What's Your Question?
How to Install Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is an industry leader in word processing, and installing it on your computer after purchase is easy indeed. Here is an overview of the process.
Insert DVD and Run Setup
Microsoft Word is commonly available as part of the Microsoft Office package. For these instructions, we’ll look at the process of installing Microsoft Office 2007 or installing Microsoft Office 2010 from a DVD; Microsoft Word will be installed as part of this software suite.
- Insert the Microsoft Office DVD into your computer’s optical disc drive.
- The installation may begin automatically, or you may have to manually run the “SETUP.EXE” file.
- If Windows prompts you to allow permission for the program to launch, allow it.
Product Keys Explained
Next the Microsoft Office installation process will ask you for your 25-character Product Key. This is a form of software copy-protection and is used by Microsoft to prevent the user (or multiple users) from installing Office — and therefore Word — on more computers than the license agreement permits. A Product Key is much like a serial number.
The 25-characters of the Product Key are arranged in this fashion:
Some of the characters may be numbers, others letters. If your Product Key ever becomes unreadable, you can ask Microsoft for help in getting a new one.
The Product Key for you version of Office and Word will likely be somewhere inside the packaging that your DVD came in. Look for a sticker or a Certificate of Authenticity.
Enter the Product Key
Enter the 25-character Product Key into the dialog box. You don’t need to insert the dashes separating the sets of five characters; Windows will do that for you. Be sure to type the characters exactly as they appear on your Product Key sticker or certificate.
When you’re finished, the Office installation program will check the validity of your Product Key. When that’s done, click Continue.
Agree to License Terms
The Office installation program will bring up the Microsoft Software License Terms. You must agree to the terms in order to use the software and Word; you can cancel the installation at this time if you don’t agree, but you won’t be able to install Microsoft Word. After reading the terms, check the “I accept the terms of this agreement” box and click Continue.
Install and Launch Office and Word
Windows will ask you what type of installation you want. The default is “Install Now,” while “Customize” allows advanced users to choose particular components of the Office software to install. For this example, we’ll choose “Install Now,” which will install Microsoft Word as part of the Office suite.
Click “Install Now” and then wait while Office installs all the necessary files; this could take some time depending on the speed of your machine. When the installation ends, read the notice about opening the software, and then click Close. Now launch your new copy of Microsoft Word. On Windows 7 or Windows 10, it might be highlighted in the Start menu as a new program. Click on Microsoft Word to open it.
At this time, you can activate Word through the Internet by clicking the Office Button, choosing Options and clicking Activate Microsoft Office. If successful, you’re all done and ready to go.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
- Syllabus/Signature Page
- A-Z beginning scavenger hunt
- Famous Photographers
- Website Critique
- 8th Grade Computer Apps
- 7th Grade Computer Apps
- Photography II
- Classroom Information
- Extras: Royalty Free Music
Microsoft Word Assignments
14 Best Steps on How to Make an Assignment on MS Word
Nowadays, it is very common for students to complete their assignments using Microsoft Word. Thus, they look up how to make an assignment on MS Word. Because of the numerous options provided by MS Word, it might be difficult for a beginner to handle. All you have to do is become familiar with MS Word’s options before moving on to the assignment.
Here in this blog, CodeAvail experts will explain to you 14 best steps on how to make an assignment on MS word step by step in detail.
How to make an assignment on MS word
Table of Contents
Yes, we understand that completing an assignment is challenging for most students. Because some of them are worried about completing the task like write my paper , and even if they aren’t worried, they don’t know how to use Microsoft Word effectively, which can be disastrous for many. Similarly, we are publishing this blog to teach you how to make an assignment in Microsoft Word.
If you need help with your MS Office Homework, please do not hesitate to contact our MS Office assignment help experts .
Yes, we understand that completing an assignment is challenging for most students. Because some of them are worried about completing the task, and even if they aren’t worried, they don’t know how to use Microsoft Word effectively, which can be disastrous for many. This blog is being published to teach you how to make an assignment in Microsoft Word.
1. Setting the layout of the page for your assignment
On the Toolbar, select the Page Layout tab. Likewise, Page Setup options will appear.
2. Set Margins
Set the margins as follows (Standard measure for the margin):
- Bottom: 2.5cm
- Left: 2.5cm (or 3.2cm)
- Right: 2.5cm (or 3.2cm)
3. Setting Orientation of the page
- Orientation: Portrait
4. Setting Size
- Set to A4 unless otherwise specified.
5. Setting styles
Go Back to the Home tab, You will find the Styles options in the right of the toolbar you will need to use these steps to set the headings and paragraph text for your work.
6. For Headings
Always use the first three headings (Heading 1,2 and 3)
- H1: Arial 14 pt bold
- H2: Arial 12 pt bold, italics
- H3: Arial 10.5-11 pt bold
And the text type should be Normal text
- Times New Roman 12 pt (or equivalent)
7. To set the headings styles for your work, you will have to
- Click the small Styles icon/button.
- Select/highlight the style to modify (e.g. ‘H1’), and then right-click >Modify. Likewise, the Modify Style dialog box will appear.
- Under Formatting, You can change the font style and size as per your need.
- Click OK.
8. Setting up your assignment as the one document
Also, your Work, including the title page and references ( not the Assignment Attachment form*), must be aggregated as a single word (.docx) report.
Therefore, it is simpler to make one record, embed your significant headings, and enter the content from that point. But, if you decide to make separate documents while setting up your task (for example, a different record for references), you will need to copy and paste the final contents into the one-word document and finalize the formatting there.
*The assignment attachment structure is either submitted electronically as a different document or attached to a submitted printed copy.
If you face any issues related to PowerPoint or find it difficult to complete your PowerPoint homework, use our PowerPoint PPT Homework Help by Experts .
9. Inserting section breaks, page breaks, and page numbers
The document has two sections
Section 1 Contains
- The title page
- Table of contents
Section 2 Contains
- The remainder of the assignment.
There are then page breaks within each section i.e
(e.g. between ‘Abstract’ and ‘Table of contents’; ‘Conclusion’ and ‘References’).
To insert the Section break (i.e. make two sections)
- Position your cursor at the end of the Table of contents. (Just have this as a heading; the actual table will be added at the end.)
- From the toolbar at the top of your document, open the Page Layout tab and select Breaks>Section Breaks>Next Page. Under Section break types, select ‘Next page’. This has now divided the assignment into two sections.
Now to insert the page breaks
- Place your cursor at the foot of the title (cover) page.
- Select the Page Layout tab>Breaks>Page Breaks>Page. This has now created a page break between the title page and Abstract.
- Place the cursor at the foot of the Abstract page and repeat to make the break between the Abstract and Table of contents.
- Place a page break between the Conclusion in the next section.
10. Now to add the page numbers
For section 1:.
- Place your cursor within the title page. Click on the Insert tab and then select Page Number in the Header & Footer set of options.
- Select Top of Page>Plain Number 3 (‘right’ alignment). Do not close the Header and Footer just yet.
- Check the box for Different First Page. (This will remove the page number from the title page.)
- In the Header & Footer group of options to the left of the toolbar, select Page Number>Format Page Numbers. Select i, ii, iii .. from the Number format
- Drop-down list. Under Page numbering, click the Start at the radio button (if not already activated) and select i. Click OK.
- Close the Header and Footer. [This will paginate slightly differently from the example, with Abstract on page ii. ]
For section 2:
- Go to the start of section 2 (i.e. beginning at the ‘Introduction’) and double click on the existing page number. This will open the Header settings options.
- In the Header & Footer options section on the toolbar, select Page Number>Format Page Numbers.
- Make sure the ‘Show number on the first page is selected (i.e. the box is ticked).
- Select 1, 2, 3 from the Number format drop-down list. Under Page numbering, Click on the Start at the radio button and set the start on page 1.
11. Inserting the Table of contents
- Move the cursor under the ‘Table of contents’ heading.
- Check the checkboxes for ‘Show page numbers’ and ‘Right align page numbers’.In the (last) Show levels box, set it to either just ‘1’ (i.e. list only the heading 1 level headings) or ‘2’ (to show both H1, and H2 headings).
- To update the table anytime, right-click on the table and it’s almost done.
12. The title page
Follow these steps as the model for your work:
- Assignment title: Arial 28 pt, italics, centered
- (Assignment number): Arial 18 pt, italics, centered
- Other details: Times New Roman 14 pt, left-justified; single tab spacing for items on the one line.
13. Word count
Show the word count properly for the body of your assignment, because it’s’ important.
- Place your cursor on the Introduction title, hold the Shift key down, and got to the end of the Conclusion.
- And then Tools>Word Count and record the number of words.
14. Spelling and Grammar Check
Always keep an eye on spelling and sentence structure and Before you get a printed copy of your task,
What you have to do is
- Run the word spell and sentence structure, and carefully look at your Work. (Tools>Spelling and Grammar.)
- Ensure the Dictionary Language is set to English (Australia, UK, Canada).
Get the Best Excel Assignment Help Now
6 Tips On How To Make an Assignment First Page Best
8 Best Steps On How to Write An Assignment Report
4 Tips on How to Write an Assignment Introduction
6 Tips on How to Make An Assignment For High School
To this end, now you know the 14 best steps on how to make an assignment on MS Word in detail. Many times students are worried about their assignments but we are here to assist you with all your problems. You can contact our experts anytime if you have an issue with MS Office assignment help.
As a result, Our computer science assignment help experts are available for you to provide help 24/7.
How to Hire someone to do my Statistics Homework for Me?
Students ask to do my statistics homework for me. Although there are many online tutors or statistics homework service providing websites available to help you…
How to find trusted Statistics Assignment Helper?
Statistics Assignment Help is the most common homework those students mostly demand for statistics assignment helper. Also, Statistics is the branch of mathematics which includes…
- Why Learning How to Use Microsoft Word Matters
- Creating a New Blank Document
- Saving Files
- File Extensions
- Introduction to Basic Text Formatting
- Selecting and Moving Text
- Bold, Italics, Underline
- Alignment, Justification, and Indentation
- Line and Paragraph Spacing
- Assignment: Create Basic Document
- Introduction to Advanced File Creation and Text Formatting
- Creating a New Document from a Template
- Text Effects
- Spell Check and Dictionaries
- Find and Replace
- Headers and Footers
- Assignment: Edit a Newsletter
- Why It Matters: Tables and Images
- Creating Tables
- Converting Text to a Table
- Formatting Tables
- Adding Images
- Assignment: Create Document with Tables and Images
- Putting It Together: Microsoft Word
Computer Studies » Microsoft Word » Basic Text Formatting
For this assignment, you will create and format a business memo. Follow the directions below. If you get stuck on a step, review previous lessons and you can make use of some of the skills you learnt in Internet Research to browse the web for some solutions.
To: All Employees From: Sierra Rowan, Store Manager Date: September 1, 2019 Subject: New Shelves Some of you may have noticed in recent weeks that the shelves in the home goods section are beginning to sag. We will be replacing those shelves with new, reinforced metal shelves starting next week. The shelves will be replaced 1:00–4:00 a.m., during our least busy hours. Several aisles will be off-limits to customers during that time as a safety precaution. The following aisles will be affected: Kitchen appliances Kitchen & dining furniture Kitchen storage Home goods clearance Please direct customers looking for items in the affected aisles to the Outdoor Furniture and Patio Accessories areas.
- Create a new blank document in Microsoft Word.
- Save your work.
Check Your Understanding: Paragraph Styles
Watch the five-minute video below. While the video shows an older version of Word (Microsoft Word 2010), the same features and many of the same buttons are also found in other versions of Word, including 2016.
After watching the video, answer some of these questions: In what situations would the Styles feature be useful? Would you ever use this feature? Why or why not?
Now that you have some of the basic Word principles down, you can move on to more complicated formatting.
[Attributions and Licenses]
" Authored by : Lumen Learning", CC BY
This article is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
Note that the video(s) in this lesson are provided under a Standard YouTube License .
This is a lesson from the tutorial, Microsoft Word and you are encouraged to log in or register , so that you can track your progress.
Register or login to receive notifications when there's a reply to your comment or update on this information.
Don't want to keep filling in name and email whenever you want to comment? Register or login to make commenting easier.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
we can do this together! let's work together next time, thank you for helping me Thomas!
Joy, that is hard but we managed to finish it! Way to go joy!
thank you Thomas for your hard work, keep that going!
I think this is very helpful because it helps me learn about the app word that we use a lot in our classes. this helps me discover a lot of new and fun things on the app that I never knew before.
Thank you Joy for your excellent work! way to go!
Module 5: Microsoft Word, part 3
Assignment: create document with tables and images.
For this assignment, you will format a document with a table and an image. Follow the directions, then submit your assignment. If you get stuck on a step, review this module or previous modules and ask your classmates for help in the discussion forum.
- Download the report document and open it in Microsoft Word.
- Save the document as BA132_LastName_Report.docx , replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: BA132_Hywater_Newsletter). It is a good idea to save your work periodically.
- Insert the graph image into your document after “creating greater contact efficiency for consumers.”
- Save your document again and submit your work to Canvas.
- shopping-business-retail [used in report document]. Authored by : Alexas_Fotos. Located at : https://pixabay.com/en/shopping-business-retail-1165437/ . License : CC0: No Rights Reserved
- Reading: Types of Retailers. Authored by : Lumen Learning. Located at : https://courses.lumenlearning.com/marketing-spring2016/chapter/reading-types-of-retailers/ . License : CC BY: Attribution
- Assignment: Report. Authored by : Lumen Learning. License : CC BY: Attribution
- The Retail Industry [used in report document]. Authored by : Lumen Learning. Located at : https://courses.lumenlearning.com/marketing-spring2016/chapter/reading-define-retailing/ . License : CC BY: Attribution
- Outcome: Retailers As Channels of Distribution. Authored by : Lumen Learning. Located at : https://courses.lumenlearning.com/marketing-spring2016/chapter/outcome-retailers-as-channels-of-distribution/ . License : CC BY: Attribution
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Assignment on Microsoft Word Document
Microsoft Word or MS-WORD (often called Word) is a graphical word processing program that users can type with
Sorry, preview is currently unavailable. You can download the paper by clicking the button above.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Create an assignment in Microsoft Teams
Create assignments for your students in Microsoft Teams. Manage assignment timelines, add instructions, create resources to turn in, and more.
Note: Assignments is only available in class teams . You can assign assignments to classes of up to 1000 students. Classes larger than 300 can't use a Class Notebook or Makecode.
In this article
Create a new assignment, title and category, instructions and attachments, points, rubrics, and grading, assigning to students or groups, due dates and scheduling, assign, save, or discard.
Navigate to the desired class team, then select Assignments .
Select Create > Assignment .
Note: Select Expand tab (diagonal, double sided arrow) to enter full-screen mode.
Enter a title for this assignment.
Optionally, add instructions, a rubric, or a due date.
Optionally, assign the work to a specific group of students.
Add the assignment to calendars, if you want.
Select the channel for assignment notifications.
Select Assign at the top to assign the work.
Select Save at the top to safe a draft of the assignment.
If you don't want to save this assignment, you can select Discard to delete the draft.
Give the assignment a title. This is required. You can optionally add a category .
You can type out instructions in the text box or attach a file. You can also add existing files, links, or assignment integrations to your assignment and create and name a new file right from here for students to turn in.
Note: You can add up to five files for students to edit. The total number of resources you can add to an assignment is 10, whether editable or non-editable. Read-only reference files can be up to 500 MB in size. Files for students to edit can be up to 50 MB in size.
Select Attach to attach resources to the assignment. Choose a file from your OneDrive, upload a file from your device, or choose one of the other options set by your admin, such as MakeCode.
Note: If you're assigning a Class Notebook page, check what version of OneNote your students are using to ensure that their assignment pages will lock after the assignment due date passes.
Select +New to create a blank Word (.docx), Excel (.xlsx), PowerPoint (.pptx), or Whiteboard document, or a new video recording to hand out to your students.
Note: Select Apps to attach content from an app to the assignment. Admins can manage Teams apps in the Microsoft Teams admin center .
By default, Students can't edit attached documents, which means the document is read-only. This is a great option for reference materials.
Note: If you have older documents with the file extension .doc, .xls, or .ppt, students won't be able to edit them. You can either attach them as read-only reference material or create a new file in Teams, copy in the old content, and save it. All new files you create in Teams or other Office 365 apps will have the correct extension.
Select the amount of points this assignment is worth, if any. You can use points on any number-based scale including whole numbers of 100 and set your own denominator. Examples: 88/100 or decimals 3.7/4.0.
Select Add rubric to create a rubric .
Choose multiple classes, individual students, or groups of students in one class to assign to.
By default, only students who are in your class now will receive this assignment. To change this, next to Don't assign students added to this class in the future select Edit . Make your selection, and then select Done .
Note: If you choose a close date, any student who joins will receive this assignment until the close date.
Select a time and date for the assignment to be due. To schedule an assignment, next to Assignment will post immediately with late turn-ins allowed select Edit . Here, you can customize when your assignment will be posted to students and when it will close for turn-ins. By default, no close date will be selected, which allows students to turn in assignments late.
You can choose whether to add this assignment to your calendar on Outlook, students' calendars, and other educators or staff in your class team. Set this preference for all assignments in Assignments Settings .
Next to Add assignment to calendars , select the dropdown and pick one of the following options:
Students only adds the assignment to just student calendars.
Students and me adds the assignment to both student calendars and your calendar.
Students and team owners to adds the assignment to both student and other educators or staff in the class team calendars.
Choose the channel where you'd like notifications for this assignment to post. This allows you to keep student work and discussion organized by unit, topic, or subject. By default, assignments will be posted in the General channel or your selection in Assignments Settings.
To choose a channel to post in, next to Post assignment notifications to this channel , select Edit .
Pick the channel you’d like this assignment notification to post in, then select Done .
To post assignment notifications to a channel, make sure bot posting is enabled. You can check that here or ask your IT Admin for help.
Assignments will post to channels that are visible to all students. Private channels will not appear during this step.
Assignments to multiple classes can only post to the General channel. Assignments to individual students do not post to channels.
When you're ready, you can finish the process of creating your new assignment by assigning it to students.
Note: If your school uses Turnitin, you can sync assignment turn-ins to Turnitin .
Assign will immediately publish the assignment and your students will be notified of the new assignment on the day you specified and the notification linking to this assignment will post in the channel you selected. They'll also have an entry on their Teams and Outlooks calendars if you've selected that option.
Save will save a draft of the assignment. Students will not receive any notification, and nothing will be added to any calendar.
Discard will delete the draft of the assignment. Students will not receive any notification, and nothing will be added to any calendar.
Create a group assignment
Edit an assignment
Save an assignment as a draft
Grade, return, and reassign assignments
Additional resources for educators
Ask the community
Need more help?
Expand your skills.
EXPLORE TRAINING >
Get new features first
JOIN MICROSOFT 365 INSIDERS >
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Provide details on what you need help with along with a budget and time limit. Questions are posted anonymously and can be made 100% private.
Studypool matches you to the best tutor to help you with your question. Our tutors are highly qualified and vetted.
Your matched tutor provides personalized help according to your question details. Payment is made only after you have completed your 1-on-1 session and are satisfied with your session.
microsoft word assignment
For the purpose of grading the project you are required to perform the following tasks:
Explanation & Answer
The solution is attached.Please, give me feedback. Whitlock 1 June Whitlock Henry Miller Marketing July 5, 2016 Hazardous Materials Found in E-Waste Most people in the United States are now aware that disposing of electronic equipment by traditional methods—such as dumping in landfills—is harmful to the environment. It is intuitive to people that placing large items that will never completely break down in landfills is a wasteful use of land, but the reasons for special treatment of electronic waste go beyond that. Electronics contain hazardous materials that can harm the planet if placed untreated in landfills. Also, many electronic devices contain valuable materi...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science !
software engineering networking File Source parity bits technology value Software Testing technology data integration Data warehouse WAN Implementation information technology
Twelve Years A Slave
by Solomon Northrup
by Elie Wiesel
Heart of Darkness
by Joseph Conrad
We Were Eight Years in Power
by Ta-Nehisi Coates
by George Orwell
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
by Mark Manson
by Hillary Clinton
The Jade Peony
by Wayson Choy
by Christina Baker Kline
working on a homework question?
Studypool is powered by Microtutoring TM
Copyright © 2023. Studypool Inc.
Studypool is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university.
Access over 20 million homework documents through the notebank
Get on-demand Q&A homework help from verified tutors
Read 1000s of rich book guides covering popular titles
Sign up with Google
Sign up with Facebook
Already have an account? Login
Login with Google
Login with Facebook
Don't have an account? Sign Up
There are 1.2 billion Microsoft Office users worldwide, and Microsoft Word is easily the most commonly used word processor. Sharing and collaborating using Word files is easy and increasingly common. Here are a couple of ways you can get yo...
Very few programs for the computer are used as often as Microsoft Word. Turning a computer into an easy-to-use digital typewriter, the program lets users create papers, letters, resumes and other documents.
Microsoft Word is an industry leader in word processing, and installing it on your computer after purchase is easy indeed. Here is an overview of the process. Microsoft Word is commonly available as part of the Microsoft Office package.
In this video, we're going to show you the steps on how to format your university assignment/ report on Microsoft Word.
In this video we will learn about how we can use ms word for university assignments and how to make assignments in ms word in perfect and
Ms Word Practical Assignment Pdf · University · Course · Microsoft Word is a word processor developed by Microsoft. · released in 1983 under the name Multi-Tool
Microsoft Word Assignments · Assignment #7: Mail Merge · Assignment #6: Home for Sale Flyer START DATE: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11/THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13 · Assignment #5:
How to make an assignment on MS word · 1. Setting the layout of the page for your assignment · 2. Set Margins · 3. Setting Orientation of the page · 4. Setting Size.
Create a new blank document in Microsoft Word. · Copy and paste the Memo Text (see above) into your Word document. · Save the document to the Rowan folder on your
Download the report document and open it in Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Word or MS-WORD (often called Word) is a graphical word processing program that users can type with.
Create assignments for your students in Microsoft Teams. Manage assignment timelines, add instructions, create resources to turn in, and more. Note: Assignments
Always open this when doing work on assignments. • The Navigation pane in Word lets you navigate through your document. • You can also use the Navigation
Instructions: For the purpose of grading the project you are required to perform the following tasks: Step Instructions Points Possible 1 Start Word.