture, and more.
Lead better by learning from stories of change.
How to build faster, secure your enterprise, and automate.
Insights you need to move at the speed of commerce.
Fresh research and training to help you create powerful moments.
Best practices that cut to the heart of service.
Innovative tips from sales experts to sell smarter.
Yes, I would like to receive the Salesforce newsletters checked above as well as marketing communications regarding Salesforce products, services, and events. I can unsubscribe at any time.
By registering, you agree to the processing of your personal data by Salesforce as described in the Privacy Statement .
Looking for other roles? Subscribe to our Admin Digest or Developer newsletter.
Thanks, you're subscribed!
New to Salesforce?
- What is Salesforce?
- Best CRM software
- Explore all products
- What is cloud computing
- Customer success
- Product pricing
- Salesforce Mobile
- CRM software
- Salesforce LIVE
- Salesforce for startups
- América Latina (Español)
- Brasil (Português)
- Canada (English)
- Canada (Français)
- United States (English)
Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- España (Español)
- Deutschland (Deutsch)
- France (Français)
- Italia (Italiano)
- Nederland (Nederlands)
- Sverige (Svenska)
- United Kingdom (English)
- All other countries (English)
- Australia (English)
- India (English)
- Malaysia (English)
- ประเทศไทย (ไทย)
© Copyright 2022 Salesforce, Inc. All rights reserved. Various trademarks held by their respective owners. Salesforce, Inc. Salesforce Tower, 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
- Contact Sales
46 Project Planning Quotes To Help You Reach Your Goals
Project planning can be tough.
There’s risks to mitigate, stakeholders to include, and other ups and downs to contend with.
So we put together a list of famous project planning quotes for your inspiration!
These quotes on project planning will hopefully help focus your team and jolt you into finishing your plans. The end goal depends on you making a solid plan to chart your destination.
In this post, you’ll find powerful quotes on planning from business leaders, entrepreneurs, and powerful leaders that will show you the value of moving your projects forward.
If you’re looking for project management software to help manage these projects, check out Workzone ; software that’s powerful but still easy to use for all users.
46 Project Planning Quotes
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, writer and pioneering aviator
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ― Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States
“If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” ― Yogi Berra, former New York Yankees catcher “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” ― Peter F. Drucker, author and educator
“I am a person who continually destroys the possibilities of a future because of the numbers of alternative viewpoints I can focus on the present.” ― Doris Lessing, author of The Golden Notebook “Plans are of little importance, but planning is essential.” ― Winston Churchill, former British Prime Minister
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” ― Alan Lakein, author
“Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower, former U.S. President
“The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done… you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do.” ― Lil Wayne, rapper
“Don’t worry about planning every step of your life.” ― Rick Wagoner, former chairman and CEO of General Motors
“A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door.” ― Confucius, Chinese philosopher
“Always plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” ― Richard Cushing, American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
“Few people have any next, they live from hand to mouth without a plan, and are always at the end of their line.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet and essayist
“Every minute you spend in planning saves 10 minutes in execution; this gives you a 1,000 percent return on energy!” ― Brian Tracy, author and motivational speaker
“It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt, former first lady of the United States
“The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.” ― John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President
“Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” — Warren Buffett, investor
“I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” ― Benjamin Disraeli, British politician and author
“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” ― Pablo Picasso, painter
“Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” ― Tom Landry, Hall of Fame football coach
“Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” ― Thomas Edison, inventor
“You can always amend a big plan, but you can never expand a little one. I don’t believe in little plans. I believe in plans big enough to meet a situation which we can’t possibly foresee now.” ― Harry S. Truman, former U.S. President
“Just because you make a good plan, doesn’t mean that’s what’s gonna happen.” ― Taylor Swift, singer and songwriter
“A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” ― George S. Patton, former Officer in the U.S. Army
“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” ― Zig Ziglar, author and motivational speaker
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” ― Alexander Graham Bell, inventor
“To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.” ― Leonard Bernstein, composer and conductor
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” ― Abraham Lincoln, former U.S. President
“Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan.” ― Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
“Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action.” ― Napoleon Hill, author
“The reason that everybody likes planning is that nobody has to do anything.” ― Jerry Brown, Governor of California
“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” ― Henry David Thoreau, essayist and poet
“…everything has a past. Everything – a person, an object, a word, everything. If you don’t know the past, you can’t understand the present and plan properly for the future.” ― Chaim Potok, author
“A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” ― Brian Tracy, author and motivational speaker
“Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance.” ― Stephen Keague, author
“Plan your next move because every step contributes towards your goal.” ― Sukant Ratnakar, author and motivational speaker
“Always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing happens by accident.” ― Chuck Knox, former NFL head coach
“The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.” ― Denis Waitley, writer and motivational speaker
“Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” ― Fitzhugh Dodson, author
“I ain’t Martin Luther King. I don’t need a dream. I have a plan.” ― Spike Lee, actor and director
“Never begin the day until it is finished on paper.” ― Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker
“Speaking from my personal experiences, setting goals, along with a detailed action plan, has actually changed my life from one cast in frustration to one of purpose.” ― Catherine Pulsifer, author
“Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” ― Robert H. Schuller, author and televangelist
“The trouble with many plans is that they are based on the way things are now. To be successful, your personal plan must focus on what you want, not what you have.” ― Nido Qubein, president of High Point University
“If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.” ― Claire Cook, writer and motivational speaker
“We cannot drive people; we must direct their development” – Henry Gantt , creator of the Gantt Chart
Excited from all these project planning quotes? Does your team need a powerful project management tool that the whole team can use? Workzone may be just the ticket…
Request Workzone demo & pricing
Steve Pogue is the Marketing Operations Manager at Workzone . He writes about project management tips and the buying process. When not at Workzone, you can find him playing vintage base ball or relaxing with his family at home.
You might also like ...
See it in Action
01b - multi-step demo overlay, step 1 of 3, how many people will use workzone.
- 10-24 users
- 25-99 users
- 100 or more users
Please tell us a little more about you...
- First Name *
- Last Name *
- What is your role * What is your role? Contributor | Coordinator Manager | Team Lead VP | Director C-Level | Sr Executive
- Hidden hsa_ad
- Quote of the Day
- Picture Quotes
Business Plan Quotes
Standart top banner.
If you do not know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere
The best business plans are straightforward documents that spell out the who, what, where, why, and how much.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.
If it really was a no-brainer to make it on your own in business there'd be millions of no-brained, harebrained, and otherwise dubiously brained individuals quitting their day jobs and hanging out their own shingles. Nobody would be left to round out the workforce and execute the business plan.
Everything is based on a simple rule: Quality is the best business plan, period.
Any business plan won't survive its first encounter with reality. The reality will always be different. It will never be the plan.
The business plan should address: "How will I get customers? How will I market the product or service? Who will I target?" The principles of a business plan are pretty much the same. But after page one to two, everything is unpredictable, because costs or competition will change and you don't know how things will be received by the market. You have to be able to continually adapt. Companies that fail to adapt will die. Others are brilliant at adapting.
Proper business planning demands that you focus on the self-interest of the customer at all times.
Organizations are successful because of good implementation,not good business plans.
Riches do not come by crossing your fingers and walking through the day hoping. Riches and wealth comes from well-laid plans.
In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.
Set your business plan to win; raise the bar or you're not going to be prepared. You need to think that what you're doing will make you $100 million.
Businesses planned for service are apt to succeed businesses planned for profit are apt to fail.
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
Small businesses, you can give them capital, but what they often need as much is mentoring, advice and help with their business plan.
Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Unless you have tested the assumptions in your business model first, outside the building, your business plan is just creative writing.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
I have always thought that one man of tolerable abilities may work great changes, and accomplish great affairs among mankind, if he first forms a good plan, and, cutting off all amusements or other employments that would divert his attention, make the execution of that same plan his sole study and business.
The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.
I never had a business plan. I did, actually - I'm lying. My business plan was to get lucky, and I did; that was great. And then my second business plan was to get lucky again, and there, I faltered.
last adds STANDART BOTTOM BANNER
- The author didn't say that
- There is a mistake in the text of this quote
- The quote belongs to another author
- Other error
Get Social with AzQuotes
Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every day we present the best quotes! Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends
SIDE STANDART BANNER
- WordPress plugin
- Submit Quotes
Login with your account
Create account, find your account.
- Strategy Templates
- Strategy Processes
- Strategy Custom Solutions
- Innovation Templates
- Innovation Processes
- Innovation Custom Solutions
- Change Management Templates
- Change Management Processes
- Change Management Custom Solutions
- Project Management Templates
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Custom Solutions
- Manufacturing Templates
- Manufacturing Processes
- SQDC Digital Shop Floor Solutions
- HR Templates
- HR Processes
- HR Custom Solutions
The Top Business Strategy & Strategic Planning Quotes
Quotes about business best practices, the top quotes on business strategy & strategic planning, business strategy and strategic planning is important for business professionals, teams, and organizations. included in the quotes below are deep insights about how to apply strategy and planning in business..
- A vision without a strategy remains an illusion. –Lee Bolman
- The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do. –Michael Porter
- You cannot be everything to everyone. If you decide to go north, you cannot go south at the same time. –Jeroen De Flander
- Strategy without process is little more than a wish list. –Robert FilekStrategy is about making choices, trade-offs; it’s about deliberately choosing to be different. –Michael Porter
- Hope is not a strategy. –Vince Lombardi
- In reality strategy is actually very straightforward. You pick a general direction and implement like hell. –Jack Welch
- Strategy is about setting yourself apart from the competition. It’s not a matter of being better at what you do – it’s a matter of being different at what you do. –Michael Porter
- Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. –Sun Tzu
- Failure is nothing more than a chance to revise your strategy. –Anonymous
- Strategy is a fancy word for coming up with a long-term plan and putting it into action. –Ellie Pidot
- Success is 20% skills and 80% strategy. You might know how to succeed, but more importantly, what’s your plan to succeed? –Jim Rohn
- There’s only one growth strategy: work hard. –William Hague
- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. –Sir Winston Churchill
- Without strategy, execution is aimless. Without execution, strategy is useless. –Morris Chang
- Strategy is a commodity, execution is an art. –Peter Drucker
- A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all. –Michael LeBoeuf
- Strategy is a style of thinking, a conscious and deliberate process, an intensive implementation system, the science of insuring future success. –Pete Johnson
- Always start at the end before you begin. –Robert Kiyosaki
- Execution is the ability to mesh strategy with reality, align people with goals, and achieve the promised results. –Larry Bossidy
- A strategy is necessary because the future is unpredictable. –Robert Waterman
- Be real and adjust your strategy according to honest results. –Charles Caleb Colton
- When your headlights aren’t on, the best rearview mirror available isn’t likely to improve your driving. –Marth Rogers
- The best content in the world won’t drive revenue if nobody sees it. –Anonymous
- Make generosity part of your growth strategy. –Anonymous
- You have to be fast on your feet and adaptive or else a strategy is useless. –Charles de Gaulle
- I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy. –Jack Canfield
- The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. –Mark Zuckerberg
- Perfect moves hold you back from moves at all. –Anonymous
- There is only one winning strategy. It is to carefully define the target market and direct a superior offering to that target market. –Philip Kotler
- Fitting in is a short-term strategy, standing out pays off in the long run. –Seth Godin
- The best marketing strategy ever: Care. –Gary Vaynerchuck
- Sound strategy starts with having the right goal. –Michael Porter
- Creating value for humanity should not be an afterthought but a core business strategy. –Anonymous
- A vision and strategy aren’t enough. The long-term key to success is execution. Each day. Every day. –Richard M. Kovacevich
- We live in a world where finding fault in others seems to be the favorite blood sport. It has long been the basis of political campaign strategy. It is the theme of much television programming across the world. It sells newspapers. Whenever we meet anyone, our first, almost unconscious reaction may be to look for imperfections. –Henry B. Eyring
- Creative without strategy is called ‘art.’ Creative with strategy is called advertising. –Jef I. Richards
- Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. –Norman Schwarzkopf
- Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs. –Susan Sontag
- Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy. –Rudy Giuliani
- All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. –Sun Tzu
- Stock market goes up or down, and you can’t adjust your portfolio based on the whims of the market, so you have to have a strategy in a position and stay true to that strategy and not pay attention to noise that could surround any particular investment. –John Paulson
- Don’t give up. Obstacles can be overcome through strategy and learning. –Hidetaka Miyazaki
- Obstacles, of course, are developmentally necessary: they teach kids strategy, patience, critical thinking, resilience and resourcefulness. –Naomi Wolf
- Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men. –Miyamoto Musashi
- A lot of people think international relations is like a game of chess. But it’s not a game of chess, where people sit quietly, thinking out their strategy, taking their time between moves. It’s more like a game of billiards, with a bunch of balls clustered together. –Madeleine Albright
- Investing in early childhood nutrition is a surefire strategy. The returns are incredibly high. –Anne M. Mulcahy
- In boxing you create a strategy to beat each new opponent, it’s just like chess. –Lennox Lewis
- There’s only one growth strategy: work hard. –William Hague
- In chess, you gotta come up with a strategy. I made a lot of plans in my life. ‘I’ma do this, I’ma do that, this is gonna happen, that’s gonna happen.’ And a lot of stuff don’t go as planned. You really gotta act on events as they unfold. That’s how I compare chess to life. –Tee Grizzley
- Foresight turns out to be a critical adaptive strategy for times of great stress. –Jamais Cascio
- Baseball is about talent, hard work, and strategy. But at the deepest level, it’s about love, integrity, and respect. –Pat Gillick
- The correct strategy in heads-up poker is based on identifying and acting upon your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses. –Daniel Negreanu
- I don’t have any magical ability. I look at a problem, play with it, work out a strategy. –Terence Tao
- Famous pivot stories are often failures but you don’t need to fail before you pivot. All a pivot is is a change in strategy without a change in vision. Whenever entrepreneurs see a new way to achieve their vision – a way to be more successful – they have to remain nimble enough to take it. –Eric Ries
- The company without a strategy is willing to try anything. –Michael Porter
- You’ve got to eat while you dream. You’ve got to deliver on short-range commitments, while you develop a long-range strategy and vision and implement it. The success of doing both. Walking and chewing gum if you will. Getting it done in the short-range, and delivering a long-range plan, and executing on that. –Jack Welch
- Companies that grow for the sake of growth or that expand into areas outside their core business strategy often stumble. On the other hand, companies that build scale for the benefit of their customers and shareholders more often succeed over time. –Jamie Dimon
- One of my key mental fitness tips is to make sure you are aware of your target and develop a strategy – a routine that you can depend on while in the race. This is a crucial part of mental fitness and preparation. –Nino Schurter
- Who asks whether the enemy was defeated by strategy or valor? –Virgil
- In every fight the strategy is to baptize and take their soul – that’s always the strategy. –Jorge Masvidal
- Alignment of business strategy and risk appetite should minimize the firm’s exposure to large and unexpected losses. In addition, the firm’s risk management capabilities need to be commensurate with the risks it expects to take. –Jerome Powell
- What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy. –Jeff Bezos
- Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation. –Max Euwe
- Globalization means that business strategy and business ethics cannot be separated from each other. –Ofra Strauss
- Strategy is about making choices, trade-offs; it’s about deliberately choosing to be different. –Michael Porter
- Look at a football field. It looks like a big movie screen. This is theatre. Football combines the strategy of chess. It’s part ballet. It’s part battleground, part playground. We clarify, amplify and glorify the game with our footage, the narration and that music, and in the end create an inspirational piece of footage. –Steve Sabol
- Success doesn’t necessarily come from breakthrough innovation but from flawless execution. A great strategy alone won’t win a game or a battle; the win comes from basic blocking and tackling. –Naveen Jain
- Writing the perfect paper is a lot like a military operation. It takes discipline, foresight, research, strategy, and, if done right, ends in total victory. –Ryan Holiday
- We need economic growth, yes, but growth can be jobless, so a sustainable development framework for employment must include a job creation strategy. –Sharan Burrow
- Strategy 101 is about choices: You can’t be all things to all people. –Michael Porter
- As an infantry officer who served in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantanamo Bay, I have led men in combat and trained them on tactics and strategy. The mission of the infantry is to ‘close with, and destroy, the enemy.’ Our job, in a direct way, is to fight and win wars. –Pete Hegseth
- Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there. –John P. Kotter
- The basis of our partnership strategy and our partnership approach: We build the social technology. They provide the music. –Mark Zuckerberg
- Communication and communication strategy is not just part of the game – it is the game. –Oscar Munoz
- Every successful social movement in this country’s history has used disruption as a strategy to fight for social change. Whether it was the Boston Tea Party to the sit-ins at lunch counters throughout the South, no change has been won without disruptive action. –Alicia Garza
- In marketing I’ve seen only one strategy that can’t miss – and that is to market to your best customers first, your best prospects second and the rest of the world last. –John Romero
- The essence of strategy is that you must set limits on what you’re trying to accomplish. –Michael Porter
- You may not be interested in strategy, but strategy is interested in you. –Leon Trotsky
- The entrance strategy is actually more important than the exit strategy. –Edward Lampert
- A successful economic development strategy must focus on improving the skills of the area’s workforce, reducing the cost of doing business and making available the resources business needs to compete and thrive in today’s global economy. –Rod Blagojevich
- Strategy is, at some level, the ability to predict what’s going to happen, but it’s also about understanding the context in which it is being formulated. And then you have to be open-minded to the fact that you’re not going to get it right at the very beginning. –Martin Dempsey
- The best CEOs I know are teachers, and at the core of what they teach is strategy. –Michael Porter
- Being a unique superpower undermines the military intelligence of strategy. To think strategically, one has to imagine oneself in the enemy’s place. If one cannot do this, it is impossible to foresee, to take by surprise, to outflank. Misinterpreting an enemy can lead to defeat. This is how empires fall. –John Berger
- What I found over the years is the most important thing is for a team to come together over a compelling vision, a comprehensive strategy for achieving that vision, and then a relentless implementation plan. –Alan Mulally
- For me, the winning strategy in any start-up business is, Think big but start small. –Carmen Busquets
- As an entrepreneur, one of the biggest challenges you will face will be building your brand. The ultimate goal is to set your company and your brand apart from the crowd. If you form a strategy without doing the research, your brand will barely float – and at the speed industries move at today, brands sink fast. –Ryan Holmes
- There’s a fundamental distinction between strategy and operational effectiveness. –Michael Porter
- My basic strategy is to stick to my core business and to my area of expertise. –Henry Sy
- Most people generalize whatever they did, and say that was the strategy that made it work. –Ben Silbermann
- For acquiring companies, the excitement is almost always about where they are going – that is, their strategy for gaining greater growth and productivity. But when mergers fail, it’s often because no one focused on who they are – that is, their culture, which is critical to successfully bringing different groups of people together. –Punit Renjen
- The underlying principles of strategy are enduring, regardless of technology or the pace of change. –Michael Porter
- When a plan or strategy fails, people are tempted to assume it was the wrong vision. Plans and strategies can always be changed and improved. But vision doesn’t change. Visions are simply refined with time. –Andy Stanley
- The most passionately anti-Obama Republican politicians and activists consider themselves the truest and purest of conservatives, and often unleash their scorn and fury on others who also call themselves conservative but differ on strategy and tactics. –John Podhoretz
- Policing is an integral part of governance. It is a whole, but it is also a part of the larger whole. Just like a human organ like the head, it’s got intelligence, stamina, strategy and surveillance. But it cannot function independently in the absence of other life-sustaining organs. –Kiran Bedi
- Prudence is not the same thing as caution. Caution is a helpful strategy when you’re crossing a minefield; it’s a disaster when you’re in a gold rush. –John Ortberg
- Incentives are not strategy, they are tactics. Defensive measures. –Carlos Ghosn
- We need a better strategy to achieve the national goal of a stable population, healthier and better educated. –Rajiv Gandhi
- Finally, strategy must have continuity. It can’t be constantly reinvented. –Michael Porter
- It’s not that other countries steal jobs from you guys. It’s your strategy. Distribute the money and things in a proper way. –Jack Ma
- If I had one golf course, from a design standpoint, one that I really love, it would probably be Pinehurst. There’s a totally tree-lined golf course where trees are not a part of the strategy. –Jack Nicklaus
- My investment strategy, which is to focus on sectors that are a national priority for India, hasn’t changed. –Gautam Adani
- Strategy is not really a solo sport – even If you’re the CEO. –Max McKeown
- I think any good government will target on the finishing date, that is, the polling day and make sure that their strategy is strong and in place to get them successfully re-elected. –Alexander Downer
- Living in the past is a Jethro Tull album, not a smart poker strategy. –Richard Roeper
- In Spain, the game’s a lot more open. They score a lot more goals. They play football more. Here in Italy, they are much more concerned with tactics and strategy, and sometime we don’t play football. –Ronaldo
- Talent is the No. 1 priority for a CEO. You think it’s about vision and strategy, but you have to get the right people first. –Andrea Jung
- Renewable energy is an essential part of our strategy of decarbonization, decentralization, as well as digitalization of energy. –Isabelle Kocher
- There’s just a spirit about you that it’s such a beautiful art form in which you can implement strategy in order to subdue another individual. And I really feel like that’s in wrestling and UFC; we’re kind of – we collaborate in that way. –Jordan Burroughs
- Compromise is not such ignoble and deplorable a thing as we generally think. It is rather an indispensable factor in the political strategy. Any nation that rises against the oppressors is bound to fail in the beginning and to gain partial reforms during the medieval period of its struggle through compromises. –Bhagat Singh
- I will continue to focus on global strategy and to do everything I can to help Yahoo! realize its full potential and enhance its leading culture of technology and product excellence and innovation. –Jerry Yang
- To become a good coach, it is important to be equipped with tactics and strategy. But first of all, you need to have strong leadership. –Park Ji-sung
- Faith is not a political strategy and should not be a political strategy. If it is being used as a tool to garner votes, to convince people they should support one political party or the other, I think that is a huge mistake. –John Edwards
- Being steadfast and immovable with our heels in tar on the Lord’s side of the line is the only strategy that works long-term against Lucifer. –Sheri L. Dew
- I am a sprinter, and I love to go fast. It’s very difficult for me to be patient and follow a race strategy or conserve energy. –Allyson Felix
- And I guess what I would say is that we can’t think narrowly about movements for black liberation and we can’t necessarily see this class division as simply a product or a certain strategy that black movements have developed for liberation. –Angela Davis
- A strategy delineates a territory in which a company seeks to be unique. –Michael Porter
- A strategy is something like, an innovative new product; globalization, taking your products around the world; be the low-cost producer. A strategy is something you can touch; you can motivate people with; be number one and number two in every business. You can energize people around the message. –Jack Welch
- Cutting prices or putting things on sale is not sustainable business strategy. The other side of it is that you can’t cut enough costs to save your way to prosperity. –Howard Schultz
- The biggest mistake is to assume that another writer’s successful strategy will work for you, too. Publishers’ marketers – and even freelance publicists who cost mega bucks – tend to do the same basic things for all books. –M. J. Rose
- My theory on an existing crisis is that you have to be very strategic about each case’s unique elements. If a crisis involves a legal component, you need a communication strategy that complements the company’s legal objective. A strategy for a plea deal is different than a case going to trial. –Judy Smith
- Creative universities are bedrock of every developed nation’s S&T strategy. –Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- It’s very clear that AI is going to impact every industry. I think that every nation needs to make sure that AI is a part of their national strategy. Every country will be impacted. –Jensen Huang
- I’m in a position now where I can play certain roles and when I get older, I won’t be able to. So, I don’t have a strategy of trying to grow up too quick, I just want to kind of look at everything. –Tom Welling
- Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy’s strategy. –Sun Tzu
- Generally, older people in their fifties, sixties, and seventies are running most countries and are CEOs of corporations. Which isn’t to say there aren’t entrepreneurs, but if the young were better in every respect, there’d be no reason for the old. Our life span reflects our particular life strategy. –Cynthia Kenyon
- I basically see two reasons for a going public: Glencore gets access to more money. It is a way of funding your business and to finance growth. Plus: You have more liquid shares. It is easier to leave the company and redeem your shares. The ‘going public’ may also be an exit strategy for the top management. –Marc Rich
- Luck is not scalable. Luck is not a national strategy. –Priscilla Chan
- As a group, we want to follow good and green strategy. Setting targets is one element of that. The second part is to design products which meet environmental goals. –Jamshyd Godrej
- Strategy is buying a bottle of fine wine when you take a lady out for dinner. Tactics is getting her to drink it. –Frank Muir
- The way we look at manufacturing is this: the U.S.’s strategy should be to skate where the puck is going, not where it is. –Tim Cook
- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. –Unknown
- I am able to ride the bike and think clearly about strategy and tyres. I also have positive thinking. I am very constructively critical. –Valentino Rossi
- Our strategy should be based on indigenisation and import substitution. The government must provide opportunities for domestic companies to participate in sectors in which the country continues to depend on imports. –Baba Kalyani
- If adolescent pregnancy prevention is to become a priority, then our strategy, as advocates, must contain two key elements: civic engagement and education. –Jane Fonda
- Accountability in friendship is the equivalent of love without strategy. –Anita Brookner
- I got an album concept called ‘Exit Strategy,’ that might be one of my last ones. It’s a term they use in business when you build companies. You create an exit strategy as you make a company. You don’t wait till you’re five years in it; you create a exit strategy as you make the company. –Nipsey Hussle
- I’m undefeated in Scrabble. I can figure out an opponent’s strategy and mold mine to offset theirs. I play a couple times a week, and I’ll often play a game on my bed by myself against myself, which I realize sounds completely mad. –Ryan Kwanten
- Clinton and Obama practice this politics known quaintly as the Richard Speck strategy: if you cannot take on everyone in the room at once, take them out of the room one at a time. –Grover Norquist
- When you get to the tee on a really long par 5, I know what you’re feeling. You want to let the shaft out on the driver and try to bomb it down there. I get the same feeling. But a big tee shot is not always the best strategy, especially on a long hole. –Ernie Els
- Trump is a master obfuscator. Like an octopus escaping a predator, he releases a cloud of ink when called to the carpet on one of his many lies. His strategy? Obfuscate, then reference others. ‘Millions agree, everyone knows, many have done it. –Pamela Meyer
- Martyrdom of followers is a strategy of political leaders to grab money and power. –Sreenivasan
- If GE’s strategy of investment in China is wrong, it represents a loss of a billion dollars, perhaps a couple of billion dollars. If it is right, it is the future of this company for the next century. –Jack Welch
- The strength of self-reliance and self-development is that of science and technology, and the shortcut to implementing the five-year strategy is to give importance and precedence to science and technology. –Kim Jong-un
- The success of one market model cannot be migrated to another. Ignoring Macau’s special characteristics and duplicating a Las Vegas or an Atlantic City would not be a successful strategy. –Stanley Ho
- I really don’t have much respect for the people who live their lives motivated by an exit strategy existing, being performed. There was no option that we were trained in that says, If it gets too hard, get up and leave. –Andy Grove
- We need a comprehensive strategy that includes expanding criminal background checks for all commercial gun sales, dedicated federal law to combat gun trafficking, and a strong commitment to mental health services. –Elizabeth Esty
- Today, I think a CFO needs to be more of an operating CFO: someone who’s using the financial data and the data of the company to help drive strategy, the allocation of capital, and the management of risks. –Anthony Noto
- The problem with a cost reduction strategy is that there is a finite limit.You can only get to zero. –Eliyahu Goldratt
- In a period of economic downturn, the overwhelming instinct is to pare back, cut costs, and lay off. If you do that, do so with your strategy in mind. The worst mistake is to cut across the board. Instead, reconnect and recommit to a clear strategy that will distinguish yourself from others. –Michael Porter
- We continue to advise that investors remain committed to a patient, long-term outlook and that the best way to do well in stocks is to use a disciplined, time-tested strategy that has the benefit of empirically tested results over a variety of market environments. –James O’Shaughnessy
- Weeks go by, and I don’t paint until finally I can’t stand it any longer. I get fed up. I almost don’t want to talk about it, because I don’t want to become self-conscious about it, but perhaps I create these little crises as a kind of a secret strategy to push myself. –Gerhard Richter
- I don’t even think of it as a strategy. It’s me in my element; it’s my forte. Me being with all the mandem on the ends, spitting to an old school grime riddim, is me in my element; that’s when I feel I’m at my best. –Stormzy
- My exit strategy from pro wrestling wasn’t carved in stone. I retired because of a few neck issues, some neurological issues. –Stone Cold Steve Austin
- If your strategy calls for you to be in America, then you will go into America. If your strategy calls for you to be in M&A, then you’ll do an acquisition. You usually acquire a company to acquire technology, geographic advantage, etc. Similarly, geographic expansion is very much like M&A. It’s done to advance a strategy. –Anand Mahindra
- Our first use of cash is invested organically, secondly returning values our shareholders – roughly 100 percent free cash flow. And then thirdly, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships that complement our organic strategy. We are going to continue down that path. –Dennis Muilenburg
- My career strategy has never been the most important thing; my conscience is. –Parvathy
- The majority of the world’s Muslims do not believe that terrorism is a legitimate strategy or that Islam is incompatible with democracy. –Gijs de Vries
- There is a feeling among the Arabs – encouraging terrorist activity is part of the broad new Arab strategy – that sooner or later, Israel will be forced to withdraw from Samaria, Judea and Gaza. –Ariel Sharon
- As leaders, it is incumbent on all of us to make sure we are building a world in which every individual has an opportunity to thrive. Understanding what AI can do and how it fits into your strategy is the beginning, not the end, of that process. –Andrew Ng
- Business is another kind of world that I don’t think is as passionate. It is not the pressure to perform as you have in football. It is more about strategy, skill, about how you deal with all the information you have. Some of the things from football I can bring to business, and some things from business I can bring to football. –Gerard Pique
- The rigor and discipline we use in running our business is key to consistently executing our growth strategy. And we systematically applied the same discipline to our investments, including acquisitions. –Pierre Nanterme
- Cutting prices or putting things on sale is not sustainable business strategy. –Howard Schultz
- Even for defeating extremists, you need more than a military strategy. –Mohammad Javad Zarif
- My objective with strategy is to be very repetitive, to be somewhat boring, to allow people to coalesce behind a common direction. –Mark V. Hurd
- The object of China’s strategy is inexorably to supplant the United States as the world’s premier economic power, and if necessary, to defeat us militarily. –Frank Gaffney
- But the central point is that any campaign against Iraq, whatever the strategy, cost and risks, is certain to divert us for some indefinite period from our war on terrorism. –Brent Scowcroft
- You build your own strategy. You don’t define it by what another competitor is doing. –Ginni Rometty
- If you can’t define a winning exit strategy for the American people, where we somehow come out ahead, then we’re wasting our money, and we’re wasting our strategic resources. –Jon Huntsman, Jr.
- The French elites’ strategy of trying to defeat the Le Pens by aping their rhetoric, stealing their policies, and pandering to their voters has been a political and moral failure. –Mehdi Hasan
- The ability to have influence and create change and drive the strategy of an organization is really what excites me. –Adena Friedman
- Our priority is to go after ISIL. And so what we have said is that we are not engaging in a military action against the Syrian regime. We are going after ISIL facilities and personnel who are using Syria as a safe haven, in service of our strategy in Iraq. –Barack Obama
- Giving feels good, but it’s also good for the bottom line. Charity is a viable growth strategy for a lot of companies. Our customers get excited to be a part of what we’re doing. If you ask anyone wearing Toms how they first heard about us, most won’t mention an advertisement; they’ll say a friend told them our story. –Blake Mycoskie
- We intend to follow one strategy: that is to reach out to each and every resident in the constituency. We do not believe in just waving to the people from cars. –Atishi
- Our strategy in dealing with patents in Mono is the same strategy that any other software developer would take. In the event of a patent claim, we will try to find prior art to the claim of the patent. –Miguel de Icaza
- Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists. –Anita Brookner
- I realized that every sermon I preached should be designed not to ‘teach’ or ‘convert’ people, but rather to encourage them, to give them a lift. I decided to adopt the spirit, style, strategy and substance of a ‘therapist’ in the pulpit. –Robert H. Schuller
- You know the best thing about competition? There’s this whole strategy game, and when it all works out its like solving that hard math equation. You finally get the answer and you’re so happy. –Shaun White
- One strategy for getting ahead is being incredibly good at a particular skill; you need to be world-class to stand out for that skill. In my case, I layered fairly average skills together until the combination became special. –Scott Adams
- We need to stop thinking about infrastructure as an economic stimulant and start thinking about it as a strategy. Economic stimulants produce Bridges to Nowhere. Strategic investment in infrastructure produces a foundation for long-term growth. –Roger McNamee
- It is what makes the reform process an art, not just a science. You have to develop a strategy that tells you what reform measures you should follow and in what sequence. –Vaclav Klaus
- What I learned with Cecil Taylor was strategy and survival and how to resist temptations and resist getting discouraged. –Steve Lacy
- I start with people’s growth, my own growth included. I don’t start with the company’s strategy or products. I start with people’s growth because I believe that if the people who are running and participating in a company grow, then the company’s growth will in many respects take care of itself. –James McNerney
- If all you’re doing is grinding for the man, it’s going to burden you. Once you say, ‘Hey, I’m grinding for the man, but I’m putting money away, and this is part of my exit strategy,’ you’re working for you. –Jocko Willink
- Every few years, you have to change your strategy. You have to look at how the world is mutating, and mutate. Not in the same way but in parallel. –Genesis P-Orridge
- When you have no one to answer to, vendetta as investment strategy is as legitimate as anything. –Carl Icahn
- I think there are a lot of hurdles between a normal consumer brand figuring out their mobile strategy – let alone their chat app strategy – and programming a Facebook Messenger chatbot. –Harper Reed
- Being tough on China is one thing. Being completely erratic with no strategy and dragging businesses and farmers through the mud, using them as pawns in the game, is not the way to beat China. –Tim Ryan
- Choosing a role is very difficult. There’s no way to have a strategy. –Lena Olin
- I think any student of military strategy would tell you that in order to attack a position, you should have a ratio of approximately 3 to 1 in favor of the attacker. –Norman Schwarzkopf
- When something you use again and again is on sale, take advantage. This strategy doesn’t apply to perishable items, and you don’t want to buy so much more than you need just to get a deal, but if you know you’re going to use a product eventually, it pays to take advantage of the cheaper price. –Jean Chatzky
- The sad fact is that it would be fair to say that United is a generic, bureaucratic, tired company. A sort of DMV in the sky. No real culture. No real strategy. No real expectations for employees or customers. All of which is a shame. –Patrick Lencioni
- So we need the same strategy, we need young, aggressive judges to be appointed, and that’s what the President has done, but getting them through is the challenge. –Jay Alan Sekulow
- Kindness is not a business. True kindness expects nothing in return and should never act with conditions. –Roy Bennett
- The message of the Kaizen strategy is that not a day should go by without some kind of improvement being made somewhere in the company. –Masaaki Imai
- In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. –Mark Zuckerberg
- The only sustainable competitive advantage is your innovation culture. –Soren Kaplan
- Contact Sales
- Leadership |
39 empowering business quotes
Business quotes are a great way to empower your team to be their very best. We’ve gathered 39 inspiring quotes from successful entrepreneurs.
Everyone needs a little inspiration now and then, especially in a professional setting. Your job as a leader is to motivate your team members through empowering actions and statements.
From Steve Jobs to Arianna Huffington, take a look at these 39 inspirational quotes to share with your teammates.
Quotes to help you start a business
Starting a business is a difficult endeavor—and one that doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and devotion to turn your business into what you've always dreamed it would be. These quotes will give you the drive to build something that you’ll be proud of.
1. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.”
— Peter Drucker, Management consultant and educator
2. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
— Jeff Bezos, Founder and executive chairman of Amazon
3. “Risk-taking is the cornerstone of empires.”
— Estée Lauder, Businesswoman and co-founder of Estée Lauder
4. “In a busy marketplace, not standing out is the same as being invisible.”
— Seth Godin, Author and former business executive
5. “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation and consensus.”
— Simon Mainwaring, Global keynote speaker, CEO of We First, and best-selling author
6. “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.”
— Mark Zuckerberg, CEO and co-founder of Facebook
7. “In the past a leader was a boss. Today's leaders must be partners with their people... they no longer can lead solely based on positional power.”
— Ken Blanchard, Author and motivational speaker
8. “Feeling confident—or pretending that you feel confident—is necessary to reach for opportunities. It's a cliché, but opportunities are rarely offered; they're seized.”
— Sheryl Sandberg, Business executive and COO of Facebook
Quotes to improve self development
Part of growing your skills is about developing your emotional intelligence in order to be the best leader you can be. The quotes below will keep you mindful of your habits and help you become the ideal version of yourself.
9. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.”
— Sara Blakely, Businesswoman and founder of Spanx
10. “The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
— Stephen Covey, Educator and author
11. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
— Oprah Winfrey, Talk show host and media magnate
12. “I have a theory and I really believe it. I think your worst weakness can become your greatest single strength.”
— Barbara Corcoran, Businesswoman and Shark on ABC’s reality series
13. “Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.”
— Guy Kawasaki, Marketing leader and Silicon Valley venture capitalist
14. “If you start thinking that only your biggest and shiniest moments count, you're setting yourself up to feel like a failure most of the time.”
— Chris Hadfield, Former Canadian Space Agency astronaut
15. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
— Steve Jobs, Business magnate and co-founder of Apple
16. “Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change.”
— Iyanla Vanzant, Inspirational speaker and lawyer
17. “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.”
— Phil Jackson, Former professional basketball player and coach
18. “Learning from each mistake requires self-awareness and humility, but it can be one of the biggest keys to reaching your full potential.”
— Amy Morin, Psychotherapist and mental strength trainer
19. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.”
— Bill Gates, Business magnate and co-founder of Microsoft
20. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
— Henry Ford, Industrialist and founder of the Ford Motor Company
21. “You renew yourself every day. Sometimes you’re successful, sometimes you’re not, but it’s the average that counts.”
— Satya Nadella, Business executive and CEO of Microsoft
22. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt, Political figure and former First Lady
Quotes to help you achieve success
Success isn’t obtained overnight. It takes hard work and dedication to achieve your dreams. However, success comes in many forms. Whether it be your business, your work, your family, or something completely different, these quotes will guide you through finding success.
23. “Success is very much the intersection of luck and hard work.”
— Dustin Moskovitz, Co-founder and CEO of Asana
24. “Don't worry about failure; you only have to be right once.”
— Drew Houston, Entrepreneur and the co-founder and CEO of Dropbox
25. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
— Helen Keller, Author and disability rights advocate
26. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.”
— Arianna Huffington, Businesswoman and CEO of Thrive Global
27. “You don’t achieve success, you attract success.”
— Farshad Asl, Entrepreneur and CEO of Top Leaders
28. “Be brutally honest about the short term, and optimistic and confident about the long term.”
— Reed Hastings, Businessman and co-CEO of Netflix
29. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
— Maya Angelou, Poet and civil rights activist
30. “I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.”
— Madeleine Albright, Politician and former Secretary of State of the United States
31. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
— Abraham Lincoln, Politician and 16th president of the United States
32. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
— Albert Einstein, Physicist known for developing the theory of relativity
33. “Success is a decision. Dare to choose it.”
— Jill Konrath, Sales strategist and author of the book Selling to Big Companies
Quotes about building—and achieving—dreams
Everyone has a dream that they’ve always wanted to achieve. For some, those dreams may be harder to accomplish. With a little bit of courage, dedication, and inspirational quotes, you can ensure those dreams are within reach.
34. “First, think. Second, believe. Third, dream. And finally, dare.”
— Walt Disney, Entrepreneur and co-founder of The Walt Disney Company
35. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
— Thomas Edison, Inventor and businessman
36. “You never lose a dream. It just incubates as a hobby.”
— Larry Page, Entrepreneur and co-founder of Google
37. “A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.”
— Mary Kay Ash, Businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
38. “They tell you: Follow your dreams... Dream and dream big. I think that's crap. I think a lot of people dream. And while they are busy dreaming, the really happy people, the really successful people, the really interesting, powerful, engaged people? Are busy doing.”
— Shonda Rhimes, Television producer and screenwriter
39. “Most ideas are born and lost in isolation.”
— Scott Belsky, Entrepreneur and co-creator of Behance
Tips to empower your team
Along with sharing inspiring business quotes to motivate your teammates, there are a few other ways you can take it to the next level. From encouraging intrinsic motivation using team bonding activities to leading by example, you have the capability to empower your team to do great work.
Here are three ways to get started:
Encourage intrinsic motivation : Intrinsic motivation refers to behavior driven by internal rewards. Examples of this include participating in a team building game because you want to, not because you have to, and learning new skills because you like to be challenged. By encouraging intrinsic motivation in the workplace, you can empower your team to be their very best.
Lead by serving your team: Servant leadership is an approach that focuses on serving others rather than managing for results. This helps create an environment where team members can thrive. Characteristics that you can embody include strong listening skills, empathy, self-awareness, and the desire to create a healthy work environment—all of which will help your team feel heard and empowered.
Establish group norms: Group norms are the spoken or unspoken rules that guide how team members interact, collaborate, and work. By identifying group norms, you can build and empower your team in order to take them to the next level. Some examples include creating meeting agendas, tracking to-dos, and communicating in shared tools—all of which can help build clarity and successful group norms.
These three ways to empower your team can have a lasting impact on the success and overall happiness of each of your team members. Plus, they can help foster a collaborative, productive, and efficient workplace.
Inspire your team with these business quotes
These inspirational business quotes can be the motivating factor to push your team members out of their comfort zones and explore new possibilities within your organization. While they may not be the only way to foster team empowerment, sharing motivational quotes can positively impact your teammates.
Not only that, but the right business quotes can shape your own work ethic and leadership style . From offering business insight to sharing helpful resources, quotes from successful entrepreneurs could just be the push you need.
If you’re looking for additional ways to support your team through collaboration, check out 45 team building games to improve communication. Or, try collaboration software to manage your work more productively.
How to think more like a futurist
Exit interview: 7 questions to gain valuable insights (with template)
The ladder of inference: How to make better decisions
Training plans: How to boost team learning
Home > Business
50 Best Business Quotes
Looking for some motivation to get your business to the next level? I got you. Here is a list of the best quotes about business to help you on your journey to grow your business into something great.
1. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker, Management Consultant and Author
2. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money; rule No. 2: Don’t forget rule No. 1.” – Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
3. “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch, Former CEO of General Electric
4. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft
5. “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton, Founder of Walmart
6. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. ” – Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
7. “Choose a job that you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
8. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs, Founder of Apple, Inc.
9. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney, Founder of The Walt Disney Company
10. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
11. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth
12. “I learned to never kick someone when they’re down. Everyone makes mistakes, and some are real whoppers. But that makes them whopping opportunities, too.” — Jack Welsh
13. “You need to have a culture instead of a payroll so that people watch themselves. What does this? Not money, but enhanced self-esteem.” — Steve Wynn
14. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn
15. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” — Tony Hsieh
16. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure, or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson
17. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” — Tony Robbins
18. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” — Zig Ziglar
19. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” — John D. Rockefeller Jr.
20. “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” — Oprah Winfrey
21. “If someone is out in the desert walking around, they’re going to be thirsty. You just have to ask them what they want to drink.” — Arthur Blank
22. “I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it, and make trial after trial, until it comes.” — Thomas Edison
23. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg
24. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller
25. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” — Jason Cohen
Related: The 100 Best Money Quotes of All Time
26. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” — Reid Hoffman
27. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely
28. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake
29. “I think that the most important issue that will reshape our lives in the years ahead will be how man-made and artificial intelligence compete and work together.” — Ray Dalio
30. “Sometimes the best way to make money is when most people say you are wrong and nuts.” — Carl Icahn
31. “Most people fail in science because they talk themselves out of doing the experiment. Ideas are a dime a dozen. What makes the difference is the execution of the idea.” — Craig Venter
32. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz
33. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” — Mark Cuban
34. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” — David Karp
35. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
36. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” — Ingvar Kamprad
37. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs
38. “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” — Tim Ferriss
39. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” — Marissa Mayer
40. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas
41. “Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” — Phil Knight
42. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” — Zig Ziglar
43.“There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” — Seth Godin
44. “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” — Robert T. Kiyosaki
45. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” — Napoleon Hill
46. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
47. “If you’re competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.” — Jeff Bezos
48. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
49. “ Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” — John D. Rockefeller
50. “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” — Oprah Winfrey
Do you have a favorite quote about business? If so, share it with us on social media.
Join Our FREE 5-Day Money Masterclass
Get a clear picture of your finances and achieve your goals!
35 Inspirational Quotes On Planning
Planning is key to success, if you do not have a plan for your life then you will just end up falling into someone else’s plan and your life will not amount to much but mediocrity. May these quotes inspire your to plan your life and beyond in the best of manners so that you may attain success.
1. “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” Alan Lakein
2. “Planning for success will make you even more creative.” Danielle LaPorte
3. “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Anonymous
4. “Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance.” Stephen Keague
5. “Success doesn’t just happen. It’s planned for.” Anonymous
6. “A plan is only as good as those who see it through.” Anonymous
7. “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” Allen Lakein
8. “Plan your work and work your plan.” Napoleon Hill
9. “Sometimes, we need to stop analyzing the past and start planning the future.” Anonymous
10. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” Confucius
11. “Planning is everything.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
12. “For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” African Proverb
13. “Good luck is the result of good planning.” Anonymous
14. “Get up earlier and take some time to plan your day. Every extra minute you spend planning will add more time and power to your life.” Anonymous
15. “The sooner you start planning your life, the sooner you will live the life you dream of.” Hans Glint
16. “Most people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan.” John L. Beckley
17. “Do you have a plan?” Anonymous
18. “Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.” Winston Churchill
19. “Good planning without good working is nothing.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
20. “An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.” Dale Carnegie
21. “Always have a plan, and belive in it. Nothing happens by accident.” Chuck Knox
22. “Without goals and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” Fitzhugh Dodson
23. “Strategic planning will help you uncover your available options, set priorities for them, and define the methods to achieve them.” Robert J. McKain
24. “You can spend your whole life planning. But once you’re ready, get out there and start doing.” Taylor Momsen
25. “Set your intentions for the week. People who plan achieve.” Anonymous
26. “Dreaming after all, is a form of planning.” Gloria Steinem
27. “The man who is prepared has his battle half fought.” Miguel De Cervantes
28. “If you don’t have a plan, you become part of somebody else’s plan.” Terence McKenna
29. “The backbone of success is hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance.” Mia Hamm
30. “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” Thomas Edison
31. “Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and most of all self-discipline.” Thomas J. Stanley
32. “If you don’t plan, how do you plan to succeed?” Anonymous
33. “Make time for planning: Wars are won in the general’s tent.” Stephen R. Covey
34. “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” Brian Tracy
35. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” Earl Nightingale
25 Inspirational Quotes On Limits
15 Inspirational Quotes On Exploration
My name is Asad Meah, I am the CEO & Founder of AwakenTheGreatnessWithin. I am a dreamchaser who has gained a wealth of knowledge in entrepreneurship and personal development over the past five years through self-education. My mission is to inspire millions of people to become entrepreneurs by awakening their minds to their greatness that resides within them.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
The 100 Most Famous Quotes On Success 2023
35 Dubai Quotes On Success
35 Encouraging Quotes On Success
35 Discomfort Quotes On Success
35 Kingly Quotes On Success
35 Skincare Quotes On Success
35 Like Attracts Like Quotes On Success
35 The Social Network Quotes On Success
35 CEO Quotes On Success
35 Enough Quotes On Success
50 Inspirational Islamic Quotes On God, Life, Success, & The Hereafter
60 Beauty Quotes
35 Inspirational God Quotes
35 Invention Quotes On Success
35 Inspirational Quotes On Knowing Your Worth
20 Inspirational Quotes On Being A Good Person
35 Inspirational Quotes On Light
35 Inspirational Quotes On Patience
“The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done…you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do.” – Lil Wayne Hip-hop is omnivorous, so it was only a matter of time before a rapper like Lil Wayne spoke to the concerns of project managers.
“The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.” – Sergey Brin, co-founder, Google “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani, founder, Reliance Industries “I do not know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.”
“Plans are of little importance, but planning is essential.” ― Winston Churchill, former British Prime Minister “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” ― Alan Lakein, author “Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower, former U.S. President
10 Copy quote Businesses planned for service are apt to succeed businesses planned for profit are apt to fail. Nicholas Murray Butler Succeed, Failing, Profit 6 Copy quote The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. Walt Disney Inspirational, Motivational, Positive 181 Copy quote Show source
The returns are incredibly high. –Anne M. Mulcahy In boxing you create a strategy to beat each new opponent, it’s just like chess. –Lennox Lewis There’s only one growth strategy: work hard. –William Hague In chess, you gotta come up with a strategy. I made a lot of plans in my life.
“Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” — Peter Drucker, Management consultant and educator 2. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” — Jeff Bezos, Founder and executive chairman of Amazon 3.
1. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker, Management Consultant and Author 2. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money; rule No. 2: Don’t forget rule No. 1.” – Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway 3. “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch, Former CEO of General Electric 4.
1. “Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” Alan Lakein 2. “Planning for success will make you even more creative.” Danielle LaPorte 3. “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Anonymous 4. “Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance.” Stephen Keague 5. “Success doesn’t just happen.